TeamDynamix Reviews - Page 2

Teamdynamix at FAU

Since the start we have had a great experience with TeamDynamix. From the beginning, they've listened to their customers and have enhanced the tool based on that feedback. They provide great support when needed. They promote collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst their customers and their annual conference is a great way to connect with other customers.

Pros

What I like most about Teamdynamix's solution is that all modules are included in one package and it's up to you what you want to use. Other companies often charge for each module separately. The TDX solution is easy to use and the implementation was very fast.

Cons

I would like to see Teamdynamix create a mobile app. The other thing I'm missing as an admin is the ability to customize the attributes when designing a form. For example, I would like to be able to put two attributes next to each other.

Great Product

Great product, would recommend to other people looking for an easy to use and nice to look at system. We track thousands of machines within tdx as well. It can take some time to learn how it operates exactly, but once you figure it out it's great.

Pros

It's easy to use, you can setup your own dashboard and customize it. You can generate your own reports for multiple different parts of the site.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit limited in areas(though this is probably more of an "our organization" complaint since we either make the requests or develop them.

Missing key functionality to be great

So far, we have not been very successful in using this internally after two years. Our users reply to tickets but it doesn't show in our reporting as if they have done so, which makes it next to impossible to run data on our response time.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to develop specific forms for end users, and give us customization abilities so IT doesn't have to do things for us.

Cons

We had moved from another helpdesk software to this and lost key functionality. We cannot format HTML in our messages, or insert or display inline images ... the amount of time we lose just clicking on all the attachments to see if we have a screenshot or just images from someone's signature is a huge waste. The loss of tables in messages means that anything we receive from a spreadsheet within the message is useless to decipher and we have to reply to ask them to submit it in some other format or attachment. There also is no ability to see who was cc'd on the email that created the ticket until our IT team built a workaround there.

TeamDynamix

Pros

Ease of customization and responsiveness of the company.

Cons

We would like to have a mobile app designed for technician use. We would like end users to be able to submit assets in incident tickets that aren't assigned to them.

Feels like home

Pros

it's always nice to see the company I work for choose a tool I trust and know.

Cons

some more customization would be great - although i like what is there

My Review

I would like to see more training that has examples or tutorials. We know what we want to do, but can't find a tutorial to help us.

Pros

Our ability to configure and modify the product to meet our needs.

Cons

Project and Ticket time reporting. Lack of best practice examples in the KB.

Asset History

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use of managing assets. There are times an asset might not work well and I've had tickets come in where I could see a history of issues and I can better consult with them and determine if an asset needs to be replaced or not vs just having another technician work on it again and perform the same troubleshooting steps.

Cons

Most of the issues I've run in to were a user error problem. I've run in to cases where we had a lot of duplicated assets and through some confusion I've deleted the wrong one. Often times I also have to email people outside of the ticketing system because the email from the ticket might be ignored, maybe because of the way the emails are formatted. Still looking in to this though.

TD for IT Support

Pros

The ability to comment in ticket and keep both the requestor and the rest of my team in the loop is a great asset. Being able to search older or closed tickets aids in productivity, no need to "re-invent the wheel" for re-occuring problems.

Cons

We do not integrate TD's asset management with our native asset management system so there is a certain amount of overlap. It is unwieldy to have to use different areas to communicate. If I want to contact the ticket participants, I use "comment" If I want to contact participants AND outsiders, I need to use "update" Perhaps add an option in "comment" to add outside contacts. I don't need all the features of "update" (Such as hours, status, etc) just to throw someone onto a comment thread.

Transformative ITSM and PPM Product

My job has completely transformed since the implementation of TeamDynamix in a positive way. We can understand our workload, see into the future with less uncertainty, and our users have a clear understanding of status.

Pros

Easy configuration was a key metric in selecting an ITSM and PPM product. We implemented the ITSM side in 2015 and found it incredibly easy to use, which made our transition to the PPM side in 2017 a no-brainer.

Cons

The company is a bit young and small so working with their integration tools and APIs at first was a bit difficult. They have greatly staffed up recently and their toolset has grown to our delight.

The Expereinces of a Tech thrown into the admin position

It has definitely helped me make our ticket process run more smoothly and has made it much easier to keep track of what is and isn't getting done.

Pros

The ability to setup automation for ticket distribution has been incredibly useful as our our IT team is small and can't dedicate someone to assigning every ticket. Also I've found most of the controls and features to be fairly intuitive and easy to figure out just by looking at them, which is useful for me personally as I was basically just thrown into the system and told to run it.

Cons

I have found navigating the backend UI to be a bit clunky at times. IE: if I click the name of a user there is an option to see tickets they have submitted, not tickets they are assigned. Also there is not, that I have seen, a way to see how many times a knowledge base article has been viewed, which would be useful in tracking how often the knowledge base is used.

Easy to learn, powerful tool

TeamDynamix is convenient, powerful, and reliable. It's one of the few tools I can expect to have working seamlessly every morning when I arrive at the office. If I need to search old records or pull data in a way I've never tried before, chances are that TeamDynamix already has that functionality

Pros

It's highly customizable. We have people in different departments tracking different things, but there are no conflicts because everyone sees exactly what they've been given access to and no more. If we don't like something, chances are the administrator can change it.

