eCourt

Web-based case management solution for the justice community

eCourt Reviews

Misty G.

Their friendly and knowledgeable staff are committed to your success. You will never be disappointed by the level of service you receive from New Dawn or in the quality of their products.

Dale F.

Love the ease of use and the features that currently available and those anticipated in the upcoming release.

Suzanne B.

Cons

Written sentence because due to a fire in our home I lost this paper and it is very important to me to have it.

felber m.

Misty G.

Our biggest problems appear to stem from our use of roaming profiles.

Mikal P.

4.3

JustWare - Just buy it.

Highly recommended. Case tracking just doesn't get any easier than this. It does so much more than just case tracking.

Pros

Since purchasing JustWare, our office has also purchased another software program that serves a different function for us. The experiences I have had with the other vendor have given me a whole new appreciation for the professionalism and expertise with which New Dawn Technologies operates. Their knowledge and familiarity with all aspects of the JustWare product is just phenomenal. Also, I would like to note that I had no computer or database training before I was selected to be the administrator of this system for our agency. New Dawn has excellent training for administrators and users alike.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Great product, but not 100% for Michigan Courts...yet.

Overall I would recommend JustWare to other Courts. My only advice would be to take time with data conversion. We were working with an unrealistic deadline which caused us not to be ready at go-live. Some users became very frustrated in the process and instead of enjoying the new system they are still bitter. Again, the staff has been excellent to work with to fix issues that may arise and...

Pros

Many features and tons of customizations. Most of the system can be used with very little training. It's very google-esque in it's search capabilities which gives users something familiar to work with. Document authoring using JDA is very simple and intuitive and makes creating or editing a document within JustWare very quick and can be as simple or complex as needed. Building basic reports within...

Cons

State of Michigan reporting has been difficult. Many reports have not been submitted by us to the State. We have been working with JustWare to get reports created, but we still have a little bit to go before we are 100% "State of Michigan compliant." If any other courts in Michigan sign up with JustWare they will have a much easier time as many of the reports are already created for Michigan. I still feel it is in NewDawn's best interest to work with us and SCAO to get these reports created so NewDawn can say JustWare is 100% Michigan ready.

Stop and think before you buy this software

Our Public Defender agency spent a TON of money on Just Ware. The employees call it Just Swear, Just Wait, and a number of others. The system is incredibly slow. You could create JustWare using MS Access and Excel with links and be money ahead - because that is all Justware seems to be. Very little automation - you are just making lists upon lists. It is a black hole of time and money. If you open a document from the file cabinet (which is very slow), you cannot simultaneously make a 'note'.

Spokane Municipal Probation Review of JustWare Prosecutor

1. Be sure you've thoroughly set-up and tested your systems before rolling them out. We've had to make complete and major changes since implementation, and this has been confusing for our staff. 2. It's ideal to have a dedicated IT person to help with reporting and data issues. A person with SQL knowledge is a bonus! 3. This is a great program with immense capabilities. Try looking outside of the box to fix issues sometimes. The NDT staff is wonderful about brainstorming with you too!

Pros

There are a ton of capabilities with this program that we are only tapping the surface of! Since our purchase of this program, our department is almost paper free! The customer services from NDT is phenomenal. You actually get to talk to a person and they are always so willing to help all of our questions...no matter how trivial or how difficult. The reporting functions and capabilites are fantastic. Being able to search on our "Case Correspondence" has been a great tool as well. I've newly discovered the power of Business Rules as well. I highly recommend getting to know how these work, because they are a great way to minimize some work for others in your office if used properly!

Cons

Our Probation Department shares a database with the Prosector's department. There are many capabilities for partitioning information from each other, but since we are in a "Prosecutor's" database, we've really had to spend a great deal of time and research manipulating input procedures so that this database fits our needs. I believe those who made the decision of putting us on the same database were trying to save money in the long run, but we'll see as time passes if that decision will have more negative repurcussions in the future. I would like for us to be on our own database....but the darn economy! :)

I have no idea what "Review Title" means.

