MerusCase

Encrypted online legal practice management solution

MerusCase Reviews

Mayra D.

It is easy to hit the ground running with this software. It would be great to have a "helpful hints" option pop up when using a feature, like in Microsoft.

Mary S.

Gerardo R.

Cons

It's really hard to find much fault. I would say if anything, making it easier to find dates of loss and claim numbers so that their uniform throughout the system.

Bruce L.

For me, something I have noticed from the beginning was that after every update the software has crashed. I work for the Personal Injury Department it is not as user-friendly as it is for WC.

Marieli T.

I dislike when features don't work. For example, when I upload a pdf into the case, the preview is not always as immediately available.

Daniela O.

4.7

Smooth, Organized and professional

I learned how to handle tasks and assist attorneys in a clean and intuitive software.

Pros

I like how you can easily create new contacts and open cases in an effective and straightforward way. The layout of the Case Details tab makes it easy to find what you are looking for in a case. I love how MerusCase easily syncs with your email account and also remind you of important events coming up. The calendar is simple to use and can help you filter by person which is incredibly useful. Overall a very pleasing software that can increase productivity and help you manage day to day tasks.

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that at times previews of documents can be slow or delayed. If this could be fixed it would greatly speed up document processing.

Hi Gerardo, Thank you for your kind words. Here at Merus we work hard to deliver the best value to our customers. Within the past few days, we've redesigned our system to ensure that document previews render more quickly and display at 200dpi, compared to the 72dpi they were at before. You should see the difference the next time you open a document within MerusCase. Thank you for being a MerusCase customer!

Fantastic File and Document Management Software

I am very happy with this program

Pros

The transfer of documents and client/file information from the two different programs we used prior to MerusCase was fast and much cheaper than other options. The software itself is very intuitive to use and navigate and easily adapted to mimic our paper filing system.

Cons

I don't love the email function, but we don't use it anyway.

Swing and an unfortunate miss

Started well, company sold, purchaser is now concerned only about signing up new customers, not developing their capacities to support the needs of existing users.

Pros

The suite does what it says it does, providing a cloud-based medium for organizing case files, billing, etc.

Cons

The suite is only accessible with an internet connection and, while it started its development with promise, it has tried to be a jack of all trades, offering solutions for everyone without a strong enough feature set for anyone. Office integration is tenuous and new features roll out without any thought as to how existing users should go about applying new features to existing cases. Honestly, if we weren't so invested in the platform, I would have moved to a new provider a year ago.

100% Satisfied and Happy with MerusCase!!

i just love it.

Pros

First time user of Merus Case!! I've worked in the Work Comp industry for over 31 years and have used other case management, systems like A-1, Time Matters and Practice Masters and i have to say i just love MerusCase, its so easy to understand, everything that you need it has, Excel, Jet Filing (made easy), the connection to EAMS makes file set ups so fast and non tedious. The "best thing" that i love about it is the Open knowledge base!! =) i learned how to code and make my own templates just by watching the videos, whereas most other case management company's want us to call in and get training. thank you Merus you save us time and money.

Cons

that excel and word are not integrated within Merus, i really wish they would be, all in one. it would save time and when saving documents or just would make it easier and less mistakes for those working in the programs, its so hard to save from word to Merus.

Meruscase Software Review for Small Firm

Been a user for 4 years and have had nothing but great experience. Always dependable and functioning which is very important as it is the lifeline of our firm.

Pros

Very user friendly, efficient and complete

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I do not like. Great software for any law firm small or large

A versatile platform that WILL save your firm time and money if used fully!

I have implemented the MerusCase API for many different clients between developing integrations between MerusCase and office copy systems and creating custom reports for firms with specific needs.

Pros

The customer service is top notch, they go above and beyond to help MerusCase work for you. Any software and technology can be integrated with MerusCase through the API, so you can do exactly what you need. Ideal for maintaining perfect digital records of cases from incoming mail and correspondences to injury details and e-Filing built-in.

