Filevine Reviews - Page 3

MT

Michael T.

Used other for less than 6 months

Horrible Waste of Money

See above. The entire experience was awful.

Pros

The option to turn on a texting feature for a matter was nice. Of course, the text would end up in a spot of the file that was unhelpful.

Cons

My experience with Filevine has been atrocious. It started with what can only be described as deliberate misrepresentations during the sales process. They do a demo of a product and then you get your product and it's nothing like what they promised. Here's a glaring example: I go into the system to start keeping time and send out invoices and I can't get into the billing section. When I report the...

Hi Michael, Filevine is invested in long term partnerships. Communication is important and it appears that the understanding between the parties was not clear. We do want to take the opportunity to address your concerns. I am aware of the Training you are referring to and it is not the full training our clients receive, rest assured we are happy to ensure that happens at your convenience. As for the functionality of our billing, and email features, we have some exciting releases in the near future and are continuing to release advancements. We would encourage a conversation and the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your feedback, it helps us improve our communications and the future experience of our clients.

SV

Stacie V.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Perfect for our small firm!

Fantastic program! Everyone at the firm agrees.

Pros

I was introduced to Filevine by a colleague several years ago. I immediately was interested. After getting the information and meeting with my boss. We began the process of converting everything into our FV portal. It has been a god-send on staying up to date, getting documents from clients and having everything all in one place. We love it!

Cons

Would love to send mass texts to all clients.

SM

Savannah M.

Office Manager Review

I think Filevine is an amazing product and we are all extremely happy. While there are definitely some features that we would like to see added and integrations that would be helpful, we wouldn't think of switching to anything else.

Pros

Filevine is so user friendly! It is easy to teach to new employees and really does a great job at keeping the staff on track! I love the Taskflow and our ability to customize it to fit our systems.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the Organization of documents. Maybe our firm just needs some training on how to make this work for us, but so far it is not helpful.

DD

Douglas D.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

life saver

I have really enjoyed using Filevine. We previously used Clio and Netdocs. Filevine runs circles around them.

Pros

Filevine greatly improves my teams productivity and ability to serve our clients.

Cons

A product is only as good as you are willing to learn and utilize it as a team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, Douglas. We're so glad to read that you've enjoyed Filevine and found it to enhance your team's productivity and client support! We look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

JR

Jared R.

It is great at its strong points. It's number of strong points are increasing.

The PI department in my firm (my department) has used Filevine for about two years now. I think we were one of its first users. My firm also uses Clio. Clio has some real strengths in trust accounting and thinks like that. But Clio doesn't hold a candle to Filevine when it comes to communication. Filevine absolutely shines in the area of communication. That is an area where Clio and other...

LR

Lee R.

Big Fan of Filevine

Pros

The case-specific email tracking link is a lifesaver.

Cons

The report building is challenging and has prevented me from using it to its fullest potential.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Lee. We're thrilled that you chose Filevine and find its features to be cutting-edge. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to grow alongside you and your firm.

LB

Laura B.

Love Filevine

Pros

Flexibility and user friendliness are my favorite features.

Cons

Nothing. We have had no issues with this product.

Thank you so much for your review, Laura! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying Filevine and find the platform to be flexible and user-friendly. We look forward to continuing to support you!

SS

Stephen S.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

The diamond standard of legal practice management tools

Filevine has made me far more productive and prolific as a practicing attorney and allowed me to focus on what I am most interested in about the law, because the burden of the drudgery is so incredibly reduced.

Pros

I honestly don't have time to list everything I love about FileVine. The learning curve was not so much about Filevine as it was about how the firm did business. Filevine is so intuitive and easy to learn. Everything about it makes sense. If there's ever a process we have to tweak or revise or add, it's so easy to do.

Cons

I really can't think of any significant downsides to this system. I'm just grateful to have it. Every day.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Stephen! We're thrilled to read that you've found Filevine to be the diamond standard and that its made you more productive and prolific in your practice. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm moving forward!

ER

Efrain R.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

A good all around product but needs some more work.

Overall it's better than most software I've tested/demo, but pricing is a bit out of tune with smaller firms.

Pros

The customization and ability to control many aspects of the projects from top to bottom.

