Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk Logo

Server and website monitoring software

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk Reviews - Page 6

David S.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Excellent Resource On A Budget!

The IT Help Desk has certainly saved us time and given us peace of mind as to what devices we have on our network and what they're up to.

Pros

It offered an excellent IT resource for tracking devices and getting a general overview and sense of control regarding the devices on our network/domain. Before we used to store inventory data in an Excel spreadsheet and rely on someone to update that accordingly. Now, thanks to the network scan and server level service running, we can easily stay up to date on what PC needs updates, user changes to the system, and security warnings.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend installing the service on a heavily used machine (a personal one or IT staff PC) because it can hog memory when it's doing it scans. Plus the PC has to be on the network to run the scan so even if you schedule the scan to run overnight if you have a laptop it would be pointless if you take it home with you. Install it on a service terminal or server

MH

Maureen H.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

SpiceWorks IT Help Desk

We had no system before hand to track. We use it to not only track the issue but insure the SLA is being met.

Pros

Quick to set up, free, allows us to track software issues and follow thru to resolution. Users can track their tickets in the system so aren't always asking status of resolution of their issue.

Cons

Not particularly initial user friendly. Users find it easier to send in an email to our help desk rather than entering their own ticket.

KL

Kevin L.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Great Free Helpdesk Software

Highly recommend Spiceworks Helpdesk, great product with my kind of price - FREE!!

Pros

Free is Free, so what can I say, it can also record and create an inventory of all items on your network. Fantastic saving that allows you to move helpdesk budget elsewhere.

Cons

Only downside with free is the ads and also the emails that you get trying to sell you stuff, but as long as you use a spare email address for it. None of this should be an issue.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Awesome Help Desk Solution with an amazing support community

Helped manage the entire cycle of ticketing very smooth. The documentation and support from the community helped us tremendously.

Pros

Has almost every feature a help desk solution should have - beside basic ticketing tracking, has features for tracking inventory. Provides access to great documentation, and solutions to so many technical issues.

Cons

The interface on the admin and client side seem a bit cluttered, little simplification could help.

MR

Marino R.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Spice from a IT perspective

The biggest advantage to me about Spiceworks is that for a small company with not many resources or money to spend on expensive products this is a great way to keep organize.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is that is free, the system is very handy for using to remember task or just keeping a knowledge base for issues you have resolved. It is also very easy to communicate to end users updates on the work that is being done.

Cons

There is not much to not like about a free product like this one, but one suggestion would be for you to be able to change the layout of the tickets.

DC

Dan C.

Computer Software,

Spiceworks Changed How I communicate

Pros

My favorite part of Spiceworks is how user-friendly it is. As an individual with an average knowledge of technology, I have found that Spiceworks makes it easy for me find answers to questions that I have about different software or hardware. Another part of the website that I like is how much of a community it is. After a while, you notice familiar users posting on the various threads. I see the community focus as being a huge asset to Spiceworks since you get to know the people who are repeatedly writing on the site.

Cons

I have been frustrated at my job as an administrative assistant for a technology company when using the helpdesk portion of the software. At times it was slow and would easily freeze up. This could be maddening at times because of how much I needed to work through our tickets to see what work had been completed.

DS

Daly S.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Organization

We have drastically improved our customer service experience for our employees. Our employees are so much happier now that they get faster assistance to some of their concerns. It keeps the staff in our department on their feet knowing that they have a pending ticket open that needs attention.

Pros

I love how it keeps our department organized. We have it set up so that when an employee emails our department with a question/concern, it generates a "ticket" on Spiceworks for us. We've found that it's easier to keep track of than emails. Sometimes emails can get overlooked.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. It's extremely helpful.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Handling Multiple Priorities

Pros

Spiceworks functions as my to-do list, and allows me to reprioritize throughout my day as tickets come in to the system. The reporting is helpful and allows me to identify trends. It's easy to communicate with ticket creators, ask questions, and organize any supporting documentation.

Cons

Currently have an issue with due dates not populating, but this is something the administrator should be able to fix.

RF

Ryan F.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Very user friendly

We have used Spiceworks for years as our main help desk ticketing system and absolutely love it. It is free and easy to use. We can quickly document and assign tickets to various techs that can then document their process efficiently. It is also great for looking at old tickets to research recurring problems.

Pros

It is absolutely free and easy to use for the technicians and clients.

Cons

Sometimes navigating from one section to another to find what you want is more difficult than it should be.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Amazing for the Price (FREE)

I don't know why I didnt try this soon, i think you presume if something doesnt have a high price tag then it wont be any good, but i was very wrong.

Pros

I love the ease of the ticketing system and the professionalism of the emails that come out from it. I have used some other IT help desk platforms but this one works really well.

Cons

The app isnt particularly slick but it works. I think in they could spend a bit more time on the app it would increase their portfolio tenfold. For the price it is a gem and you cannot go wrong.

RC

Ronnie C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Useful but too cumbersome

Spiceworks provides a valuable way to keep track of tasks and to provide a system of accountability for employers. The interface of the platform creates a few issues. The size of the font in tickets is too small, it makes it difficult to work from it on a daily basis. Also, there are a few glitches with how information is displayed when the screen is enlarged. It's difficult to see the last ticket as it is often hidden under the field where you view information. When you link tickets to a group email, it doesn't always show who the ticket is from...instead, it lists the ticket as coming from the group email...which makes it difficult to follow up on issues.

Pros

Provides a way to track tasks, creates reports on productivity.

DS

Dominic S.

Excellent IT help desk ticket management program.

Pros

I like how I can put due dates on open tickets so I can keep tabs on tasks and when they need to be completed.