Cons

There are some gaps in the documentation for the API however the support team is very responsive with any questions I have had and that area has grown significantly!

Law practice management

I access my cases and mail from anywhere because the program is cloud-based. I can open files in court for presenting to the judge and for questioning witnesses.

Pros

Merus allows easy management of cases from anywhere. It is easy to link emails etc to the files for case analysis and decision making.

Cons

We have trouble getting some templates for our office. We need better ability to write legal documents ready for filing in court.

Everything in one place

All files are updated in real time as tasks are occurring, so any member of staff can access the information when needed. Our multiple users have the security of knowing the file is up to date anytime it is opened.

Pros

It is set up to easily access all information in a file with ease. The automatic buttons like making voucher referral and ordering records are very helpful

Cons

The drop down tiny box for tags is difficult to scroll through.

MerusCase has a wonderful Customer Support team! The tool is easy to use and has many great features

Pros

MerusCase is easy to navigate through and is an excellent time saving tool. It is a fast growing company that is an industry leader in cloud based case management software. MerusCase provides real time case activity logs, task management, and calendar collaboration with your fellow staff members regardless of where you are. The EAMS integrations makes it simple to file online.

Cons

The only thing that I can say I like the least about the software is the release times being further apart. I always look forward to the new tools and features MerusCase offers and the faster we get to utilize them the better! However, I appreciate the way they do a release iteratively to ensure the final product in production is of high quality.

Meruscase is easy to use and recommended

Managing cases through Meruscase is made easier and more convenient. when there is an issue if any Marus is quick to resolve any issues that may occur.

Pros

The software is easy to use and self explanatory. Easy to manage files. the calendar settings are a plus.

Cons

I wish that the calendar would sync with google calendar so I could get notifications on my phone.

Can't work again without it!

Overall, I'm thrilled we're using Meruscase and can't imagine working again without it.

Pros

1) Customer Support is Exceptional! Just AWESOME! They are very responsive and helpful. 2) Emailing from the case and attaching documents from the case as a PDF/Word documents is seamless, saving valuable time. 3) Ability to easily select documents to combine into a zip file or single PDF document. 4) Jet Filing is incredibly easy with Merus (get feedback either validating or rejecting your filed documents in a matter of minutes). File a DOR and the next morning get an email with a Notice of Hearing from the Board (if you elect to be served by email). (All documents Jet Filed can be easily located) 5) Subpoenaing records through Merus (All outstanding subpoenas can be easily located) 6) Creating Tasks/Reminder 7) Ability to create custom templates 8) VISUALLY - Merus looks great!

Cons

1) The ability to Drag and Drop Activity notes into whatever order you want would be nice. If you entered PDF docs and want to reorganize them in reverse chronological order this would be a nice feature. Combining PDFs into a single doc is done by the order they are entered in Merus. It woud be more user friendly to drag and drop into whatever order we want the PDF documents combined. Also PDF...

I did not have any kind of legal experience and I would say that working with Merus it was very easy

Pros

It is a program that is easy to work with, pretty user-friendly for people with experience or no experience.

Cons

For me, something I have noticed from the beginning was that after every update the software has crashed. - I work for the Personal Injury Department it is not as user-friendly as it is for WC. - Has at times a huge delay updating and uploading e-mails - When searching for a contact (company) when having several named the same but with different addresses when trying to link it to a person contact...

Hi Marieli, Thank you for your feedback. Emails sent in Merus are always received instantaneously. Slow emails are due to slow email servers which are unfortunately, outside of Merus¿ control. For contacts and companies with the same name, there is a Dedupe tool which combines case information under one rolodex entry. All you need to do is click on Settings (gear icon) > Data Management > Remove...

MerusCase allows my staff to work efficiently and collaborate easily, even internationally.

