Filevine Reviews - Page 2

AD

Alexa D.

Constantly upgrading and improving

Pros

We came to Filevine from a different case management software system. We loved the look of our prior system, but it was not good for much other than document generation and assigning contacts to the file. We looked at a bunch of other options and even tried one before we went with Filevine. We have been using it since and I wouldn't recommend anything else. There is so much to like about Filevine: -...

Cons

The only con so far is directly connected to a pro. Filevine is customizable so the pro is that you can build it to match up with your office. The con that is connected with that is that it takes time to set it up.

We really appreciate this thoughtful review, Alexa. This feedback is so helpful. It sounds like you really put the time into finding the best possible platform for your firm, so we're committed to not letting you down!

DM

Dan M.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

New Customers still setting up

a growing company for sure and we want to keep working with them and our rep to make this product work for all areas of our firm (the base product is very PI focused)

Pros

great rep, [sensitive content hidden] has been crucial to our success with this software and a major part of getting us up and running and continuing on our path

Cons

training and implementation has taken quite a long time and we are still working on getting everything setup, this software will give back as much as your firm/lawyers/clerks/staff put into it. departments that put in the effort will get a lot of reward from it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful and informative review, Dan. We're so grateful for you choosing Filevine and look forward to supporting you and your firm.

Joel L.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Great for innovative personal injury firms with dedicated IT team--disastrous customer service!

I have a love-hate relationship with FileVine. If I did it again, I would not have made the leap to FileVine for various reasons. However, it's a great piece of software for the right firm --such as a mid to large size PI firm with a dedicated IT team. Essentially you are given a blank canvas with lots of options. It's not so good if you don't have the resources or IT team to build FileVine...

Pros

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. The UI is great and customization is the key to FV's attractiveness. You can built almost anything you want. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out.

Cons

There are no built-in automations such as in Lawmatics. The doc mgmt and calendar are worthless so we use Google Drive and G-Calendar instead. They haven't really done much to improve Filevine in the past two years whereas other software has been developed much more. They charge you extra for every little add on-- you get nickel and dimed to death. It's like when you go to a restaurant and spend $15 for a burrito. Dont charge me 75 cents for sour cream.

HK

Heather K.

Admin and User of Filevine at Law Practice

Filevine is pretty helpful in helping users understand the system. They hold you and your staffs hand in the beginning. The migration of data and start date took longer than anticipated. I hear this is common place. Overall, I really do like the program. The reporting feature is awesome. There is a bit of a learning curve. You have to learn how to "talk filevine" to get the data you want. There is so much about the customization that is super amazing. I think the best thing is that they take suggestions for improvement and are constantly upgrading the product. They do listen to their users.

Pros

If Instagram and Facebook had a baby, it would be Filevine. Filevine is easy to use and easy to customize. I love that they have a help desk chat feature. At least once a day I ask a question. They also feature a ton of articles and videos on how to use the software. It really has helped us to organize or data. The best feature has been the reporting function. There are a lot of good things about Filevine and I am glad we selected it.

Cons

Filevine is a program that is so customizable, you need a person on your staff to handle it. Select one person to dedicate themselves to learning and figuring out what you organization needs. When you get Filevine you really get the bare bones of the program. It is up to you what you do with it. You sort of have to hit the ground running. There are no templates like when you are using a web builder...

Abigail C.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Best thing to come out of 2020…

Overall, I could not be happier with our experience with Filevine. It has exceeded our expectations and truly helped our firm in the last nine months. We were worried about transitioning with our staff, but the process went very smoothly given that we were working remotely at the time. The customer support that we received during our onboarding and integration could not have been better.

Pros

My most loved feature of Filevine is the flexibility to customize it to fit your firm’s needs. It was extremely important to us to pick a case management software that allowed us to customize features based on all Case types that we handle. Filevine was extremely easy to learn and use to fit our firms needs. Additionally, the report writing and Filevine can be used by almost anyone. It is very easy to pull the information that you need in a very short amount of time.

Cons

There are a couple of newer features in Filevine that could improve. For example, the calendar section in Filevine is something that we currently do not use because of confusion on its integration with outlook. Additionally, I wish that Enterprise automation was a little easier to use.

