Filevine Reviews - Page 4

BB

Brian B.

Filevine Review

Pros

Task management, customized reports, contacts much improved with latest updates.

Cons

Feed too cumbersome, Task reminders only show original task in email, not any updates. Also, cannot see who posted the note unless you open it. Activities are not listed in chronological order.

AV

Aneta V.

Thrilled user

Overall experience has been amazing. I would suggest that everyone use this program. you can manipulate it to do anything that you need it to do.

Pros

There is nothing NOT to like about Filevine. It is user friendly, easy to use, convenient, simple.

Cons

There isn't anything i can say that i liked least about FV.

KC

Kendra C.

What I wish we had available to us in FV

Pros

That I can see all of the information pertaining to our files with a few clicks of the mouse

Cons

I wish that information would be shared across tabs. I have to enter information in multiple times in multiple tabs and it can be tedious. For example on our Intake take we enter the police agency that responded to a MVA and then on the investigation tab I have to enter it again. I wish that info would carry over within the same project. Also, I wish there was a way /place to enter contacts for all projects to pull from - for example a hospital name/contact info I wish I could start typing the hospital name an FV would pull the hospital contact information from one central place instead of me having to re-enter all of the contact information for every new project where that information applies.

VT

Valeria T.

Overall, Great software!

I love it! It makes it so easy to stay organized and so easy to catch up when you've been away from the office a day or two weeks! I am able to keep up with my work and calling clients. It's just a great software overall. Would not switch from this!

Pros

I love that you can assign and change deadlines for tasks. I love that it's setup like a facebook profile page for each client. I love that it's easy to use! The best part is being able to make reports on your data.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative about this software. every function has it's purpose and each purpose is very valuable to the case.

We're glad that you're loving Filevine. You've got us glowing over here, thanks for the review!

TR

Tyler R.

Overall Positive Impressions, with Room for Improvement

Overall, my experience with Filevine has been very positive. There are some things that I think can be improved, but overall it's a very good program.

Pros

Secure cloud-based storage of sensitive documents, ability to customize layout and settings, drag-and-drop document upload, the ability to fax documents directly from the page (rather than relying on having to print and manually fax them), and the ability to auto-generate form documents (records request letters, etc.).

Cons

I wish documents, once saved to file, could be re-ordered manually, rather than just relying on their order of upload as the only way of sorting them within an area of Filevine.

Thank you for your review and feedback, Tyler. We're looking forward to continuing to grow alongside you.

BH

Ben H.

I love Filevine!

My overall experience with the system is fantastic and it's helped our firm become light years more efficient than my previous firm.

Pros

I love the organization of case notes, text to client, emails to and from the file, organization of meds, doc gen of pleadings and discovery, and much more.

Cons

It takes some time to customize it to your specific firm needs.

OE

Oscar E.

Best for Legal Case Management

Overall, great software and tool for legal professionals. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I use Filevine every day. It is very easy to use. I can upload all important case documents and review them at a later date. Don't know what I'd do without it!

Cons

There are times that Filevine crashes or freezes. It doens't happen regularly, but it's frustrating when it happens.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Oscar.

CC

Chelsea C.

Great File System

Filevine has made it much easier and simpler to organize cases and keep up with what phase they are in / recent activity made within the cases.

Pros

I like the project feed feature most as it helps make it much easier to keep up with the flow and organization of our cases.

Cons

I don't like the editing PDF feature because it is difficult to use, I usually use Adobe PDF to edit PDFs instead of Filevine.

BG

Brian G.

Stay Away from Filevine

Poor

Pros

There are not many pros that I can recommend other than texting to / from the software.

Cons

This is a very hard software to use. you MUST have an IT department.

Hi Brian, I am sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with Filevine. We strive to create products that simplify legal work, but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We value your honest review and are constantly working to better our products and service. If you need to contact us or have anything else, please reach out to reviews@filevine.com.

CL

Cassidy L.

Filevine

So far, so good. I am hoping that my DOMO rep reaches out soon.

Pros

I like the customization. Also like the faxing directly from the system.

Cons

Implementation was a long process. Would have preferred instruction on how to customize and edit the software first. Felt like the meetings were sometimes a waste.

PM

Paul M.

Paralegal highly recommends Filevine

I have used Filevine for more than a year now. It's the best case management software I have ever used. It's user-friendly. Managing cases and the dozens of documents, emails, records, etc., is so much easier with Filevine. The software is very efficient and easy to navigate.

Pros

Filevine is perfect for personal injury firms. Each client has their own file. The folders and subfolders make document management easy. It works well with Vinesign, the program's e-signature software.

Cons

I really have no complaints. I wish we could add a DOB field for defendants, not just our clients.

AA

Aaron A.

Intuitive Management Software

Ease of contacting clients along with emails direct to project pages to document all communications are extremely helpful in clearing up various discrepancies. Ultimately, this is a product that will maximize your returns so long as you fully exploit its functionality.

Pros

Ease of use, along with supported training videos and readily available customer support are some of best features of this product

Cons

If there is a way to streamline doc/mass doc generation with regard to entry of information in various fields. Some fields in different tabs are duplicates/almost identical and sometime it confuses staff over whether data entered correctly.