The simple interface and clear training session allowed me and my staff to become proficient in the software in a short amount of time. I love having the recording of our initial training session to give to new hires, so I spend almost no time training them directly on the software. My staff have all contacted the support team and gotten clear, workable responses to their questions in minutes. That means they can get back to work quickly without having to wait for me to answer their questions or contact support for them. MerusCase has all the features I needed for my small immigration firm. They work hard to make the product even better with each release. I'm looking forward to seeing even more benefits in the future!

Pros

I have used a few different case management software platforms, and what I like best about MerusCase is their customer support. They are quick to respond to my questions, and the front-line customer support team almost always answers my questions with one email. They can even make some changes directly to the software, something that previous companies did not offer. The template creator is one...

Cons

Even though MerusCase has a number of powerful features from a time-tracking and billing perspective, I found it to be geared more for larger-sized law firms. Their support team was great and worked closely with me to answer all my accounting questions, but in the end, I decided to stick with my current billing software, since it fits my particular accounting method a bit better.

Meruscase has been absolutely fantastic for our purposes!

Too many to list, but the most important ones are: HIPAA compliance, automatic document field merging, accessibility from anywhere, scale-ability, billing flexibility to keep our larger clients happy, and management oversight of all tasks.

Pros

Meruscase is very easy to setup and use, and their support department is stellar in case you have any questions. I have yet to work with a support department that is more willing to help than these guys! Meruscase was extremely helpful in our transition to digital case files, and the features it has are a godsend for management. The platform is extremely scale-able, allowing larger firms and...

Cons

The planning and setup can be tedious, but when all of the pieces of information are in place, the word template merging is phenomenal. I would recommend at least a month of planning and setup before considering cutting the office workflows over.

Great Company, Great Software, Great Support

A little about me, I am a Technology Consultant for about hand full small to medium sized law firms. This particular client of mine wanted to migrate to full cloud-based solutions for all their needs. As I am not a user, I am reviewing upon a technical basis which will include import, support, and Cons: Learning Curve. As a quick note, and because I don't want to type this out a million times,...

Pros

1. The ability to create custom templates and forms which autofill saves time and money on every letter you send. 2. Customer Support is Great. 3. Customize your personal portal. 4. Organize your organization's work schedule with personal work calendars for everyone. Have Attorneys post to their supporting staff's calendar and vice versa. 5. Calendars synccable to iPhone and Android using universal internet calendar iDAV protocol. 6. Customer Support is Great. 7. HIPPA Compliant for Emails to and from clients. 8. Automatically import emails and attaches to the client portfolio. 9. Can [easily] keep track of how productive each person is in the company with an easy to read a graph. 10. Customer Support is Great.

Cons

1. Learning Curve seems steep - to remedy this, fill out [almost] everything in the client profile. This will allow the software to pull information and auto-populate forms, invoices, and more. 2. [Con?] Works best in Google Chrome Browser - We have another website which requires Internet Explorer, so using two browsers kinda seems annoying. 3. When working late, there is a small personalized 'welcome' message which sits at the top of the screen on the navigational links. It will say, "Working late <Your Name>." - I already know I'm working late!!! >.<

MerusCase Hits the Mark

We migrated from legacy practice management software we used for over 17 years to MerusCase early last year. Features I love: 1. Email sync: Microsoft Exchange (or Gmail I understand but have not experienced) email syncs seamlessly with Merus. Everything in your inbox is in Merus, and you can assign a message to a file easily. If the incoming message is in response to something you emailed from...

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use: while I am still learning how to make the most of our Merus subscription, I was up and running with it after a day's training. Phone app: I often finish a few tasks from my home during my evening commute. Lots of great features: document automation, email sync, workflows, and much more. Value priced. Cloud based: unlimited data storage, bank grade security, regular updates.

Cons

I would like to do more with workflows. I want a way to manually merge duplicate contacts. I wish there was more flexibility to add custom fields. I am not keen on the reports available. Merus has a section for settlements that includes damages, which is pretty good. I wish it had more fields that pull into the settlements section from damages, and I wish it had fields I can build into automated documents.