CD

Christina D.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Filevine Feedback

It is a big step up from where we were but Filevine has a lot of work to do with making the system work for a large firm. It seems like many major things are geared towards smaller firms mainly reporting and permissions levels and features offered to firms that handle litigation. EX Deadline chains and calendaring need ALOT of work. Notifications are overwhelming because you can't limit them...

Pros

Activity Section, communication with the firm, texting from each project, customization.

Cons

Templates are limited, Admin status is not ala carte, everyone has access to all reports, I have to use multiple reports to get information I need when I should be able to get everything on one report, doesn't support older document imports, doesn't support latest greatest iphone file types for photos, videos types from municipalities for PI are not supported, there isn't a button to create a simple...

Hi Christina, thank you so much for the feedback. At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work, but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We appreciate your honest review and will take the feedback into consideration for future product development and updates. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at reviews@filevine.com.

KP

Kitty P.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Best Legal Software... Period!

File Vine has helped push our law firm to one of the Best Law Firms in our area! But, shh... don't tell anyone how small we are. File Vine is a very top notch friendly group of professionals who go above and beyond and very happy to help their clients succeed. Very hands on with training, onboarding and 24/7 support. If you forget what you learned, their help section guidelines and online support...

Pros

Access our case files from anywhere, phone, tablet, and computer at home! Ability to text back and forth to our clients within their case file. One click generated Welcome letters, contracts, Medical records requests, Demand letters, and many more to reduce the repetitive tasks and time. Outlook calendar and Outlook emails dumped into our clients case files. The generated documents, sent to clients, signed and dumped in case files. Task flows and deadline chains with instant notifications to those who need to know. There are so many more features I like, I can go on and on.

Cons

File Vine listens to their customers and constantly improving and adding new features so there is not a lot that I don't like about them. They can integrate for you or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy, a little time consuming but it helps you to update and weed out your junk before transferring over to FV.

TM

Timothy M.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Cutting edge document management software

It's been much easier to save docs, store docs, and also retrieve files thru the search engine. The activity feed is a must have feature and is simple to add. I also love the ability to hashtag certain docs with passwords such as for medical records and the various views you can see docs in (one page, side by side, etc.) Our overall experience has been excellent, looking forward to continuing improvements and continuing to master the software.

Pros

The product was easy to use and was installed and integrated with the assistance of our IT professional. The features I find most impactful are the search capabilities between individual client folders, the ability to see multiples calendars at once without overlapping. I also love the activity feed to post and get up to date on the latest events in every case without having to search endless folders and screens. I could go on and on but it's also very simple to upload docs as it's a simple drag and drop from anywhere on your PC directly into the specific client folder you need.

Cons

The one thing I continually don't like is when I open a client folder, I'm unable to sort the documents in date order. At times, I need to go back to a certain date and the docs don't sort in that fashion or stay in any sort of order. I like how the docs tend to group by how you name them, but would love to see a date sort added.

KI

Kimberly I.

Love Using Filevine

Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing! Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for!

Pros

The integration of this product was a bit agitating because it was hard to implement Time Matters documentation into Filevine. Once it was finally complete, however, it has worked like a charm. The Filevine team were also very understanding to our specific dilemma and did what they could to pull all the data we needed from Time Matters.

Cons

I wish it were easier to do the templates. I just don't have the time to enter all the codes needed and honestly don't fully understand how to do it, so it's a bit difficult.

RP

Randy P.

Great Product that Continues to Give

My overall experience is great. I do wish that there was more available support.

Pros

I handled the development for our PI department and I found the support page and the training sessions that you can sign up for were very specific in what they were teaching and were very helpful. When it came to launching and training my staff, I found it a lot easier than expected.

Cons

I don't like that we are not told when there is a bug that your team is working out. For example, fax and email attachments were not going into our folders from the feed. When we reached out to report the issue, they were already aware of it and working on it. Meanwhile, we had no idea how long it had been an issue so we had to go back thru the activity feed of all our projects to make sure everything...

KS

Kristina S.

Good Answer to a Small Practice

Communication between employees with tasks that can be entered per client helps to keep on top of things. Everything is organized, which we like, so it streamlines the process. Most work involved is simply setting the cases up by entering data but t's all fill in the blanks

Pros

We like that this software is mostly customizable. We are a small firm and do not need all the bells and whistles that large firms might utilize so it is nice to design the format for how we do business. Mostly, we like that, since it is in the cloud, we can work with it no matter where we are which was a huge help in 2020 while working at home.

