MyCase Reviews - Page 6

Whitney T.

MyCase has made practicing law EFFICIENT. It allows me to handle administrative tasks with ease.

Pros

The access to the client portal is hands down the best feature. My clients love the ability to ask me questions through chat and pay their invoices online. The portal also allows for clear communication to make sure that attorney and client are always on the same page. I also love the Workflow feature. This allows me to keep track of the routine tasks in my cases to make sure that nothing is left behind.

Cons

I would like to see a few updates to the billing system in MyCase. I still have clients that choose not to use the portal. Since they do not have the ability to view all their invoices and payments, it would be nice to have one invoice that includes all time entries, expenses, and payments, instead of having to create a new invoice each time I need to bill for new time entry or expense. I would also like the ability to accept credit card/debit cards in office during the first consultation without having to create a case matter, a contact person, and an invoice.

CB

Charity B.

Couldn't Do It Without MyCase

The MyCase team is always incredibly knowledgeable and kind. I always get a hold of someone within a ring or two and they always call me right back. Have always had a 10 out of 10 experience with every MyCase team member I've had the opportunity to speak with.

Pros

MyCase is easy to use and makes everything about our practice manageable and organized. From all the little things to the big deadlines, our team is able to succeed greatly in part due to the software.

Cons

N/A. I can't think of any negatives. MyCase offers us the option to provide feedback at any time which they are attentive to. Their constant software updates are always improving our experience.

RP

Rebecca P.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

MyCase has expanded our capacity

The streamlining and organization we've been able to accomplish using MyCase has allowed us to expand our capacity for cases without expanding personnel. They are very responsive to suggestions. In the few years we have been with them, we've seen at least 2 things that we suggested become part of MyCase, and we've seen many other updates implemented that I'm sure were suggestions from others. I love that they're willing to find ways to keep improving. We appreciate this software more every year.

Pros

It is easy to use, intuitive, and a great place to keep all of our case information as well as communicate with our clients.

Cons

We don't use their billing functions yet. There are still some things we do that they don't support very well.

DH

Debi H.

Short and sweet

Pros

It was easy to set up from the start and the upgrades has helped. User friendly.

Cons

Some of the customer are confused on the invoicing

Harry B.

Excellent product

Small form attorney. Use as my case management platform.

Pros

Ease of use Cost Client portal Ability to add users

Cons

Could use more google / G Suite integration

ES

Eve S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

I've used MyCase since 2015. Overall, it's great. Clients love it.

I can prove to the courts that I informed my client on the status of their case. I love that MyCase tells me any activity of a contact who is attached to a case file.

Pros

That clients can see their files and have access to their documents. Also, it notifies clients of court settings. That's HUGE for me, as a criminal defense attorney. Courts also hold me in high regard as a lawyer who is on top of her docket... and on top of her clients.

Cons

Billing. Billing/accounting needs a lot of work. I would like to be able to use my own merchant for credit card processing and still be able to break down how clients paid. Right now, unless I use MyCase for payments, it will not break it down for me.

MR

Matthew R.

MyCase is a good Product

Great. Definitely improved my ability to serve my clients more efficiently and cut down on admin time. I love how now they allow for texting with clients or PCs.

Pros

I like that I and staff can jump in without reading an instruction manual and begin utilizing the product. I also appreciate how they continue to add bells and whistles to the product to make it more valuable.

Cons

It is a bit time-consuming to update task deadlines in a quick fashion. There is no way to move multiple tasks to a different date as a group. You have to take each task individually to update it.

cs

carl s.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Billing

been very well

Pros

the easy of use. the easy of getting help from the staff

Cons

I don't like the fact I have to go in to the trust to see when someone is low. Yes you can set a dollar limit but it does not notify you on the main page

Richard F.

Excellent tool for a law practice

No need for staff. This software does it all....... Except answer the phones and sweep the office.

Pros

The software is the fastest one on the market - no waiting for a page to come up. I have used many different ones as tests - for 2-3 months each. There are some excellent features such as workflows, secure communication with client, intuitive data collection and much more.

Cons

As I have mentioned to them in the past - the bill generated for printing is static - which means there is little control over it. You get what you get. You can download the data and create your own - but it would be better to be able to control the look of the bill from the software.