Unquestioningly, a superior product viewed from any angle. Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of any user. Rich in data detail JW leverages the input into a return of data in most any form desired and can merge that data into an endless list of desired documents. We use the product live in court every day. We walked away from paper files and do not intend to go back.

Pros

JW is richly flexible and can adapt to most any requirement. While its reporting capabilities can strain the limits of a non-IT mind, those same capabilities make JW 'THE PRODUCT' for those with access to IT personnel or those willing to take the time to work with support in reaching the solution desired. Standing squarely behind a rich and evolving product is a support staff well qualified to answer questions and ensure that the buyer is able to attain the desired performance from JW. Standing directly behind them is a development team dedicated to continually raising the bar in JW capability, speed, ease of use and customer oriented features. The bottom line is a solution that exceeds both needs and expectations.

Cons

The product is so rich in capability it is very difficult at times to absorb all there is to offer. Webinars do a great job in demonstrating capabilities, but in an hour much is left unsaid. Continuing education in JW's more powerful, yet challenging areas of Business Rules, Reporting, and Custom Document drafting would be of great assistance to users whose IT support is split between many applications or those unable to afford serious internal IT support. Whether that continuing education took the form of additional documentation, programmed online learning, demos, all or more -- this area should be explored and developed.

Office Manager, staff of 21

I would highly recommend JustWare. It is user friendly and can be set up to each person's needs. Customer service is excellent. JustWare is very flexible and is limited only by what you don't think of!

Pros

JustWare was our choice for case management software after reviewing their product and two others. JustWare provides an easy to use database for the clerical staff and enables them to easily generate documents for the file. We have several reports specific to our office needs that provide information for grants and victim/witness information for our attorneys. Current name and address information is...

Cons

Multiple defendant cases have some issues with the copy case feature and each defendant does not always have all of the same information. Our implementation was rocky; staff members were resistant to change.

Justware Probation and Parole

I would reccomend this software to anyone who is looking to make their job easier. This software allows you to spend time on more important issues rather than having to be behind a desk sorting through paper all day.

Pros

Our agency implemented Justware several years ago, and it has totally changed the way we do business. We are now mostly paper free, and in today enviroment that is a huge step toward going green. The program itself is so easy to learn even for people with limited computer skills. We have everything at our fingertips with no more flipping through folders and trying to find what we are looking for. We can now just get it at the click of a mouse. Don't know what we ever did without Justware.

Cons

That we didn't use Justware sooner!

Into the Future with JustWare

JustWare has enabled our office to become more efficient. We would recommend New Dawn Technologies to any agency that is looking to upgrade to a very powerful tool to help manage their workflow.

Pros

We went live with JustWare on May 10, 2010. It was a bit rough for the first couple of weeks, but only because it was so different from what we were using before. We are still in the process of tapping into all the great tools JustWare has for our office to run more efficiently. We are very happy with the GREAT support we have gotten from our Implementation Team (The A Team). They have all gone way above and beyond helping us to make our transition go smoothly.

Cons

So far...nothing and I don't anticipate that there will be many cons if any!

Just getting started with JustWare

As an admin just starting with JustWare and still in the implementation phase, I have had a great experience with not just the software but also the staff at NewDawn. From the start they have been there to answer every question along the way. Software wise, I have had the pleasure of giving multiple presentations of the software to our user base. Each time I have learned new capabilities and have been more and more impressed by these features. I'm very excited to finish the implementation and learn even more. I highly recommend NewDawn and JustWare.

EXCELLENT PROGRAM

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a high volume of cases or clients that need to managed accurately and efficiently.

Pros

JustWare allows our users to easily enter, track, and generate reports for all of our cases. The events tab alleviates the need for paper generated calendars and prompts users when they have an appointment.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives with our program, it fits our needs perfectly.

JustWare 4.6

I would highly recommend this product to any prosecuting office that is interested in increaseing effiency in the workplace. But I also highly recommend they have an IT person on staff who is willing to assist administering the program.