Cons

There are many hurdles to get from point A to B when the idea isn't implemented into the software. Also, the way you make everything a la cart for services.

dc

debbie c.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Try Filevine you won't be disappointed

I first heard of this at a webinar. Still didn't look into it until 2 years after that. All and all I wish our firm had started using it sooner than we did. Most exciting is the fact that as a office manager I see more and more resumes coming into my office showing applicants have trained on Filevine

Pros

case management side. This tool allows us to reconstruct our files from beginning to end sucessfully

Cons

nothing about the tool itself. It is very relevant that staff fill out all information per file

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your informative review, Debbie! We're thrilled to read that you've found it to be beneficial for your case management and organization. We look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

AC

Ann C.

Great case mgmt. software

Pros

Filevine has made a huge difference in our law firm, and has helped us tremendously. It's very easy to use. Has amazing features. It comes in handy when you're not close to a computer you could just log on in your phone.

Cons

To be honest I haven't encountered any difficulties throughout the time we have been using this case mgmt. software.

KB

Krista B.

Filevine - The perfect "virtual" Case File

Very satisfied.

Pros

So easy to navigate throughout. VERY customizable per legal field. Integrates wonderfully between other legal platforms.

Cons

Updates are often hard to adjust to after we conform our process and procedures around the features of Filevine.

KW

Kimiko W.

Lots of love for FV

Pros

I love the functionality and how customizable Filevine is. Everything can be customized. The text features are great too, it's always so nice to be able to read back and reference texts between the client and attorney or the client and myself.

Cons

We set it up a couple of years ago and it was a bit of a learning curve to get it the way we wanted it; but once you know how it all works it gets much easier.

DC

Deborah C.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Great Software for Case Management

Overall, I think Filevine is a great program. I love handling files digitally. I have worked with other programs and this is by far my favorite. I think since we started using Filevine that our cases are moving more smoothly.

Pros

There are several features I like about Filevine. First, I really like the daily feed which tells me what is due, who is working on the tasks, and if the tasks is accomplished. Secondly, I like the ability to pull up a case and see exactly what is going on. The activity feed is awesome. I like being able to get a complete view of the medical expenses and providers.

Cons

I wish the system captured injuries differently. I would like to see a tab just for injuries which would allow for notes from dr's records, client communication, etc. Also I would like to see a "planning" tab which would allow the attorney and paralegal to indicate plans for handling the case and the client.

MM

Meghan M.

Review of FileVine from an Attorney's perspective

Overall, our firm is better off with FileVine, but the transition was slow, very disruptive, and not nearly as easy as promised. That was the biggest problem for us, the amount of work required by a team of people on our end to transfer data from our old system to FileVine, and then dealing with all the things that did not transfer or transfer correctly, and then the amount of time it took to get assistance from FileVine staff to fix the problems

Pros

Task management and being able to have a running to do list with tasks linking directly to a client file that I can then access with a click of a button.

Cons

Not being able to see activity in the activity feed and not being able to have it in chronological order. The system does not work as I expected when it comes to being able to get communications out to a mass of clients at once. Seems there should be a way to generate letters on a mass basis, as well as send emails on a mass basis.

GC

Gloria C.

Best Case Management System

I enjoy using Filevine. It has allowed for our office to become really productive.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the bcc email address associated with each project. I can bcc the filevine project and it will appear in the activity for that project.

Cons

I think I need more involvement in what roles actually do for our firm.

EA

Ed A.

Used other for less than 6 months

THIS IS A SALES PITCH AND NOT A PRODUCT -- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MIGRATE DATA TO THEM

The worst part is the total lack of customer service. It might as well not exist. I am convinced that it is better to stay with an older case management system and embrace its flaws than it is to switch to Filevine. Look also at how many users have to hire independent implementation consultants to make anything happen. The implementation timeline and costs are therefore very dishonest. If there were a class action suit against them I would happily join it.

Pros

It seemed like a highly customized and intuitive interface. I wanted to be able to ditch a server and have an integrated practice management system, and one I could use through the web.

Cons

After a very detailed questionnaire about your practice, the delays piled up one after the other. Mid-April becomes mid-May and then July or August. It feels like outright fraud. Look at the reviews or the Filevine users Facebook page. Only people who start a new firm with no files have a good experience at implementation. If you decide to get this, you should insist on NOT paying until you are up and running. They will lie to you about the timeframe and about what can be customized. They will.

JH

Jessica H.

Overall Thus Far...

I really enjoyed the training. I'm looking forward to learning more about utilizing FV to its full potential, tips and tricks to help in customizing our firms FV to make it work more conveniently and effectively for our team and our firm.