Cons

Improvements are being made all the time and if there is an area that needs improvement, we can enter it at the website and it will be reviewed and changed if enough people agree with our assessment. So there's not a lot to dislike as most are small things that don't affect the overall production. Maybe that the yield section determining settlement could include liens.

TK

Tom K.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

If you have at least a little tech savvy, Filevine is the best

I love the product. Period.

Pros

The ready customizability of key features of the platform (database structure, document generation, reporting, deadline and calendar management, and so on) can really, really compound your team's efforts and reduce errors by forcing folks to do things the right way every time.

Cons

There are plenty of features that could use one or two little tweaks that would make things easier or better for my use case, but nothing that makes me grind my teeth on a regular basis. The one thing that I wish was consistently better is user-support related to the API. The general customer support and how-to articles are fantastic. The API documentation is OK, and the team is knowledgeable, but it can be hard to get them because, I assume, they are quite busy.

RW

Richard W.

Used other for 1-2 years

Run - Do Not Walk - From Filevine

Using Filevine was a waste of a year that I wish I could have back. A complete disaster. Make sure you have a backup of all documents you give them or upload into Filevine. My experience with Filevine is that they check ethics at the door and will say and do anything for a sale. They only hold the keys to all of your practice's information and documents, so best of luck with that.

Pros

Literally nothing. At the end of the day, Filevine was the most expensive version of Dropbox or Box - not a practice management solution - possible, so, if that is of any interest, read on.

Cons

Filevine indicated to me that they were very experienced at migrating data over from the practice management software I had been using. A YEAR AFTER retaining Filevine, it was still NOT done and was a complete disaster. If you ever want to see your documents again, run - do not walk - from Filevine. A YEAR after retaining Filevine, they still had not done any of the customization that they promised,...

Hi Richard, in looking at your experience, we'd love to address a few items. We reached out many times and were unsuccessful in reaching you, and even flew our Director of Implementation to San Diego to help you design your template to fit your needs. The visit was pre-planned and confirmed with you, but we are sorry if it still seemed a surprise. These efforts, along with many trainings and hours...

DR

DAWN R.

FileVine Rocks!

FileVine has finally brought our firm into the 21st Century!! We are now able to streamline our intake/sign-up process; easily manage/maintain our documents bringing us closer to our goal of being a paperless office; more efficiently communicate with our clients; and keep our paralegals on track with managing case loads. The sales team and support staff were absolutely amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the FileVine team went above and beyond to accommodate our firm, including, providing 3 separate demos to make sure EVERYONE involved in the decision making understood what was going on. LOVE. FILEVINE.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Input and updates to case info super quick and easy. The most efficient CM software I've used in the 25 years of being a paralegal. LOVE the customization

Cons

Honestly haven't found anything I don't like yet. Only thing I would like to see...only to accommodate some of our old-school staff, is some type of integration or syncing with QuickBooks. I believe it is available but is time consuming (on the programming end) and expensive?

EP

EOWYN P.

SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST

ALTHOUGH THEY ARE VERY NICE, THEY DO NOT NEARLY HAVE ENOUGH STAFF. THEY ESPECIALLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF. IMPLEMENTATION WAS A STRUGGLE AND I HESITATE TO ASK FOR ANYTHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS. HOWEVER THE PROGRAM ITSELF HAS BEEN GREAT NOW THAT IT IS IMPLEMENTED (IT TOOK OVER 9 MONTHS FOR US TO GET UP AND RUNNING AND COST A LOT IN ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE AND OVERTIME FOR OUR STAFF).

Pros

CUSTOMIZATION (A BIG ONE), REPORTING, EASE OF TRAINING/LEARNING FOR STAFF, KIND CUSTOMER SERVICE, SYNCING WITH OUTLOOK, DOCUMENT DRAFTING AND ORGANIZATION, STAFF PRODUCTIVITY MONITORING, DOCUMENT MERGING AND EASE OF CREATION OF TEMPLATES (ALTHOUGH MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT FULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN OR YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE THEM OVER AND OVER).

