All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Runecast Analyzer Reviews

Love It!

Visibility into my environment and a better way of troubleshooting

Pros

It found issues I never knew I had. I also was able to quickly see the results of the logs without having to upload a file to VMware and wait for a tech to get back to me

Cons

It found issues I never knew I had... Which means I actually had things to look into and fix. Some issues could be ignored but at least I knew they were there now!

Thank you for loving Runecast, Mike! We love your feedback!

Runecast has allowed me to quickly identify best practices for my VMware infrastructure.

Pros

I can see directly what VMware KBs that the hosts in my environment are affected and what steps to take for remediation. Also what best practices I should adhere to can be quickly gleaned from the Runecast console.

Cons

The integration of Runecast with vCenter as a plug-in needs work. For my environment it caused crashes of the vCenter flash website many times. I finally had to remove the integration.

Thanks for the great review, Swetal! And sorry to hear you had troubles with the vCenter Web Client plug-in. We emailed you privately to make sure this issue is resolved.

Very easy to implement and have useful information to optimized and secure a VMware environment

Saves hours of research in the VMware database, help to check compliancy.

Pros

Easy to install and configure, I have fast result with it. Whatever your environment size, admin will save hours or maybe days with this tool rather than looking for a needle in the VMware KB.

Cons

Unfortunately it's only for a VMware environment, nothing for Hyper-V or Xen. When implementations allow it, it would be interesting to have a way to apply the correction easily instead of follow the VMware KB

Thank you for the kind feedback!

The tool we always wanted from VMware

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to Setup and install, always kept up to date (KBs) and very efficient to identify issues within your virtual infrastructure.

Cons

I have too little experience in using the solution, because I only used a free trial version of Runecast.

Thanks for the kind feedback, Nicolas!

The software reduces the time needed to follow KBs to minimum.

Pros

The software reduces the time needed to follow KBs to minimum filtering out irrelevant KBs to your VMware cloud....

Cons

It would be nice if it would monitor driver / firmware changes, KBs, matrix of compatibility for hardware.

Thanks for the kind review, Vedran! Historical changes report is on the immediate roadmap. Stay tuned!

Simply to install and use. Great features

Pros

Wide functionality with vSphere, NSX and vSAN. Easy to implement and use for me and my customers. Great number of articles in Internet

Cons

features like vCloud Director are important in my customers. We need this feature to monitoring vCD Machines

Fantastic

Pros

The ability to identify potential issues that could cause a major outage for the business, coupled with access to the automated compliance reports are the main benefits Runecast Analyzer delivers. The most critical issues Runecast Analyzer has identified so far are: - ESXi Iost connectivity issues or PSOD - Vulnerability issues in vCenter - ESXi host fails with purple diagnostic screen (2148927) - Security compliance alerts

Cons

I currently can't see any cons with Runecast. it was extremely easy to deploy and running reports is easy.

Thanks, Daniel, for a fantastic review!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.