LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

LogMeIn Central Reviews - Page 7

Good program but pricy

Pros

Lots of functionality, remote printing capability

Cons

Price is prohibitive for small organizations

LogMeIn for Private Practice Dental

Pros

Quick connection to office server from home. No need to log in every time, simply click on the device you want to connect to and you're in!

Cons

Occasionally can be slow, and sometimes if inactive for a few minutes you are automatically logged out.

Comprehensive and Expensive

Pros

This is an excellent tool to have, if you can afford the annual fee. A testament to its utility is its clientele, which includes big names like "Au Bon Pain". It is admittedly confusing to navigate for anyone who is not tech savvy, but, with a bit of training and familiarizing, anyone with basic knowledge of computer systems can manage and monitor their software remotely to great effect. Highly recommended.

Cons

If you are a small business, this might not be the best solution, as the annual billing fee is a bit on the steep side - especially since you won't likely be needing most of its features or remote monitoring technology until you grew to be big enough for your own abilities to be spread too thin to be effective.

Like Being at Your Desk

After hours, inclement weather days, emergencies-full access to your work machine from the comfort of home or wherever.

Pros

Like being at work without, you know, actually being at work. Access to your network and your local machine from the comfort of anywhere.

Cons

The screen resolution seems to be a little off, and a there's a little more lag than if you're at your desk.

LogMEIn Central is easy to use

The thing that's really cool is the shared whiteboard. Our team can really work together to brainstorm or throw out ideas.

Pros

I like that you can manage remote desktops with this software. Not all remote access programs let you manage remote hardware and look at software on the remote computer. I also like the shared Whiteboard where you and other people connected to work together with and see each others work instantly.

Cons

The only thing that is a little frustrating is the amount of time it can take for the remote PC to set up as a host. It takes longer to set up the host than the admin PC.

Remote App

I was able to get most of my job functions done by troubleshooting remote users.

Pros

For a remote application, this gets the job done. Good thing there's 3 ways to connect with the user, however they need to be connected to the net.

Cons

Program startup does take a while to load. Latency could be better. Both giving and receiving ends needs to have a decent connection.

New way to work from home

Pros

During this pandemic I can work from home and still be able to access my computer and all my things on it. Its is easy to log in and easy to maneuver around.

Cons

It is a little slow when you connect remotely but other than that it is a great product. I have nothing bad to say about it

LogMeIn

Pros

I like that it's easy to use. I can send an end user a link to download and install

Cons

With the version I use, there is no file transfer option, which seems strange considering how much we pay for this

log me in review

working from home not having to put addition on building to have extra work force was wonderful.

Pros

I loved the stay at home and log in to the office feature. It makes working from home so much easier and functional. Multiple people could use it from our office and it is wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes I would get locked out or find the connection very slow and that might just be the internet provider's responsibility.

How can you be in 2 places at once

Three words - stable remote access.

Pros

LogMein is a great piece of remote management software. Not only can you solve problems from the comfort of your home you can do it anywhere that there is an internet connection. The response rate is much faster than other products I have used.

Cons

The initial setup took a little bit to get work through but that can be said about most new products.

I use this product almost daily to access software and files from our host computer.

It allows me to access files and information from different locations. I can also print documents from the host computer to the local printer.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows me to be in two places at once - which is essential to keeping up with my daily tasks.

Cons

It is a bit overpriced. The product does save me quite a bit of travel time, but the convenience is almost not worth the price.

Useful/Effective Program

Pros

I use this product multiple times a week to remote login to work. It is extremely helpful to use this program to work from home and access work computers.

Cons

There are some features that I find difficult when using a Mac computer with this program as it does not allow you to use certain features such as the right click very easily.

LogMeIn

We have used LogMeIn for years with the team at our EMR. It works seamless every time and we have no trouble getting connected. This is very important in a busy doctor's office.

Pros

The ease of connecting with remote IT for problems we are having on site. We are only on the users side of this product.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to mention. We do not have an account with LogMeIn, only been on the users side.

Convenient - instant access remotely, which saves time and money

Pros

What I like most about LogMeIn is the smooth setup(s) and it's versatility. Another plus is the ability to import as well as export files directly and instantly.

