WhatsUp Gold Reviews - Page 6

Sys Admin

Quite good

Pros

Can monitor alomst any system and issue many different typs of alarms

Cons

Most support comes via email but I prefer live support

Solid Reliable Monitoring Tool

Pros

WhatsUp Gold provides an easy to configure, flexible and reliable monitoring solution.

Cons

More customizable reports would be great!

Great software for monitoring

Pros

Easy to install and configure. Alerting is real-time and reliable

Cons

Database size can get large and utility to compact is tricky.

Very good monitoring software.

Pros

Very easy to use. User friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Just need to add last known port mac address find field.

WhatsUp has simplified our environment monitoring.

This product has saved us a lot of time. The cost of this product is great. I know there are other products out there but WhatsUp Gold has been solid for our school corporation.

Pros

The ease of setup and monitoring has been a huge benefit. We have used this multiple times to track down errors that would have been much more time-consuming.

Cons

Wish I could get my Superintendent to let me upgrade. We have stayed with our current version for a number of years. Hoping we can upgrade because we always add more technology but not staff.

Overall

From the Sales Representative to the Technical Support to the Website, everything was explained thoroughly and honestly.

Pros

The network mapping module of this software is far superior to anything else on the market.

Cons

Email alerting and threshold settings are a little cumbersome to setup.

WhatsApp gold

an A +

Pros

Its very very great and the software is

Cons

its the best but the are some things that need improve

WUG Review

My overall experience has been positive.

Pros

It has a broad range of supported vendors

Cons

Often the SNMP detailed system information for a device refuses to actually update if/when the device changes even though WUG is able to still collect SNMP information from it. I most often need to completely remove the old device and rediscover the new device when this happens.

Compact & Powerful

Just an outright solid program.

Pros

Normally I work with Solarwinds products, so my experience with this product within my environment is limited compared to some of my coworkers. From the work I have done with this software I have been sincerely impressed. WUG might not be as feature-rich as NPM, but for the cost it's a pretty deep monitoring system. It's more cost effective than Solarwinds SAM, unless you already have NPM in your environment.

Cons

Doesn't quite offer what Solarwinds can, but the cost is significantly lower. If you don't have NPM in your environment then its a good alternative to SAM.

Great network alerting applications

Used WhatsUp Gold at a medical center with 30 switches , 10 routers, 50 servers, 400 workstations. It performed flawlessly for our purposes.

Pros

This software was responsible for keeping our teem of 3 network technicians aware of any network issues at the medical center of my previous employment. It was easy to set up we never had any issues with it.

Cons

I never found anything I didn't really like about WhatsUp Gold. The interface was easy to use and I don't recall a time when it failed to function.

Useful Monitoring but Subpar Interface

Overall - Whatsupgold gets the job done but its not a platform that I would necessarily gravitate towards today if I were starting over. The platform definitely has the tools to get the job done, but those tools are not organized in a coherent/cohesive way - which makes the experience feel quite disjointed.

Pros

I like the amount of monitoring this platform can do. Pretty much if the item is somehow connected to the network, it can be monitored by this platform. Whatsupgold has been good in terms of letting us know proactively when a key system is down and for monitoring the bandwidth at our network sites. It's been a very solid platform when doing some basic things

Cons

The interface is very unintuitive. It feels like you need to take a course on the platform in order to use it successfully. There are alot of options within the platform, but getting them all to work in a clear/clean fashion takes alot of work. Sometimes it feels like you need adjust to the limitations of the platform rather then the platform conforming to you. It doesn't feel as modern as it once did.

Whatsup is up and up

Pros

What's up is very functional and a great tool for any network. I really enjoy knowing what happens when.

Cons

The newer version has taken a bit to get used to. I do believe I will enjoy it more once I get it configured like I want it.

It works

Pros

I am able to create a visualized drawing of our manufacturing plant which gives me quick visual cues when critical machinery or services are down.

