LogMeIn Rescue Logo

Remote support for helpdesks, call centers and organizations

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews - Page 2

BW

Bryan W.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

LogMeIn Rescue - Essential Support Software

Essential. I couldn't possible envision doing my job properly without it. Before this software, I used to drive to my client's locations and help them out of a jam, now they know I am just a couple of clicks away. It's the one annual expense I have that I am always happy to spend.

Pros

In my industry, I tend to the needs of users inside the office and outside. LogMeIn Rescue seamlessly allows me to take over my users computer and address their needs wherever I happen to be. Quite frankly, it is the most important software I use. Not only can I control the user's computer remotely, but the Rescue console also allows me to peak inside the file directory. This allows me to move and transfer files directly between our two computers.

Cons

It's not cheap! There are alternatives that are significantly less expense, however, you get what you pay for. Rescue is robust and the extra money spent is certainly worth it. Additionally, in order to acquire full control over the user's computer, there are a couple of steps that need to be explained to the user. While most find these steps intuitive, some of my older clients find it difficult. Sometimes patience and familiarity with the Rescue commands are required to get your client on board with you.

AA

Amit A.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Amazing tool for Remote control.

Pros

ogMeIn Rescue is well suited in enterprises that require 24/7 user functionality. It allows end-user support on-site and at remote locations through any type of internet connection (domain authentication not required). It allows instantaneous access to computers that are otherwise difficult to physically get to.

Cons

Sometime Disconnection in the services. Cost is little bit high.

LN

Louwrens N.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Rescue really works great.

We moved to Rescue a couple of years ago and really changed the way we supported users remotely.We can now support user devices (including mobile phones) via Rescue over an internet connection.It simplifies our support and makes our teams more effective.With the script fuction, our support desk can run "quick fix" scripts on the end pc with a quick click. This makes a quick call even faster.

Pros

The overall Rescue platform works really well with our computers and mobile platforms. With the enhanced security of our company this is one of the few tools that enables us to work on a client pc as if the computer is next to us.The password intake feature and remote process management and script features are awesome.Overall the functionality exceeds a lot of the other software out there.

Cons

I do not really feel that there is much they can improve on, everything we needed was already built-in when we moved to Rescue.

SM

Serhii M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

LogMeIn Rescue - one of the simplest and greatest remote session product

Overall I enjoyed working with this application, compare to Teamviewer or Boomgar I would definitely choose LogMeIn Rescue due to its price, user-friendly interface, and tons of features that work the way they should.

Pros

I liked the mobile app very much, unfortunately, I worked with this product some time ago and there were no analogs for the IOS version of this application. Android version worked the same way as PC one, with all the features, similar interface, and so on. Also, I enjoyed the simplicity of the session transfer, leaving notes for the next person to work on your case, integrations, and in general smooth performance. This product allowed me to connect even to Windows XP during the days, not a lot of similar products can do that.

Cons

Missing the IOS application back in the days, not sure if it changed now. Sometimes the sessions were dropping and reconnecting, not often, but may happen. It has fewer features if you are using Apple devices compared to Windows.

Sergey M.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Remote support at your finger tips

Pros

I've used this product for many years since LogMeIn introduced it. First time I tried it I was really blown away with its ease of use and deployment. While it offers a wide spectrum of additional features, I mostly use it to remotely support my employees, who can't be visited at the given moment. It really is so seamless, that my users feel like I'm right in front of them, assisting them with the IT issues. Web-based interface for day-to-day support makes it really easy to initiate a remote assistance call. I also use it on the servers for remote support, as they are spread out around multiple locations. Very fair ROI on this product. I am looking to evaluate other LMI products in the nearest future.

Cons

Every so often I run into certain issues with LMI client application installed on my Apple computers. Usually, I'd have to reinstall the client to solve the problem. This never happens to the Windows LMI client application.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

One of the best remote take-over tools out there!

I have used LogMeIn Rescue for several years on a daily basis and have yet to come across a remote take-over tool that is as user friendly as this one. The learning curve is quite low, which makes it a great tool for most Service Desk environments! The lay-out is very clear and easy to understand and use and security-wise it's one of the most secure tools. I have worked with some European countries...

Pros

The lay-out of the tool is very clear and user friendly.

Cons

Reporting function could use some improvement.

Great for remote supoort

The software allows us to easily take control and manage our remote referring physicians with a pretty simple secured connection to their office.

Pros

Allows you to easily take control of the remote pc even with multiple monitor setups. I actually prefer some things over the logmein central product but not all. Central has more features but this is preferred for external remote access for us over Central.

Cons

Freezes up sometimes with win 10 computers. I just lose remote functions like mouse control . Also if the remote computer has windows UAC user access control on any popups you will not see remotely which will hinder your access until the user clicks yes or no on their end. Users get popups and do not click all the time to start the remote session or even where to look. I would give it another start if these issues were resolved.

