FactBox Reviews

Great Litigation Software

I am a Michigan licensed attorney and have been practicing since 2001. Most of my practice is focused on business and employment litigation supplemented with employment law compliance and Internet related transactional work. In the middle of 2014, after years of using Lexis Case Map and TimeStream by Ntrepid, as well as other options (Word documents to create outlines, Excel to track data, etc.) I...

The facts about Factbox

Helps with organizing the elements of a cause of action / criminal elements. Link the elements to facts that support the elements. Also encourages you to think in the IRAC thinking process

Pros

It allows you to create your case / fact organizational paradigm for each type of case handled. Excellent for thought organization

Cons

I would hope that some of the reports generated could be formatted for how I would prefer to use them.

Organizing issues and facts

I was pleased with the ability to find important information quickly. I appreciated the ability to add detailed information to each link. The ability to organize facts and issues into a "tree" of the main issue with sub-issues was invaluable. However, the difficulty in keeping track of what documents were added to the program was significant.

Pros

FactBox allowed me to organize issues and facts to later come back to find important information quickly.

Cons

FactBox does not allow the organization of the imported sources or documents so I can quickly determine whether I've added the source/document to the FactBox database.

Great Organizational Tool

FactBox has been a tremendous resource to help me organize my case, including the key documents and testimony, as well as my own thoughts and ideas.

Pros

Easy to set up, lots of customizable functionality, quick loading and easily accessible outside the office, multiple options for viewing and organizing the same content (e.g., by date, by custodian/source, by issue, etc.), fantastic customer service.

Cons

The print options are less customizable, so font size, spacing, margins, etc. have to be adjusted manually each time. The navigation panel is also a little small and autoscrolls to the top.

FactBox Is Easy To Use And Helps Me Organize My Cases

It really helps me to organize complex employment cases

Pros

It is cloud-based so I can use it with my Mac and I have access to it from anywhere.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. My only suggestion is that the user interface could be upgraded and made easier to use.

Generates good-looking reports, easy to use

Simple, straightforward interface converts into a good-looking MS Word report, especially in "memo mode,"- making it a serious time-saver for report drafting (especially with its collaborative capabilities). Organization fields allow for sorting alphabetically, chronologically, by user-generated tags and by source, and can be done ad infinitum, and being able to reorganize like that allows for a much-needed "second perspective" when presenting findings. Like I said it's a simple interface, so there learning curve is quick. Easy to set up and get started on, otherwise haven't had too much customer service contact. Excited to see what kinds of updates they put out.

Finally!

Finally there is software that integrates with my workflow instead of making me change to fit the software. FactBox, as the name suggests, is fact-management software. It is also incredibly easy to use, unlike other litigation management software that I have used. FactBox is managed by a top-notch team and is very responsive to feedback. I had a request and was surprised to be contacted by a developer about implementing it. I strongly recommend FactBox to anyone who needs to manage large matters or just wants their cases to be better organized.

Factbox is the Future

I have been looking for a program to help organize all of the information we get on a case in a attorney views the information. And most importantly be able to access the source of the information easily. Factbox does that perfectly. An easier interface with Google Drive would be nice. Also by simply adding hour to the date field you would really help using it as a timeline. I am surprised the folks at Factbox haven't done that yet. But I expect they will. Great Tool.

Excellent Program; Great Tool for Trial Preparation

Love using FactBox and the ability of staff and clients to add to the facts, evidence and content. Makes preparing for trial a whole lot less of a headache and a big difference in my practice! Well worth the $$$!!

Factbox

FactBox is a great tool for organizing facts and case themes. It is also a good project management tool. It's very user friendly.

Great SaaS So Far

I am new to FactBox and just getting my new cases loaded but entering facts and linking them to issues is esay and creating a report or memo on them is very easy. Have not yet used it for collaborating with other lawyers or paralegals but that too should be a strength.