Visio Logo

Diagramming, process modeling & data visualization

Visio Reviews - Page 5

3,140 reviews

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Vital to our day-to-day workflow

We cannot be without Visio. it is the most valuable tool in out tool box.

Pros

I love that Visio is so powerful for creating 2D renderings, and yet I can teach it to someone in a matter of hours.

Cons

It is windows based and has stability issues. Microsoft is working out the bugs, but it is sometimes frustrating to have to deal with its limitations. even the 64 bit version is clunky.

Raju s.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Visio, the drawing tool for Professionals

In daily IT Engineer life, there will be presentation, creating network drawings. For all kind of chart and architectureal drawing it is best option

Pros

It has many built in format for flow chart, organizational chart, network drawings and many more. We can add the missing tools too.

Cons

It's costly, requires bit of training or practice to work on. All kind of equipment or tools model are not present.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

One of the most versatile tools for visual planning / designing

Great, I'm a frequent user whenever I am running a technical project this becomes a daily tool for me.

Pros

I use Visio for so many things - Floor layout when I renovated my home, network planning, datacenter rack planning, flow charts and others. It's versatile, easy to use, handles scalable drawings nicely - It's great. I highly recommend investing the time in learning all the useful keyboard shortcuts, they take a bit of time to learn but pay back in time saved (Thanks VisioCafe for making this available for free:http://www.visiocafe.com/downloads/Mouse&Keyboard-Shortcuts-Visio2002.vsd)

Cons

As always with the tools that are versatile - there's a learning curve, and for every single use case you can think of there might be a more dedicated tool that is easier / cheaper Etc. If you need versatility there's nothing like it, if you need only one area I would look for alternatives.

JJ

Josh J.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The gold standard of diagram software

Excellent. It would be hard to perform my daily routine without it.

Pros

When it comes to creating an active directory topology, server layout, rack diagram, essentially any type of IT related visualization, Visio is the go to tool.

Cons

More templates could be builtin. More automation and integration with third party applications. Otherwise it is perfect.

IF

Ismael F.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Um software poderoso e versátil

Com o Visio se torna muito mais fácil e prático colocar e organizar as ideias, gerar protocolos e processos nunca foi tão fácil por meio das ferramentas de fluxograma, criar planejamentos, mapas mentis e etc. Um ótimo software.

Pros

Fácil de usar: O Visio é muito intuitivo e fácil de usar, especialmente se você está familiarizado com outros produtos da Microsoft, como o Word ou o Excel.Ampla gama de modelos e formas: O Visio oferece uma ampla gama de modelos e formas pré-construídos que podem ajudar a acelerar o processo de criação de diagramas.Colaboração em tempo real: O Visio permite que várias pessoas trabalhem juntas em um mesmo diagrama ao mesmo tempo, o que é muito útil para equipes de projeto que precisam colaborar em um projeto em tempo real.Integração com outras ferramentas da Microsoft: O Visio se integra perfeitamente com outras ferramentas da Microsoft, como o SharePoint e o Office 365, permitindo uma colaboração ainda mais fácil entre as equipes.

Cons

Aprendizado inicial: Embora o Visio seja fácil de usar, pode haver um período de aprendizado inicial para se familiarizar com todos os recursos e recursos disponíveis.Limitações de personalização: Embora o Visio ofereça muitos modelos e formas pré-construídos, pode haver limitações na personalização desses modelos e formas, o que pode ser um problema para alguns usuários.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

EF

Evgeny F.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

I am grateful to the developers for the simple and use of the graphics application

Pros

Despite the fact that I work in an IT company and all our employees know how to use modern technologies, it turned out that the easiest Visio program is most convenient for creating graphic objects. Yes, imagine, I and my colleagues use this application in order to draw flow charts, various diagrams. And as I said, I'm personally attracted to the program by the ease of use with pretty serious functionality. Well and one more plus is that Visio enters into some office packages from Microsoft by default, that is the program does not need to be bought separately.