Carman A.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

LogMeIn Is a wonderful option for remote repairs

LogMeIn Rescue is how we support our clients and end users all over the world. It is a really well made option for remote repairs. Outside of hardware and environmental issues, I can make almost any repair on an end user's computer without even needing to be in the same country. Overall, it is a very handy piece of software that I will use over and over again if given the chance.

Pros

I like that it allows me to take over an end user's computer with almost complete access. There does not appear to be any feature on the user's computer that I cannot access (outside of administrator access needed on site). This is very handy and allows me to do my job easier.

Cons

Certain optional screen sharing features would be nice, like being able to choose a specific window or screen. And easier sign in and access granting would be nice. It takes a few steps to get into a user's computer.

EP

Eli P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great Product, But a Bit oo Expensive

Overall, I like the product and it gives me piece of mind when connecting to critical client machines, but the price is too high compared to other products to justify a large roll out.

Pros

Logmein works and works well. I use several remote control products and Logmein is the one that I use if I know that keeping the connection is critical. It's especially useful when the user a laptop that doesn't initie the WiFi connection until after login. The product can be configured to cache credentials and login automatically.

Cons

The price is definitely the highest for all the remote control products that I use. I use Logmein sparingly because I only purchased one license. For general day to day use, I use other less expensive products.

JS

Juan S.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms.

The ease of knowing that at a moments notice, I can jump onto my device of choice and provide full remote support to my users is a great benefit. The performance across the different platforms is pretty seamless and very responsive.

Pros

Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms. I've had this software get me out of bind when my boss called for support and all I had was my Android Tablet. I like that it is flexible enough to on multiple platforms and easy for the customer side to use.

Cons

Its a great tool, but it does come with a hefty price tag, if your organization can afford it on their per technician basis.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Remote Access with chat :)

Pros

I've used LogMeIn Rescue when I worked as Technical Support in a software. We're using this software to remotely access our customers computer to troubleshoot their computer and do installations. These customers are miles away. I love the idea that it is easy to use. You can also communicate with them via chat. So whenever you need them to do something on their end, it is to relay the instruction. Not necessarily to always stay on the phone.

Cons

I can't remember anything that I like least about LogMeIn Rescue. If there's one thing they can improve is that make it more user-friendly, though it is already easy to use, however whenever a non-computer savvy is using it, were having a hard time to let them allow the remote access. But this is something that is not a big deal since it is not LogMeIn's fault. However, if there's something they can do about this, that will be awesome.

Adam C.

Great remote connection tool

Pros

I love the ability to remotely connect to a users computer and be granted full admin access to make changes and repairs. We are able to connect with people all over the world and resolve their computer issues. I've been able to hotspot off my phone and connect to users for long periods to resolve issues.

Cons

I don't like that it takes the app a while to implement new features. When there is an issue with an update or new windows features it can take them some time to release an update. A work around is usually available but they become cumbersome.

KB

Kelsey B.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Not Worth The Cost

Our experience with LogMeIn Rescue taught us that even software backed by a popular name may not be as good as software that is free or from a more uncommon developer.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue does what it is supposed to do. That's about the only positive thing I have to say about the software. Aside from that, cost and ease of use and functionality are major drawbacks.

Cons

After using LogMeIn Rescue for nearly 9 months, we have reached a point where we have to decide if it will be a permanent system that we will utilize. I have decided to pursue other options considering there are cheaper -- and even free -- alternatives that exist which provide equal or greater functionality at no cost or at a fraction of the cost of LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Rescue is not as feature rich as many of the free and lower priced products that exist. So, in short, cost was the main issue for us deciding to pursue other options.

KT

Keenan T.

Internet, self-employed

Fantastic Remote Access Software to Service a Distant Computer

LogMeIn Rescue has allowed me to connect to any computer that I want without having to diagnose window's native remote desktop application. All of the heavy lifting is done by LogMeIn, which has allowed remote technicians to work faster and more efficiently.

Pros

Rescue is a fantastic piece of software that is used to diagnose computer problems remotely. Ranging from helping the elderly log into their email to severe computer issues, Rescue is acceptable for any problem. Rescue removes the diagnosing of remote desktop connection in windows and makes it easy. All you have to do is install the program, input the credentials to the target computer and access is granted. Rescue allows you to view the target's screen and control their computer. You can transfer files and chat to the target computer through Rescue's chat dialogue box.

Cons

To be fair, LogMeIn Rescue has some downfalls. When the target user download's the program, they have to be computer-illiterate to be able to install and access the application. Having a download that will automatically initiate a session would be awesome.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great Remote Support Tool

Overall the experience with LogMeIn Rescue was positive. Couldn't be more positive. I did not deal with the licensing so I can't speak to that. I used this as a support technician and it is a solid product.

