MyCase Reviews - Page 5

LB

Lois B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

I use the software and recommend it

Wonderful. Very responsive to my needs

Pros

I am more efficient with the software than without

Cons

Sometimes it slows me down but then I email them and they tweak it and speed it back up.

JT

Jennifer T.

Excellent Case management

I love Mycase and they continue to improve monthly.

Pros

I love the layers of management from communication to billing.

Cons

I wish more developed with retainers and could cross track missing time.

JJ

James J.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

After comparing all the other options, I found that MyCase was the best value

Pros

The ability to set-up automatic re-occurring billing for my clients that need to make payments on their Retainer is vital. Right behind that is the ability to create documents with mergeable fields and the ability to send retainers and documents that my clients can digitally sign with their fingers on their cell-phones if they'd like is extremely valuable. Also, being able to send a link to an invoice (via email or text) that can be paid without having to 'log-in' to the platform is vital.

Cons

There are a few small things. I believe they are things that might be addressed down the road after they get all the big things MyCase is working on, under control.

DT

Deloise T.

MyCase is very functional and user-friendly. They are responsive when I make inquiries.

Pros

I like that I can use the iPad app when I am in court, and at home or on the go. I like that I ca keep track of my daily billing and the program then will allow me to see quickly that I have forgotten to log billable time for the day.

Cons

I do not like the change that eliminated my ability to see my month at a glance calendar with references so that I can schedule quickly when asked by a judge in court. The current "*" reference is cumbersome - I have to literally look at each and every day separately to be able to answer a judge asking what is a good date for my return to court. He/She is NOT going to wait for me to check each and every date on a daily calendar.

Hi Deloise, thank you for taking the time to review. We are happy to hear that you've found MyCase to be user friendly, and our support team to be responsive. We have also taken note of your comments regarding our calendaring feature and have taken it into consideration for future improvements.

MT

Monica T.

Has been an asset

Pros

Billing and Invoicing. Time Tracking and the ability to track pretty much everything.

Cons

Work flows aeem like a great asset but not easy to set up. A straight tickler system would be great.

AD

Andrew D.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Essential Tool for a Law Firm

Pros

Client invoicing and time tracking make this product stand out.

Cons

The program does everything we need it to do. I cannot think of anything to change.

DG

Debra G.

Legal Services, self-employed

Great Product

Extremely happy with the purchase and not sure how I would manage my work world without it. I utilize the info screen, documents, timer & tasks

Pros

I was in need of a legal case management system as prior to this I was working off G Suite (which I continue to use in conjunction) but could not get organized. I need to request and obtain medical records in a secure platform. Prior to this system it was near impossible for me to keep track of missing information and timely follow up. I love that I can share my work with my clients.

Cons

I do wish I could share the "info" page with them and I have been unable to figure out how to formulate letters in the system. I use google and MS and drop them into documents. It would be preferable if I could separate out the recent activity from what I have done v what my client has completed. As I do the majority of work in the system it is a long list of what I dropped into Mycase or completed and what my clients have dropped into documents can get lost in the list.

AS

Ann S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

You will not be disappointed

We love the app for our phones which helps with scheduling and capturing billable time when away from the office. Customer support is excellent and always receptive to suggestions for improving the software.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

I wish the software would integrate with outlook to make capturing time spent on emails easier.

"Hi Ann, thank you for your review! It's great to hear that your firm enjoys being productive away from the office using our mobile app. Fortunately, we do offer an integration with Outlook. You can find out how to sync your MyCase and Outlook accounts using the link below. If you have any additional questions or would like to share your feedback in more detail, please don¿t hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Outlook-Plugin-Installation-Guide"

SA

Stacey A.

Law Practice, self-employed

MyCase is high on features and low in cost!

MyCase helps me to keep my practice organized and efficient. And it offers me an opportunity to manage my billing in a profitable way.

Pros

MyCase is easy to use, specific to the way legal cases are managed, and the customer support is fantastic!

Cons

I would like the heading and layout of the actual invoices to be a little more customizable.

