Nextpoint Reviews

Nextpoint

Smart, cloud-based ediscovery software with NO data fees.

4.41/5 (148 reviews)

Matt Miller

Reasonable Product

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-09-26

Nextpoint is a good product for performing document review.

Pros
I like that many tasks are "self serve" and I do not have to rely on staff to complete file-loading.

Cons
Some user interface functions could be made smoother or faster.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Alesha Walker

NextPoint for MDL

Reviewed 2019-09-26

I like being about to share work product with a large group.

Pros
Our entire Nationwide team can use the same databases.

Cons
Sometimes it feels a little clunky - I feel like I can't find what I need quickly.

Ashley McDonough

Nextpoint from an attorney's perspective

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-01

Pros
It saves me time which in turn saves the client money.

Cons
Sometimes when we use all of the colors, some of the color options when printed appear a lot alike and it can make reading a transcript with all the colors confusing.

Jill Fraebel

Good software

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Pros
I like the way I can organize large amounts of documents for incoming/outgoing document productions

Cons
It it not the most user-friendly to teach to older uses.

Anthony Martucci

Tony's Review

Reviewed 2016-12-13

I love using Nextpoint, I usually use it for designating from depositions to be used at trial. I will have a paralegal upload all of the depositions to Nextpoint and then I can go through and highlight which portions I want to designate with ease, as well as which portions the other party wants to designate. Then I can go through and highlight my objections to their designations and state my reasons. The judges love it, they can see clearly what objections and designations are being made and who is making them. Since everything is in a different color they don't have to flip back and forth between Defendant and Plaintiff designations, everything is in one spot.

Michael McLaughlin

NextPoint is easy to use.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-06-28

Pros
I like the color coded designations and the ease with which you can label new designations. Courts have found it very easy to follow along.

Cons
Sometimes making specific line edits within a designation can be challenging. Rather than adjusting the whole set of a designation, it would be great to be able to deselect a line or two (subset) of a designation.

Tammy Hayden

My overall experience with this software is good.

Reviewed 2016-01-26

The only con is tagging documents. I do not like how this program tags documents. When a document has multiple tags, I found that it removes your initial tags so you have to remember all the tags you checked.

Response from Nextpoint

Hi Tammy! Thanks for the honest feedback. We hear you about the bulk document tagging feature.

We're currently exploring how to give users the option to make additive or subtractive bulk edits without muddying up the interface. When we're finished, that ability will be available to everyone.

If you'd like to add some more details on what you'd like to see us improve, feel free to submit a support request ticket at support.nextpoint.com. Thanks again!

Misty Davis

When educating future paralegals in e-discovery software, use Nextpoint!

Reviewed 2016-04-25

As a paralegal educator, I am impressed with the ease and functionality of Nextpoint's e-discovery software. My students are able to quickly and efficiently upload documents and perform comprehensive searches. The training videos and webinars are an added bonus to help my students maximize their learning. And, of course, the web-based program makes accessing Nextpoint a breeze both in and out of the classroom. Additionally, and equally as important, is the excellent customer service I receive from everyone on the Nextpoint team. The professionalism, expertise, and overall kindness makes working with my Nextpoint team a true joy.

Peter Graham

Nextpoint Software

Reviewed 2016-11-22

I've worked with Nextpoint on a few larger document review projects, in a capacity both as a sole reviewer and using Nextpoint while managing a larger group of reviewers. The platforms have numerous customization features that allow it to adapt to a range of objectives, and that can be employed without sacrificing its utility. The Nextpoint customer support team is very helpful and responsive to inquiries and issues, and has quickly answered our questions and understood our objectives., and have been good partners as we seek to drive efficiency in the document review, management, and preparation aspect of our practice.

