SoapUI Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.61/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall, it is a nice tool to test web services, specially if you work with both SOAP e RESTful services and want to concentrate your tests in a single tool.
It is the best tool on the market for testing SOAP connections. It has advanced options that allow a wide range of complex tests.
You have to be careful if you have two sessions open at the same time. If you give the wrong answers when closing out both sessions, you may loose some changes you just made to a SoapUI project.
Sometimes it took too much time to load the heavy data file and also crashes sometime. Because of which all the data can be lost.
When you are new to SOAPUI its been difficult to understand the tool in one go.

SoapUI users...

Postman-logocaret
listing-logo
+ 1

Postman

How would you rate SoapUI?

Useful for testing different kinds of endpoints

As a QA Engineer "Soap-UI" is my day maker. It's very easy to test API's with this product.

It helps to complete my day to day testing tasks with more efficiently. It saves my time.

Pros

01 . Any type of users (Beginners or Experts for API testing) can easily adopt to the user-interface and testing process by using "soap-UI" for couple of hours. And now i'm expert at this software. 02. By defining variables, you can customize parameter values without hard coding the values in whole test-case. 03. You can also use external data sheets to retrieve data to your executions. 04. ...

Cons

01. Some times it's little bit slow when you work with large test cases. 02. When generating test results, soap ui open source doesn't give you much options comparing to pro version. 03. you need to know about "Groovy Scripts" If you want to create automated test plans in SoapUI open source version. 04. Subscription plan prices are bit high if you planned to go through Pro versions. Other than that there are no any cons to mention about this product.

One of the best tool for API request

Overall I have very good experience with SOAPUI. No least things to comment.

Pros

I have used SoapUi for more than 5 years and its been highly useful interms of running jobs, API requests and creating our own automated script runner for SOAP requests

Cons

I dont have any least things to say about this software as I used it on daily basis to regularly check request/response with the backend system

Excelent tool for development / testing SOAP and REST apis.

It was the first API testing tool I used, like 10 years ago and I am still using SoapUI for a bunch of API testing project, even Soap and Rest.

Pros

Simplicity and easy-to-use. It is very easy to set up a Soap/Rest project and start working with those APIs. I use SoapUI mostly for testing purpose, it is possible to generate differents request for the same end-point and test different combination of data.

Cons

The community edition contains some known bugs related to the UI Editor. Sometimes the software crashes and user needs to reset it.

Review of SoapUI from Smartbear

SoapUI does the majority of what we need fine. We like that it loads sample requests from the service you attach to it, it is useful for cases like ours where you are not provided documentation on the request format. However, our biggest issue came from this feature being unable to be used for any large service, which unfortunately for us means we cannot load requests for several of our more important services.

Pros

We use an antiquated / custom Soap service which we found was unable to be read by some other SOAP parsers. This software was the only one we found that was able to do the job.

Cons

I believe the program was written in Java and has a huge fault when we use it. One of our SOAP services has 100+ endpoints, so much so that SoapUI can't handle loading sample requests for the entire endpoint and will freeze the computer. We have never been able to find a workaround for this. It works fine for our smaller services but once the services get big with large requests, it will crash 1/4 or 1/3 of the way through its loading.

API Testing made easy

I have been using it to test APIs between two or more different systems. It is free to use tool which has been leveraged by our project and has been helping us to automate API tests. It helps with debugging of the APIs since it supports REST and SOAP troubleshooting. Additional plug in support and integration with GIT and Jenkins helps with CICD pipeline. Execution on multiple environments such as on datasource layer, integration layer and end to end layer has never been made so easy. One of the best open source API tool.

Pros

- Support calls to RESTful APIs - Easy script assertions and easy to debug web services and locate errors - Easy to use and implement, very user friendly interface - Additional Plugins available, Docker Support. - Integration with JENKINS and GIT. - OpenSource, free to use

Cons

- Performance issues, sometimes it is difficult to find if a request was sent. - Compiling errors before running should be inbuild for groovy scripting - Documentation needs to be improved. - Requires knowledge of groovy scripts in order to use it

SoapUI: A swiss Army Knife for Automation testing with an user friendly platform.