KK

Kathryn K.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Great software that helps me stay on top of my cases, calendar and billing. Would not do without it

It helps me stay organized and productive each day. I am able to keep track of my time and bill easily from my entries.

Pros

I like the fact that it does not give me more than I need to run my practice. I have used case management software from other companies that included a lot of things I did not need. It was confusing. I chose MyCase because it has just what I need to keep track of my cases, my time and my calendar and allow me to do my billing quickly and easily.

Cons

I would like to be able to see my time entries without having to print a bill. I often look at my time entries to confirm work was performed and I have to create an invoice to see it (even if I don't save the invoice I still have to go through the same procedure)

ML

Myrna L.

Best Software for Law Firms

Overall I love the product we just aren’t happy with how we were treated upon our last renewal period.

Pros

Love the ease of use and how everything is very available at your fingertips including support. I have had a very good experience with almost all aspects of the software.

Cons

I do not like the price and a suggestion is never believe anyone signing you up without getting it in writing. I was promised one price and then they immediately increased it and refused to honor the sales reps offer. Even having it in writing and they refused to honor what their rep offered.

TB

Travis B.

ease of use and quick

Pros

ability to share information with clients especially documents and calendar events. Its easy to learn.

Cons

apparently the mobile app I cannot edit client information such as change an email or phone number. I have to do it on the desktop. Also the mobile app looks good but its still clunky to navigate. example on the recent activity its blue like a hyperlink but I cant' click on it and go to that note or task.

Thank you for your review, Travis. It's great to hear that MyCase is easy for your firm to use and get synchronized with. In response to feedback like yours, we recently updated our mobile app to enable you to edit client information. Download the latest version of the app to give it a try, and please don't hesitate to communicate with us directly at mobile@mycase.com with any additional feedback!

LR

Lucia R.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

smooth sailing with this product!

Pros

The cellphone app which is compatible with iPad as well, is very convenient. All your cases and documents are on hand at all times! The new email and text messaging integration are great tools to keep all communication in one place! I also find the ability to accept payments online at a minimal % fee to be convenient in my solo practice.

Cons

Overall, MyCase is excellent. The only improvement I would like to see is for all documents to be immediately previewable (without having to download). I would also like to have the option to send calendar events to all clients with only their cellphone number (rather than requiring an email address as it is currently set up).

MJ

Mary J.

High Quality and Highly Functional Legal Practice Management Program

Overall, MyCase is an excellent program. I've worked for attorney's for 20 plus years, and this is the most user friendly program I've used.

Pros

Integration was smooth. There are so many things to love about this program.

Cons

I think the message aspect could be improved. Text messaging and instant messaging are very straightforward, but "messages" could be improved upon.

Jg

Jg g.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Steer Clear If You Are A Defense Firm!

So far horrendous!

Pros

Nothing to date. Was very misled during our initial demo with Conor

Cons

The misconceptions from the initial contact through the program becoming fully functional have been nothing less than a nightmare! Mycase does not allow you to upload or attach a firm logo to email signatures which may be fine for a sole practitioner but not conducive for a P.A. This program is not geared toward a defense firm. Firstly, none of our UTMBS codes were carried over from unbilled time...

MP

Meredith P.

Law Practice, self-employed

A Great Product for the Price (Without Bells and Whistles)

Great product which covers all the basic requirements of case management software and a price that can't be beat. I'm still using it, but looking at other options as I grow to avoid some of the more time-consuming aspects/cumbersome aspects of the software.

Pros

Cost is minimal and allowed me to get up and running with case management software immediately upon starting my law firm. It covers the basics - central place for case details, contacts, and documents; repeating task lists and deadlines; calendaring; and integration with quickbooks and email (to an extent). There is an obvious need for this type of product and I'm glad it is/was available.

Cons

The email integration is cumbersome and essentially requires you to forward messages to MyCase and then sort them individually into the correct cases. It does recognize emails/contacts frequently used and suggests a case assignment, but you still have to go through each email one by one and affirm that suggestion to get it to import into the case. With just a small caseload, this is time-consuming...