Cons

We receive an email when a new ticket has been created or a team member has replied to it. I've run into issues where when I reply to the ticket via email, it doesn't update the ticket in Spiceworks. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's definitely frustrating when it happens.

JL

James L.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spiceworks has been a great help

Great for medium and small businesses. The resources available through Spiceworks makes it well worth the cost of admission.

Pros

From the download to the end of the install, Spiceworks is very easy to set up. It is easy to mange, you don't need a network admin. It is easy to use, you don't have to be in IT.

Cons

While Spiceworks is very easy to use it is not designed for a large businesses. Some patches force you to reset views (No big deal)

Machinery, 1,001-5,000 employees

We use this product for our technical support.

It is a free product, you can't complaint when it is free.

Pros

This product is easy to use and managed. It doesn't take much time to implement this product. It has many packaged included like network device inventory, locate devices, alerts and asset location tracking.

Cons

Their help desk feature tends to be quirky for end users. Knowledge in SQL to get special reports. Load limitation for larger companies.

TT

Tyler T.

Entertainment, self-employed

I use Spiceworks every day, and it keeps track of what is going on in our network

I learned how to install and configure software using Spiceworks. From there, I can now keep an eye on my network anywhere I am (as long as I have my phone).

Pros

The price of course would be the first thing I like, but this software is very feature- regardless of the price. I use this on our home network, it monitors my desktop (gaming PC), two laptops, 4 tablets, a smartv, and a bitcoin mining rig. I can monitor everything on my phone because it automatically sends emails if there are any issues.

Cons

It is very hard to learn. My dad is a SysAdmin, and he MADE me learn to set up Spiceworks and use it, and I am thankful he did because it got me interested in Networking and taught me to configure software to meet my needs.

Dennis W.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great Helpdesk Software - No Frills

Pros

The price is what gets you to download the software, the features are what keep you from looking for an alternative. It will find all of the nodes on your network and associate them based off of their MAC address.

Cons

While not really a "Con", the free version does have ads but they are typically "techie" in nature and sometimes they are relevant to what you may be working on at the time.

RC

Ryan C.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Spiceworks

Pros

Free helpdesk system with network monitoring and network inventory! That's pretty awesome in my book. Extremely active community with Spiceworks. Some resources are better than others, but it is nice to see certain parts of their site not only dedicated to the 'work' side of Spiceworks, but the more 'human' side of a lot of people in the technology field(s). We like to talk about more than work, and when we do you can get some great ideas from those folks.

Cons

I would just love it if Spiceworks could run on a Linux platform. While running on windows makes installation and I'm sure a lot of the back-end stuff a lot easier to do, but I would like to put it on a server and let it do it's thing there.

MM

Matt M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Spiceworks works to make your life easier

This is a software that I have in use and check in with every day. If you're an admin working in a small to medium business, definitely look at this software to see how it can fit into your environment. Everyone loves free.

Pros

Spiceworks network monitor is incredibly easy to get up and running, and provides you with real time notifications about the most vital information you could need to know about your systems at any given time,

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software, I think that Spiceworks provides an incredible value for for what you're getting.

CC

Chris C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Very handy free IT tool but UI could do with improvements

Pros

Automatic updates and notifications through email are great for us to keep on top of requirements and notify customers of progress.

Cons

Customers do not get regular updates summarising their open tickets and monthly closed tickets. Also the UI could be improved to make it easier to view tickets and update them in order.

Gihan N.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spiceworks

Overall this is a very good asset management solution for use any kind of business without a headache.

Pros

This was a really good solution for use as an inventory system, asset tagging also is really helpful, the dashboard also really good and well organized. currently, my company also using this tool due to its user-friendly design and ease of implementation. and the reporting also in good level we can identify assets really easy using this tool.

Cons

still, I didn't notice any failures of this software.

JK

Jim K.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Works well for Help desk tickets

It works well. Tickets are opened automatically when someone sends in a request. when a help desk person takes the ticket, the user knows who is assigned.

Pros

I like the fact that replies to the user that sent in the ticket are automatic and show who is assigned to the ticket.

Cons

Ticketing system could use the ability to not open new tickets when an auto reply is sent back. When an auto reply is sent back, the system will open another ticket causing a massive amount of new tickets till you figure out how to correct the issue.

KG

Keenan G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk review

Pros

Spiceworks works well as a free help desk system. It does what it says on the tin. It has decent audit logging, relatively easy configuration, and a simple user interface.

Cons

It being free holds back some of the functionality, the way statistics are shown on the dashboard isn't consistent, and it's very barebones overall.

PS

Priyanka S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Good software for IT helpdesk

Pros

One place for all IT requests. Customize to meet your needs. Not many Pros except that its free and once its set up its easy as most others like it to use.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is that spiceworks only supports Windows Servers. I hope in the future they start supporting Mac OSX. Spiceworks is that it takes a very long time to do a scan, and I mean SEVERAL hours.

GB

Gary B.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

One of the best all-in-one IT solutions available

I believe in Spiceworks. I have been to every Spiceworld conference in their home city of Austin, Texas. I have watched them grow from a few employees to over a hundred.

Pros

I have used Spiceworks for over 11 years. I mainly use it for the outstanding help desk. My users are able to easily submit their issues and I can keep them updated on the status.

Cons

I have trouble with the inventory feature.

JC

John C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Very helpful program for tracking employees computers

Pros

- Before we installed Spiceworks, we had a hard time managing licenses and how many seats of each version of each software we had, where they were installed, etc. - Spiceworks can store registration and installation details on all of our programs, including pending renewal dates for subscription licenses.

Cons

- We use cloud storage at our company, so I was unable to set Spiceworks up easily. I had to configure a remote DNS for each computer to report their data to, and then access that information from my computer.