Good Software for Remote

I have really liked it overall. It has allowed us to make more money by reaching clientele that we couldn't before.

Pros

I like that I have a way to remote into my clients who have software that is locally based only and can send it to my team.

Cons

I like the software, but I really wish it were cheaper. It was very cheap when it first came out, but has gotten a lot more expensive.

Time Saver

As mentioned above the use and ease to use makes it very valuable tool.

Pros

Being a small company with retail sites spread out over 300+ miles, having the ability to remotely access PCs is a good time saver.

Cons

The desktop version sometimes does not update any PC changes as I don't realize the program has been open before accessing and needs to be restarted/refreshed.

Logmein gets the job done well

Pros

Logmein enables you to remotely log into computers. It works well, even allowing you to import/export files directly (which is not possible through Chrome remote desktop). It works a little better than Chrome as well; faster, smoother operations, and more natural when working with multiple screens

Cons

The additional functionality of logmein, when compared to Chrome remote desktop (a free option) was not enough for me to continue using it; unless you're a heavy user, I suggest sticking with free software

One of the myriad of remote support options

Pros

LogMeIn offers many of the features necessary to remotely access and support end users. It has a small RAM and processor footprint and is compatible with Windows XP through Windows 10.

Cons

Comparatively very expensive for companies. Customer support is hit or miss. Some TeamViewer techs are very helpful. Others seem to care less about helping.

Life Saver!

letting people work from home when they cant make it to the office really helps keep things efficient esp for a small office where everyone is a lead on something

Pros

having young kids sometimes makes getting into the office next to impossible this way i am able to stay home and care for the little ones and not miss a beat of work!

Cons

have trouble with dual monitors it becomes a little difficult

It does the job

We have used LogMeIn Central since it started. It used to be lightweight, solid as a rock, and before all of the price increases, an excellent value. All of the stuff added since then is either hard to use, buggy, or has many limitations. In addition, the price has skyrocketed. Every year at renewal time we look at replacing it.

Pros

It takes care of the basic necessities extremely well. Many of the more advanced features are buggy or of limited usability.

Cons

The bugs and the limitations of the advanced features. VERY pricey for what it is. Without substantial discounts, it is a very poor value.

Great Remote Service Aid

Pros

You can access a person's computer whether it's a MAC or a PC. Allows the customer to deny or approve access to a person's computer before moving forward. Completely secure and trustworthy.

Cons

I have never had any issues with it. The service is straightforward and it does what it is supposed to do. Not one complaint.

Great for Remote Work

We used LogMeIn to access our desktops when working remotely, or on travel. This platform made it easy to gain access to any of our documents while on the go

Pros

My favorite aspect about LogMeIn is the simplicity of the usability. Literally anyone with minimal experience can open this tool up and learn how to operate it within a matter of moments

Cons

Throughout the years of using this solution, i never had any issues with the connection, or interface. It was always great performing

We used log me in for years.

Pros

I liked the basic function of remote desktop access. The interface was user friendly enough. We also utilized their cloud service, Cubby, while it was around.

Cons

CUBBY was not a user friendly service, it is good they discontinued it. LogMeIn worked perfectly fine, we just discontinued use when we were offered a less expensive alternative with another program we use.

Remote Support and Software VPN done right

Pros

LogMeIn Central provide a great solution for supporting multiple workstations and at the same time providing the ability to manage a software VPN that is reliable and easy to setup

Cons

Pricing has gone up over the years. I understand their model but I think that taking away the free version with less features was a mistake.

An average service for remote access

Our overall experience with LogMeIn Central has been okay, we're able to push the content we need and remote into things, but the UI and the connection instability make it very difficult to use.

Pros

The user interface, for the application, is easy to use and very plain (no real chance of getting things messed up). It connects easy enough.

Cons

The website user interface is very messy, clunky and hard to decipher, making tasks sometimes very difficult to run on remote PC's. Their customer service is very difficult to work with, they are a bit curt and can come off as rude. The connections are not always stable, and can drop unless people have a pristine connection, which is very difficult to monitor.