JG

Jason G.

MyCase is a Law Practice Necessity

Excellent program that adds efficiency and reduces the stress of running a law practice.

Pros

This software is intuitive and can be accessed across all platforms. It allows a firm like ours with multiple lawyers to instantly see what is going on with a case, from billing, to notes on conferences with opposing counsel, to time spent on the case by different lawyers and investigators, to docketing management. It is a full service program that takes care of every facet of our practice.

Cons

The app for the phone will sometimes crash or sign you out automatically.

TC

Tucker C.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Great for small firms

Great! Glad we switched from server based competitor that had become a bloated, hard to use pain in the ___!

Pros

If you need to train new staff to use your system (which small law firms do as staff changes) without having a dedicated training person, then Mycase is great because it is intuitive and has a fantastic help center. They do need more videos rather than text based instructions, but the text stuff does have screen shots showing most things. And they come up with new stuff all the time, which is nice.

Cons

Some minor feature things I would do different. But I adapted to all of that.

ST

Shawn T.

MyCase is vital to my mobile and technologically driven law practice

There are several features that make MyCase vital to my law practice: (1) Convenience and intuitive design for my team and for my clients. MyCase is an interactive platform where not only my legal team has access, but our clients also login to the system and have access through their own portal. Because of this, it is important that it be as hassle-free as possible for our clients to access and...

bv

bradley v.

Communication is Key.

Communication!

Pros

Ease of use, excellent in communication with clients on many media text, phone, email, signatures on important documents

Cons

Sign up for client portal with text message. Many people don't have an email and a text sign up would be helpful.

KH

Kristen H.

Law Practice, self-employed

Great for small firms

I have made a couple suggestions to improve the software and both changes have been made. Their customer support is outstanding. The online intake form makes it easier for me to streamline the paper in my office.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Customer support is very responsive and they are always making updates to improve the product. As a solo firm this program has been a great fit and very affordable. I also enjoy being able to easily switch between accounts for firms I work with consistently.

Cons

At first I didn't like that I couldn't take time of service payments in office but that feature has now been added

DD

David D.

MyCase is a very useful and innovative product. The customer support team is excellent. 5 stars!

Pros

MyCase is an extremely flexible platform that is easy to use. It is truly a tech asset with a value only limited by the imagination of the user. Thanks to its features, our firm has been able to design a field format that allows us to input case information, merge documents, calendar events, and generate invoices in a manner that is tailored to our practice.

Cons

Data backups in csv format are easily generated but can be difficult to sort through. I have always been able to contact the support team with any issues and they have been very helpful with any issues that have come up along the way.

RS

Robin S.

Can't live without it!

Timekeeping and invoicing.

Pros

Can't say just one - 2 things I love - First the timekeeping - which is invaluable. Been practicing law for more than 25 years so I have tried many methods. This is the best yet. Also, I like that I can open a case for each matter and create invoices for each matter. This helps when you have one client that has multiple matters and wants each billed individually.

Cons

Don't like the word processing tool. I work outside of that in OneNote. Wish it was more like SharePoint within the program. I use the product mostly for time and invoices . Wish it was the whole package.

DM

David M.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Good and getting better every day

Used it since 2014, and it has made a huge difference in tracking billing time correctly.

Pros

The features are awesome and they are constantly improving. However, their tech support people are the best bar none that I have dealt with. They have a can-do attitude, not an "it's not my problem" attitude.

Cons

They take years to put into functionality suggestions. A lot of the newer things are things I have asked for in the past. I think all companies suffer from not listening to the customers regarding development, but that may just be my perception.

GB

Gabrielle B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Small law firm big help from MyCase

It has been a good move. The move was hard on a few of us due to our long-time involvement in the legal business and the history of paper shuffling. But, we are learning and are enjoying it more each week. Every youtube video or webinar to assist us in learning is greatly appreciated. If we see an area that could use some work or have a good idea we will share ideas with you.

Pros

All the cases are in one online location and are accessible from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The accounting side. Invoicing. We did not link our trust accounts as we have had a great deal of difficulty with the invoicing, statements, and billing side of things. We don't want our balances adjusted as the program has it set up.

