Netwrix Auditor Reviews - Page 4

Fantastic Auditing Software

Monitors our file servers, AD changes, and SQL and Sharepoint changes.

Pros

Very flexible and can audit about any event possible on the network. We mostly use it for a Windows environment.

Cons

Cumbersome initial configuration...very expensive. Licensing is per AD-user so you will need to keep your directory cleaned up.

Our experience with Netwrix has been great!

Pros

Fairly easy to use and setup. Netrix lets us know each year that the renewal is coming and works with us to get the renewal done.

Cons

Don't like that the Password Management component is going away. This is a convenient way for users to have a self-service password change solution for remote users.

Good experience.

Pros

I like the things you can do with this product but just felt like we had other software in place that could gather this stuff for us so we didn't need to spend the money right now.

Cons

I did not have any con really. I liked the product, just felt we didn't need to pay for it at this time since we can pull most of the information from other sources we currently have.

Great value and logging system

Good investment and would recommen the quick start.

Pros

Networks offered and QuickStart which helped get us up to speed fast.

Cons

Not a true SIEM, but great logging and great value.

Decent product...little documentation on custom reporting/alerting

Instant alerting.

Pros

Instant Alerts. This feature is pretty spot on but could be made better with some additional guides to create custom rulesets.

Cons

Lack of documentation around custom reporting/alerting. Also, we occasionally run into faults where the DB runs out of space, but relieves itself after a few days. During this time jobs get queued up and support has not been able to identify the issue directly.

Great Tool for Monitoring Systems

Overall the experience was good and I have found great use with some of the free tools that are also available.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and configure. It ties directly into the domain to provide a wealth of information and help you easily spot trouble areas.

Cons

The software comes with way more than you may need or use so it feels a little bloated.

Netwrix auditor is good

Pros

ease of use. very easy to use . highly recommended

Cons

might need more functionality. what more can Netwrix do for me.

Simple and powerful

Pros

I love that it provides simple visibility into my network. The application was easy to configure and begin using.

Cons

Must have tool for any company in need to control access to corporate unstructured informaiton

Real visibility into changes to our AD environment and exactly who and when documentation is accessed.

Pros

Easy to install and within the various reports and settings. The single server and well-integrated platform is robust.

Cons

The additional setup to monitor auditing on servers is very time consuming. This should be automated.

Simple to get up and running, powerful reports

We were able to cut the time to complete our monthly SOX reports by about 80%

Pros

Requires little time and effort to deploy, and you can quickly start generating the reports and alerts you need

Cons

Can be tricky to create some custom reports if what you want isn't already provided in the portal out of the box.

Happy, just need to spend the time to become more familiar with the software

Ability to monitor logins and failed login and the ability to audit our file servers for access.

Pros

Really liked how easy it was to get everything setup. Sales team was very helpful and prompt. Like the clean interface and so far things have been pretty self-explanatory.

Cons

The amount of data is overwhelming! I need to more spend more time tweaking things and taking the time to build some custom reports to filter out some of the 'noise'.

Nice software for infrastructure management

Pros

Alot of functionalities that addresses issues with system and network management

Cons

Needs a lot of time to master the functionalities and their uses

Great auditing software for your network

Pros

Netwrix is full of useful features to keep an eye on your network

Cons

Netwrix is a bit costly but worth it if you have compliance needs in your business

Easy to get a quote, easy to install, and easy to use

Pros

Does what it advertises - alerts and reports on active directory events. Support is included with initial purchase.

Cons

changes from 8.5 to 9 were pretty drastic with no reason, emails, or help to the changes. Support is ok, but slow and no followup

Great software for IS and IT teams.

We use it to address audit concerns and provide data reports/metrics to the leadership.

Pros

Ability to gather data quickly to answer questions about changes in Active Directory.

Cons

No problems or complaints so far. The software seems to be performing as expected.

Complete auditing solution that you should never miss.

Pros

Simple installation process Reporting feature is class, its pre-built feature is life saver.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Apart from that I don’t see any issues with the tool.

A good product for the money

We have been quite happy with Netwrix and staff are starting to rely on it for detailed auditing.

Pros

Netwrix Auditor is a good product that audits all of the items we need to audit. It will audit file servers, database server, Active Directory Servers, SharePoint servers and a whole lot more. We use it for all of these items and the price did not go up because we added more machine types.

Cons

Netwrix can be a bit finicky at times. We have has it stop auditing a server because the configuration on the server was changed. It took a bit of work with support for them to realize that it shouldn't have stopped due to the configuration change and once they figured that out, they fixed the problem. Once we got the auditing to start, it picked up all of the items it missed while it wasn't auditing, so we lost nothing.