Cons

It took a while to figure out what customers were seeing when they respond to tickets or use the client portal. There was some confusion over what the "Make comments private (only visible to IT Tickets users)" meant, whether the ticket would be visible to recipients, other departments that hadn't worked on that specific ticket, etc.

TeamDynamix is all it's cracked up to be!

VERY professional people to work with! I like how our implementation guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped us and guided us to set up to where we are now. Very intelligent and professional.

Pros

What I like most is how easy it is to use, and how it's locked down---meaning you can't over configure it to death\.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot add an attachment inside of a ticket. To me, that was almost a no brainer-MUST have. I also dontl like that what is referred to as configuration management is really only asset management.

TeamDynamix

Excellent. Support is fantastic. All our technicians are happy using the system. Allows us to voice our opinions and address those in the upgrades where possible.

Pros

Easy to implement. Minimal coding is needed. Powerful. Allows automation.

Cons

It does not allow creating new custom email notifiacations. The Support Reply email often is confused by the end-users when submitting new requests, thus the emails don't get processed.

TeamDynamix is the best ITSM solution I have used

We have better visibility of projects and ticket requests for both technicians, PMs and our stakeholders.

Pros

Flexibility and customer service. An admin has the capabilities to create and modify attributes, forms, workflow and reports very easily with little training. Also, if a desired feature is not available or not working as expected, the TeamDynamix support team typically responds very quickly to advise on a solution.

Cons

I am both a PM and ITSM user. ITSM receives more development time than the PM application. There are some features that work really well on the ITSM that don't behave the same on the PM application.

Hodges University Review

Aside from the conversion, TeamDynamix is awesome and the TeamDynamix people are great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been outstanding!

Pros

It's very robust and powerful. The range of function is great with a broad range of applications and capabilities! The support is great!

Cons

The conversion process is painful and time consuming.

Pros

No code for administrators on implementation and low overhead

Cons

Some integrations were difficult. Wrote a program to get inventory information

Good flexible ticketing solution, mature API

Pros

Variety of API functions, easy ticket system integration

Cons

PM interface does not have good user experience

Simple, but efficient!

It's been great for us. It's simple enough that the professors can quickly enter tickets into the system & then also easy for us to see what needs to be done & complete the tasks in a more organized manner.

Pros

I like the way that the software allows you to organize the different windows that are important to you on the desktop. It is also straightforward to enter tickets, view tickets, & edit them when needed.

Cons

I wish it would automatically add the Room # (Location) in the title as we always have to open the ticket up to see where the location of the ticket is. (This is at a University).

New TDX University

TDX is working well for us. The implementation was technically good and well organized. TDX has obviously done a lot of migrations from other ITSM products and helped a lot of new customers. However, the implementation specialist we had [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was technically good at helping us, but he lacked the longer-term experience especially working with education customers that have used TDX for...

Pros

Web based, clean design, customizable, TDX knowledge base is amazing. Presales technical staff are fantastic.

Cons

TDX has a lot of shortcomings that worked better in Cherwell. Some things are minor, but improvements could make TDX much more useful and useful for gathering information, troubleshooting, resolving problems. But TDX is a great platform.

Better than other ticketing systems

Pros

The reporting ability of TDX is unmatched. The ability to drill down to specific items/users including custom information is a key factor in our support model.

Cons

It can be overwhelming for new users if they are given too much access or not properly trained.

Great Service Management Platform

Pros

TDX has evolved each year since we've implemented and I like how they listen to and work with their customers when considering and developing each product enhancements

Cons

Our Asset tracking is in place and functional but there is a lot of space for improvement in how the platform integrates asset management with tickets, and the users associated. There is a lot of potential here and we'll be looking towards that as we build our asset inventory out further into the tool.

Just getting started

Great customer service. The tool is very large and there are lots of little pieces to it. But it is easy to learn and the sandbox really is a good place to play around with it.

Pros

We implemented this in Februrary ad the more I learn about the product the more I want to learn. I think it has the capability to do a lot of things.

Cons

You really need to learn the TDX lingo. Once that is learned it's easier but it is hard to understand at first.

Lots of Features, but Some Difficulty

Pros

I like that we can run ticket reports and create workflows within TDX.

Cons

Several functions that are important to Help Desk work have been hard to achieve even with our representative's help. We are still not able to get a ticket to automatically change to a "Waiting on technician" or "Waiting on Customer" type of status depending on who has responded last. That is a functionality I miss about our old system.

TeamDynamix - an Exceptional Solution for Higher Education I.T. Support

The software is truly fitting our needs and is completely fulfilling our expectations at this point. I do love TeamDynamix!

Pros

Ease of use and overall features of the software. It completely fits our needs. I like the fact that it integrates all the features we were looking for into one package.

Cons

It was more difficult to implement than I had hoped. However, this is likely because we had a short timeline and had so much to do in such a short time period, and not a true fault of the software.

Solid Product and you get out of it what you put into it

timely customer service, better reporting and analysis of work time

Pros

Fairly rigid, but for most odd needs, we've been able to find a way to make it work in TDX.

Cons

Small thing but it would be great that if you start entering work time and need to shift weeks that you could. Instead, you are stuck with the current week (default or mistakenly selected).