We have integrated the SoapUI with our project to achieve continuous delivery of the project. The security test feature is really helpful in checking the SQL injection and malicious code attachment with just few clicks. SoapUI is helping us to deploy the code to cloud with help of containers, as all this possible because of the robust integration of SoapUI with the other third part tools like Bamboo.

Pros

SoapUI is a swiss army knife for automation testing with user friendly user interface as it provides the wide range of testing features in a single pack. API functional testing allows us to add the test form which also scrutinize the third party API for vulnerability. While creating the test form we can also add and integrate it with the mock data to check the result for bulk raw or real data. Groovy code templates allow us to add the macros. The real time statistics show the detail view for running test. SoapUI by SMARTBEAR support is really impressive as you can get the help from experts when we are stuck some area in it.

Cons

MockResponse module should be more enhanced and simplified. Script libraries should be also in Open-Source version. Fuzzing Scan module for testing vulnerability is complex as a beginner. Learning curves are sharp but the proper documentation by SoapUI is covering it.

Automate API Testing

Overall we are satisfied with the Performance of SOAP UI tool and looking forward to start performance testing of API's.

Pros

Using SOAP UI tool for Rest & SOAP API testing. Also extensively using for mocking of services & automated testing of API's.

Cons

Integration with other tools and number of development languages are quite limited. Sometimes tool crashed on its own and need to install it again.

Pioneer in API testing and still one of best options

We use SoapUI for web service/ soap calls. Here TestSuites and script based tests come very handy. The soapUI project used to be part of our project deliverables. Lately we use Postman more and more, since Rest is becoming a standard for APIs.

Pros

The support fir for web service/ soap calls is great. Creating script based tests is simple and come very handy. I also like that SoapUI provides you with default request when you import wsdl which speeds up testing.

Cons

The support for rest/json is not so great. The UI could be more user friendly.

Soap UI - Good tool for web service, api testing

Overall good tool for Web service and API testing.

Pros

1. Best way to test web services, API's with good options.

Cons

1. Improvement in UI will make it more user friendly.

Great software to test SOAP web services

Great experience

Pros

Easy to install and it works amazing for SOAP web services. I use it to test my integrations developed in XML so I highly recommend it to use it in case someone builds soap webservices.

Cons

I find it difficult to use for REST API calls

SOAPUI -Single Tool for all your API Testing (Manual as well automated Testing)

When i started learning the tool , in beginning i faced difficult in understanding the tool and its features as the UI is bit complex to understand and make it user friendly in few sessions. Also it has free and paid version , and in paid version you can find many good features for reporting as well. In paid version you get various types of support from the vendor also you can try for trial of pro version. Once i got used to the tool it was good experience to perform API testing on it . It had wide range of features be it logging , reporting , passing parameters , authentication, assertions to test your test cases and many more .

Pros

The tool is good and very helpful if you want to perform end to end API testing of your application. It supports both REST as well as SOAP protocol while creating a project which is under test. The pro version of SOAPUI contains many useful features which you can use them easily. We can import the properties from various different sources while performing API testing. Also we can pass parameters and inputs from one step to another which is very required while performing integrated API testing between different features of the applications. Also you can save the projects for your future uses.

Cons

when you are new to SOAPUI its been difficult to understand the tool in one go .it takes some time to understand and make the tool user friendly.

Perfect little package to get a lot done!

Overall I recommend SOAP UI to just about everyone when in the context of this type of testing. Seven out of ten times the other person is already aware of the software or has used it in the past. It is truly one of the better-made software, and even though I know a great deal of how to use its features, I know that there is still a lot I don't even know about packed away within the menus. I look forward to mastering this piece of software soon.

Pros

Once you understand how to execute a Soap service through the user-friendly UI, it is perfect for running through an extensive suite of tests and validations. With on-the-fly edits that you can make in-between cases, you can ensure that you're meeting full coverage results.

Cons

Sometimes when importing a WSDL, you may only need to pass a request which includes ONLY required fields. I wish SOAP UI would allow you to make a sample request which only consists of the required fields and leaves the optional fields out of the sample. This would make things faster when I need to work through a heavy workload, but it's still not a huge downside, just one of those nice to have features.

