PingPlotter Logo

PingPlotter

Graphical traceroute solution for total network visibility

PingPlotter Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

See full reviews by rating

I found ease of use, pleasant and friendly interface and performance using Pingplotter and I was pleased.
PingPlotter is a powerful tools to check networks, bandwidth, latency and other stuff. It's the best choice on the market considering its features and its price.
This went far beyond help. Even if another product delivered similar results, the quality of customer service is tops.
Not being an expert, it would be difficult for me to criticize the program. It did what it needed to do; resolve my problem.
Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem.
Hard to know what about this program finds what my issue is about.

Paul W.

Owner

Sporting Goods, self-employed

PingPlotter to the Rescue!

Transcript

Paul: Hi, I'm Paul. I'm the director of institutional research, and I give PingPlotter a five out of...

TS

Tyler S.

PingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt.

Pros

PingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt. I've been a longtime user, and it is perfect for visually showing customers and vendors an issue. Extremely simple to understand if you are a 'normal' user with no IT background, and extremely useful if you have a deep understanding of networking and routing.

Cons

Everything about the software itself is very nice. No complaints there. I wish the free version allowed for some bit of history more than the past 5 minutes.

RB

Robert B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Tool!!

Good experience with pingplotter - no complaints.

Pros

This is a great tool and a must have for all IT staff who perform support for networks. Without a product like this to use for troubleshooting, it gets to be very difficult to nail down issues. I recommend this product again as a great tool.

Cons

The trial length is a little too short for my likling as it does not allow for the product to really be tested in a real environment.

GL

Guy L.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

I used PingPlotter to diagnose the network problems I have been having with Spectrum/TWC

I was able to document the local node problems and the internet problems that I have been having with Spectrum/TWC. I had severe packet loss which they fixed on the local node and other problems which I traced to their headend node. Still resolving their inability to deliver the 100Mbps to my home office.

Pros

This package is exceptional for documenting packet loss/ping times and tracking down where the problems are with a large network such as Spectrum. It is easy to get up and running.

Cons

The learning curve to utilize its full power and documentation of where problems are is a bit long but keep in mind that solving multiple nodes and local node problems is a challenge. I have held a Commercial FCC GROL license for 40 years and worked with networking problems much of that time. I found that PingPlotter is an exceptional tool and quite intuitive to use.

KM

Karen M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Ping plotter review

We have had a major problem with our NBN provider not believing us that it was their faulty product and not a result of our software/hardware having an intermittent fault, causing our phone lines to go down every 20 mins, it has helped prove without doubt that they have a fault.

Pros

Very simple to use . I have a basic understanding of what the software should do and I have no problems with the functionality of it.

Cons

I didn't have any negative comments regarding this software.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity!

The reason I used PingPlotter was to provide evidence that there may be an issue with a data center at work. This program is easy to use and the answers to my questions were a click away in their knowledge base or videos on YouTube. Configuring PingPlotter, running, and saving the results were easy. I also love the fact that you can have multiple reports running for research and comparison.

Pros

The graphical interface is great and easy to use.

Cons

There was not anything I did not like. No complaints!

DB

Dietrich B.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Use pingplotter to check the quality of WAN links

We have small customers and our job is mostly to setup and maintain die Computer and Networks. We come often to the point where we have to proof the quality of a WAN link for VOIP. Pingplotter seems to be a product that fits for this purposes.aside former problem to learn how to use it. We..as a small company..can not make to money form our customers to pay every month for the use of the product. A version that we can buy and find out the quality of am WAN connection for VOIP would be great. May be you can help us to find it and come back on our email

Pros

Pingplotter is easy to use. The first steps are very simple and mostly self explaining. I have used it to check the quality of different WAN links.

Cons

When I tried to go deeper and find more details about the results of the pinigs on the WAN link I had difficulties to find out what I can find and how to find it. I never found how to have a closer look to the jitter.

JB

Jonathan B.

Entertainment, self-employed

Super helpful for getting Cox to take my issue seriously

I've been having an extremely bizarre ping issue ever since signing up with Cox. The technicians hardly would have believed me if I didn't use PingPlotter to show them that the issue was happening as we spoke.

Pros

Does an excellent job of staying on in the background for weeks, with an easy to manipulate graph that can show patterns across multiple devices.

Cons

Any issues are probably me not knowing what certain features do

DA

Daryll A.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

A Detailed Overview of Your Internet Status

I've found out that my ISP had been throttling my upload speed/causing latency on my network randomly an average of six to eight hours a day.

Pros

Provides a real-time graphical feedback for things like jitter and latency, which means you can see how well (or how badly) your ISP is treating you.

Cons

Occasionally the tracking stops, either due to a hotkey pressed or just for some reason the site I'm tracing just stops tracking.

CA

Chad A.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Solid Product for Even Novice Troubleshooters

Pros

Tutorials are very informative and thorough...complete with illustrations which, when coupled with the sleek graphical interface, walk you through operating the product and understanding the results.

Cons

Cost is a bit high, but other than that, I would say they are a little vague on the significance of selecting the appropriate targets and quantity thereof for the task at hand.

KG

Kay G.

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trial for technical issues

My internet keeps dropping out or is slow but when my service provider tests they say it is ok. I have just switched to NBN and it should be better but I get the circle of death more often now than I did with my ADSL2 line. The service provider suggested I use this software to see if we can really find out what is happening with my service but as I have to monitor often during the day and I only have very few days I can do this my trial expired before I really had a chance to monitor properly. I am hoping this will show what is really going on.

