Nextpoint Reviews

Nextpoint

Smart, cloud-based ediscovery software with NO data fees.

4.41/5 (148 reviews)

Matthew Gasbarro

NextPoint Review

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Overall, Nextpoint is the best platform I have used.

Pros
Ease of viewing documents, including related documents and attachments. Searching was also very intuitive. The preview feature also made searching for documents much easier.

Cons
There was no ability to bulk download search results with bates stamps.

Emily Gummer

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Good

Pros
Good customer support and training. I appreciate the in person training.

Cons
Not all the functions of other document review software. For example, I'd like the ability to search for an individual document by bates number and THEN from that view, be able to jump to viewing the documents that precede and follow that document in the bates range.

Response from Nextpoint

Hi Emily!

Thanks so much for your feedback. A tip: utilize Bates range searching, which is Bates:[ABC00001 ABC00035] for example. This will return a more manageable set of results which you can then sort in Bates order and quickly view the surrounding docs.

Thanks again!
Annie

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Shannon Riley

Great way to learn the ropes as a paralegal

Reviewed 2016-12-13

Nextpoint has saved me more time than I could have ever imagined spending on certain tasks. As a champion for my firm's clients, I try to save them time and money wherever possible, and Nextpoint is a great product to do just that.

Pros
Ease of use, time-saving strategies, and efficient handling of documents.

Cons
It could use a few minor updates here and there - I'd like to select one redaction style for an entire production. It would also be great to have more support with users who have Internet Explorer as that is my firm's preferred web browser.

Response from Nextpoint

Hi Shannon, thanks for the suggestions! Our development team is currently working on the Redaction styling issue you raised.

Nextpoint is compatible with IE, but some features may not work as well on older versions of IE as they do on our recommended browsers. If you haven't done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Erika Shellhammer

Bells and Whistles

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Excellent! I have not had a lot of exposure to other platforms, however, the ease of navigating through Nextpoint makes it a great product!

Pros
Having two database options (review and prep) is a great help. It has streamlined the process of preparing, marking and saving exhibits. Also, customer support is always helpful, even when you ask a question for the 10th time!

Cons
Remembering all of the functions that are available and how to locate them. Although typing a quick search in the help area makes it easy to find.

PAUL WEGMANN

Thank You To Jim & The NextPoint Team

Reviewed 2016-01-22

Dear NextPoint, I would just like to send a note of thanks to you for the great work, assistance and dedication of Jim Lancaster and the NexPoint team. Jim, throughout 2015 and before, has been available to me and our firm to help expand our capabilities and he has always made our efforts to act promptly to sufficiently meet our client needs easier and in the end the results have always been superlative. Jim has also shown a great deal of patience working with our firm structure to move forward in a substantive way to improve our technology and platform capabilities, I am always appreciative. I would also like to send a note of thanks for the work of Tricia Boguslawski who has been so attentive and responsive to some very difficult discovery problems, it has been a real pleasure working with her. Also in that regard during the year Annie Johnson was of great help on the technology side as well. Lauren Chingo as well has been terrific on the billing side. Thanks again for putting together such a great team and I look forward to working with NextPoint further in 2016. - Thanks - Paul

Melissa Melzer

Next Point

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Pros
The ability to remove bates labels if needed

Cons
How long it takes for documents to upload

Michael Frimet

Tremendous asset in document management for litigation.

Reviewed 2017-07-06

Allows me to be more efficient as a litigator.

Pros
The best part is the ability to search for terms. It allows me to easily and quickly find and utilize relevant documents out of a massive production.

Cons
At times it can be a bit unwieldy and you really need to practice and build a knack in setting up folders.

Michelle Hines

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-07-10

Pros
Nextpoint is an efficient way to gather all documents in one software. It was easy to use and a great tool for discovery needs.

Cons
Nextpoint is not always user friendly. The keyword searches does not always produce all the required documents.

Response from Nextpoint

Michelle,
Thanks for the review! We are always happy to listen to constructive feedback from our users.

Nextpoint's advanced search "wizard" can help you build the perfect syntax for quickly narrowing down results. You can also save your searches with one click.

We are always happy to jump on a call with you for a quick search training if you need more help, and there are great search tips on our support site here: http://support.nextpoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/205952436-Searching-Tips-FAQ-s#advanced.

Nicole Vloeimans

Great software application

Reviewed 2016-12-13

I think the services of Nextpoint are very good for our organization. The only thing that is missing is a sorting filter by date. I use Nextpoint to find the most recent writing on a certain topic and I cannot always find the most recent writing easily. Apart from that, the software is great!

Pros
format and user friendliness

Cons
finding the most recent writing

Response from Nextpoint

Hi Nicole! To sort by date, make sure "Document Date" is enabled in the Grid View template you're using (you can find these templates in the Settings tab). Date sorting is also available in Classic View under the "Change Sort Criteria" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Jason Lattimore

I was very pleased by the power of the Nextpoint platform. It's a great product.

Reviewed 2018-02-19

I had a case with significant document processing and review needs. Nextpoint did everything I needed it to do.

Pros
The software was easy to use and flexible enough to adapt to the needs of my specific case. The pricing was also very reasonable.

Deborah Potts

Nextpoint review

Reviewed 2019-10-02

We have only been using Nextpoint for three points so it's still relatively new to us. I do like the fact that it's cloud based and much faster than our previous legacy software which was server based.

Pros
Everything is stored in one place i.e., a review database or a prep database.

Cons
Some features are not available to standard users such as creating responsive issues.

Kate Frenzinger

Nextpoint review

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-11

Overall the experience is positive.

Pros
The software is very cost effective and an easy sell to clients.

