PDQ Deploy & Inventory Logo

Created by sysadmins, for sysadmins.

PDQ Deploy & Inventory Reviews - Page 5

SC

Sunny C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

PDQ Deploy review

I used to have other patch management but switched to PDQ deploy few years back. I am satisfied so far.

Pros

I have PDQ deploy and PDQ inventory. both app are inteconnected and I can search and identify group of PCs and create a package in PDQ deploy to have them patch catch up. Also I have the packages using heart beat to catch up the patches on PC whenever they are online.

Cons

They are packages unavailable like the CAD tools, FOXIT enterprise version and I will like to see more packages available in the pre-configure option and thsi will make easier for me to download and make them a package for deploy.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great Software Deployment tool

Day to day software deployments are much easier using PDQ. I am able to create, test & deploy application packages in few minutes. Much more convenient than SCCM. They even offer Windows Cumulative updates which is a bonus feature.

Pros

1. Prebuilt packages are so useful. Makes life much easier for IT Admins 2. Integration with PDQ Inventory is the best part of using PDQ Deploy. There are lot of custom build dynamic groups and it is so easy to make the deployment seamless. 3. Integration with Active Directory comes handy. 4. Scheduling package push using Heartbeat Deployment is added convenience.

Cons

The only issue is managing remote/offsite machines becomes challenging using PDQ Deploy.

BL

Brandon L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great software at a good price

Love the software and the weekly videos!

Pros

I love the automatic patch management. I love how I can keep all my software up to date and not have any outdated machines running on my network. I also love having all my inventory of machines in one simple place.

Cons

As dumb as it sounds I would absolutely love a version for Mac. We have several macs in our district as well. I know I can get an MDM but would love something that's built into PDQ

JL

Joshua L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Still learning

I've only been with the company for a year and I've been tasked to manage this software, therefore, I'm still learning how to use it and learning all its functionality. The end goal is to use PDQ to automate as much as I can, including patch updating and maintenance. I have not gotten this advanced in the software just yet. When I get stuck on creating a new package, and i just feel like the software cannot possibly accommodate what I'm trying to do, but so far i've been proven wrong thanks to the support backing it. This program is pretty capable.

Pros

The quality of the product can really be hampered by it's development backers. If the support is not readily available, it can affect the quality of the product, even if the product itself is really good. I have not used much deployment software, but I do know that PDQ deploy is a much cheaper option than other provider's out there. So far the customer support has been outstanding which puts it ahead of anything else i've used.

Cons

The con is the survey requiring me to to fill out more than just saying "na"

RH

Rob H.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Simplicity at its best, but still feature rich

The number one thing is being able to efficiently keep our endpoints patched and have visibility into that process.

Pros

For us, the patching component was the most important part. We were using another product that we always had to struggle to complete patches and even then it was a pain just to be able to see which machines needed patches. PDQ deploy made our lives so much better!

Cons

There are three things I would like to see them do: first, a cloud based approach for deployment and patching where we dont need the computers on the company network to handle them - this is in the works from my understanding. Secondly, add the ability to capture the last logged on user and store it with the rest of the attributes where we can add that as a column. Finally, add an imaging component where we can setup, build and manage images within the same pane of glass - they recently acquired an imaging software company, so I hope this is on the roadmap!

BC

Boon Chen W.

Semiconductors, 1,001-5,000 employees

PDQ Inventory & Deploy

Software packaging is easy with important feature such as job resume after client reboot. Extensive package library with plenty of common software ready to deploy and constantly updated by PDQ.

Pros

Solution is easy to set up, both PDQ inventory & Deploy are up and running within minutes. Software packaging is easy to build, and deployment is smooth and job can be schedule for automation to targeted clients.

Cons

Lack of OS deployment and Windows Update scan and patching similar to WSUS.

Anthony R.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

A good choice for privacy conscious companies

Pros

There are no agents to install on systems being inventoried and it is installed locally on your own network (even just a local desktop) which make a it quick to install and keeps all the communications and data within your local network.

