Zapier Reviews - Page 3

2,073 reviews

Straight-forward Automation for Any App

Overall, I am pleased with the functionality of Zapier and will continue to use it to automate a majority of tasks. It's a robust platform that saves time and maximizes the functionality of your software.

Pros

In my opinion, Zapier is the best web-based provider of API automation and featured a huge library of existing connections. Because of this library, if you want two services to connect, you probably can with Zapier. Building connections with Zapier is also a breeze and are done so in a visually intuitive manner that makes working with an app's API easy for virtually anyone.

Cons

There are a few items on my Zapier wishlist. First, I wish that users had the ability to select the type of test data available when developing a zap. Some workflows call for conditional filtering and it's not always possible to test those filters using the test data Zapier makes available. Second and last, there have been a few scenarios where Zapier hasn't been able to parse data as I need it to. In these cases, I've had to resort to using Microsoft Flow which offers some advanced features that Zapier does not, albeit at the cost of a smaller integration library.

Automation superhero, from the mundane to the awesome

Overall Zapier has brought the fun back, and the mundane and repetitive tasks like email parsing and automation tasks like simply putting a list of event attendees in a Spreadsheet are now effortless and at my fingertips. By using Zapier I have reduced the number of hours needed on the administrative side that every digital agency has to take care and also the number of people needed to fulfill the tasks (and their mistakes).

Pros

If you are developing an app that consumes an API Zapier opens the way to any possible integration out there. No more "I like this software but won't integrate with what we already have". With Zapier you can be going in a finger snap, moreover, you can develop your own integration if they don't have the one you need. With a webhook, a webhook listener and custom code (you will find it easy if you...

Cons

Sometimes the integrations are really shallow, the Triggers and Actions are often really limited. It's a bit annoying when you find an already existing connection like the one you need but you don't have the trigger or action needed. Another annoyance is the Test data pulled by Zapier, often Zapier pulls the most recent information and in cases that data can be useless due to an error on your side, you will want another batch of data or ordered differently but that is not always possible.

Zapier just works for what it works for; doesn't do much else but doesn't need to

Overall I'm happy with Zapier. The above limitations mean we won't every rely on it except for the odd integration here or there - for the most common integrations there is usually an existing API web hook integration in whatever apps you're trying to connect, limiting the need for something like Zapier to intermediate (i.e., why would you use Zapier to intermediate any Slack integrations when everything under the sun already has its own Slack integration?). Having said that, Zapier is a very cost-effective solution if you want to have one or two simple integrations running on it. So we'll keep on using it most likely.

Pros

Zapier works very well for the most common, supported, pre-built integrations. If you want to run a Zap linking (say) HelpScout and Slack you'll have no problems whatsoever.

Cons

For custom integrations using web hooks, Zapier is a little lacking. E.g. if you want to link HelpScout with a chat app other than Slack, you'll find that you are extremely limited in configuration options. For example you can't say something like "take field X from the inbound HelpScout JSON and stick it in field Y on the outbound chat app JSON", which (to me) seems like a pretty obvious thing to support.

Zapier automations

Pros

This is the best software to automate the back end of products. Automation for my clients is my key feature to reduce the obligations that Business owners have in their every day work. Zapier is hands down the most comprehensive product on the market.

Cons

Zapier has some stiff competition that is significantly cheaper. As a business owner the bottom line and my ROI are always on my radar for efficiency. As far as use of Zapier I have no issues, the cost of Zapier is quickly becoming a concern in continuing service and not going to other options.

Everyone should be using this

Zapier is amazing. I would recommend this to just about anyone as it is so robust. I can have it do just about anything for me. The simplification of tasks that are so monotonous is incredible. It's one of those convenience factors that you don't need yet couldn't imagine living without.

Pros

I came across this after using Clickfunnels as it is one of the suggested automation, and my only regret is that I haven't been using this for years. The ability to automate almost anything under the sun is invaluable. Being able to get notifications on a personal slack channel every time someone takes a specific action on one of my landing pages, every time an ad converts, every time my email service...

