Filevine Reviews - Page 3

Easy transition from antiquated case management software to FV

I feel like I have a better grasp of what's going on with any given file. That being said, the files are only as good as the information put in them, so documentation is key.

Pros

Having come from an old, antiquated case management system, I love the diary aspect the most. I can make notes/tasks and easily refer back to them. My favorite feature is the text and e-mail option -- I literally had to cut and paste e-mail and paste to a Word document so they were accessible to all. I love being able to sort my tasks by complete or incomplete and also sort via hashtags.

Cons

I wasn't involved in the integration. If I'm making an entry and want to check information elsewhere on FV, I have to open a new tab or save that info and return and edit it. While this isn't hard to do, it's a little cumbersome. When working with liens, I'd like more options such as payors and corresponding amounts.

Was exactly the fit we were looking for and seems to constantly be adding new features.

Pros

The best thing about this product is the fact that it's fully web-based. Gone are the days of needing a beefy back end and/or an SQL server to host the databases. Now all of your data is secure and in the cloud for easy access for attorneys and their staffs.

Cons

The biggest con with this software was the setup. They sold us on a seamless integration, which is never the truth, with a dedicated handler. To put it plainly, our installation was not pretty. Lots of delays and having to really push to have certain items exported from our former client management system and entered into the proper fields within theirs. Was it worth the headache of making the move, absolutely, however it could have been handled much better in my opinion.

Filevine for Case Management

Once you figure out how to best use Filevine for your particular business I feel this to be a great case management product. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Purchased product in December 2018. Once it was determined how best to utilize Filevine has become indispensable. User friendly. Checks all the boxes for what we had hoped it would accomplish for our firm.

Cons

The only negative to speak of was the rollout itself. Not alot of guidance back when we purchased the product. Finding our way around Filevine for implementation was pretty much left to us.

Filevine Review

Pros

I love the texting feature so that I don't have to give out my personal cell phone number.

Cons

I don't like that the calendar doesn't alert you to upcoming appointments like our previous program did.

Filevine is the Bomb Diggity

It is awesome and perfect! We love it!

Pros

The integration - being able to fax, save as a PDF, preview and rename documents, & send secure documents (such as contracts via Vinesign) directly from the case is amazing and saves me more time than I could have ever imagined. Not to even mention texting directly from the case and a secure email address that delivers right to the case, and settin gup the TASK list... Filevine has become part of my daily life - I come from a Needles CMS platform and Filevine was so easy to learn!

Cons

Probably the Mailroom - not because of anything you guys did or did not so, but because it's always full! :)

Wonderful!

I especially like that it's web based and accessible anywhere. Seeing what everyone has done on the project/file is beneficial and the search options are great.

Pros

It's easily customizable. If we need something updated or added due to a change in precedent or process, our team is able to update easily. Everything I need, especially precedents, are saved and accessible in the system.

Cons

The feed. I don't need to see email's I've sent or received in my feed. I also don't need to see faxes that were "successful", only need to see faxes that did not go through, failed, busy, or no-answer, so I can re-try or send another way.

Great Product

It is great product that offers us the benefit of operating online. Helps with organization and efficiency. We are able to communicate with client professionally as we have their entire file available. Customer support is really awesome. I rely on [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he is so nice and helpful every time.

Pros

So many features that make our office more productive and efficient. The customer service is so wonderful. Filevine is user friendly and enables us to have two offices working together on clients and are able to see the entire file online.

Cons

Creating reports is somewhat difficult. I just got introduced to report fusion so that will probably help.

The Best Software Out There!

Spectacular. Couldn't really be happier.

Pros

Ease of use once its setup. It doesn't everything that other software can't do. I am in the process of automating (docgen and fusion) my documents to make my life easier, which will be great once I'm done.

Cons

A collection section within a static section would be great. Accounting for flat fee and contingency based billing would be great.

Great experience

I think it's great but it would be nice if we could have one file rep for a long time and not keep switching every couple of months

Pros

I like the fact that it is very simple, it's black and white. Not confusing. anyone can use it. It makes sure that you can save everything to one type of program and not 20 differnt ones

Cons

There are more fields that we can use, that we don't at this time. I feel it's a waster not using all the features

Horrible Waste of Money

See above. The entire experience was awful.

Pros

The option to turn on a texting feature for a matter was nice. Of course, the text would end up in a spot of the file that was unhelpful.

Cons

My experience with Filevine has been atrocious. It started with what can only be described as deliberate misrepresentations during the sales process. They do a demo of a product and then you get your product and it's nothing like what they promised. Here's a glaring example: I go into the system to start keeping time and send out invoices and I can't get into the billing section. When I report the...

Hi Michael, Filevine is invested in long term partnerships. Communication is important and it appears that the understanding between the parties was not clear. We do want to take the opportunity to address your concerns. I am aware of the Training you are referring to and it is not the full training our clients receive, rest assured we are happy to ensure that happens at your convenience. As for the functionality of our billing, and email features, we have some exciting releases in the near future and are continuing to release advancements. We would encourage a conversation and the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your feedback, it helps us improve our communications and the future experience of our clients.

Great Sorftware

Overall it has been great to use and has helped navigating files very convenient.

Pros

It keeps all of my files organized and is easy to navigate.

Cons

There was a recent update which the photos that come in. We used to be able to drag the photos from the page they were opened on. Now, we have to hit download and when another screen appears, we can drag the photo from there. It is now an extra step.