Cons

Perhaps, I note that with extensive functionality you still can not create full-fledged drawings, it turns out that the program is designed only for creating visual graphics that are drawn without observing strict requirements, that is, you get simply colorful pictures at the output.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Helpful workflow and diagram management tool by Microsoft

MS Visio is a perfect software for you if you already have a MS Office suite in your machine, and you are planning on creating a chart or diagram. The design is very reminiscent to the Microsoft interface so if you are creating a document in it, the outcome will be clean and uniform. Instead of creating charts and diagram using the Shapes feature in MS Word, MS Visio is a perfect way to go.

Pros

- Visio is readily available in MS Office suite nowadays so searching for another chart creating tool is not so needed now especially if you are working offline- Shapes and lines designs are clean and uniform to the MS Office design so you can easily incorporate the charts and diagrams in your documents- Available shape and line designs are diverse so whichever you need in your project, most likely is there

Cons

- The UX of MS Visio when creating charts/diagram is a little bit challenging since the drag-and-drop of the shapes and lines is not so smooth. I hope that Microsoft will optimize this just like how other similar online tools do it.

Vincent M.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

A Superb Visualization Tool

Pros

Vibrant end to end workflow cahrting software taht aids in illustrating concepts and workflows to the specific targeted audience. The ability of teh software to organize subgroups differently and independently is a huge plus. I also love the fact that I can readily import diagrams and insert them in other documents hustle free.

Cons

While it is almost perfect, there is a need to develop Visio for Android to allow for a more seamless working experience when I am off my laptop and on my tablet during travels.

LINA MARIA V.

A software that complements the organization in my work space

It is a software that you must acquire to put it to the test in your company. We fulfilled this requirement, put it to the test and more we could never stop using it. It is very valuable and you must acquire it

Pros

Visio has excellent features that I will mention below. This software is one of the best platforms we have found for the internal organization of our personnel based on the projection of strengths and weaknesses. On the one hand, Visio offers the best scheme for the construction of corporate structures, defined in the hierarchy where each of the positions is defined according to the potential and weaknesses of the work team. In addition, it offers the construction of flow diagrams necessary to analyze the performance and average performance of each of the positions described in the structure.

Cons

It is a somewhat difficult software to use. The times we have had to use it have had to be with the IT Department of our Management. It would be great if this software could use it all, but for that, an instruction is required.

BS

Bruce S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Simplified diagrams and layouts.

Pros

Able to create documents for a fraction of the cost of AutoDesk.

Cons

Updates seem to be far and few. Steep learning curve

Oder Henrique R.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Diagramming tool I use most

I have used Microsoft Visio professionally since 2015 and I believe it is one of the best in what it proposes. As an engineer, I create many process flowcharts to facilitate understanding and organizing the ideas of my clients and students. The ability to import DWG files is one of the great advantages of this software for professionals. In view of its great features I never chose to use another similar program.

Pros

I was able to create my flowcharts from the first use of the software. Considering its features and sharing options, it has good cost-benefit and is capable of generating different products in different formats and in excellent quality. Using Microsoft Visio online in my browser and being able to create together with other users makes the professional visio experience more successful. In this software, I can create diagrams and flowcharts from the simplest to the most complex and detailed.

Cons

One feature that the program could improve on is the variety of plans and forms of payment available. As a suggestion, I believe that it would be very useful if this software offered options for buying separate vouchers for temporary use, as this possibility would be very useful for those who do not use the software so often.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A Professional product

Overall it is a very useful tool that provides a very good looking report and adds professional look to organized data.

Pros

It helps organize data and present it visually in a very professional way. It helps deliver the message clearly and hence helps the decision maker take appropriate business decisions. It also helps the presenter deliver the message in a short and clear way. Learning Visio is not difficult at all and is a very easy mission. The easy to use software adds to its positive features.

Cons

Despite the fact that it is easy to use and learn vision however there are some points that really need good experience for example in order to connect two objects one will need to exert some effort and to have some experience to use connecting points. sometimes connecting points automatically connects to other objects.

CL

Claudia L.

Computer Software, self-employed

Microsoft Visio Review

Microsoft Visio is a powerful tool that allows users to create professional-looking diagrams and charts with a wide range of customizable templates and shapes. It also has a number of advanced features, such as the ability to import and export data, create macros, and collaborate with others in real time.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Visio. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly. It makes it easy for new users to get started with creating diagrams and flow charts. The software also integrates well with other Microsoft Office applications, which allows users to easily incorporate Visio diagrams and charts into other Microsoft documents.