Hi Meredith, thank you for the honest feedback. With regards to document storage, we now offer an integration with Dropbox, which will allow you to easily view and edit documents stored in Dropbox through MyCase, without the need to download and re-save - any updates will be immediately reflected in MyCase. Also, we're actively exploring ways to improve our email integration with the goal of making it less time-consuming to save a large volume of emails to your cases. We take customer feedback very seriously and can assure you that your review is taken into consideration moving forward. If you have any questions or further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team! Thank you again for your review.

LG

Lisa G.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

It is a great software for us and our clients to keep in contact with documents and events

The ability for our office and clients to have access to the same case information

Pros

The clients being able to log in to see documents, events, upload information, etc. Allows both myself and the attorney to look at the case file and know what documents, emails, events are there.

Cons

The mobile app is not great. The attorney in our office cannot see recent activity unless she specifically logs into a client account. She needs to be able to see recent activity in real time

Lisa- Thank you for providing us with your feedback. In the newest update of the mobile app (v. 2.0.13), you can view activity in real time. If you would like help updating your mobile app, or have any other questions, please reach out to our customer support line. We are always eager to improve the experience for our users!

Mark G.

Hospital & Health Care,

MYCASE MAKES A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE TO PRACTICE PRODUCTIVITIY

High productivity in managing Cases between multiple practitioners in our practice. Keeps all communication and content attached to a case for ease of future reference.

Pros

MyCase is intuitively simple to use yet is rich in features. The support is A.mazing. We had a couple of queries and one needed MyCase to dial in to assist with an install on a new machine, they are attentive, professional and resolved our problems. Whilst this is a US focused product it meets all of our needs in Australia. Per seat it is definitely great value for money. There are regular software updates with improvements. We have NOT experienced a "bug" in their software ... it works. It is also fast despite us being across the Pacific Ocean. We have no hesitation in recommending MyCase.

Cons

Thank you, Mark, for your support! Happy customers like you make our jobs at MyCase worthwhile.

JW

Jimmy W.

Best Law Firm Management Software

Mycase allows me to safely double the amount of cases I am handling without any additional stress or pressure.

Pros

The software's ease of use and built in time tracking and billing components.

Cons

I wish they would integrate the software with one of the big virtual receptionist companies.

EB

Erin B.

This is the most efficient case management software I have used.

Pros

The email integration and improvements as to file organization are great. Clients love the user end, which allows me more communication with clients without having to actually communicate.

Cons

The accounting/billing side could still use a little work. Adding interest is a bit of a task, some automated features in that regard would be nice. Also, there needs to be some better reports for attorney productivity. Attorney bonuses are based on billables paid, and there is not a viable report for that.

Hi Erin, thank you for taking the time to review. It is always great to hear when MyCase helps to not only improve your firm, but your customers' satisfaction. We have been researching income/attorney productivity reporting, and we would love to talk with you further about improvements you would like to see. A member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail- we look forward to learning more about how to make your experience better!

JH

James H.

MyCase

Pros

It’s great to be able to include text messaging

Cons

The noble site can be tough and not all features are available on the app (eg creating new cases)

EJ

Ezra J.

My Case is the Best!

Pros

Very easy to learn, teach and learn. My staff and I love to use every part of MyCase.

Cons

I don't know of anything that I don't like about the program.

DG

David G.

Law Practice, self-employed

Pros

Integration with Microsoft documents and e-mails.

Cons

Stopped supporting Outlook sync. E-mail sync is important to us.

JA

JENNIFER A.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Excellent product for small practice

Overall, this has had the biggest impact on billing and getting bills paid.

Pros

I like the fact that I can enter time directly to a file and create and share an invoice with a client at any time with a few clicks. Really like that clients can pay online. The client portal is great for sharing documents and more secure than email. I have not utilized it as much as I could for workflows/deadlines, but we are constantly improving on that.

Cons

The biggest issue is the tasks - they will appear on my calendar but do not state the case, so I need to go back to MyCase to figure out what case has a deadline. Not a huge deal but this should be easier.

NS

Nicholas S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Mycase is a great product

It's been great.

Pros

It's very intuitive and easy to work with.

Cons

accepting payments could be improved as well as document automation.