Pros

FV seems very user friendly and efficient. So many capabilities allowing you to stay w/i FV and ie share folders, send out for electronic signature, PDF edit, combine, etc. All really cool features to be more effective and efficient.

Cons

Surprised that when saving a document into a companion case that is already linked to the primary case that you would have to search each case to also "copy" the document there as well instead of a "copy to all companions" option. Like you can save a "note" across the board to all companions attached.

DN

Daiane N.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

FV is a good tool for organizing files and case management

Pros

It Can be customized as needed, we can organize the files and documents and it's easy to use.

Cons

It does not organize a chronological line of facts, sometimes we have to look for information

TL

Tina L.

Pros and Cons

Pros

Product is easy to use and I like that you guys are always updating and adding new features. The editing tools such as page extraction and being able to combine documents now is also really helpful. The fax integration feature is fantastic. It is a great way to organize and work your file and keeps all team members updated on the file status and tasks completed and done.

Cons

Right now, I can't highlight PDF documents. I deal with large documents and must extract and highlight pertinent information. Support has told me to adobe to highlight which creates an extra step for me just to highlight a document I am already in. Also, keeping documents and sending documents in a chronological order is impossible. We need to be able to create tab numbers in a brief format which will stay when shared with others (i.e. physicians and defence counsel when serving our affidavit of documents).

Ryan M.

Law Practice,

Filevine is the backbone of our practice.

I get the ability to move my cases quickly and in a way that produces repeatable results. There is a huge increase in our efficiency and organization.

Pros

Filevine's feed is deceptively simple. It looks a ton like Facebook. But that's part of the genius. We had trouble getting our team to use other case management software. They would take notes in various programs. But they have all taken to Filevine. The ability to send texts to clients from the feed is game changing for us. We love the document automation and workflows. We recently connected Filevine with Domo to give us best in class automated visual reports for our KPIs. We enjoy the ability to share tabs with our clients, experts, and referring counsel. Filevine allows us to scale our processes. We are very satisfied. Customer support is first rate. I used Clio for almost 6 years.

Cons

Sometimes data has to be entered multiple times in various fields - like birthdates. This is a small annoyance. I do wish that Filevine had an intake tab that functioned like Lexicata to allow our clients to enter in some of their information without us.

KB

Kim B.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Use of FileVine

It is very user friendly.

Pros

There is the capability to have more than one tab open at a time without messing anything up on the original tab. Each tab has several drop down menus for labeling. Once trained on the system it is user friendly. I like that we can access anywhere that you have internet, especially with the Pandemic last year when everyone was shut down, our Firm was still able to work from home.

Cons

There should be a way to not change across the FileVine Board. It should be up to each organization as to what they want on their program. I don't like the new calendar at all.

SD

Scott D.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Not ready for prime time

Its as shame because Filevine could truly be great. But they do not seem to focus on meeting their customers needs.

Pros

Filevine is very customizable. It is very easy to ad documents to the system from outside sources and its reporting capabilities are pretty good.

Cons

The customer service is useless. They will not talk with you. You have to send them a detailed message and then they eventually respond with a vague response that does not address the problem. Load time to view documents is extremely slow. They refuse to connect with third party PDF software so they can make more money charging you for their clunky PDF software that does not work. Using their document assembly system is cumbersome because they do not have merge fields. It is extremely difficult to customize the system. There is more but there is not enough space to describe all the cons.

BS

Bea S.

Excellent-A+

Filevine has been, and continues to be, easy to use, customizable to our firm needs and always implementing new features to meet todays everchanging technology needs.

Pros

The software is very customizable and if it doesn't do what you need or want, the FV support team is all ears. In fact, I have reached out to support regarding our particular firm needs several times and every time they have created a feature to fulfill that need. FV is always evolving, improving and adding new features.

Cons

FV is not without flaws, of course, but FV support team is Fierce and ALWAYS been on our team when we have had issues and has always provided or created resolutions.

Thanks for the awesome review Bea!

LC

Laura C.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Practicing Law for 24 Years, but 1st Time with Filevine, & I Love It!

I love Filevine. As the title of my review says, I have been practicing law for 24 year and have used MANY types of document and case management software. Filevine is by far the easiest and most user friendly.

Pros

Extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, easy to search

Cons

Just the fact that I do not believe I have been taught all that I can do with it. I had trouble figuring out how to save and replace documents, but I now know.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Laura! We are thrilled to hear that you love Filevine and find it to be user-friendly compared to the other case and document management software you've used. Thank you so much again.