Panopta Reviews

Kevin W.

Happy to recommend Panopta to anyone looking for a reliable, robust monitoring solution.

Rafe H.

It's been the most accurate and stable monitoring system I have ever used plus their great customer service and affordable plans.

Hamid Reza K.

Seth C.

Richard L.

When connections fail, we notice immediately and can fix accordingly.

Chris C.

4.5

Solid, reliable and configurable monitoring and alerting solution

We started using Panopta over a year ago after having continual problems with some of the other better-known monitoring solutions; continual false-negative reports and convoluted interfaces were causing continual problems for us. Panopta's service has proven to be very reliable, allowing us to configure the points from which our servers are monitored which mean we're getting alerts from regions very...

Pros

Ease of use; reliability; configurability; alerting systems; easily integrated with other systems

Cons

They don't have as many 'out of the box' integrations as some of the better-known solutions, however, it hasn't proven to be a big hurdle with a little work.

Just the right amount of monitoring

We use Panopta as our front-line monitoring system at Nutshell, a SaaS product. In particular, we needed a tool that would notify the team via phone call, for late-night coverage. Panopta made this easy. We struggled with the iPhone app at first, but they've launched a new version which works great for us. It's nice to get an iPhone notification as a heads-up before we escalate to phone/text. The...

Pros

Phone call alerting, bulletproof monitoring, straightforward monitoring of an HTTPS endpoint

Cons

The UI to add a new team member to an existing schedule is a bit kludgy

An app to record your teaching for class

The cloud Panopta provides to upload the recoded lectures is very useful for online teaching. Our school used Panopta and connected it to the school teaching website so students can listen to lectures from the school website using Panopta. Overall, it comes with many good features necessary for online teaching.

Pros

It is basically an app that you can use to upload your class explanation and use then recording as an online source. Panopta has this nice feature to cut and edit the videos very easily which is very important for many teachers who are not expert in editing videos.

Cons

The recording quality is not that good. I tried couple of time to record my lecture but I had to be very careful about any little noise since it was transformed to the voice. So having a very good quality microphone is very important. Often I had to use other platforms to record my lecture and upload it on Panopta to share with students.

Solid performance, mostly

Overall we're happy - all outages seem to be notified. The issue we do have is false notifications, that tend to wake up engineers in the middle of the night for no reason.

Pros

Mostly accurate

Cons

False positives.

Great System Monitoring Solution

Panopta has been wonderful for providing server monitoring for our applications. The ability to add custom dashboards to show key metrics and add alerts when those metrics are out of policy has been key to monitoring our physical infrastructure and has allowed us to focus on running our products vs running our systems. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to monitor public/private cloud and physical systems.

Pros

- Cheaper than competitors - More features than competitors of similar price - Very robust dashboard an alert system

Cons

- Dashboards can be a bit difficult to change - Not all features are obvious and can take some getting used to

Hi Jonathan, We agree, the current dashboard has some faults. Keep an eye out for our Dashboard revamp coming in the beginning of January! Let us know what you think and send us some feedback so we can continue to make improvements.

Uptime Lifeline

It's hard enough to keep up with servers 24/7/365 let alone when I'm traveling. The website and app make outages easy to manage when I'm on the go. The alerts come right to my phone. For the price this may be the best vendor I have. Scratch that, "IS"! The price is the same as when I signed up yet now I have a public status page and agent heartbeat to keep my business ticket. It's alive and well. Thanks Panopta!

Pros

Agent heartbeat has a very light footprint on the servers. The flexibility of outage alerts is easy to customize as well.

Cons

Once, in a while I'll get a false alarm. Although, it's typically due to a new monitoring IP that needs whitelisting. Not too much trouble at all.

Hi Seth! We could definitely do a better job of notifying you about new monitoring node IP addresses, I'll bring it up to our product team. In the meantime, you could subscribe to our mailing list or RSS feed for quick updates! You can find both here (https://www.panopta.com/monitoring-network/)

Great service

I was first attracted by their brilliant name and tag line. Looking into the service I was quite impressed at how it operated. We immediately signed up and use it to monitor a few handfuls of nodes. We have now used it for a few years and love it. Our only gripe, and it's more my personal expectations, but faster email response and a reseller or affiliate program :)

Pros

Absolutely perfect minutely monitoring.

Cons

Support doesn't reply as fast as cPanel. Possibly just my unrealistic 3-hour expectations though.

Panopta is a Life Saver!

Our servers went down before and after we signed up for Panopta's monitoring service. The difference is that we can act on it immediately now. It took literally 2 minutes to setup the service once we had signed up. The wizard did all the work. Now we get texts and emails within a minute of anything happening. This kind of peace of mind is priceless.

Pros

Easy to setup. Can monitor just about anything we would need.

Cons

Have not experienced anything negative yet on Panopta. (Been using it for over 2 years)

Host online lectures with Panopta

Pros

Very user friendly. Comes with a mobile app which greatly helped me watch my university lecture videos on the go. Option to download video as well as you can put a restriction such that a user cannot download.

Cons

Sometimes the videos take a long time to buffer. The quality of video does not auto adjust with the internet speed quickly.

Thank you for the review Vinayak, but just to clarify, were you intending to review our network monitoring solution, Panopta? Or perhaps soundalike company Panopto?

Basic Network Monitoring Platform for startups

not so satisfied but I think the amount of money we pay for Panopta is just fair to the benefits we receive

Pros

What I like about Panopta is it is very easy to setup. The other thing is that it has built-in SMS notification system which can be used when there are critical alerts.