Cons

No real cons to speak of. The only thing I might suggest is making it more user-friendly when starting out figuring out how to create custom zaps (automation) I remember this seemed a little counterintuitive. However, this is a non issue given how valuable this is. It is a wonder this hasn't been done before.

Zaps make my life easy!

I've never had to contact customer service at all. Totally self service app for me. Easy to figure out and implement.

Pros

It's so easy to use, so effective, and has an impressive reach in terms of partner apps for your zaps.

Cons

In some cases, the web interface leaves a little to be desired. For instance, I use zaps as a go-between from online forms to text files in a dropbox folder. When I'm mapping out longer text files, it can be really tedious to have to scroll all the way up to the field selection button to select each field. If that button was locked permanently on the side of the menu, it'd save like an hour of my time for each document I map out. Zaps work great once set up, sometimes you just have to do some annoying tedious legwork to get to that point.

With Zaps, seemingly everything is possible! Efficiency and automation at its finest.

Pros

As a small business owner (and sole employee/operator), any time I can be more efficient and automate tasks to improve the customer experience, I am all ears. I've found Zapier to be a great solution for a reasonable price to give a nice touch of customer service to my new customers and manage tasks automatically for me to save me time and make me much more efficient. For example, when a new customer...

Cons

The price point for the lowest paid subscription doesn't break the bank, but it's kind of a step to take once you start taking off and exceed your quota of free "Zaps."

Powerful but Intricate

Zapier has saved a lot of time implementing automated reporting for our company. We have multiple Zaps that run multiple times each day across several different platforms like Facebook, Amazon, Google Drive, and other DSPs. If we didn't have a solution like Zapier it would cause a lot manual work for our team as well as remove some of the reporting metrics and platforms we are able to provide to our clients.

Pros

There are countless integrations so most things you want to set up are possible, whether it's through email or specific apps you are using like Google Drive, Facebook, etc. Zapier also provides a lo of information on all your Zaps and if something goes wrong you get an email. For simple applications, it's really easy to set up!

Cons

Not super user friendly because of the intricacies of the platform if you have a complex Zap. They also don't give you a ton of support so you do have to figure it out for yourself if something goes wrong. For example, if a Zap gives you an error there are so many possibilities on what went wrong so you do have to be patient and troubleshoot yourself.

Automates literally everything!

Absolutely love this product, as does everyone else I know. It’s the perfect solution to automate all your tasks in a high volume business. Also think it’s a rock solid company, great customer service.

Pros

Easy to use for someone not overly technical. Clean UX/ simple/ intuitive/ no bugs/ perfect to handle all my mission critical tasks/ no lag/ rock solid automation tool.

Cons

Additional charge for zaps over a certain monthly limit is a bit annoying for a highly seasonal business. Understood from a commercial perspective why you do this, but I’m miles under the limit for 90% of the year, but then blow through the limit in our two peak months.

Maybe the most important cloud software tool on the web

Pros

The most amazing part about Zapier is that you can (almost) make any technology stack your own. No more is anyone stuck in one bloated and overpriced marketing tool. Nor do we need to plan out an entire business before getting started. If it links with Zapier, you can probably link everything together at some point. Zapier has literally saved hundreds of hours and I am a very modest user with a small handful of Zaps.

Cons

The downside sometimes is the lack of push-pull syncing, i.e. data is triggered and passed in one direction. It'd be great in future to be able to also set up a couple of core apps to sync data between them, for example, keeping a mailing list and CRM in sync with each other. The user interface can also be a pain to try and find out what's possible. It gives you 'recipes' for zaps based on tools you select, but it would be much more intuitive to just be able to select your tools from the dashboard and look at the zap options right from the start, without having to start creating to the Zap to see what can be done.

Even with somewhat steep pricing, Zapier provides incredible value and usefulness.

We're automating much of our infrastructure with Zapier. Without it, we'd need a bunch of custom cloud servers running to connect all of our APIs together.