Pros

I have only managed to use this a couple of times but it seems easy to use and I am hoping it will solve my internet issues with my Service Provider. They are the ones who sent me this link to try but I need longer and to test it more often to see if we can get to the real issue.

Cons

I am not really sure what everything means.

PH

Petra H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Clean, real-time review.

Pros

We got this software to trace issues between our hosting service and the office. The way the average over time data was represented, next to the moment-by-moment data, really helped explain exactly where and when the issues were happening.

Cons

So far, having to explain to people what the different statistics mean.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Must have networking tool

I'm using PingPlotter on a Mac very often, it helps to spot where networking issue are on the entire path from source to destination. Very easy and visual

Pros

Easy to use and spot network error in minutes !

Cons

The free version is too limited, you will switch to paid version very quickly

JT

Joseph T.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent Product

We are currently using Ping Plotter to troubleshoot a very critical customer issue. I am currently in communication with my management to purchase a few licenses. If possible is there a way I can download and use another copy of the trial?

Pros

I like the ease of use and ability to ping multiple end devices.

Cons

The short review time of the trial version of the software.

Yasaru D.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Highly recommend for Network Admins

Pros

Ping and tracing to the destination and we can see packet losses in each ip in path of trace.

Cons

Drafts and report generating should be improved

GP

Gowri Pandian S.

Computer Networking, self-employed

Pingplotter - A great tool to to visualize datagram transfer

Pros

Ping plotter is a great tool for the students as it shows the packet transfer. It also gives the flexibility to change the packet size from the default size of 56 bytes to any desired size. This let's us learn the concept of fragmentation. The pro version of ping plotter also has an option to show the routers that the datagrams pass through during a traceroute while a naive windows tracert utility shows only two router between the source and target destination

Cons

This is a very good tool however the user interface could have been much better by adding usage tips. This will be very much useful for the newbies of ping plotter

Erick Christian R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

PingPlotter my best companion in Home Office

I'm able a graphical view of connection on my servers.

Pros

The function that I like the most is the hability to see all my servers on a simple sight. I can see when a Server is getting connection problems or delays.

Cons

I don't like that the trial were only 14 days.

WS

William S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Helpful to diagnose speed

I signed up for high speed internet. I was supposed to get 300 Mbps but was only getting 85 to 100. Every time the internet company ran their diagnoses they said that everything was fine from their end. I had our company tech support person spend over 3 hours on the phone with the provider but they were unable to solve the problem. They finally suggested Ping Plotter so they could do an analysis. I ran Ping Plotter for over 48 hours and then sent them the link and they could see exactly where the slow down happened. I have to run it a second time now with a direct connection instead of through the wireless router to insure that the brand new router is not the probelm.

Pros

Ping Plotter helped the internet provider diagnose what was wrong with my speed.

Cons

The cost is prohibitive for a one time diagnosis.

JK

Jeff K.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Excellent Tool

Pros

I have used this tool since around 2002. It has always been solid and gives an excellent graph of the data collected.

Cons

None that I have encountered.

Kevin K.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent product. It was very helpful in allowing us to determine source of problem

Pros

It allowed us to identify the source of packet loss and what we needed to do to resolve an issue with phone calls dropping in and out on our VOIP system.

Cons

None. I did not experience any problems with using this software. The review is causing more frustration than using the product.

sy

soojong y.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

easy to see the specipic IP address range speed and status with one picture

This is very easy to use and show status on the screen with tangible picture.

Pros

This tool is helping to check certain range of IP addresses status with one picture directly.

Cons

If possible, show to the customer on the screen which packet made a issue^^

OR

Oliver R.

Used other for 6-12 months

Great for tracing down internet issues and using as evidence to ISP

Tracking down and reporting issues to my ISP

Pros

It is really easy to use, the UI / UX is neat and intuitive and I can quickly and easy diagnose issues with my internet. My primary use case is to look for internet related issues if I am experiencing issues gaming and using the data when communicating the issues to my ISP.

Cons

I really wish there was a buy once option and not only subscriptions. It is used to infrequently to warrant spending a monthly installment for the odd occasion

IT

Ian T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

A fantastic tool to get your internet fixed

Pros

Easy to use interface Quick setup Does exactly what it's designed to do Finally got my ISP to start delving in and fix the underlying issues

Cons

I can't think of any negatives with this software. It was quick and easy to use.

mark w.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very powerful troubleshooting and monitoring tool, useful for routes to different IP's

Being able to monitor multiple hosts at the same time for reachability during a complex routing change is invaluable

Pros

The thing I like most is the ability look back over a period of time to look at any routing changes that might have occurred overnight or over the weekend

Cons

I think it would be good to have a multiple logins available with a customer view from a web page so that you could customise ping plotter for different customers for devices they would like to check the status of

JJ

Joty J.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Solve RDS connection

Very great experience to solve the issue in RDS between Denmark and Malaysia.

Pros

Live result for the connection and easy to access.

Cons

As a user really get good experience to solve the connection issue.

NL

Nic L.

Great software, love, love love it.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, works wonderfully. Cheap for what it does. Allowed to install on multiple devices if needed (for the same user).

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software other than it's hard to use when people block ICMP on their networks.