Pros

The JustWare Prosecutor program has really helped our office streamline repititive document production and manage our caseload. I really can not imagine our office without it. JustWare Prosecutor is the central database for all our criminal work. New Dawn Technologies is always looking for ways to imporve the program and provide features users would like to see implemented. It can do much more than what we are actually using it for. I would like to change that!

Cons

New Dawn has an excellent support team; however, the administrator for the program needs some IT experience or at least feel comfortable operating outside the normal office lingo. For JustWare to work the most effectively in an office, I believe there would need to be at least one person in the office solely dedicated to administrating JustWare, writing documents and reports for the program, and assisting users with their JustWare needs.

comments

It is great since we have gone over all the humps-the hardest part was getting everyone in our office to change some are computer geeks and some are NOT. but It has been along 5 yrs for us and I have to say that 80% of our office uses the Justware system and like it alot.

Pros

We share database with the District Attorney's Office---I have pro and cons. I would not share database-I recommend going solo because we have to report tons of stats for our State and they don't. So data entry is very important---but overall I really love the system it suits our needs.

Cons

When anything needs to be upgraded we have to wait for the District Attorney, because it is their database---we use Justware more then they do-- we also just recently started using the financials part of it and so far so good--the only problem I see is I would like the financials to be case related and not name related. If that were to happen things would be great. Because, sometimes the same defendant can have several cases with different dollar amounts and have to be paid first. When it is name related it allocates all on the same screen. I would like seperate allocations for each case.

Oklahoma District Attorneys Council

Handles our districts' needs for a central storehouse of case-related information and the ability to produce court documents with very complex specifications. Financial transactions, including creating financial obligations, taking payments from defendants, and generating payments to merchants and victims are fairly straightforward and easily processed. Ad-hoc reporting and data queries as well as database administration require the support of an IT staff with knowledge of SQL Server.

Pros

Excellent customer support. The Sales/Marketing team has been a valuable resource as guest speakers at our conferences and board meetings. Programmer/developers have worked extensively with us to customize features to meet our needs.

Cons

JustWare Prosecutor needs a user-friendly query and export feature built into the product so that ad-hoc queries can be created and run by the average user. Beyond the standard reports, users should be able to choose criteria to query on, and have export options such as excel files so that they can further manipulate the data.

JustWare Court

The personal attention received from New Dawn has been impressive. I had anticipated that after the contracts were finalized, we might be "just another customer", but that could not be further from the truth. Tech support answers the phone on the first ring - no 20 minute hold while waiting for your call to be answered by someone in India. They truly desire that you not only buy their product, but are happy with it for years to come.

Pros

Feature rich product. Easily customizable. Able to migrate several functions that we were performing outside of our case management system directly into JustWare. Uses readily available architecture - Windows Servers, SQL Server database, SQL reporting services, IIS. Pricing was incredibly competitive. Support is the best of any software product I have ever used.

Cons

As with any change, getting the end users to learn a new method of doing their work requires patience.

Almost 10 years of experience with New Dawn

No question,the best case management software for single or mutli-agency government use that I have seen in the last ten years.

Pros

Customer support is outstanding. This company is always looking to incorporate the needs of the users into product enhancements and is always willing to listen and assist in developing new business processes to streamline and increase efficiencies. The software itself is incredibly powerful and has more capabilities than most will ever be able to think of when they start. As you use the system, this power becomes a tremendous asset in customizing new uses without interfering with ongoing operations.

Cons

The backbone of the system itself is somewhat complex and will require at least one individual who is fully versed and receives ongoing training. To the users, this level of complexity is invisible.

Silt Muicpal Court Justware Review

I would highly recommend Justware to any agency. Because we are a very small agency I was concerned about the level of customer service and software I would recieve but I was not disappointed and I have been very happy with the whole process.

