Skyvia Logo

Skyvia

Cloud platform for data integration, backup & management

Skyvia Reviews - Page 2

A simple tool through the browser which enabled me to connect to SQL database in Azure

Pros

I was able to connect to Azure SQL database, and saved the connection details for future uses. I didn't have to login to Azure and in order to use Microsoft tool.

Cons

There are no wizards and graphic interfaces like in SSMS and in VS, but I didn't expect them to do it. In the equivalent solution which Microsoft began to supply lately (written in May 2017) it neither exist.

Very Useful tool if you know how to use it.

Pros

This application can import virtually anything and export it into another application. I've used it to solve some major issues but didn't have the time to really see what this can do.

Cons

This is a powerful tool that is sometimes very hard to troubleshoot. I hope that i can learn more in the future.

Data export has never been easier for our company

Due to our security policy we need to archive historical data and store it internally. Using Skyvia we can export data as CSV and load it to SFTP on a regular basis.

Pros

Simple, fast to set up, user-friendly service interface.

Cons

Export process was too slow but I think it because of the huge amount of data.

Great backup tool for Hubspot CRM

Pros

Automated daily backup without any problem

Cons

The interface could be more user friendly

So far we are very happy using Skyvia

Pros

Most important for us is the support of different connectors, including cloud apps and relational databases.

Cons

I believe Skyvia service should increase the functionality to allow different invoice addresses, etc.

Great experience

Tremendous experience, affordable and great.

Pros

Was great for our business process of getting invoices into Salesforce from Quickbooks

Cons

Nothing to complain about, can't think of anything.

Easy way to collect all data with Skyvia

Using Skyvia I could replicate data from our corporate CRM system, marketing and billing software to further anaysis.

Pros

The tool helped me to aggregate all company data from different sources. Now I have an opportunity to create dashboards based on unified data.

Cons

It was a little bit hard to set up for me as a non-technical specialist, but in general I think there are no cons.

Lots of integration options! Skyvia is very powerful and flexible.

Pros

I was surprised by the number of integration options available. We actually ended up using Skyvia for more projects than we originally planned to.

Cons

The documentation could be a bit better and it would be helpful if there were some example tutorial videos. Once you figure things out though you have a very powerful tool.

This reviewer only left a rating

This reviewer only left a rating

Skyvia is a Wonderful Data Mgmt. Alternative for SFDC Users

Skyvia is fabulous a fabulous tool to manage your production SFDC data tasks that allows you more freedom than it's alternatives to choose what you want to do with your data, how much of it you need to work with, and what it actually does to your data via tasks. It's an SFDC admin's best friend in my experience and I've recommended it to all of my fellow admins.

Pros

I love how simple it is to get connected to your SFDC instance and how intuitive it is from there create and run data mgmt. tasks. From the straight-forward mapping, the options of grabbing your data source, and the ability to save and re-use custom data tasks, Skyvia is my go to data mgmt. alternative.

Cons

If you're not familiar with how to setup a new task, it can be a little tricky to get it right your first time. But aside from that, no other cons at all that I can think of!

Easy backup solution for Salesforce

We use Skyvia for automated daily backups of our Salesforce CRM instance. It does that well, the user interface is clean and simple, and their customer support is good.

Pros

Skyvia makes automatic cloud backups easy, at an affordable rate for a small company.

Cons

Restoring data from a Skyvia backup could be a little more simple.

Great Potential Horrendus Customer Support

It's cool but frustrating especially with poor customer support.

Pros

Intuitive, and does what we need it to do.

Cons

The worst customer support. If you have an issue it will usually won't be addressed with an email for at least 24 hours. When you get a response it will most likely be a cut and paste from from their online documentation and very stingy on elaborating on how to really resolve an issue and trying to help.

Hello Baruch, We are terribly sorry that you have faced such an issue. Could you please provide us with the email you used to contact our Support Team so that we could investigate it?

Simple + Amazing = Simply Amazing!

Amazing

Pros

We loved the simplicity. The ease of use. The access into SaaS integrations was implemented better than SkyVia Competitors..

Cons

There is little to complain about. The software was great. The only thing I would suggest is bundle pricing.