Cons

Panopta lacks SNMP polling. It is limited to ICMP monitoring

Panopta is reliable

I switched from Pingdom after they made "improvements" that rendered a good product unusable. Switching to Panopta was easy, and gave me some extra flexibility in composing checks across multiple protocols. After two years I have not missed a single outage thanks to Panopta, the service is consistent and reliable. My main complaint is that their configuration UI is somewhat clunky and slow. Multiple page reloads are often performed for simple updates, and this can make it very slow to make bulk changes. A rewrite using up-to-date single-page techniques would make the UI experience much more fluid.

Pros

Reliability. Flexible checks.

Cons

Config UI is slow and clunky.

Hi Richard! Good news! We are releasing our beta 2.0 UI the first week of January. Keep a look out and please send us your thoughts and suggestions as the updates progress.

Panopta is a critical element of any hosting setup

I have run a boutique hosting business alongside my web-based app development business for 17 years now. It works out well to have one company develop the software and host it. Being a small shop, I use outside services extensively to put my service offering together, and Panopta is a big part of that. I have never had problems with Panopta, it's always there when I need it. I could easily...

Pros

It just works.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but the complexity is expected for the service provided.

Excellent Monitor Tools.

We have been using Panopta for a couple years now and find it extremely useful, we have a network of sites that we need to monitor for uptime and we thoroughly depend on Panopta now to monitor their uptime, Panopta has alerted us instantly when the sites or servers are down and helped our team identify issues when a resource is down right away. I would recommend this to anyone is need for a monitoring resource.

Powerful Intuitive Website Monitoring - Just Lacks a Couple of Features

I love Panopta. It is my favorite platform for just monitoring websites. The outage simulator, easy tree-style interface, and awesome support will always make it a great system to work with. Just needs a few extra features such a RUM, APM, etc. There are other competitors that offer similar services for similar prices while also offering additional features as part of the over package. But, competitor's support is lacking as well as ease of use.

Pros

- Nested Object Interface - On-Call Schedule Built-In - Calling for Free - Large amount of monitor types - Large amount of locations.

Cons

- No RUM - No Docker - No APM

Hi Kevin! The good news is that most of what you suggested is on our roadmap; our Docker integration is coming soon! I'll shoot you a quick email with more details.

Works well

Works well. Would like a bit more included in the basic packages as I feel it is a bit limited for a small player and the larger packages gets quite expensive quick so it feels a bit prohibitive cost wise for a small player.

Pros

Works well

Cons

Limited amount of probes in the smaller packages

Hi Erik! Thanks for the review and the feedback. I'll send over an email so we can discuss a plan that's better suited for you! Keep an eye out in your inbox

Great real time outage alerts

Panopta allows me to actively monitor in real time the health status of my application. It is easy to set up and robust monitoring makes it ideal for me to monitor several key applications effectively.

Pros

Easy setup, real-time monitoring

Excellent Software

This has been an excellent Monitoring Tool to supplement our Internal Monitoring Systems and gives us an Insight into our Network, from External Sources on the Internet throughout the day.

Good stable monitoring

Used to monitor all of our servers and web apps, allows us to monitor from multiple locations and emails and sends SMS quickly and efficiently. The service has a lot more to offer than for what I need as I only require basic monitoring and disk/ram/CPU usage and a couple of tests to test a web page is up.

Pros

Cheap, fast and reliable and support are very helpful.

Excellent Product

I've very happy for using your production. It's so great to see in detail what we need from outside from the world.

Pros

time for investigate monitor alert maintaince security mobile app scheduler multi service

Cons

Some services are still not on your production. However, I can handle by another method.

Panopta is simply the best

I have been using Panopta for several years at several different employers. Each time I introduce the solution to my employer, we move forward with keeping it as a long term external monitoring solution. Not only is the platform easy to use, reliable, and intuitive but the staff is EXTREMELY responsive. They have helped me on several occasions on configuring alerts, API keys, etc. Would recommend this as a solution for a business looking for reliable monitoring.

Pros

Easy configuration of notifications

Cons

Quite frankly, none.

Customer and own private DC monitoring.

Great value for money and product! I could gather from using the product. It is new, but the support to help works on problems that came up was resolved. Efficient and helpful support staff. New features I requested was quickly included and I was informed when the new features came available so I could test. Happy Reseller and Customer:)

Pros

The Value you get for your money.

Cons

the Onsite appliance cost is to high.

It just works!

We use Panopta to monitor our internal monitoring system (yes, somebody needs to watch over monitoring systems too) and also to have a general view of our network from outside, so far has been very solid, they are always improving and releasing new features. It is powerful, easy to use and affordable

Pros

Powerful, you can monitor almost everything Nice public status page

Fully Featured.

We found Panopta after becoming frustrated with Pingdom's convoluted and ever-changing dashboard experience. Panopta, on the other hand, has been great to use. The user interface is fairly modern, despite some quirks, and performance cannot be beaten. It has the enterprise features we need, such as custom alerting schedules and groups, and a comprehensive dashboard that shows exactly what's happening throughout our environment. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Fully featured and flexible. Useful for many sites/servers.

Cons

Lacking some reporting, the dashboard is a little buggy.

Hi Tim, Lucky for you, we're releasing our alpha dashboard in the beginning of January! Test it out and let us know what you think. RE: reporting, I'll reach out to you via email so we can discuss what improvements we can make.

A feature full reliable monitoring service.

Panopta gives us the peace of mind we need to keep our network and servers online and available, it quickly picks up faults and gives us a huge array of options and flexibility on the manner in which we are notified. Being able to schedule different types and layers of notification is especially helpful as we can start with simple emails and work our way up to phone calls. It is a shame that it...

Cons

Your answer for your cluster

Since using panopta as our monitoring service in Adskom we always notified and resolve our problem faster