Cons

Visio can be costly compared to other similar software unless you are planning to purchase Microsoft 365, which includes other Microsoft products including Visio at a discounted price.

CS

Craig S.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Smart Presentation tool

My e-commerce business process around adding new products, shipping ordered items and blogging has become more efficient and productive. Previously, I was forgetting my standard steps to update my website and was always changing the process. After creating work flow diagrams using Visio, I follow a consistent process to refresh my website content. This streamlining of web update procedure was critical to my business because I have limited resources and budget. If cost of licensing is reduced, Visio ROI can increase.

Pros

I use Visio to map work flows for setting up my e-commerce business. First work flow is for adding new products to shopping catalog of my website. Second work flow is for shipping ordered items to my customers. Third work flow is for adding new posts to my blog. Using flow charts and standard templates of Visio, I am able to quickly create visual diagrams of above work flows using drag and drop feature. Existing collection of shapes, objects, nodes and pencils cover most of my painting needs. Because Visio is integrated with Microsoft Office suite of products, I am able to export work flow diagrams into Powerpoint presentations or as a PDF file, with ease. So, I can share my projects with my business partner and collaborate efficiently.

Cons

Visio's high license cost per user made it a challenge for me to justify its ROI. Because I don't use this tool that often. Once a process flow diagram is created, all I am doing is executing against it. The only time I use the tool again is when I want to add or remove a step for adding new items, blog posts or shipping items. These changes in work flow are a rare occurrence. Plus, I am not easily able to print, publish, report or share the flow charts I created with my business partner. Hence, it takes more time to collaborate than it ideally should. If there is technical support to help simplify the sharing feature, it would help me a lot.

Easy to use for IVR Design & Flow chart

Nearly 1.6 years of experience with Visio. Majorly used for IVR design & flow charts.

Pros

Most of the shapes are default available. It's like drag and drop method and connection is also easy. Supporting to add notes, text, pictures, and comments. off-page reference is also supported. export as PDF or Visio.

Cons

Sometimes connecting two shapes will be more difficult.

JD

Jared D.

I've used this program for several years for drawing some basic and some advanced diagrams.

Pros

I like that it has so many templates or layers to chose from. You can add houses, signs, animals, basically anything to a to-scale-drawing. You chose the measurement from one object to another. An example is, you are trying to draw a parking lot to scale. You can space the lines in the parking lot, trees, curbs, fire hydrants, or anything to the exact point you want it. You can load gps points into it and draw from there to have an exact placement using those options the program provides. This works very well.

Cons

It's not user friendly until you have some time in to it. There is a pretty big learning curve. Although I like it because i'm use to it, some templates, drawings, and features take some time to find. I've used other programs with a more user friendly format, and had features that were easier to find.

PT

Priyanka T.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Uses of Visio

Visio can be used for different purposes like for a presentation or a diagram. It helps to make high detailed flow graphs of a project. It is easy to use. It makes visuals clear easy to understand. It is an excellent modeling tool. It can be sued in every project and assignment or report that requires design and drawings.

Pros

1) This software helps to develop organizational charts. 2) It can be used to present different diagrams using shapes and other features. 3) It maps floor blueprints so it is best for visual type users. 4) It has different styles and all the needed details needed to use for design and it can also be used for Sales purposes.

Cons

1) If you lost the updated version you may have to make the same changes again and again. 2) Auto arrange feature does not work properly and misplaces the information. 3) It is more expensive than other software.

JS

Joshua S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

MS Visio Review

Overall, I have had a very positive expereince using Visio. Visio is a very powerful tool with which I can create some very impressive and unique visuals. However, for the work I personally do, I do not always require teriibly stunning visuals, so usually those which i can create simply in MS Word or MS Powerpoint are sufficient. However, Visio definitely takes those designs to the next level.

Pros

What I like most about MS Visio is the ease of use. I feel that the tabs are well organized and cater very well to the user. The way the program is structured makes it very easy to create and develop with ease. The different tabs and options available are almost intuitive and follow an excellent progression and lay out all of the avaible options to the user. The visuals used are very appropriate and coincide with the program as a very visual based program as a whole.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I feel that I can acheive similar results using other MS software. Visio definitely makes it very easy to create, but there are features in other MS software such as MS Word and MS Powerpoint that allow for similiar and oftentimes suffieincient capabiluities for everyday designs. I turn to Visio when I really want something very unique.