Best Testing tool for Web Services

My overall experience using this software is very good as I am highly satisfied with the features that this tool provides while testing any backend application. We can deploy the application in the form of WAR(Web Application archive) format which is mainly used for easy importing of files in tools like JavaEE, JavaSE. We can view the response files in HTML, XML, JSON formats. We can import tools from other softwares like JAX-B, JBoss, Oracle, Apache and implement that working architecture in SoapUI. While testing any backend software, we can define our own properties that the request should contaim while testing. We can customise our own User interface. We can import WSDL, WADL, Swagger. We can create our own workspace to personalise our own test cases and our own projects.

Pros

1) We can send other file attachments along with URL we are sending 2) Can perform load testing to check the performance of the software we are testing under load. 3) Can create REST and SOAP projects. 4) We can save the test cases we use frequently to test the same software application. 5) We can define custom properties while testing an application. 6) We can store the keystore we created. 7) We can import other projects and we can use all the eight HTTP methods for testing. We can provide requests to the software in the form of XML, JSON, text, MIME formats.

Cons

I haven't found any flaws as the working of this tool is smooth and fast.

SoapUI

If you are not a IT or programming specialist still it will be easy enough to operate. User interface is plain simple and useful. Reporting module is quite useful and helps a lot.

Pros

Best tool for asynchronous API testing. Very easy to operate and most importantly maintain logs for any data during test cycle. Easy to segregate between REST and SOAP based APIs. Customization of parameters and values is really easy and on the go.

Cons

Bit slow to setup for new project. Crashing history still exist while execution of project. Cache management is not so good.

My expirience with Soap UI

I really like to create an API Test with Soap UI. I used this tool in every Company and I set Soap UI as the technology stack that is to use in the companies.

Pros

It is very easy to set up an start with API Test. You don't have to huge know-how about this tool to start your first test and this is great. Also, you have an extra view and features in the licenced pro version which is useful for data-driven tests and Tests over the ci/cd pipeline.

Cons

You don't have the outline view in the free version, this is a big con for me. Because this makes the free version for people with more experience instead of people with less. It is okay to put more function in the pro version but this view thing is good to start with Soap UI.

SoapUI to send Soap and REST calls

In general, SoapUI is my preferred tool to use as a client since it supports Soap and REST. It is simple to download and free to use. I work with it on Linux as well as Windows. The fact that it uses both and is simple to use is a winner in my perspective.

Pros

SoapUI is a piece of handy software to send soap and rest messages to backends. It allows you to import a WSDL and it builds the soap message (envelope, header and body) from there. It also supports REST invocations so if you also want to send REST that is possible too. The version i am using is the free version of the software, it has limited capabilities compared to the pro version but for training purposes it is more than enough. Even for simple development you have a tool that will work.

Cons

I find that with two screens (one 4K and one FULL HD) the window tends to show in 4K resolution even when the screen is not on 4K. That is about the annoying thing about the product. I use the software in a limited way, so I have not looked at the feature like testing and so on. It might be that in order to use them, a paid license might be needed. The testing elements do quickly need a license although basic scenarios are supported.

Testing webservices are easy with soapUI

When we develop any webservices it can be easily tested on soapui rather than actually testing it on ui. It makes the complex task easier and reduces the time for testing the services and find errors if any. It also helps in resolving the errors by pinpointing to the issue. We will keep using SoapUI for our service related tests.

Pros

Be it soap or rest services it makes only the messages we need visible to us. The UI is very informative for our calls. We just put our address url and we get access to all our methods. We can define our own test cases and generate files for the response we got. We can add many end points for our service calls. The webservices are easy to debug for any error with soapui. Pfx certificates can be added to services which help us with our authentication needs.

Cons

It has a complex UI for finding all features but it might be necessary to include everything. We sometimes have difficulty to find particular feature and have to go through menus to search for it.

SOAPUI Review

I am pretty happy with SOAP UI tool. I am an integration engineer and this tool makes my life easier.

Pros

It makes both Developers and Tester life easier with Webservice(SOAP and REST) Automation. Really helpful in creating Sanity and Function Test suite for SOAP and REST webservices. Supporting Groovy is added features we can make use of it. We can even have JDBC connection to cross check something in the database. It supports Load testing as well which gives extra added features. It validate the SOAP XML request and response along with some assertion. Overall it is good tool for web service testing.