Robust cloud backup solution

The aim of using Skyvia Backup was a requirement to keep data safe in the cloud. We use Salesfroce CRM system to manage customer's contacts. So, we needed to be confident that important data cannot be deleted by a particular user or even so, we wanted to have an ability to restore it. Thus, Skyvia Backup helped us to easily copy data into Azure storage from SF account without additional software installation. As we didn't want to backup all data we just filtered fields and chose required objects, it was easy. Every step is clear and all our questions were answered by customer support\documentation. Overall, Skyvia Backup met all our requirements

Pros

The most valuable point for me when choosing Skyvia Backup it's simplicity in use. Backup creation and restore operations take only a few clicks and UI is intuitive. As data is stored in the cloud, I can get access to them at any time only having an Internet connection. Also, I'm confident that all my transferred data is protected as Skyvia keeps backed up data in secure Azure GRS storage in an encrypted form.

Cons

I think there is only one gap in functionality. Skyvia Backup doesn't provide an opportunity to back up metadata but I hope this feature will be added soon.

Low-cost C2C tool used for Jira Cloud

Support helped us BEFORE we bought product! Great support experience.

Pros

Very simple tool that automatically backs up both Jira data and Jira setup, to the Cloud. A great find!

Cons

Does not backup documents that are attached to issues in Jira database.

Good experience

Pros

In terms of feedback, I would like to say the Skyvia product is very well thought out and I like it a lot. Also, your web content is well written, it has enough technical detail and you don’t have to be a programmer to understand it. Kudos to whoever has developed the material.

Cons

Skyvia is still working on adding new connectors. I'm looking forward to seeing more of my systems in their list of connectors in the future.

Skyvia helped me with Salesforce sync to SQL database

We were going from Salesforce to an existing SQL database. We handled all of our day to day in Salesforce except for commissions, which we calculated and paid from the SQL database. What we needed the sync function to do is to keep both systems up to date so that the records are in sync. Skyvia helped us with no need to write a code.

Pros

Sync data up-to-date, flexible price and an opportunity to start with a free plan.

Cons

The support is great but the speed could be faster. I assume it is because of different time zones.

High-level secure

Pros

I’ve evaluated different ETL tools - most don't allow us to enter the vendor's provided SSH Private key,but skyvia supports this. Other tools such as Blendo, Stitch Data and Hevo require a fixed Private Key which the vendor will not support.

Cons

One thing that I dislike right now, is that Xero is not supported yet, but it's ok for now.

Great tool for a number of reasons

Pros

We use Skyvia for importing data into our medical claims database with Salesforce. The scheduled importing via ftp is very useful for us and the ability to be flexible and customize the imports that we do has been a huge boost to our company. It has allowed us to be much more efficient.

Cons

It would be helpful if there were better documentation. Or training videos available.

Great tool

Pros

The price! Also being able to populate fields across many objects at the same time and then load the changes. That's great in comparison to a tool like Data Loader for example where you cannot load to multiple objects.

Cons

Because we use Salesforce with Causeview a transaction has 3-4 objects (Transaction, Allocation, Payment and Soft Credit). We sometimes have difficulty uploading the payments and allocations when linked together. So for each load we need an additional step for linking those 2 objects together. As Skyvia populates the fields of different objects at the same time, and sometimes this produces errors.

I have been very impressed with the products I have used

Pros

It is easy. For someone who does not have an extensive background in this area, I was able to dive in and get started pretty quickly....without having to slow down to learn MySQL queries, etc. With all of the tools, out-of-the-box integrations and generally pretty clear documentation I found connecting our systems with Skyvia to be a good experience.

Cons

When an integration runs, It would be great if there were options for sending/receiving the results...at the very least, receiving an email with the csvs for any failures attached. I am told that this is already on the roadmap.

Simple and secure backup

I use Skyvia for backing up data on a daily basis. If necessary, data can be restored just in several clicks. The only feature I'd like to add is the incremental updates, in this case I won't need to buy Professional plan.

Pros

Skyvia Backup is easy to manage. I like that it is hosted in a secure Azure GRS storage, so I don’t need to worry about data security. The end-user data is always safe.

Cons

The price depends on the amount of data you would like to store, so you need to regularly monitor your current status of the storage.

User-friendly and easy to understand environment

Pros

Good. I've been passively using Skyvia since your early days. The product improved a lot and I hope Skyvia will be able to be better than Dell Boomi one day. The product is much simpler for people with a non-tech background.

Cons

While using Google Drive to pick-up a CSV file, if the CSV file is deleted from the folder and a new file with the same name is uploaded to the same folder, the process on Skyvia needs to be updated as a file becomes missing from Import Task -> Source Definition.

Excellent tool, very easy to implement, configure and use. It is powerful and reliable

automation of reports and data synchronization processes

Pros

Excellent tool, very easy to implement, configure and use, It is powerful when processing large volumes of data, task scheduling is reliable. The support is very good

Cons

No alerts when processing fails, would be a good alert improvement via email when a scheduled task fails