Hi Michal - thank you kindly for your detailed evaluation! We truly appreciate your praise, and are happy to hear that MerusCase brings so much value to your firm. We have taken your feature requests into consideration, and will keep you updated as we review them. We are constantly adding new features, entry fields, and merge fields to our system - but because each element is interconnected (to allow for time-saving automations like court form auto-population) we must balance flexible customization with full data flow integrity. If you would like to inquire about particular fields for damages/settlements, please email us at support@meruscase.com. Thank you again!

Run by real people who know how law firms need to be organized

First and foremost, MerusCase is cloud based, which keeps from eating up the resources on my computer - which is pretty common these days - but I have also used some terrible on premise Matter Management systems throughout my career. From a managing attorney perspective I like the ability to monitor my teams data and activities and easily export them to excel. From a practitioner perspective - I love...

Pros

Flexibility exists where I really need it, but the somewhat rigid organizational framework is a godsend for getting my staff to work together. I also really like the subtle things. MerusCase has a lot of care in it, and I feel like there is personality in the error messages. They get how attorneys work.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble because there is unexpected automation. For instance, the product de-duplicates my contacts automatically, which I found confusing when my rolodex items count didn't go up the first time I encountered the feature.

Hi John! Thank you for your support! We're thrilled that you're enjoying MerusCase, and that you found the learning curve worth pushing through. We understand that, because MerusCase simply does so much, learning to use it can seem intimidating. However, as you mentioned, every component was designed to save you time, reduce your costs, and maximize your efficiency. Ultimately, we strive to empower each of our users with a dynamic suite of features, structures, and automations that will truly make life easier - and we're so glad it's working for you!

Good software, best customer support I've ever experienced anywhere

Form document management; ability to bring email into client's case, great calendaring system

Pros

Ease of use, form document management and merge functions, email coordination in cases. There's a lot to like. I tried MyCase and chose Merus instead, mainly because document creation and merge were so easy in Merus.

Cons

The documents placed in a file must be correctly tagged by subject (e.g Plaintiff Discovery Propounded) in order to be able to find them during a search. They do not reside in "folder", which is what most of us are accustomed to using in a Window's platform. The most important thing is getting staff to properly tag the document. So this is really not a con, just something that needs to be taught to Staff and followed by all.

We¿re so happy that you love our Document Management Tools. Document Management is definitely a key differentiator that separates us from our competitors. Merus is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination between all parties involved in a case. Activity Tags is one of the ways in which MerusCase ensures all parties can find case files easily. Unlike folders, which require clicking through...

Extremely useful and versatile software product backed by skilled and helpful support staff.

Enhanced productivity, increased awareness of coworkers' plans and progress, which generally made everyone more efficient.

Pros

I've been using MerusCase for a few years now, and one facet I'm consistently impressed by is the fact that it's constantly evolving and improving. In other circumstances this could have been frustrating, if important features (or even just features I happened to like) got phased out, but the development team seems to pay a lot of attention to their customers' input, which ensures that all involved parties are on the same page. There are also innumerable quirky little messages and jokes, so many so that I'm still finding them after having used the product for a long time. I've found that the quirks add some fun to a product that could have been monolithic and tiresome (EAMS) but aren't overwhelming or unprofessional.

Cons

It can, on occasion, be a tad clunky, especially when trying to do a very simple process over and over, like replacing one user on a case with another user. MerusCase largely isn't designed for that sort of thing, from what I can tell. However, while I (as a user) would have had to spend multiple hours performing the same repetitive motion (probably incurring the wrath of OSHA in doing so), usually, after an email to the support team, they'll show me an easier way to accomplish whatever it is I'm trying to do.

