pVerify Logo

Patient eligibility verification for healthcare providers.

pVerify Reviews

Suggested alternatives

nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
service-center-clearinghouse
athenaclinicals

PVerify is very responsive and customer focused. If you are looking for APIs for Dental Insurance verification I highly recommend them.
Ease of use, very little downtime, great response time on support issues, great API functions, user interface is easy and fast.
It was a horrible set-up process. It took 6 months, and they weren't able to deliver what was promised.
Forced to purchase more eligibility checks than needed. You need to be able to customize for smaller businesses.
Several personnel changes. An overall waste of time and resources.

Eligibility/Discovery partner

Overall our partnership with pVerify has allowed our company to grow and be able to find member's benefits. They have been helpful and responsive when we need help. They do periodic updates that assist.

Pros

I really like the ability to get eligibility within a few minutes for hundreds of children. I also like being able to set up my own rules that I can change. Individual discovery is a game changer. This is so helpful when I have a few members I need to find.

Cons

That certain data fields are all over the place. Being a national organization, it can be hard when I know that field I want to pull but API wise, it is in comments or a random stop.

ML

Madeleine L.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

pVerify is super helpful!

We use pVerify every week and it's such a great resource for anyone looking to verify insurance benefits!

Pros

I liked that, unlike other platforms, we can access all insurance plans across the nation. As a national practice it's hard to find something that does this.

Cons

I do think the platform could be more visually accessible for those with different disabilities. It's very "monotone".

BW

Brittainy W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Pverify is a life saver

I love the batch eligibility feature it has saved us so much time. I also like that you can pull benefits multiple ways at once. e.g., general coverage, vs telehealth, vs mental health outpatient vs mental health as each of those coverage types can sometimes display a different return for what the patient owes.

Pros

During the change healthcare outage we relied heavily on pverify to obtain eligibility.

Cons

Pverify caters to imaging and other healthcare providers more readily and doesn't have all of the nuances set up for behavioral health providers. It would be nice if we could search by individual CPT code to see if it was covered under the policy.

CB

Christopher B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Its the most you can get

better than everything else, but thats not a high standard, and we arent asking much, but its not their problem.

Pros

its the most you can get in a bad industry.

Cons

the limits of its use are the limits of the ability of the industry to provide effective real time data in all scenarios, there needs to be a forced common healthcare insurance verification provided by the government, none of these companies with systems such as pverify work very well. The objective is simple its not space, if it was space the best the entire industry offers is a car ride from city to city. Maybe a flight, definitely not space. I still have employees spending hours and hours on verification, the software is a part of a system where I use 3-5 other systems for verification and still have to use human labor.

NN

Nadja N.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great addition to my practice

My overall experience has been a positive one. It has given me greater control over our revenue.

Pros

It's a simple way to verify patient insurance and help us to collect payments accurately upfront.

Cons

Benefits are not always 100% correct though I know that can't be expected as benefits are complicated sometimes.

SF

Sydney F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Pverify is the perfect solution for anyone in Healthcare who accepts insurance

Pros

Ease of setup, level of customer support, pricing, all reasons I would recommend

Cons

I don't have anything negative to report.

JF

Jennifer F.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Great tool, great support

It's been really good. They have a roadmap that will make them even better.

Pros

The system offers a DME summary to help make configuration easier. Also, the system provides user configurations through the website that are incorporated into the API data.

Cons

I'd like to have to have more configurations and ultimately pricing. They have pricing but it doesn't incorporate renewal dates (for rentals) and secondary insurance.

RL

Ron L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

We like pVerify and intend to expand its use

pVerify was quick to setup, it's easy for my employees to use, and the pricepoint is fair.

Pros

We like the bulk upload feature and will soon launch API integration.

Cons

The manual check process resets every time you run a check. It would be nice to have default settings.

LN

Lakshmana N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Only reviewed pVerify briefly for electronic eligibility

Good and I do not have any complaints. It just did not work for me since I do not have proper support from NextGen support team back then. We stopped using NextGen as well since the contractor gave several problems and NextGen directly does not want to provide any help to get rid of the contractor as well.

Pros

This was reviewed long back. Before 2014, I believe. Wanted to integration with then practice management system Raintree and then NextGen instead of file based transfer between the practice management system(s) to and back from pVerify for eligibility. Back then pVerify does not have billing features which I notice your questions talk about.

Cons

Did not have access to the the api of nextgen at the time I reviewed pVerify for integration and so the whole idea of using pVerify was dropped.