Cons

Because it is agentless there are issues when trying to inventory systems that are removed from the local network, e.g. Home workers.

Joe P.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Great product and time saver.

PDQ Deploy has been great for us. We use it for patching along with baseline software setup for all new machines. This has saved us tons of time, and helped to automate the process.

Pros

PDQ Deploy has been a great time saver for us. The wide range of deploying software makes installing, updating or patching quick and efficient without having to babysit each step of the process.

Cons

Understanding the layout of how the application packages are created and stacking multiple steps can be a bit confusing until you walk through a few different ones.

BA

Brian A.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Just Amazing

I love it.

Pros

Ease of deployment of custom software, not managed by SCCM

Cons

I only have 3 Cons:1. It is two seperate programs (Inventory & Deploy), and allthough there is some integration, we still need to synchronize variables manually.2. The missing ability to use LDAPS intstead of old deprecated LDAP.3. I would love to be able to put the databases on our Enterprise MSSQL Cluster Server, instead of these local SQLite databases.

KE

Kerry E.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Outstanding software, low priced and perfect for schools

I originally started with the free version but quickly found I needed to upgrade to the paid version including inventory, it was the best move I ever did.

Pros

The price is perfect for schools that have had their budgets slashed and still very affordable

Cons

I would like some sort of training on setting up pdq with MDT, my current workflow is to roll out the base windows image using wds, the I push the rest of the software installs via pdq deploy

DN

Devlin N.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

IT Force Multiplier

PDQ Deploy allows us to scale our desktop management exponentially, and is much easier to set up and use than SCCM (if you also have Inventory, which isjust as important as Deploy)

Pros

Rapid deployment of large software installations or configuration changes to hundreds of workstations in minutesExtremely detailed workstation informationt tracking with great filtering / collection optionsVery detailed and helpful documentation (videos/live streams are great)

Cons

Generating reports can be a bit confusing at times.Linux support in the future would be a huge plus if ever considered

RP

Rocky P.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

PDQ Awesome software to keep up with your installed products and keep them up to date.

PDQ solves the calls/tickets to the help desk to update software. PDQ keeps track of my software and keeps them all patched up.

Pros

I love several things, 1. Doesn't take any time to get the software downloaded/installed/ and configured. I literally purchased the software and had it deploying updates to my software packages within an hour(probably less).The pre built packages were nice, simply search and deploy. I was also able to build some of my packages easily and deploy.

Cons

Thus far I haven't found a specific thing I like least about the software.

FF

Frank F.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Software Product

Installed software products Hardware configuration Status of services, firewall It can be used for anything, to query a status or to uncover problems

Pros

With PDQ inventory you can quickly get an overview of what is going on on the computers. And together with PDQ Deploy, it's perfect for an administrator. Easy to use and thus an automation system for distributing software can be created.

Cons

I didn't miss anything in the software for my job

BZ

Boris Z.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Easy local computer management

I like this very much

Pros

Easy to implement and use. This project just works as intended. There is no hoops to jump through.

Cons

Does not have an agent, some scans take a while over a bad connection

Jordan D.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Easy Windows deployment and management

PDQ has made installation and management of our Windows computers easy and inexpensive. Capable of integrating with Active Directory, finding and pushing software to Windows computers is a breeze. Partnered with PDQ Inventory, we would find ourselves working much harder without it.

Pros

Pre-built deployments AD Integration Automated deployments Easy to use and setup

Cons

No OS X or Linux support. Would be awesome if I didn't have to find another program to manage those operating systems, even for the basics.

LC

Laurent C.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

PDQ : An useful, easy to configure and use product in a really affordable shape !

We started with this product without thinking it could be so great. It is now a mandatory tool in our IT business.

Pros

PDQ is the backbone of our compliance management. Really easy to setup and to manage, it allows a total control of the patch, application management of our IT inventoried machines. And everything at a very affordable cost.

Cons

A better looking management interface could be welcome.