05/05/2020 REVIEW OF MERUSCASE BY ATTORNEY David G. Schumaker

EXCELLENT. TIME SAVING. ALLOWS BETTER AND QUICKER ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND EASE OF MODIFICATIONS TO FORM LETTERS TO MEET SPECIAL NEEDS.

Pros

EASY DATA INPUT; ALL DATA IN MERUS CASE; EASE OF MOVING AROUND IN A CASE FROM STATUS, TO FORM LETTERS, TO PEOPLE IN CASE, TO CALENDAR, ETC.; FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL SUPPORT STAFF; CONTINUING EFFORTS TO UPDATE AND UPGRADE THE PROGRAM

Cons

NO CONS. BEST WORKERS' COMPENSATION CASE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FOR APPLICANTS' ATTORNEYS AND FOR DEFENSE ATTORNEYS

Worth Every Penny

Pros

MerusCase is the simple, easy to use cloud based software. We regret not moving over to cloud based sooner. The ability to drag and drop to upload documents, task co-workers, calendar, invoice all in once place has helped productivity in our office. We did not choose to migrate our current and old files from our server. I would recommend using Merus to transfer your files from your existing software or server. It is worth the extra cost. Customer service is on top of their game. They are responsive, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

There are a few items I would like to see made available in the future (i.e. a search bar instead of drop-down menu for searching clients). The cons do not factor into our decision to stay with MerusCase, as they are all smaller detail items,

USER FRIENDLY

I get to work on my case load more efficiently on an everyday basis.

Pros

I like that anyone can easily use this system and it's easy to learn. It's not complicated or confusing. There's multiple windows/tabs for the case categories.

Cons

I do not know if there's anything I like least about it. Can't think of anything. Maybe that sometimes, we can not correct an email address that gets ghosted.

Hi Araceli, We¿re glad that you find MerusCase easy to use. We spent a lot of time customizing Merus to work perfectly for Workers¿ Comp cases so that you can find all the case forms you will ever need in one single location. As for email addresses getting ghosted, would you mind sending our Support Team a screenshot of what you are experiencing? We are more than happy to investigate and get back with an answer. Thank you for being a part of the MerusCase family!

I needed a new template for the firm and Misha Prasolov helped create it so quickly was a huge help

Pros

Accessibility. Function use. Although with recent upgrades there are some features such as the calendar which were better before the upgrade.

Cons

The billing / invoicing keeps changing which is an issue on and off for our firm. Sometimes I feel that new roll outs actually hinder the process as we get staff used to using things and then they change.

Hi Carrie, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We know you're busy, so we really appreciate it. And we'll be sure to let Misha know you got what you needed :) We know that updates and improvements can sometimes disrupt an established workflow. We are always working hard to make MerusCase smarter and more efficient for you, based on our research and customer feedback. Don't hesitate to call us if ever you need help navigating those changes and upgrades. We're here for you!

MerusCase has been fundamental in our firm to streamline workflows

Pros

Support is always willing to listen to and implement feature requests which help to improve the platform making it even more robust and functional than it already is. The email integration is the most used feature in our firm, it seamlessly allows our users to access and respond to emails direct from the case level ensuring that all communications are saved in the case file. The centralized template directory allows our staff to quickly and easily create new documents in seconds, rather than formatting them manually.

Cons

People new to the system do require training during the on-boarding process because certain features of the program can be difficult to navigate/discover.

Great Ease and Efficiency

Pros

I've worked at a few different firms and practiced a couple of different types of law. In comparison to other software programs I've used, Merus has definitely been the simplest to learn how to use. It also looks great and not antiquated like many other legal software programs. Lastly, Merus has amazing and customer support.

Cons

None stand out. There are glitches at times but this issue comes with any software. Merus customer support is always great at providing fast responses to our concerns.

Hi Mayra, At MerusCase we are strive to create features that our customers love while keeping our software easy to use. Thank you for acknowledging our world-class support team. We appreciate having you as a MerusCase customer!