Pros

Connects just about anything to just about anything else. Nearly every piece of software we use that allows some sort of external connectivity is supported in some way by Zapier. We're doing things that would have required hours, days, or weeks of implementation time, and we're doing them within a few minutes thanks to Zapier.

Cons

Many of the integrations are a bit too limited or seem to be built in ways that require more zaps than I would prefer. For example, many integrations with project-based services (For example, GitHub or BugHerd) work on a single project, meaning you need to maintain zaps for all active projects. Some triggers that would be really useful are seemingly missing, requiring workarounds or extra integrations with even more services. Zapier's Email Parser is a great service, but isn't very accurate in my experience, though there are other services which perform the same functionality and integrate with Zapier.

Absolutely LOVE Zapier

We have an old cart that doesn't have an API integration. So we send our order notifications to mailParser and then use Zapier to connect MailParser to Infusionsoft. I have no idea how we would be getting this data in there otherwise. So. Helpful.

Pros

Overall, it's greatest strength is the level of support you get from their team. Every time I have a question, they respond with helpful tutorials, suggestions, advice for ways to make things better, and they help to simplify the complexity of what's possible. I love that everything is possible and that any system can be made to talk with any other system.

Cons

I think one of the things I struggle with about Zapier is that everything (literally everything) is possible through their connections. This means that I can do anything I can dream up. I think maybe sometime I'd like to have someone just build out a forest view of what kinds of things other people do with Zapier, so that I can let my mind roam and see what all I think up to do.

Can be confusing, but it's incredibly powerful.

Pros

I love how this software can create and trigger events between different software applications. I have this set up to automate a handful of processes in my business. One might think that only large businesses can afford to creat automation within their organization, but Zapier is making so that the average person can set this up in their own operations. There is so much more I want to learn to do with Zapier. It's nice to be able to set something up once, and then it continues to work for me with little or no maintenance after.

Cons

The thing I don't like about this software is that it's giving me serious FOMO about things that I know I could be doing with Zaper if I only knew how to use it better. I can see that Zaper has a lot of options and additional ways that I can help my currrent business operations, but it's kind of tough to get things set up the first time. Also, I will find that I spend a lot of time setting something up, and then I forget how I did it. If I ever need to go back and make edits, then I have forgotten the steps that I took at the beginning to set it up. It causes me to have to learn from the beginning about how I originally set this up.

Zapier makes my organization run! Automation heaven!!!

Pros

Zapier has become the standard for connecting one piece of software to another, as it allows users to quickly and painlessly integrate hundreds of hundreds of APIs. Doing so allows non-developers to create advanced automations and integrations between just about anything. With a little creativity, you can accomplish some really awesome stuff. For my organization, Zapier has saved us thousands of dollars on upgrades for existing or new software because our ability to quickly develop work arounds with Zapier.

Cons

While Zapier is amazing - it does have some real limitations and will never be a replacement for enterprise level software that needs full access to APIs. You are at the mercy of the triggers and actions available to you - and up until recently, complex conditional logic wasn't possible. Their path solutions is helpful, but clunky and difficult to you, particular if you are a developer who just wants to quick say if this then that and are accustomed to doing so in a couple of lines of code.

Zapier for ETL

Zapier has helped solve problems and reduced the need for engineering resources to automate jobs and processes. Zaps can be managed and implemented by anyone with little to no dev experience which democratizes the ability to streamline work. I imagine a product like Zapier become more prevalent in large organizations as we move towards "self-serve" ETL automation.

Pros

The most important feature of Zapier is the ability to connect into any data source and automate jobs. I have yet to run into a data source that I need that Zapier does not support. The jobs rarely if ever fail and when they do, you are immediately notified. We have a success rate of over 99.9% with all of our company zaps. The setup is a set and forget setup which enables quick integrations and saves countless hours of engineering bandwidth to automate jobs and processes.

