LeanLaw Reviews

4.72/5 (50 reviews)
Pros
  • Pricepoint is reasonable, so good value overall.
  • Very user friendly, and amazing customer service.
  • The cloud technology and the ability work with QBO
  • Ease of use and it integrates with QuickBooks well.
Cons
  • All good! So far so good and I really like it.
  • I can't think of anything...it works very well.
  • The company is still young and growing into the space.
  • Didn't find any negative issues. So far working as explained.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
James Perry

Great product

Reviewed 2019-02-26

I have had a great overall experience with Lean Law. They are very customer friendly, and have incorporated a number of our suggestions.

Pros
The program is very easy to use, and interfaces with quick books.

Cons
The program still needs a little work with trust account reporting

Simple to Use and Relatively Inexpensive

Reviewed 2019-03-11

Pros
We switched over to LeanLaw after using CaseFox (which is low priced, but glitches often). We found LeanLaw to be easy to learn, onbaord, and incorporate into our daily practice.

Cons
I have heard LeanLaw does not have all the bells and whistles that some of the other legal softwares have. That did not dissuade us because we were actually looking for something simple.

Daniel Tressler

Lean Law Makes it easy

Faster & easier billing!

Pros
Very user friendly -much easier to use than other programs used in the past

Cons
Offers lots of additional L&A codes that aren't compatible with my client's invoice program

Eric Kingsley

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Makes billing much quicker and streamlined

Pros
Very user friendly, and amazing customer service.

Cons
The Phone application is fine but it could be more user friendly to speed up inputs.

Scott Learned

Streamlines our practice

Reviewed 2017-03-27

I am a solo practitioner attorney with a paralegal. We used to use MyCase, but we recently stopped our subscription in favor of a la carte solutions. Our solution for billing and invoicing is LeanLaw and we both love it. It is easy to use and straightforward, and the LeanLaw folks have been very responsive to our questions or suggestions for additional features. With MyCase, getting invoices prepared and reviewed was a time-consuming issue, particularly if one of us, for example, entered a time entry against the wrong client. With LeanLaw, those issues are easily resolved with a few clicks. I've gotten compliments on our "nice, new invoices" now that we've switched to LeanLaw. They look great and the clients find them easy to use and easy to pay! Probably the best part is the streamlined accounting for trust accounting. It used to take so many steps to make sure the accounting was complete and accurate any time we touched a trust account. Now, it is simple and straightforward - a few clicks and everything is done. I would not hesitate to recommend LeanLaw to any lawyer who needs to track and invoice his or her time.

Jasmine Green

Every Law Firm NEEDS LeanLaw!

Reviewed 2019-08-12

Pros
What I like most about LeanLaw is how efficient it is! It allows me to keep my timekeeping in billing all in one easily accessible place! It is also very easy to understand and use.

Cons
There was not a single thing I disliked about LeanLaw. I believe it should be used by every law firm.

Frank Conner

Good Time and Expense Tracking

Reviewed 2019-05-02

It is easier to track time and expenses than QuickBooks and imports to QuickBooks for final billing.

Pros
The interface is easy to use and it has been reliable.

Cons
The end of the month billing is a little less than intuitive. It would be easier if the software walked the user through the process a little better.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Christina Ciceron

The customer support is extremely quick and efficient

Reviewed 2017-05-23

Quicker attorney invoices

Pros
We are now able to produce our monthly invoices so much faster! One key feature of Lean Law is that it ACTUALLY integrates right with QuickBooks! In fact, Lean Law seems to be designed with accounting integration in mind. That's a big bonus. The reason many lawyers use billing software over Excel is because it saves time that would otherwise be spent duplicating entries in accounting software. We are now tracking our time much better and saving a great deal of time and money on the creation of our monthly invoices!

Response from LeanLaw

So happy you enjoy the software, Christina. Thanks for the review.

Mark Ansara

A joy to use. Intuitive and incredibly user friendly!

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Pros
The program comes naturally to the least computer literate user (like me!). The people behind the product are amazing. I had a number of one on one conversation with the LeanLaw people. Each and every person I communicated with were consumer oriented. Getting a live voice each and every time I called boosted my enthusiasm for LeanLaw even more.

Cons
It goes to say that nothing designed by humans is perfect but I have yet to find anything that jumps out at me at this point.

Response from LeanLaw

Mark: for sure you are not the least computer literate person who uses LeanLaw software. So glad you're enjoying it.

Doug Rosenbloom

Reviewed 2019-02-27

LeanLaw serves its main function. It would be nice if the timers worked on the app.

Pros
Pricepoint is reasonable, so good value overall.

Cons
It would be very helpful if Leanlaw had a plugin or could work with Outlook or email clients to automatically capture billing for email correspondence

Response from LeanLaw

Doug, we have plans to integrate with Office365. This will allow for time tracking relative to email and word processing activities. We appreciate the feedback and your comments will help elevate this feature in our development pathway.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Clifford M

Best practice management software going

Reviewed 2017-03-23

LeanLaw is fantastic. I spent a long time doing detailed comparisons of different practice management software offerings (Clio, Practice Panther, Rocket Matter and the in-house offerings from LexisNexis, Westlaw). But LeanLaw won me over in minutes: - Its desktop time tracking tool is better than anything else I've used. It generates clean, editable dockets that look great in invoices. - Expenses are super easy to capture - Support is excellent. The LL staff are super responsive to questions and feedback. - Matter management is very simple and intuitive. - The Quickbooks incorporation is flawless - Trust accounting is solid - It's very affordable. As a newer program, there are occasional moments when I find bugs, but the LL crew is often responsive within minutes fixing it. Really impressive.