Cons

We can have some report generation on the test suit results. We can have some configurable email templates , which trigger the test suite results with report.

A must-have tool to test any kind of web services

The testing has been made really easy and quality have been improved manifold. The code coverage has also been increased thus improving overall customer satisfaction.

Pros

The SoapUI tool is the best out there when you need to test a Webservice with ease. The usability and ease of setup make this the best tool out there. It has all the best feature which are practically needed on the ground. One of the major add-on features is it's LoadTest wherein you can easily create a LoadTest from existing test and get an idea of the service performance

Cons

Yes, the UI can be made much better to make it more useful and the load time and start-up time can be reduced manifold because its very heavy and take a lot of time to start-up and makes the system slow.

Quality deserves price

Pros

While UI is not obvious and to start using basic functions it requires some training, training materials are available right at their site. As passed basic training I was able to cover tests for most of major scenarios against our SOAP wb service. I loved assertion types available and ease of running created tests at the Jenkins. I also loved good collaboration features, especially scripts repository available in paid version.

Cons

In order to collaborate on single projects you need to purchase Pro verion for the whole team that is pretty expensive. Also it takes considerable piece of your system resources: worked really slow when a few DOcker containers were spin up at the same host.

SoapUI by SmartBear team is best software for testing interface XML's and API's for your systems.

I have used this software for all interface testing and testing the API's and I can say that this is undoubtly best software for testing API's.

Pros

SoapUI is one of the best software for evaluation of the API's for your systems and the connectivity with the external systems. Using this software you can test the XML requests through the API and note the response received from the external systems. Using this software you can test the WSDL's of your system to check the secure connectivity and secure transfer of records from your system to external system.

Cons

Sometimes it became tricky to configure the software to match the configuration from your systems so it became bit difficult to use the application.

Best tool for testing your web services and make the business to perform their test success in real

Pros

The best part of the tool is its GUI which helps us to test the SOAP and the best point is its open source and freely available. Its functional testing as a part includes the drag and drop and performing complex scenarios. We can also perform security testing load testing at a single glance.We can maintain our tests with a few clicks. Its been used by various enterprise business services companies and are making their business work flow simplier

Cons

There is nothing least about this but this need to be upgraded and come up with few bug fixes sometimes the page gets slow in responding this need to brought and overcome in next editions and versions

Very happy with 'Soap UI'. Best web service testing tool i ever used.

It helped me to achieve my project testing goals in time. No need to test API's one by one anymore. I have wrote test cases for all of my API's. I'm so satisfied with this tool. I just need a one click to execute my test cases.

Pros

This is my favorite web service testing tool (Rest and Soap Web Service). Beautiful and user friendly UI. I can execute test cases as batches. Reporting functions are also good. It's compatible with 'Groovy' language. Data parametrization is also very helpful when testing API's. It comes with major nun-functional testing types such as load testing, performance testing, stress testing, security testing. I have tested successfully more than 150 API's by using 'Soap UI'. Really helpful.

Cons

It's better if they can improve reporting functionalities in 'Soap UI' open-source edition. Nothing else. It's perfect.!

Good to work with WebServices

I use it to many purposes, but the mostly used (here in Brazil) is for "Nota Fiscal" webservices, because every now and then, they change something so you need to debug and see what is happening or how to implement the new or changed tags into your system. Here is when SoapUI becomes handy, it will help you track the response structure and values mor easily. I love it!

Pros

I like it because you learn how to use it very quickly, then you can get very much more productive by using SoapUI to create, test, debug and validate WebServices. You can explore resulting XML payload in a very convenient way, with expansible nodes.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like in SoapUI, really, it is a very good tool. If I have to suggest something to improve, maybe they could improve the connections management. When you use it the first time you can get confused and start creating connections every time you open the tool and try to get response from a previously viewed WebService. I guess it could be simpler by starting with a saved services list then show all the connections you already have for that service.

Best test tools for SOAP APIs.

Pros

Most use fool for SOAP APIs, each requests has separated and manage query string and post data with UI. manage all XML project separately.

Cons

User Interface is very complex, sometime request can't open. First check documentation after implement complex then postman and other API testing-tool