Excellent Training and Implementation of updates

Excellent Document Management program.

Pros

Trainers [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are extremely knowledgeable of Filevine and have a very good idea of the needs of a personal injury firm. They have been very helpful and have made our process easy and friendly.

Cons

So far, I don't have anything negative to say other than I find the Quickbooks integration expensive.

Thanks so much for the positive review Ana!

Build Your Perfect System

Pros

I like that you are able to make changes within Filevine to reflect how you want your company/employees to operate. The software is like building blocks, so there are many different ways to configure your company system. The customer service individuals are also very helpful whenever there are questions or problems with the software.

Cons

It can be difficult to figure your way through the software by yourself and when first transitioning to the software, the learning process is very time consuming.

Very user-friendly with great tech support

The convenience of being able to access case information on the go - all of it - notes, documents, contact information, etc. It's easy to maneuver as well so you get your info quickly.

Pros

Easy to learn, can be tailored to suit your needs, and is a one-stop shop for all of the information and pertinent documents for your files. You control what's inputted and it can be as much or as little as you want/need. Support is quick to respond and very helpful. All issues that I have experienced have been quickly resolved.

Cons

The software is still evolving so there are minor issues that pop up - not bugs, just things that could be improved. That said, every issue I've noticed and called to support's attention has been resolved by the team promptly.

Amazing case management software program.

Case Management organization and shared case information. The link between clients, we now know what clients are associated with a case and we can switch from client to client in a click of a button.

Pros

I was hired as the office manager for a small law firm. As of today, we are still in the beginning process as we have only had this program for about three months. There is so much to say about Filevine, it is an amazing case management software program. I especially loved that we were able to set up a template for our firms needs and desires. Everyone here has adapted very well as it is very easy to navigate and learn. If you need help organizing your case files this is the program. Reports are great as you customize the reports you want as you need them. Most importantly, always great and customer service support.

Cons

The biggest issue we have is that when we are in the case information section you must hit the save button or you can potentially lose everything you entered, it does not do an auto save, not even when you up-load documents.

Getting Filevine up and running

Pros

we moved from no file system at all to Filevine, and are about 2 weeks in to using the system. so far, our favorite aspect of the software is that we now have almost all case information in front of us when working on a file, from intake through resolution.

Cons

Implementation was very difficult and time consuming. The software is very customizable, however my experience was that we really didn't know what it was going to look like/function until it went live. We are a few weeks into using it, and there are still many aspects that need to be completed before we can fully use the system.

Perfect software to stay on top of the game!

Pros

I love that is easy to Navigate, the prompts that 100% customizable, which works for us. In today’s world, full of technology, I love the fact that we can text each client (privately) to keep them update with the case.

Cons

Faxing- we have to go into each contact to make sure the fax number is first in line, if not it won’t fax.

Best Litigation Case Management Software I have used

Pros

Software is user friendly and easy to modify to meet our specific needs based upon file types, etc.

Cons

Would like to see the tabs on the left side work better together with each other, pull information from one another so that data doesn't have to be updated in more than one location within a file. OCR features are still limited, not functional on all PDF documents. Would be nice to have a tab for client correspondence so that it's not just a search of the feed to find prior conversations.

Plain and simple.

There's no better option than using Filevine. Everything I need is here.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate, Organized and functional. No need to go email apps for sending emails, SMS etc. I can send in an instant.and read it directly thru the platform.

Cons

Less option on customizing text. Viewing docs directly is kinda slow, better to download it.

Great Tool

Pros

Ease of use and efficiency. Product is great for keeping in touch with clients.

Cons

adding features needs to be easier. As well as the auto generated letters.

Best Case Management Software for Law Firms

I've been using FileVine for over a year and I couldn't be happier. I've used a bunch of other software, including Abacus and Clio, and they don't come close to FileVine. The best part about FileVine is how customizable it is. The staff is also super friendly and responsive. Highly recommend trying it out.

Pros

Customizable. Web-based. Friendly and responsive staff.

Cons

Because they are so customizable, once in a while you'll have a bug that needs to be fixed, but it's never been anything big. Minor issues like duplicate contacts, but they are quick to fix.

Filevine is GREAT.

The law firm I work for signed up for Filevine about 6 months ago. One thing I love about Filevine is that there are constant efforts to improve the software. Each firm can customize their case set up to their specific needs. It helps with client contact the texting feature is so easy to use and our clients love it! We can track all aspects of a case and have the information readily available. Customer service is also amazing! Whenever we want to make adjustments or submit a new doc gen it is done within 24 hours. Filevine has really changed the way we manage our cases for the better.

Pros

Easy to use. Client friendly. Information is readily available.

Cons

Multiple tasks. I feel overwhelmed sometimes looking at the tasks that need to be completed. Even though they are usually duplicates.

Observations on Use of Filevine

It provides a shared space where everything that is produced and received is store. Everybody in the office can access any document.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use, and would be easier if we actually used the whole set of features of the software. I like that all documents are shared and more broadly that we can share space with co-counsel or create a link to respond to discovery or experts.

Cons

A drag and drop feature to move (or copy) a file from one area to another.

Good Product, Easy to Use

I have used this software for more than 2 years, and I really how it allows me to organize clients' information so easily and securely.

Pros

Allows me to easily track the status of each case of my clients, and easy to track the billing of clients

Cons

I think the timer on the left corner could be set up better

Filevine Keeps Our Office On Task!

Everything has been wonderful so far.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Filevine!

We're so glad you're loving it!