Needles Neos Reviews - Page 2

Costs have risen and the product has not improved

Pros

Easy to use interface, ability to modify

Cons

No progress in regard to upgrading the system. It has remained essentially unchanged for 15 years. Despite this, costs have increased, supplemental charges for things that were standard, and quarterly support payments yet I am still uncertain as to what is covered in "support" as any issue we have, we are directed to contact our IT company or are given an additional charge for assistance.

Alexander, we appreciate you taking time to review Needles. Needles 5.0 was released over a year ago and has been updated 6+ times with new features and improvements during the past 18 months. Needles Software Support is available to all customers with a current maintenance program and includes technical and "how-to" assistance for you or your IT Vendor. We would be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

This is a clunky program

Pros

I like the calendar feature on the program which enables you to see other peoples calendars easily

Cons

I think the functionality of this software is somewhat antiquated compared to similar products on the market. It does not like to play nice with other software and often causes conflicts

Disappointed

Stressful.

Pros

The integration did not go well. Some things are better, but the biggest issue that clouds all the improvements is the slowness, the crawl speed of the computer.

Cons

Not only is there a speed issue, but changing or adding words to a document can be difficult; like when I typed in my First Name: the caps were reversed and I have to type my First Name in twice: a waste of time.

Richard, thank you for your time in reviewing our software. We appreciate the time it takes to invest in the new product. We're sorry to hear that your implementation did not go well and hope you've had an opportunity to speak to our Customer Success Managers. Our latest release included options for Microsoft Word to open on your desktop by default, and we would be happy to walk your firm through that setting change. Whether working from home or the office, the support team had help you work through any issues you are having. Don't hesitate to contact our Customer Success department for assistance for your firm.

After 1 year of use

Pros

Easy to use, many features, overall solid case management program.

Cons

Neos uses it's customers for beta testing when implementing new functions. Bugs and issues are not resolved prior to new features being put out causing other aspects of the program to fail. This is a reoccurring issue and affects the ability to use the program for it's intended purpose.

Amanda, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you feel that the program provides solid case management and is easy to use with many features. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success Managers to talk about the issues you've experienced and allow us to provide any suggestions to our Product team. We appreciate your feedback on this and look forward to speaking with you.

Extremely buggy, poorly designed. A bad, infuriating experience

Using Needles Neos provides disappointment and frustration at every turn. It is currently in beta quality, and the workflows are unintuitive and time consuming. We provided three pages of bug reports including broken functionality, missing features, inconsistent design, and suggestions for improvement. Neos is exceptionally bad at calendaring, document management and task assignment. The Needles team was unable and unwilling to sufficiently address our concerns with Neos.

Pros

A browser-based solution is a step in the right direction.

Cons

Needles Neos is a major regression from Needles 4.x., which our firm has used for over 20 years. We were misled by Needles staff as to the overall quality of Needles Neos and the ease of migration. It is extremely buggy, unintuitive, and not suitable for daily practice management. Overall, a very unpleasant experience. Unable to recommend. We have chosen to terminate our 20 year relationship and look elsewhere.

Neos Review

Its was positive for the more part. I was very exited about the change. Unfortunately, I feel it takes a lot of time out of the work day when the system is not working properly.

Pros

It was easy to navigate before all the upgrades

Cons

Every time an upgrade is done to the Neos, other features stop working properly.

Angela, thank you for taking the time to review our software. We know the commitment to change to a new software platform takes time and effort, and we appreciate your comments. Our latest feature enhancements modified the location of some fields giving users more flexibility in layouts. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us for additional support at any time. Our support department can assist you with any assistance you need.

LOVE NEEDLES!

I have used Needles, and absolutely love it. By far the easiest and most robust solution I've tried.

Pros

Robust and Easy to Use

Cons

Can't think of too many other than configuring to your liking takes a little bit of time. The training is great, but as a solo practitioner, finding time isn't always easy.

Decent software for PI/Med Mal attorneys

Pros

What I like most are the party, case, and checklist tabs. They are very handy in keeping all of the case information in one place and easy to find.

Cons

The Notes tab is not very user friendly at all. It is difficult to find notes and the note number isn't visible in list view and it's hard to search for specific content.