Pros

Having come from nothing to using Justware has been extremely gratifying. Justware has provided everything I needed in a software program and has made my case mangement so much easier and it has been great having all the documents I use on a daily basis automated for my court. The customer service has been nothing but excellent from the initial call all the way through training and support.

Cons

I would like to see a little more automation on some things, they are very small issues and my support team member stated they are things that are in the works.

NewDawn product review

I would recommend JustWare to any Criminal Justice agency. NewDawn is a good company to work with, and is very customer oriented.

Pros

JustWare is a very good product. It meets all our needs from Criminal, Juveile, Civil, and Victim Witness. The product is very user friendly and is easy to learn. The system can be customized for your specific needs which was one of the highest selling points in my opinion.

Cons

The upgrades and service releases, at times, create issues that were not there prior to the release. It seems that with each release some issues are fixed, but then others occur.

Our thoughts

I wish that support was handled a little better. Whenever we go through an upgrade we seem to have issues, and need to be persistent on getting the issues resolved. I think the support staff should have to enter every call in and you get a case number. I should also be able to view all cases for my agency and get updates on each of them. I really like that I get to call and talk to a person in support to start off with.

Pros

Knowledgeable employees that stick around and get it Ease for updating and customizing the product to fit our needs Ghostfill

Cons

very customizable, which is confusing is some instances.

JustWare

Over all, the product is really user friendly and I would recommend it.

Pros

Our office really enjoy using JustWare on a daily basis. We haven't had any problems since our last update.

Cons

Whenever we need a new report, it costs us. Also, I had to change all the reports from our original "Shazam" to "Report Builder" and it was really hard on me and very, very time consuming. I don't look forward to ever having to change the reports again. Also, when we had to change our forms over from "Hot Docs" to "Ghost Builder" it was very overwhelming.

New User

I came from another department that used another system, and an older system at that, and JustWare is a very functional, dynamic system. One that really allows you to compile information and use it critically, in real time, and without hassle.

Pros

I have only had a short time but the features really encompass everything we want to do. I like the force changes option, the filter for every snapin, and the stock and custom reports.

Cons

Some attorneys do not like the repetitive nature or duplication of information, specifically relating to notes or disposition.

Louisiana Office of Workers' Compensation Hearings

good product. good people.

Pros

The product is a fine case management tool but NDT's support department is its greatest strength. All its members have been unfailingly knowledgeable, courteous and willing to troubleshoot problems that frankly have not always been theirs.

Cons

Our biggest problems appear to stem from our use of roaming profiles. The product does not seem to work at its best level of performance with them -- however, NewDawn has shown considerable commitment to making it do so.

Project Manager

I would recommend Justware to any organization that,after through review and consultation with New Dawn Tech. believes it can be customized to meet their needs.

Pros

Strong ability to customize user screens and to create documents and reports

Cons

Needs improvement with the filing cabinet snap-in when it comes to downloading and storing CD's and DVD's DVDs can be copied into the filing cabinet using the static view and appear in the grid view as a link which generates an error message when clicked on.

Browser based eCourtPublic is one of the best softwares. Worth it . Very fast.

Pros

Sone features like courtroom processing and judicial dashboards are unique and out of the box. very good configuration and Setup.

Cons

More cloud configuration would be appreciated other than Amazon Web Services (AWS).It will give you more flexibility over resources and choice

Ford County Kansas Prosecutor office depends on JustWare

I have fought my elected officials for years to keep this program. The support team at NewDawn is awesome. They are always helpful and thorough.

Pros

Database is very indepth. Features are exceptional. The program is user friendly on the user side.

Cons

Information is hard to correct. Some errors entered can not be deleted. Reports and report building are very confusing. Not so user friendly on the administration side.

System Admin Training, Configuration Trip

I would recommend this company -- and this software product -- without hesitation.

Pros

Our implementation team from New Dawn Technologies has been fantastic. They are organized, follow through on assignments, are easy to work with, and they are extremely patient with us as we learn the new software. Their teaching style is exceptional.

Cons

None at this time.