Cons

The only complaint I have about the zaps is in one type of integration, there is a lengthy URL appended to the Zap which is a little annoying but not a deal breaker. I have tried to remove the URL from the rest of the information being sent with no success. However, the zap is still highly utilized by team members so we have learned to ignore the lengthy URL.

The software you NEED by your side

It has been excellent. It is not expensive at all. For few money you can connect a complete business to have control over every step.

Pros

What I like the most is EVERYTHING! Zapier just makes my life easier. It has so many integrations that you can do pretty much any communication with other apps. If I had to choose something is the ease of setting up a zap. It does not matter if you are not used to the app, it is very intuitive and step by step it tells when there are errors. It is a needed tool for well functioning of any project.

Cons

I don’t dislike anything. I cannot type anything here as my daily basis runs on zap communications between my regular apps.

Saved me a ton of time

While it may have taken me a chunk of time to set it up in the beginning (well, more time than I had predicted), it was well worth it in the long run. This tool allowed me to step out of a large amount of admin work (3-5 hours/week) and focus more on the work I loved.

Pros

I love how this tool allowed me to connect different software and applications that I never knew I could connect, which ended up saving me hours upon hours or admin work, freeing me to work on what I really wanted to focus on. I used it to connect my Formstack info to Trello, which cut me out of the middle of a lot of communication and data entry.

Cons

It was a bit cumbersome to get set up at first. It didn't seem easy as there were so many steps and tests to get it functioning (some of the tests would come back negative, yet the connection would still somehow work). I wish the process of connecting the different applications/software was simpler and easier.

The EASIEST Way To Automate

I have been using zapier for about 3 years to automate my own business as well as my client's. It helps me connect all the programs that I want to work with each-other without having to worry about whether or not it has a native integration. Their customer support is the best around and I love that they are always pushing to do more. New options and integrations come out all the time!

Pros

I use zapier literally every day to connect the different pieces of my business together. The best part of it is that it works with most of the major programs that you use day to day in your business, and most of those connections are FREE! If there is a way to make your day easier or more quick, zapier probably can make it happen. It is so easy to use and walks you right though the process of setting it up every time. I like to just go in and see what is possible sometimes with the different applications that I use because you never know what you could be automating!

Cons

At a larger business level zapier can get a little expensive, but honestly it is worth it.

Automation for humans

We use Zapier to automate several processes and hand off tasks between users. Within Slack I use the integration to add starred message as tasks in Todoist - this allows me to quickly and easily flag messages/questions as tasks when I am off the clock and have a reminder to follow up when I'm back at work without needing to re-read the prior evening's messages. We also use it to push scheduled events between calendaring platforms - currently we are an Office365 organization, but some systems we use need to link to Google calendars. Through Zapier I have it push any events created in Outlook/Office 365 over to Google. It is only one way, but that is enough for our needs and avoids human error/oversight in keeping two calendar systems in sync.

Pros

I like that Zapier gives you a decent level of control (not too many variables or too few options), and integrates easily and most importantly reliably with the other systems and platforms that I use.

Cons

I don't have any complaints really, it can take a few more clicks to set something up than what is possible using IFTTT but the more granular control and overall reliability more than make up for that.

Automate in a ZAP

I have 2 pieces of software that I LOVE but don't integrate with many third-party apps. However they do integrate with Zapier and Webhooks (which Zapier can work with). Instead of waiting for the apps to open themselves up, I can use Zapier to send data to the programs that need it, all without having to tinker with it every day. I set it up once and it runs for me.

Pros

Zapier gives you a way to make all your software work together in harmony. - Instead of waiting for apps to support third parties on their own, Zapier can take their input and send it to another party for you. - If you're building the app yourself, instead of support apps, you can integrate with Zapier to open your software to all kinds of integrations on minimal effort for you - Zapier has a large list of apps it integrates with. Need your marketing software to talk to your accounting software? It can do that for you. - Setup is pretty easy. You select your apps and processes in stages, testing along the way. So when you're done setting up the "zap" you know it will work. - It just works. But even if it misses a "zap" it will even tell you! So you can go in and fix it right away.