PB

Pamela B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Insurance Eligibility

Product is great. It would be great for the explanation of deductible applies when patient has deductible and copay. We use the urgent care setting, but it does not always give that the deductible applies to this service. It will have doesn't or does apply to OOP, but not patients' percentage, copay and if individual deductible applies to this facility.

Pros

Very few technical issues, easy to use. Technical support. Has other features that we are looking into suck as cost estimator.

Cons

Can not check eligibility of BCBS on Sundays and some Saturdays.

PM

Priscilla M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

The experience has been good so far. Not complaints besides the follow-up

Pros

Intergration with our API was great and our agents use pverify for all of our eligibility. Whenever I place a ticket they are quick to respond

Cons

Whenever I put a ticket in and ask for a callback to let me know the issues has been resolved. I have not gotten phone callback nor an email update with my ticket. If I do get an email its well after the issue has been resolved.. I'm director of billing but also assist with operations so I'm constantly running around. A phonecall would be nice

LB

Laura B.

The Best Verification Systems I have encountered

Well 1st of all I have the BEST Client Support Representative. She actually listens, provides feedback and understands our needs. We have requested additional products and the pVerify Team has actually built them to help achieve our goals. Now let's talk about the system - We have been on pVerify for almost 2 years and have never had an issue with the system going down, sometimes there are payer websites that go down but that is out of pVerify's control.

Pros

pVerify has options to upload a batch or process individual verifications. They have also added many additional components to their system which are very useful and dependable.

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any Cons because pVerify has been amazing

ms

megan s.

Makes my job easier

Pros

I love that I have access to hundreds of insurance plans at the tips of my fingers. I work in a patient facing office position and I love that I can quickly access their insurance benefits to help them with their needs in an efficient manor on one site.

Cons

Nothing really. It was a little bit of a learning curve at first to decipher the daily reports for upcoming appointments, but once we figured it out it has been smooth sailing.

ph

pat h.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

need better pricing options

Pros

User management is easy. Setting up bulk users is easy to accomplish. You can also set up individual users right from the interface. The web site is uncomplicated but a white label option would be nice. Too many of our customers are confused by who pverify is.

DM

David M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Makes insurance verification so much easier

Excellent. From onboarding to ongoing insurance verifying and support, everything has run smoothly. The company is proactive with communication as well.

Pros

Insurance verification much more streamlined, with good value for cost.

Cons

It doesn't verify vision plans, but this is not a major issue.

CL

Cassandra L.

Pverify office review

Pros

The company uses Pverify daily and the verification system has been seamless. The system is user friendly. If there is ever an issue, the customer service is fast and friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the specialist copays are not listed in the information provided.

JK

Jon K.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Discovery Support

Very satisfied, good support, ease of use

Pros

Per use charge No contracts Easy to use Good support

Cons

There is nothing to complain about the purpose we access the software.

JG

Jackie G.

Time Saving Verifications

Pros

This is such a powerful timesaving tool. It takes only a few seconds to pull selected information needed in order to perform benefit verifications specific to the industry I am in.

Cons

There are still a few insurance providers that are not accessible on pVerify and we still have to use other methods to verify those plans.

DB

Donna B.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

From an insurance verification perspective

It's okay. I typically use other websites first, and go to Pverify if I need to clarify information or get additional information.

Pros

Multiple insurance companies in one place

Cons

Too many pages to scroll through to get the necessary information, would like to be able to enter a specific service and get just that information. It times out too quickly.

JS

Jeremy S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Awesome team. Super friendly.

Pros

Very responsive. Always looking to fit to your needs and improve your business.

Cons

No cons! Love working with them. Great team.

MD

Merissa D.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Insurance Verificiation

Pros

I like the fast response time for insurance verification.

Cons

The system goes down and we are unable to verify insurance

cg

cynthia g.

great service

Pros

user friendly easy to use no issues login in.

Cons

no problems at all i like everything about it

SS

Stephen S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Pros

Very simple UI and easy to use. I can train my employees on it once and they’re good to go.

Cons

The search is not as intuitive as I think could be possible with this type of technology.

AW

ALYCEN W.

Works great

Pros

Batching eligiblity, ease of entering new providers

Cons

Payer Downtime and still needing logins for specific payers.

SS

Syed S.

Executive Office, 11-50 employees

Pverify Review

Im happy but would like more features in pverify.

Pros

Simplicity of pverify is what keeps us from using it.

Cons

no secondary insurance verification has affected our company.