NS

Nicole S.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

This software checks all the important boxes for case management and document management!

Our business runs more efficiently with the use of this software. While the cost is higher than some alternatives, we couldn't find anything else like it on the market.

Pros

This is an intuitive software that allows for great customization. It's as good as your team makes it with ongoing upgrades released regularly.

Cons

PDF editing could be better with improved features and more intuitive menu. The calendar syncing to Outlook still needs improving.

AN

Artin N.

Law Practice, self-employed

The best

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customizing and catering it for your specific needs; the fact that filevine is always updating the system to make it easier for us, adding better features, etc.

Cons

Nothing. The price for some things could be cheaper, but that's about it.

ME

Michael E.

Law Practice, self-employed

Solo Practioner

Other than a glitch with keeping texting to the case file working for a few months, it has been very easy to use and helpful for my practice.

Pros

Filevine is very good at managing documents and case flow. Also, being cloud based, it is accessible on my phone when needed.

Cons

It requires an license fee for more than the number of users I currently have.

Michael, thank you so much for leaving this feedback. We look forward to continuing to grow alongside you.

KF

Kelby F.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Filevine Review

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Very user intuitive and keeps the work flowing effortlessly.

Cons

The reporting system takes some time to get used to and comfortable creating your own reports.

CB

Christa B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy transition from antiquated case management software to FV

I feel like I have a better grasp of what's going on with any given file. That being said, the files are only as good as the information put in them, so documentation is key.

Pros

Having come from an old, antiquated case management system, I love the diary aspect the most. I can make notes/tasks and easily refer back to them. My favorite feature is the text and e-mail option -- I literally had to cut and paste e-mail and paste to a Word document so they were accessible to all. I love being able to sort my tasks by complete or incomplete and also sort via hashtags.

Cons

I wasn't involved in the integration. If I'm making an entry and want to check information elsewhere on FV, I have to open a new tab or save that info and return and edit it. While this isn't hard to do, it's a little cumbersome. When working with liens, I'd like more options such as payors and corresponding amounts.

MS

Mitchell S.

Filevine for Case Management

Once you figure out how to best use Filevine for your particular business I feel this to be a great case management product. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Purchased product in December 2018. Once it was determined how best to utilize Filevine has become indispensable. User friendly. Checks all the boxes for what we had hoped it would accomplish for our firm.

Cons

The only negative to speak of was the rollout itself. Not alot of guidance back when we purchased the product. Finding our way around Filevine for implementation was pretty much left to us.

AL

Andrea L.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Great system to learn and grow with!

Filevine is a great asset to your law firm once fully customized. It grows with your practice.

Pros

The possibilities of Filevine's use are broad. Once you customize it and learn it well, it's a vital part of your law practice.

Cons

Learning the capabilities of Filevine requires an expert, especially the reports.

AP

Ashley P.

Filevine Review

Pros

I love the texting feature so that I don't have to give out my personal cell phone number.

Cons

I don't like that the calendar doesn't alert you to upcoming appointments like our previous program did.

PL

Patrica L.

Functual and ease

I would highly recommend the product in the industry.

Pros

What I like most about file vine is the ease of being able to stay on tasks with reminders and very well designed to assist with organization of your cases.

Cons

There are days that it runs a bit slow.

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Patrica!

LL

Lucrecia L.

The Best Legal Software for Law Firms

Reliable, user-friendly, self-taught, unlimited storage, the administrator can add as many tabs as needed, helps keep track with deadlines.

Pros

I have worked in three different Law Offices, as a result, I have worked with three different software. If I compare Filevine with the other two software, Filevine is the most user-friendly.

Cons

Honestly, so far so good. There are no cons

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful review, Lucrecia. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Filevine to be user-friendly, customizable and reliable compared to previous software providers! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to support you and your firm!

JL

Jane L.

Filevine is the Bomb Diggity

It is awesome and perfect! We love it!

Pros

The integration - being able to fax, save as a PDF, preview and rename documents, & send secure documents (such as contracts via Vinesign) directly from the case is amazing and saves me more time than I could have ever imagined. Not to even mention texting directly from the case and a secure email address that delivers right to the case, and settin gup the TASK list... Filevine has become part of my daily life - I come from a Needles CMS platform and Filevine was so easy to learn!

Cons

Probably the Mailroom - not because of anything you guys did or did not so, but because it's always full! :)

CL

Carolyn L.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

great software for the legal team.

It has been incredible and useful helpful and important.

Pros

The document and information management.

Cons

well for our firm we have to use it daily and just remembering every time to log in information.

So glad to hear that you've found the software to be useful for your team, Carolyn. Thank you for your review!

AF

Alison F.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

It has been pretty good so far. I think it will continue to improve.

Pros

I like that most things can be done through Filevine and I don’t need to use multiple softwares for cases or save documents in many different places.

Cons

I don’t love the tasking or notifications in Filevine. I think they are too hard to notice and are easily missed.

Hi Alison, thank you for your honest review. We are constantly improving the Filevine platform in order to simplify legal work. I am glad that Filevine is working out for your firm, and I will pass on your feedback to our product team so we are better able to serve you in the future. If you have any additional feedback, don't hesitate to reach out at reviews@filevine.com.