Cons
The software lacks TAR; customer service/trainers are not terribly sophisticated, lack professional speaking skills, and therefore lack credibility during training.

Michael Frimet

Nextpoint

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-16

We are a boutique firm and handle a limited number of matters in litigation. However, when we do there is always a large number of documents. Nextpoint was one of the first programs compatible with Mac so we signed on with them. Over the years the costs become excessive. We have tried to work with them, but their contracts are never quite what they say they are going to charge us.

Pros
It is helpful in searching large productions and organizing voluminous documents.

Cons
It can be very expensive and the fees mount up quickly.

Response from Nextpoint

Thanks for your feedback Michael. We agree that charging users for fluctuating data volumes each project was not perfect.

That's why Nextpoint recently announced user-based pricing plans with FREE, unlimited data processing and hosting. Your Account Director be in touch to discuss our predictable per-user plans and the latest software enhancements. You will never have to worry about data volumes again.

Thanks.
Annie

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Alicia Benton

Reviewed 2016-12-13

I love Nextpoint's trial prep capability, as well as its automatic OCR function. Its ability to search is extremely helpful when you are working with thousands of pages of document productions.

Pros
Deposition designations

Brenda Peterson

NextPoint Review

Reviewed 2019-10-02

My overall experience has been relatively positive with the cases we currently host on NextPoint.

Pros
Since I am not a long time user, the following features currently stand out to me: .The ability to upload, review, redact, and produce documents from same database. .The deposition features in the Prep database.

Cons
Sometimes the upload turn-around time is slow. Inability to create subfolders in Review. Inability to change folder names in the File Room.

Daniel Lewis

NextPoint is great!

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Pros
Intuitive design makes learning a breeze

Cons
The window platform takes up the whole screw

Sarah Booth

2017 Review

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-01-06

The one thing that I think is so problematic is that the clear button is right next to the submit button in the deposition highlighting. Since the clear button gets rid of everything you've done and it cannot be recovered (I have done this and called customer support), it seem like a poor choice for the clear button. Or at the very least, have a pop up making you confirm that is what you want to do before all is lost.

Pros
The fact that in the deposition highlighting you can have all designation colors present on the final product.

Cons
Just that the clear button is too close to submit.

Audrey Tedor

Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 2017-06-28

Pros
The software is very easy to use and accessible anywhere. Substantial documents production are easily handled and well organized

Cons
The cost can be high since not all clients will agree to pay for the service. The inability to upload more than just one file at a time is also problematic.

Jared Gibson

Good Product with Some Flaws

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-09-26

Overall it is a decent experience.

Pros
Web Based, easy to manage, easy for attorneys to view items.

Cons
Communication, can be an issue. As errors do occur the language on the error doesnt lead the user of the program to getting the issue fixed. Support often likes to say this is how it is, regarding an error.

Kate Watson Moss

Great

Reviewed 2017-07-07

Pros
Easy to use--I like the functionality. I thought the deps were organized easily. I love the advanced search feature.

Cons
Needs work for dep designations--need functionality for courts that do not allow color filing. This was an issue in our trial.

Josie Novais

Love it! Great customer service and super user friendly.

Reviewed 2017-06-29

This software makes ediscovery review a breeze.

Pros
After searching for months for an affordable and easy to use software, Nextpoint was definitely the winner! The software can either be handled by your in-house IT or by Nextpoint. They offer extensive training, but if you have any questions Nextpoint's customer service is astounding. This software has definitely made discovery review less tedious.

kristina shernoff

little engine that can

Reviewed 2016-12-13

i think the potential np has greatly exceeds what it is currently capable of. i think the front end loading takes way too long. i think making features available without having to move between tabs would be huge. like being able to create a folder on the fly, rather than doing it beforehand then associating documents with it. also, if i'm searching for a word or set of words, i would prefer to not have to re-enter those words once i'm in the document that my initial search took me to. i love the program, but i would like it to be more user friendly. thank you and happy holidays!

Pros
search large amounts of docs

Cons
too much to do on the front end with too many steps

Catherine Boyle

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-26

I like all my experiences with Next Point.

Pros
It is easy to learn and use. As with our office I would like to do more with it. In our office someone else loads the documents. I would like to load the documents.

Cons
I think it should be more like a binder and the features should do more. Run better searches. (i.e. shuffle through emails more quickly to weed them out) or maybe I need more training with it.

Vonnie Hawkins

Excellent, affordable products

Reviewed 2016-01-22

We looked at a number of solutions for our complex document management/trial prep and Nextpoint represents the cutting edge. The tool works well to manage, sort, search and tag large volumes of evidence and it has a ton of customizable features, settings, and templates for displaying, exporting and stamping. Designations in the Prep Tool are a breeze to setup and manage, and it exports to Trial Director. I love all the color customization as well. Compared to other products out there, it is very affordable as well which helps with managing case costs. Lastly, the tech support and response time to questions is amazing. All the benefits of a much larger company, with a very personal, customized relationship. Definitely worth your time to try and compare.

Sarah Hyser-Staub

User-Friendly Doc Review Tool

Reviewed 2016-12-13

Nextpoint has been an extremely useful and overall user-friendly document review tool. One of the best features about this program is that you can divide the workflow into multiple folders that can then be assigned to various reviewers--making it easy to keep track of who is doing what work. The ability to customize "call" buttons, add tags for certain issues, and change the stamp on a redaction is also very useful. The only bugs I've run into are occasional issues with documents not appearing as they should, but once contacted, Nextpoint has been quick to solve. Only took me about an hour to learn how to use most of the features of the program too--a big bonus when you're working with limited time. I would recommend to others.