Cons

Configuration can be quite overwhelming and the need to touch each host individually to customize its monitoring can take a long time to get the system setup the way you want it.

Good Features for the cost of the software

Pros

WUG is fairly easy to use but does take practice to set up in a manner that will allow you to organize your infrastructure so it makes sense to you. For the cost, it does a good job of monitoring.

Cons

False alerts have always been an issue in WUG, and i've worked with it for about 10 years. It's also tedious to set up if you have hundreds of servers, especially fine tuning details for specific applications.

WUG Review

Overall experience with WUG has been very pleasing to use.

Pros

Real time monitoring and alerting. Excellent application for this. Great that we can get email & text alerts as well.

Cons

Feel that is difficult at times to find the right area to go to setup some alerting. Also struggle with setting up alerting for certain disks on a machine while excluding other disks on the same machine.

Fantastic and Easy-to-Use

Pros

I liked the simplicity of the deployment, as well as the customizability of the UI. I keep a dashboard up on one monitor at all times and it allows me a birds-eye-view of everything that is up or down at that time.

Cons

I currently have no complaints about the software. It does everything I need it to do, and does it well.

Excelent Software

Pros

It's easy to work with, it's innovator; besides that the price is good enough.

Cons

anything so far, everything works just fine.

Great Product!

Pros

I had familiarity with the product from a previous company I worked for. WhatsUp Gold is easy to use, easy to understand and the overall layout lends itself to seeing everything critical at a glance.

Cons

Given that I specifically chose this software for its merits, I don’t have anything negative to report

Limited functionality and features, software updates are unreliable.

We use it to monitor up/down status for 3000 devices.

Pros

I am familiar with the interface. The price model is acceptable. .

Cons

The product has limited functionality and is inflexible to use as a 24x7 monitoring tool. Software updates may fix some problems but often introduce more problems. Overall I am very disappointed with What's Up Gold.

Hi, I'm sorry that WhatsUp Gold hasn't lived up to your expectations. Our records show that your team had issues with an upgrade. I wanted to let you know that I've reached out to your Ipswitch Account Rep, Shane Lusby, and he will be in touch immediately to make sure we can address any issues that you continue to have. Regards, Alex.

Decent Product but needs some improvments

It's mixed, I was happy with the product before version 19. That I when things went downhill. It was an great product then.

Pros

I like the GUI and ability to navigate easily from page to page.

Cons

The configuration and scanning features need improvement. There are short comings that make it challenging for a larger organization with 50+ subnets. You can setup 1 daily scan, support says you have to setup 1 scan per subnet and they cant run concurrently, with only 25 hours in a day, how do you scan each subnet on a daily basis? You cant.

WhatsUP Monitoring at Mohonk Mountain House

Positive experience so far. Implementation team was great and helped with initial setup.

Pros

Easy to add devices for monitoring. Email alerts. Mobile app

Cons

I wish there was a more secure way to setup access to the mobile app. Maybe a front end unit that talked to the back end.

Useful software

User friendly.

Pros

The product is very user friendly. A great value for product capabilities

Cons

Integration did take a tad longer than expected

What's Up Gold Log Management

Very satisfied.

Pros

This solution allows for the easy aggregation of Windows Server, workstation, and network devices.

Cons

It is primarily focused on the Event Logs Windows for servers and workstations. If you want a different view in to the network, such as those unrelated to Windows, you may need to purchase an additional product.

Great as a network monitoring tool

WUG is the best solution we have found for the price we are able to pay.

Pros

This tool helps our organization to know when any switch or router on our network goes down, enabling us to keep our network up.

Cons

Enabling monitoring on just ping is not at all intuitive and there is no way to verify it without downing a device.

WhatsUp Gold

I am a happy to continue to use the product for such minimal expense.

Pros

The multitude of alert you can set up. Alerts for down systems, up-time monitoring, resources, etc.

Cons

Sometimes setting can be a little difficult and not straight forward such as using scripts