Cons

CERTAIN THINGS DON'T MAKE SENSE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED. EX. NO SPOT FOR SUBRO LIENS IN THE DRAFT CLOSING TAB, SORTING OF REMINDERS IS OLDEST TO NEWEST AND YOU CANNOT FILTER FOR OPEN REMINDERS (SO YOU HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER ON AN OLDER CASE TO GET TO THE OPEN REMINDERS), CAN ONLY ASSIGN ONE COST/TRUST ACCOUNT PER ORGANIZATION FOR SYNCING WITH QB (EVEN THOUGH IRS REQUIRES A SEPARATE ACCOUNT PER CLIENT...

Hi Eowyn, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that implementation was a difficult process for your firm. We hope to continue making improvements to our implementation process so that things are smoother in the future, but we're glad to see that you're getting value now that everything is set up. We read through the issues you reported and spoke with our team. Your Customer Success Manager and our Head of Support said they had a few ideas in mind to could help. Our Director of Solutions Engineering also mentioned they'd be happy to take a look to find ways we can improve the setup or workflow. Let us know if you're interested in hopping on a call. Thanks again for being an awesome customer. We hope that we can continue to make Filevine even better for your team.

ER

Eric R.

Game Changing Software

I used TrialWorks for over 11 years with my prior firm and started my new practice with it. Within a couple months I demoed multiple other case management software's for my personal injury practice. Filevine was by far the most superior out of all of the choices. I am very pleased with the Filevine.

Pros

The software allows you to have a birds eye view of everything going on in the cases in my office. It also allows me to run excellent reports and manage teams efficiently and effectively.

Cons

The email integration is not the most ideal, but it has gotten better. Sometimes the document generation is slow.

GW

Ginny W.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

BUYER BEWARE - FALSE, MISLEADING STATEMENTS TO GET CUSTOMER TO PAY & SIGN FOR 3 YEARS

We had a terrible experience with Filevine. The representatives are outright dishonest and lying to the customer just to make the sale. After countless hours of training we were told their forms software was a link to a California Judicial Council forms website. We were going to use the software for forms and billing. We tried to terminate the contract during the training phase within the first few months because the software is significantly deficient and Filevine had outright misrepresented its capabilities. They refused to terminate the contract initially and then agreed to terminate contract but kept our money.

Pros

Billing software was easy to use. Customer service was good until a conflict arose due to Filevine's major misrepresentations to get us to sign contract based on false statements. Their demeanor changed once contract termination was requested based upon their fraudulent conduct.

Cons

Does not have promised forms software which was one of the primary reasons we signed the contract.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Filevine did not meet your expectations. We do our best to inform our clients and provide them with information to make the best decision for their firm in their purchase. We do wish to reach an amicable solution and continue to stand ready to work through this.

TM

Thomas M.

Filevine Review

Overall Filevine has been great. Implementation was a beast but after you get through that process its smooth sailing and only minor tweeks are needed to maintain the product. Since it's cloud based it has been a life saver as far as remote workers. As long as the user has an internet connection they can access all of the law firms cases and Filevine manages all updates and security.

Pros

What I like most about Filevine is its high level of customization. We migrated to Filevine from Lexis Nexis Time Matters and we were able to map every field in Filevine to an existing field in Filevine. We did not lose ANY functionality of data availability when we migrated, which was our primary concern when we first purchased the product.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was the implementation of the product. This may sound like a contradiction since I said what I liked most about the software was its customization abilities, but setting up the product required one of our employees work full time on the setup for over 3 months. The Filevine implementation team was great but the setup required so many customizations that it required multiple months of product customizations, then testing, then remediation and then the process started all over again for another case type. Disclaimer : We set up a LOT of case types in Filevine.

TC

Tiina C.

Love Filevine!

Pros

The ease of use, the ability to text clients and receive responses, the document sharing ability. Being able to put emails in the project with the project email address. Being able to use the product anywhere I have an internet connection and it being fully functional.

Cons

Doc merge is not very intuitive. When things stop working, it takes a while sometimes for it to be fixed. Still waiting for the ability to save received emails to the project by searching.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Tiina! We're thrilled to hear that you've found the platform to be easy to use, accessible, and beneficial for your client communication and document sharing needs. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Love the document handling but we are having to move on due to a host of other issues/

We had high hopes for FileVine but we are having to move on due to the multitude of issues identified already. Also, Zapier integration is so basic we can't even really create any workarounds.