Great Website, Slick Interface. Awful Support

IT reported the technical support was responsive, but my experience with customer support was very negative. I had several instances of emails going unanswered, sometimes but not always because my contact left the company and our account was never handed over appropriately.

Pros

The website trial shows off the features of the software while also teaching how to perform a user access audit. The user interface is very clean, user-friendly, intuitive, and snappy. The software comes with a lot of explanations for the built-in reports to help users understand what the report is used for. The software also makes it really easy to monitor the organization, with alerts for unacceptable actions or for unusual behavior above thresholds.

Cons

Our IT department spent a long time working on getting some of the features and reports working, with some success, but many reports and features were never fixed after a whole year of working with support. Apparently Netwrix support was responsive, but their fixes often failed to work.

Netwrix auditor does what is needs to but watch out for hidden cost

Started off ok, but when the extra bill came and rude sales guy started in we were more than happy to turn this off. We moved to a fully managed SOC.

Pros

I liked I could get reports on who made changes to everything on my domain. I knew when someone adjusted a group policy, created a user, or made a change in SQL.

Cons

We set this up to monitor employees only. We did not want to monitor students or service accounts because of the extra cost. The count on the user side showed 2000+ and we were not licensed. I opened a support ticket with the company and was told not to worry about it because it would just not monitor any user because of the license. I didn't like the answer, but it was still monitoring so much more. Then a year later I was hit with a huge bill because we had 2000+ people being monitored. We decided to just turn of the service.

For admins only - but powerful if you know how to use it

It was a steep learning curve to configure and initially use. There was good help from customer service but still quite painful. But it is usefull and required now that it is up and running.

Pros

IT's very powerful. It adds so much usefull functionality to the existing windows auditing that it can really manage the servers/office3365 ect well form a security/compliance/auditing point of view.

Cons

It's difficult to configure. It can be offputting to those who are not technical. Not really for smaller businesses.

If you are held to a number of regulatory governances, Netwrix Auditor is for you

If ever anyone is requiring a software that will audit their systems, I immediately recommend Netwrix because of the community presence (I have dealt with them primarily on the Spiceworks forums), and their amazing canned reports.

Pros

The amount of data you can collect about security events, group changes, object moves and deletions, system and file access (and much more) is astounding, especially considering the price. If I need to track something new that I wasn't thinking of when I bought this software, I only need to dig a little and there's something there already for me to utilize. The variety of things we can monitor...

Cons

I think that the UI change from the prior major version to the new was the most jarring. I suspect it wouldn't have been as difficult to understand had I started with the newest UI.

Great tool for network visibility

I find visibility to be one of the greatest tools as a network manager. Netwrix gives me the ability to monitor file actions as well as account actions that may tip me off to a security breach on the network. Or, if an employee wants to know the exact reason a file went missing I am able to query Netwrix and provide an exact answer, even a screen capture of the event in progress if I wanted. With customizable notifications I am able to get on the spot information when specific events occur, like somebody attempting to log into a Domain Administrator's account without authorization. Though a little expensive, it is better to have the security Netwrix auditor provides than to allow a network breach go unnoticed until it is too late.

Pros

Easy to setup monitor AD, Logs, Events, etc customizable notifications visibility into files, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, etc advanced features that help track down file actions, like screen captures or recordings of the actual event

Cons

The interface is sluggish can cause some network interference if not tuned properly cost

Great Tool for Sys Admins

Overall, I am extremely satisfied in this product for the features and function that save time. Having this tool has provided value several times over since installation several years ago, and the proof is in the pudding. It works and provides valuable insight into system health and the WHO, WHAT, WHEN and WHERE.

Pros

Easily identify the 4 W's: Who, what, when, where. Eliminates sifting through several event logs to find the relevant information. Allows easy investigation into changes not authorized or a failed system. Alerts easy to setup for notifications of items you need to know about.

Cons

Occasionally, services fail and don't stop, so monitoring the service doesn't tell you that there is a problem until it is too late. No preventative as I would like.

The additional set of eyes you need.

Pros

Netwrix Auditor was easy to deploy and you can very quickly gain deep insights into what is occurring in your environment. A huge positive is that a single application can provide data for so many different environments.

Cons

Not a knock against the software itself, but in some cases, requirements for certain audit features could be documented a bit better or more centrally. Perhaps this has been improved upon since my initial deployment 5+ years ago.

Netwrix Suite

After getting the system up and running it has been a great tool for being proactive when monitoring our environment. The automated reports work great.

Pros

Automation!! Set it and forget it. Once you set up the items you want to monitor, you have the ability to shift your focus to other important items and then be alerted when the criteria matches your rules.

Cons

A little complicated to get things working at first.