KF

Karin F.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Customer Service is now non-existant!

I used to LOVE myCase and was a loyal recommender for several years. The program was everything I needed for my growing practice UNTIL about six months ago when the company eliminated the call-in feature and added the chat function. There is now no help or customer service to speak of. The program is getting more and more glitchy - ie sometimes things will save and sometimes it wont. This is a big problem when inputting data for migration to legal forms later. So disappointed. This used to be a great one.

Pros

The cost cant be beat - if the company responds to customer service complaints The functionality of the program is good and had potential to be great - until the support functions went away - and along with that the best customer support specialists. The billing and invoicing program is easy to use.

Cons

Customer support is now only available via chat. The agents are no longer knowledgable. The function to submit a question does not result in any feedback at all. The program is now getting glitchy and the newest update is just terrible looking and terrible functionally.

Hi Karin, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our Customer Support phone line continues to be available for all customers at (800) 571-8062. It can be found on our Support page here: https://www.mycase.com/support, along with email and chat options. We take our customer feedback seriously and each piece of feedback is reviewed by our Customer Success and Product teams. One of our Customer Success Managers has been in touch to learn more and follow-up with any other questions you may have. We look forward to providing you with a more positive experience moving forward and to work with you for many years to come.

David M.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

The software is very good, the technical support is better!

Overall, I really like this product. The service is exceptional, the technicians really go above and beyond to fix the problem. Support will work to solve your issue, this is when other companies would tell you, well that is out of our scope. The support technicians, do their best to help you resolve these issues. That is real commitment to supporting a product. Two of my friends are using this now, and they report they are glad they changed to it.

Pros

Billing tracks well. Professional looking invoices and case tracking is very helpful. Notes, messages, etc.

Cons

Getting the developers to add features that would save time, seem to be ignored. The reports are not very robust.

DA

Delea A.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Love it, but could use a few tweaks

Excellent!

Pros

Integration with Outlook was flawless. Time management, case management, client management are all top-notch.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks was not good. Email strings can be clunky to deal with.

WK

William K B.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

This is by far the best program I have used.

Streamlined my office, simplified keeping track of cases and the work performed on the cases and helped increase the bottom line.

Pros

The software is comprehensive and it has a very easy learning curve. I was able to use most functions immediately after installing the program and I had no problem importing my data from my previous software program. The couple of times that I had to call tech support they very very helpful and efficient. It has definitely helped streamline my practice and helped my bottom line. I can't recommend this software highly enough.

Cons

The only complaint I have right now is that you can't enter a note from the mobile platform, although you can read notes entered from the office computer. This should be corrected as it is one of the only functions that cannot be accessed from the mobile platform, but is one of the most necessary when you are out of the office. Hoping it's added soon.

WL

Wigberto L.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent Affordable Working Tool for Any Law Practice

Excellent working tool for controlling all office needs. Billing and communication with clients has improved considerably as well as the accountability with our employees and vendors.

Pros

Program does as much as other high price competitors in an economical and secure fashion. Quite flexible on changing users and exchanging information with customers.

Cons

Although there is an integration module with quickbooks, some extra features such as payroll capabilities and a contractors' disbursement module would provide an overall business relation between the business and its clients.

TC

Terry C.

A Wonderful Product that is a MUST HAVE for Attorneys

Pros

The software is easy to use and it contains features that are used daily in my law practice. We can keep up with telephone calls, emails, text messages, billing, client contact, etc. all in one place. We use this product daily and have seen a change in our income based on our ability to send out invoices on a monthly or even weekly basis, if needed.

Cons

We have not found anything that we do not like about the software so far.

JH

Jeffrey H.

Financial Services, self-employed

Overall, good software with most of the features I need

mostly intuitive operation, straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

Mobile app is nice with easy integration of calendar. Quick entry of new calendar events. Clients like having a portal to access case info and documents and for communicating with the office. Generating billing statements and "sharing" (sending) to clients is easy. Great to be able to accept credit cards and checks online.

Cons

Cannot enter new matters on mobile app. Would be good to be automatically begin a time entry based on the calendar events, i.e. time entry needed for court appearances or other events listed in calendar