Tonya, thank you for taking the time to add your review. You can add the Entry ID (note number) field by using the Columns chooser at the right side of your Notes tab. Each column can be adjusted for width or order. Feel free to reach out to the Customer Success department so that we can assist you further. Thanks again for your comments.

Beware! Stay away from this product. It is terrible. Worst decision I ever made was getting Neos!

Absolutely horrific!

Pros

The ideas behind the product are good. But they are just ideas and goals. The product does not work.

Cons

Neos should not be released. Its constantly freezes up. Data is lost. They promise to bring over data from Needles or another system but they can not. It runs extremely slow. We have all brand new computers and pay for the highest speed internet possible and the system is so slow its ridiculous and unusable.

Great system

Amazing

Pros

Easy to use. Friendly customer service.

Cons

Nothing it’s a great program all bugs are quickly resolved

Great stable program - have used since 2002 - must have for any law practice

Use Needles for all database operation in a 15 attorney firm with moderate advertising budget. The software is fully customizable for the many case types we handle. (PI, Auto, WC, Mass Tort, Medical Malpractice, Aviation, Products, Appeals just to name a few). Additionally it is our HR and equipment management software, providing the flexibility to have everyone in the firm know and use one database...

User friendly

Pros

This software was very easy to use and navigate. I also like that the software is customizable to the user.

Cons

The only con I have for this software is that it takes a good amount of time to customize it to your liking.

Mercedes of Case Managment Software - IMHO

Have used it for almost six years in a small law practice consisting of two to three attorneys. Very comprehensive

Pros

Very comprehensive

Cons

A bit pricey for a small firm..

I would never recommend this company.

I would never work with this company again. My experience has been awful.

Pros

We tried to upgrade from Needles to Neos and it was an overall terrible experience. Nothing took place as promised. A complete and utter waste of my firm's time.

Cons

Terrible training. Non-existent follow up. Constant delays and excuses.

Great Software

Needles is a great base for all of our information.

Pros

Very easy to use. Self explanatory when you are new to using the software. Easy to understand and to input information.

Cons

Honestly I have not come across any cons. I recently started at my job and it is much easier than the program I was using before.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating - it's much appreciated!

Needles Review

My experience has been great so far. The support staff at Needles and the information you can get from the website is wonderful. I seem to learn something new about Needles almost everyday.

Pros

organization, contacts, case docs, merge documents, user defined reports, intake sheets and value tab.

Cons

companion tab and not be able to see multiple addresses for one contact.

Thank you for the kind words, Rachael. We hope you continue to learn with Needles!

HD Needles Review

I have been using Needles for approximately 9 months and am in charge of the training and maintaining of Needles. Some of the staff find Needles not very user friendly at first, but once trained properly have no problem. Before Needles, all of client/case related info was separated between the partners and frankly all over the place. I love that Needles is like a filing cabinet will all information centrally located. Client/Case information can be located quickly and easily and I love the functionality of the reports. I also like the fact that it can be customized to fit your firms needs. I strongly recommend Needles for handling your case management.

Cons

Thank you so much for your kind words, Stacie!

Needles Works

My firm uses Needles to manage over 10,000 cases in 5 different practice areas. We find the program easy to use, stable, and extremely flexible. The reports Needles offers help us run our business and track work throughout our office. The checklist keeps the staff on point and document merging streamlines cases shortening time on desk. Needles support staff has been one of the best groups I have worked with, quick to reply with assistance and courteous. I could not imagine running a firm without Needles firm management.

Client for more that 20 years

The best thing about Needles is that it is completely customizable. Whatever you would like to see from your case management system can be created, if it does not already exist. Our firm has used this software for 20 plus years and this program helps us to manage a large number of files quickly and efficiently. Needles is a crucial element in keeping our firm running in tip-top condition!

Antiquated UI & UX

I used Needles for over 7 years, and found it to be a very antiquated case management system with a poor user interface and user experience.

Great Product

Needles is a fantastic office/case management software. The staff and support are great. They go above and beyond to make sure you are completely trained and comfortable with the product.

Great Product!!

Our law firm uses this product and it's great! We have looked into switching to other case management software but we always come back to Needles.

Cons

We have been using Needles for over 20 years. The power of this program is unbelievable. Easy to us

The customer support is top notch and training support wonderful. They have a client website full of useful info.

Great platform

Such a stable and great platform for case management. Our entire team works very efficiently within Needles.