Best Software for Connecting to Quickbooks Online

Reviewed 2019-02-11

The team there is very helpful and available to help clients learn the product and use it to eliminate double entry...saving a ton of time.

Pros
LeanLaw is the only software that allows a two way sync with Quickbooks Online. Meaning you can mark expenses that are billable to a client as they come across your credit card statement and LeanLaw will pick those up and add to the invoice.

Cons
I can't think of anything...it works very well.

David Bird

Leanlaw is slick

Reviewed 2017-04-26

I moved my solo practice from Quickbooks to Quickbooks Online and started using Leanlaw. My time and billing is now a lot quicker, easier, and less time consuming. I have been using it for 5 months and find it easy to learn how to use, functional, and with good integration with QBO. Technical support has been knowledgeable and responsive, and the product continues to get better as more features are added. I'm particularly excited about the trust account integration that has been added recently.

Lisa Laredo

Great Product!

Reviewed 2019-01-21

Just started with Lean Law and so far it's been great. They are helpful when you get stuck as you are learning. The support staff was wonderful, patient and easy to go through what I needed to learn.

Pros
Easy of Use, easy to learn and great support staff!!

Cons
There is nothing so far that I don't love about this product.

Response from LeanLaw

Thanks, Lisa! So great that you feel good about the software. If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to call us.

Debbie Bondi

Customer service is the best!

Reviewed 2017-03-23

I've worked with many different software companies. LeanLaw is by far the most customer friendly. They have a listening ear and have made improvements within weeks of suggestion. It has been very easy to use.

Pros
Ease of use and it integrates with QuickBooks well.

Cons
invoicing appearance modification needs to be made in QuickBooks

Bill Berger

LeanLaw is proving itself a great product for my practice.

Reviewed 2017-07-03

Pros
LeanLaw integrates with Quickbooks. Their customer service is wonderful: Responsive, thorough, friendly and knowledgeable. They get what it's like to practice law and have built a product around a law firm's needs. For me it's been a great way to keep and bill my time. Thank you!

Response from LeanLaw

Billing on time. That's the name of the game. Thanks for the review, Bill!

Ed Craven

LeanLaw Review

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Lawyers who don't need a bloated software package to manage their business will enjoy LeanLaw. Their customer service and attention to features that improve process is notable.

Pros
The software's straight-forward design and intuitive interface is great.

Cons
The company is still young and growing into the space.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Mikayla Baker

Reviewed 2019-02-26

LeanLaw has come to be our third program in an attempt to get a clean software. We are very lucky to have such customer service and ease of use.

Pros
I love that it is very functional and makes everything clear for all parties to read.

Cons
I cannot find cons with this software that they do not address.

Ceyda Turan

Great software for Sole Practitioners

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
Leanlaw is very easy to learn, the demonstrative videos and the chat function make it very easy to get started in a few hours.

Cons
It is disappointing that one has to have a separate subscription for a second time keeper.

NICHOLAS LO VERDE

LeanLaw Simple and Effective

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
The user friendly interface and the ability to navigate between clients and matters.

Cons
Sometimes it is unclear whether I am reviewing a time entry for a specific client or for all clients within the specified time period.

Graziana Zito

LeanLaw - review

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Creating legal invoices with no manual workarounds.

Pros
The software is a great addition to the Quick Books system. This is a software for legal timekeeping that makes an attorney's life much easier! By linking to QuickBooks, this software brings every file and legal accounting information in sync.

Cons
Since I only tried the software for a short time, I did not find any con to list or discuss. LeanLaw is a good software.

Response from LeanLaw

Thank you Graziana, we appreciate your feedback! Even when we get good reviews, know that we are always working to make LeanLaw better.

Gonzalo Quiroga, C.B.

Great application with Excellent Support

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-02-08

No problems

Pros
Just began exploring this app. From what I've seen it is very simple and has nice shortcuts incorporated into transactions while complying with Trust Accounting rules. Their Support is excellent and documentation is abundant. Highly recommend it. Comment Yes, I recommend this product.

Cons
Didn't find any negative issues. So far working as explained.

Christine Hoke, CPA, MSA

Legal billing made easy

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-04-19

Visibility into billing for client work, connecting both the financials and the case work , for better ratios and business analytics.

Pros
The real-time sync with QBO. This product gives all the necessary information to the attorneys without them ever logging into the financial software.

Cons
More in-depth, customization on reporting. But this will come over time.

Great app

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Trust account reconciliation is super user friendly.

Pros
The cloud technology and the ability work with QBO

Cons
All good! So far so good and I really like it.

Quinton Swanson

Trying something new

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
I found this product easy to learn and adapt to your practice.

Cons
The limited number of "tasks" was odd, but we were able to provide our own descriptions for our clients.