Pros

Never failed. Never dealt with any issues having users install the client and never had any issues connecting. I came from a open source VNC tool which had all sorts of difficulty and quirks. LogMeIn Rescue was a huge upgrade and made everyone's lives easier. It also had another feature called Rescue lens where a user could use their smartphone camera to show you what they are looking at. I never used that feature, but other technicians I worked with had.

Cons

Nothing. It always worked. I never had an issue.

Aaron W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Use LMI Rescue daily to serve our users

It allows us to connect to our users and help them in a much better way than simply email or phone support can do.

Pros

LogMeIn Rescue has been great for us to remotely serve our customers. We need multi-screen remote access, so being able to see all screens, share files, get information about users computer, and even setup unattended access is very helpful.

Cons

It is very expensive compared to other programs. The security process to allow a rep to remote into a user's computer can take more steps than it should (overly secure), which can be confusing for customers.

NR

Nathanial R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Absolute necessity for our Tech Support office

Our Tech Support office has used LMI Rescue for around a decade, and it is one of the most valuable tools we rely on every single day.

Pros

This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.

Cons

I wish the limit was higher as to the number of active sessions a user can have at one time. If I need to connect to 30 different computers at a time, I cannot. I believe the max limit is currently 20.

Matt B.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Excellent tool that gives you the ability to see what the user sees and even control their desktop

It allows us to streamline support for certain issues and minimize the need for customers to follow detailed instructions over the phone. It also allows us to quickly transfer files without resorting to email, dropbox or some other method.

Pros

It allows me to quickly and easily access user's PCs to help troubleshoot issues, perform actions, transfer files, install updates, etc. It is easy to use for the customer and is an invaluable tool in customer support. It makes what could be a 30 minute call take 5 minutes and helps to solve issues that would otherwise be impossible.

Cons

Every once in a while we experience some unknown issues with running LogMeIn on a user's computer. The .exe file that should run to launch does nothing or the connection fails suddenly. We have had trouble getting to the bottom of these issues. However, these issues are pretty rare and may be due to issues on the customer's end.

JP

Joy P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use!

I've seen some people complain that it's hard to explain to customers how to install. I've experienced that some which was frustrating, but if you are able to explain things in layman's terms to the other end you will be fine. I used this program as a tech support agent and it made my life so much easier! I was able to take control of the customer's computer and get things done quickly and efficiently instead of directing the customer to do it, which can be so time-consuming.

Pros

Super easy to use! The program does all of the work for you! You couldn't ask for a smoother experience for your customers when it comes to trying to figure out their issues.

Cons

There's really nothing I didn't like. It is all around a great program!

AS

Alberto S.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

LogMein best remote work software

I am working with a security software company, this tool is very effective to help us solve and troubleshoot problems by establishing a remote connection

Pros

I am using LMI or LogMein software for more than 6 years since I am technical support in the BPO industry. The software provides the best feature to establish remote connections on multiple platforms such as Android, Windows, and Mac OS

Cons

Overall the feature is very good, I think it must need a better resolution.

SS

Shadab S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Boon for tech support people!

Pros

I have been using this for past 6 years and though I have an option of using different screen sharing tool, but I always prefer to go with LogMeInRescue due to its world class features which no other tool provides. Even my client prefers using this tool as it is quite reputed and safe to use. It is a very reliable software.

Cons

It works beautifully on Windows devices but on Mac and Mobile devices it does lag sometimes which the LogMeIn team can rectify.

KK

Kenneth K.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Remote Support has never been easier

Logmein is great and my users are very comfortable with this software

Pros

Very simple to use and easy telling my employee to go to the site as i generate a code for them. It offers ease of access for me as an admin to assist our users remotely especially during the pandemic.

Cons

Occasionally my admin rights do not work as i am using the software but overall its been a good experience

BD

Brett D.

May 2022 Update Broke this Product

Used to be amazing, then GoTo stepped in - I'm shopping for an alternative as we speak - after 13 years with LMI.

Pros

Reliable - unattended access - ease of use with client

Cons

Recent update week broke the product - three weeks in and their dev still has yet to undo the damage they did with the update. Support is incredibly non-responsive. Likely in that they have no answers.

JW

Jimmy W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Decent ad-hoc remote support software

Good solid remote support product and the mobile phone element is very useful.

Pros

Works very well when ad hoc access required. Full feature set including file transfer and ability to remote control and configure certain elements of mobile phones.

Cons

Quite expensive but you get what you pay for. Unattended access is quite difficult to deploy but works well once done.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reliable, instant screenshare tool

Pros

We've tried other screenshare tools on the market but LogMeIn Rescue was the best product that offered fast and easy-to-use screenshares. Many of the customers our Support Team works with are technically challenged. LogMeIn Rescue has helped provide a solution to a major issue we had regarding setting up screenshares with users who don't even know how to turn on the computer sometimes.

Cons

Pricing is a little steep, but you get what you pay for. It's a good product and you will pay more for it.