Cons

Zapier can get expensive when you start using it more. You can start with some free zaps, but as you grow so do your needs, which can add up if you're a solopreneur or a small team.

Incredibly useful and not difficult to implement

Zapier has transformed the way we think about what's possible to automate. Even better, our operations team is able to do much more automation on their own with the help of Zapier, without tying up our engineering resources.

Pros

Zapier is incredibly useful - we originally procured it for one specific need, but as we got more familiar with everything it could be used for, we've continued to find more and more uses for it. We've happily upgraded our plan several times, and it definitely pays for itself.

Cons

Honestly - nothing. The documentation is great, the tool is great, even the support team has been great. We get better support as part of a premium plan, so the basic support may not be as good, but for the price it would still be well worth it.

A solution for my Online order form database

Data organization into a Google Sheet is the function I use with Zapier. It allows my users to see the data in a sheet rather than a raw format through WordPress. Zapier appears to do much more, but this is all I have used it for to this date.

Pros

It solved the problem of converting entries from my Wordpress site into a Google Sheets form that my users can access. Prior to needing Zapier I used a Google Form which automatically sends data to the Sheet, but since I converted to a more custom form for orders, we still wanted to use Google Sheets to compile all the data. Zapier was the best option for this process.

Cons

I only need Zapier for a small function, but I am paying for much more services than needed. So the cost is a bit high for such a limited usage of the software.

It couldn't be any easier

Are you a content creator? Do you use social media in your marketing? I do, and I'm going way deeper in 2022. But it takes two things to publish on eight or more platforms every day. Time or another employee. Zapier is that employee. Simple to set up software that links your social media accounts using IF/THEN plug and play scenarios turns one post into eight in just a few easy steps. If you are a content creator this is an essential software to help you manage growth and sharing content, and if you are a small business owner I think this is a great way to get started on growing your social media marketing game.

Pros

Simple, easy to set up and use. Easy to connect accounts with plug and play functions.

Cons

Could use more social channels to connect, and options for older content. For example, IF you publish a new Youtube video, THEN share to Twitter. (But I'd like to be able to access and re purpose older evergreen content.)

Amazing tool - connects every tool to every other tool, tons of options, easy interface

Zapier saves tons of time for marketing automation and I have been able to realize through it different customer requirements regarding connection between different lead generation tools on customer websites.

Pros

This is one of my favorite tools for the past 2+ years. Have been using it on multiple marketing automation projects, to create a smooth automation experience between different tools. Like the ease of working, the vast selection of tools to connect (so far have not come across a tool I cannot integrate via Zapier), the intuitive errors displayed, the ability to find any errors in your setup after your zap is live. A truly useful tool and one that eliminated developers from marketing automation in my job. I have multiple times contacted support and the guys are also very helpgul.

Cons

Sometimes there are errors displayed that are not 100% easy to trace.. like connecting Facebook lead ads and not being able to find lead access issues for your account during the test period.

Digital Duct Tape for All Your Different Services

I can easily move my data around from service to service and make everything play nice together. Me likey. :)

Pros

It. Connects. Anything. To. Anything. Else. Wish your new email subscribers could be pushed to your CRM? Zap it. Wish you could get a text when someone buys your product? Zap it. Need pretty much any information from one of your online services to get on over to another one? Zap it. Zapier acts as the intermediary between nearly everything online. Apps and services figure write an integration for Zapier, and they can (via Zapier) integrate with over 700 apps and services. It's AWESOME.

Cons

Mult-step zaps require an automatic upgrade to a paid account. I get that. I wish maybe there was a volume-based jump into paid, but I can understand their position. The other biggest downside is that some apps and services' integrations are better than others, so the granularity of your data and what you can do with it will vary based on the apps your connecting. This isn't really Zapier's fault (other than maybe requiring more from apps that want to connect to it) but moreso the fault of the app that didn't make their Zapier integration very hardy.