NB

Narendran B.

Visio User Review

Pros

The drag and drop functionality while creating flow diagrams is user friendly with most of the required inputs are available. After completion of the flow diagrams, it's easy to export into any format and paste on the required document or PPT.

Cons

There is no limitation found so far in MS Visio.

Swapnil T.

Investment Management, 10,001+ employees

Best application to design data flow for any aspect.

As of now my overall experience is good and I would like to continue to work on this solution.

Pros

As I am using this solution from almost one and half year there are some better point that I would like to highlight under this section -1. Flowchart designing become more simpler and more accurate with respect to manage and maintain the data.2. Can design the network Design which help to understand the exact process of connection and mapping to it.3. Provide better visualization so that no technical person can also understand easily with the help of diagram.

Cons

As a user I have observe some points which can be addressed- 1. Most of the time observe performance related issue and also there are chances to loos the work. 2. User interface can be more simpler as it contains non useful notification leads to distraction 3. It will be good if this application contain some Artificial intelligence mechanism to boost the design capability.

MH

Mohamed H.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Amazing Experience

The whole thing is amazing when it comes to using Visio with all available features, I'm using a lot of things because of my job duties, I create documents with new processes, update the current documents and communicate with the team, and also use Visio on any device makes it a lot easier for the user.

Pros

It is the easiest way to create or update a process workflow and let the employees know the update once it happened to be communicated with the customers, also very smooth and easy when using the project planning and asking anyone to type a review, to know if this help or no or need improvement.

Cons

Sometimes, especially when using low internet speed connections the pages take so much time to load and this might some issues for the users, I recommend creating a special view "lowered web version" for such internet speed.

Trent S.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Our construction assistant

I was able to make an office plan easily and with various colors and designs, since it has several templates that allow me to better organize my projects. It is very accessible when ordering a custom template.

Pros

facilitates the process of creating professional diagrams and graphics in a dynamic and versatile way, being able to edit the structure and colors in a variety of ways. It allows to create calculation pages to keep accounting records, budgets, among others. Plans can also be made by giving it the appropriate data, these can be very exact. Its design is friendly and easy to use.

Cons

It cannot be used with Mac or Linux, limiting its use to those who have these programs. It is somewhat complicated and tedious when printing these plans under this program. it is somewhat expensive and requires high performance equipment.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best professional diagrams creator in the market

Overall this product makes drawing diagrams easier. It saves lot of time as it sup[ports multiple formats and multiple type of diagrams. I recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a good diagram drawing product.

Pros

As someone who's actively engaging and creating enterprise solutions I find this product to be a time saver when it comes to the design process. Visio makes it easy to draw diagrams and also it allows to import different type of diagrams in to it for further editing. As a company that deals with so many projects and go through several software development life cycles, I find this product to be very innovative and helpful to its users.

Cons

It is a fantastic tool and helps larger companies a lot. However, the pricing can be a bit expensive. Specially if you are a still-growing company you will find this product to be expensive.

AA

Albert A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

The Visualisation Software every Business Needs

The experience has been great for our business. We have saved plenty of time from doing charts and graphs on other applications. The software is also very easy to use and users do not need any extensive usage training.

Pros

We decided to implement Visio as we believe strongly that diagrams and other forms of visualizations can help an organisation convey its message to the users much more effectively, being employees, customers as well as other stakeholders. This software has helped us drastically in marketing as well communication with employees. The software is very user friendly and has a lot of great features.

Cons

The only small issue is that one must make sure to save the templates he is working on as once we lost a template which we had been working on for days. Maybe the software could be improved with some auto-saving function.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Visio's Reviews

Overall, very robust software and very worth it use. Very thankful to use it.

Pros

This is one of the product of Microsoft. It's has very complex and robust feature that's why it's very worth it to use because it's very reliable. It really does and exceed what it does and really make my job a lot more easier. It also has ready to use templates so that you won't be needing to start from scratch especially those who have just started and are having difficulty learning it.

Cons

It's just a bit difficult to learn at first so a few YouTube tutorials will definitely help.