Td

Terry d.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Excellent software

Pros

I only came across PDQ when I started working at Skipton. I am always impressed with what it can do. Its so easy to roll out software updates or new software to multiple devices all at once. Easy to schedule installs/updates, especially out of hours. We can easily see what versions of software we have on what devices (With PDQ Inventory) and easily update the out of date ones. Support from PDQ is good and fast.

Cons

Like everything it does take a little bit of learning but its well worth it once you have learnt how it works.

RP

Robert P.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Great software that keeps getting better!

Pros

As a small IT shop PDQ helps me stay on top of updates and schedule them where it does not inconvenience the user.

Cons

Sometimes confusing creating an inventory collection.

NV

Nick V.

Libraries, 51-200 employees

PDQ Deploy

PDQ helps keeps our system up to date as well as allow IT to push out updates fast and easy.

Pros

This software is super intuitive and convenience once you get to use it for a while. Software deployment is easy and the ability to schedule it make it super powerful.

Cons

PDQ separates the software into smaller products. In my opinion, PDQ deploy and inventory should be combined.

VN

Vinh N.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Great Inventory and Management Software for IT

Pros

The software is easy to setup and configure. The software integrates well with Active Directory. It is easy to patch systems. It is easy to install and uninstall software remotely. I like the ability to run commands and manage systems remotely.

Cons

Some time it is a little challenge to build a package and build collection with multiple filter fields.

RW

Ross W.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Very reasonably priced solution for basic deployment

PDQ has become an invaluable tool in our environment and saved us countless hours, deployments of new software have become much simpler and no longer need to involve GPOs.

Pros

Amazing solution for automating deployment of software, tools and other changes. Very simple to pick up and run with, empowers frontline staff to package their own deployments and solve problems independently.

Cons

Subscription based rather than perpetual, limited number of pre-built packages. Not a significant online community around additional packaging. A community packages feature would be very welcome.

Anthony R.

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

The best tool to manage installation/uninstallation/patching in any size environment.

We are using PDQ deploy to manage the installation, patching and uninstallation of software on around 100 systems (including Servers, Laptops and Desktops). Previously we were manually connecting to each system to perform these tasks and since using PDQ Deploy we have benefited for much quicker roll outs of new software or updates to existing versions, less downtime and the ability to perform the tasks inside work hours.

Pros

The software is really easy to use but complex in the feature set that it offers, this ensures that all team members in the IT department can easily use it to perform installs that would otherwise have required deep understanding of Powershell.

Cons

There is nothing to not like about PDQ Deploy, it should be the industry standard for deployments.

RV

Raphael V.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Absolute life-saver if you're an admin

Deploying software, copying files, changing Windows settings, rebooting, those are all things I accomplish with PDQ that I would have to do one by one on each PC otherwise.

Pros

PDQ can do literally anything you can think of on Windows PCs you manage. Installing, copying files, executing Powershell, etc. I mean if you can execute Powershell remotely what is there you cannot do?

Cons

Honestly can't really think of anything I don't like about this software. It even has dark mode for ultimate eye comfort, so I cannot complain.

JP

Joshua P.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Great for PC Asset Management

We cycle out our computers every 4 years. PDQ is great for seeing what software needs added to their new machine. Being able to see the current OS and uptime, laptop make and model, and serial number all on the main view, we can eliminate some trouble shooting steps while on the phone with a user. The customer queries are very helpful. In just a glance I can see how many people have a specific software, so I'm able to adjust license counts to match.

Pros

The ability to make whatever customer queries you need. You can setup multiple queries based on department that machines are in, software that is used, and even based on how much free space is available on the device.

Cons

It is great for seeing what software is installed on a machine, and you can even uninstall programs directly through PDQ, but you cannot search for updates for software. We still utilize Ninite for software deployment and updates. If they added it to PDQ, it would be a great time saver.

ZC

Zach C.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

A Must Have

Very good, pairing it with PDQ inventory is a must have. The ability to use the catalog features while also being able to use more complex application deployments makes admin life easier.

Pros

Very easy deployment process. Setting up automatic updates via the catalog and heartbeat feature.

Cons

More additions to the Catalog for automatic updates for a wider range of applications.