Pros

The document handling is amazing - this is why we purchased this solution.

Cons

First and foremost, good luck getting anything done with their team. I don't know if they are understaffed or just don't care but as other reviewers have noted, the customer service is terrible. We have billing issues that no one will resolve. We signed up for an automation service (add-on) and it's been over a month and not only have they not started the project, they haven't even assigned anyone to it.

Spencer S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Filevine - hard sales push promises more than delivers

I was intrigued to try this program. I did a demo and had numerous sales calls. It was an aggressive sales pitch. I finally said I'm intrigued to try it out which required me to pay over $2,000 I figured if it worked then it would be worth it. Well after a few days of use, it was clear it did not do what I expected and I did not like using it at all. It was my mistake and thank goodness I made them...

Pros

In theory it offers customization. I don't doubt that it does. It has some limited document management abilities.

Cons

They charge you for "implementation" more than the cost of the licenses. I'm not a programmer or computer science graduate but consider myself competent with programs like this. My philosophy is that if I must be "trained" to use it, then it's not an intuitive program. When I had an issue, the customer service person - who seemed helpful - told me the only way to troubleshoot my issue - the documents...

Hi Spencer, we are sorry to hear about your issue with Filevine. At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We understand your frustration with the sales approach and are actively working to revise that. Additionally, we hear you about paid implementation. Filevine is a powerful toolwe charge for implementation because we take a hands-on approach to migrating legacy data and ensure instances are set up so our customers can launch seamlessly from day one. We appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at info@filevine.com.

RS

Ryan S.

Filevine Review

Great. We have greatly increased efficiency and client communication. It is helping us grow and we have seen a definite increase in revenue.

Pros

I like the flexibility and customizability of Filevine. We have developed tabs and taskflows for several different practice areas that each require unique processes. Filevine is easily customizable and it is intuitive to develop on your own once you get a feel for the basic functions. I also like the texting feature. It enhances our client communication.

Cons

I wish it had mirror fields so that we could enter the information in one static tab and have the other tabs refer back to that information without having to reenter it multiple times.

NB

Nohl B.

Law Practice, self-employed

Takes Your Solo Practice to the Next Level

With Filevine's help, I've been able to increase three-fold the number of active cases I feel comfortable handling. It's a great product, with a great support team. I would highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you already have a billing program you like and don't want to change.

Pros

This software adapts to the way you practice law. You don't organize your cases the way a vendor tells you to, you do it your way. You use your own, trusted, time-tested checklists and processes. But Filevine takes what you have built over your career to the next level by allowing you to streamline intake, and standard tasks you do in every case. The best way I can put is I don't need to cut-and-pate any more. I just click a button and I'm ready to serve standard sets of discovery. I don't need guess whether we ordered a court reporter for a deposition. There's a "Yes" or "No" button that says we did or didn't. I don't even need to manually check when we last did something on a case--I just click a button and a report tells me when the last activity occurred.

Cons

The set-up time is significant, especially if you are particular about the way things need to look and feel. But that's to be expected for something you can customize from the ground up. Outlook integration could be better, but it has improved since I've come on board. All signs indicate it's going to continue to get better.

MB

Matthew B.

Filevine review

Pros

Ease of use and lots of options to assist in optimizing your case management system. I love the all in one type nature of Filevine and its continued effort to improve and increase offerings to clientele. Most functions are very intuitive and there is a clear vision to help law firms automate all sorts of tasks that take up time.

Cons

Some of the additional functions are not as developed as I would like. Some issues do not appear until you actually get to use and play around with the new function. Also, some of the automations and small fixes are slow to get implemented.

Hi Matthew, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback!

DS

Daniel S.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Filevine has optimal case management and document storage

Filevine is fast and reliable, and flexible enough to organize non-case projects and committee processes.

Pros

Filevine is easy to use, continually adds any tools needed, and I've never encountered any problems retrieving case documents or managing case organization.

Cons

I didn't encounter anything that caused any problems, so no complaints.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Daniel! We're so glad that you have found Filevine to be easy to use, reliable and flexible, especially compared to previous software. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm moving forward!