Megan Wright

A good tool

Reviewed 2016-02-11

Nextpoint is a good ediscovery tool at a reasonable price. It is intuitive and easy to use. Some of the advanced searching is presently a little clunky (e.g., hard to search more than one grouping of documents at a time), but it is manageable and Nextpoint continually works to improve the tool. Our firm uses Nextpoint regularly on cases both small and very large with good results. The customer service is fantastic--people have been very responsive and, when we've used some of the add-on services, have completed their tasks efficiently. They have also responded to our suggestions regarding functionality improvements.

Courtney Lorentz

We have only used Nextpoint for review, not trial prep. So far, it has met all our needs.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-06-28

We absolutely needed a eDiscovery search platform for one of our larger cases. All the other eDiscovery platform providers were far to expensive for us and our clients. We needed to be able to review enormous amounts of data, and we are able to do so. We are very satisfied.

Pros
The customer support is highly responsive and excellent, as is the value. Nextpoint is geared to meet the needs of a small firm like ours.

Cons
Some of the search features are not intuitive, but I also get fast answers. The highlighting color system does not seem to have enough bright colors for my taste, but I may not have figured out how to maximize the use of that feature. Overall it is very easy to learn.

Marta Harrison

Helped reduce time spent

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Pros
Nextpoint reduced the time we spend on redacting and classifying emails (we only use the software to manage requests for emails)

Cons
It was sometimes hard to understand what was included - attachments, replies, etc, when I made a selection

John Akerman

Nextpoint Project Review!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I had the opportunity to extensively use NP in a recent case. The biggest pros were speed, very customizable within the review panels, and support was very responsive. Support seems to be personal enough that they can add features that we needed during the project. The multiple uses of tags were also very helpful. The biggest detractor was the process to download documents from the tool. It was a bit cumbersome but does export with underscores for every file name which made it easy to add to OnCue for trial presentation.

Denise Pellegrini

One minor aggravation...

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2016-12-28

I love Nextpoint. It is the fastest, most efficient way to enter designations into a transcript, and certainly, results in the most legible end product. My only complaint is when I'm double-checking my entries in the designation box, and try to click the arrow to move to the next page of the list, it will frequently throw me out, and I have to start from the first page and page back to the point where I left off. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Pros
How easy, (and fun!), it is to use.

Cons
The browse button defaults to the beginning too often.

Martha Howlett

Discovery & Document Management Done Right

Reviewed 2015-12-29

Most discovery vendors make you want rip out your hair in frustration. Nextpoint is completely different. I love how you can customize the database to suit your case and review. The software is thoughtfully designed - you can easily re-stamp documents or change things around if something gets messed up.They are so cost-effective compared to other companies. Some companies charge you to download pdfs of documents or bulk print - Nextpoint never does that and they make it really easy to do on your own. And everyone I've dealt with at Nextpoint is extremely kind and attentive.

Michael Tenuto

Comprehensive, powerful, and user-friendly litigation management software

Reviewed 2016-02-12

Over the past couple of years, our commercial litigation firm has used a handful of document review, e-discovery, and litigation management platforms. Nextpoint is by far the best company we've worked with, and we currently utilize its services for a significant number of matters in our firm. Nextpoint provides powerful features for every aspect of litigation, from early case assessment all the way through trial preparation. Further, Nextpoint is supported by an extremely knowledgeable and responsive team that has proven very helpful to us on countless occasions.

Anonymous

Not for me

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-19

Nothing to write home to mom about but As far as review platforms, it does not stand as tall as Reveal or Relativity.

Pros
I like the analytics and AI assisted review.

Cons
Overall the layout was a little hard to use.

Response from Nextpoint

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest opinion.

Thanks for awarding us 5/5 stars on Features/Functionality and Value for Money. Along with great customer support, those are our main areas of focus for all Nextpoint users.

I wasn't able to gather much detail on your grade of 3-stars for overall quality, but we would like to address any specific concerns you may have.

If speaking further is something you are open to, please contact me via the email address provided in my response.

Regards,

Annie Johnson
Community Engagement Manager | Nextpoint

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Bruce Hart

Fast, convenient, cost-effective system backed by first-rate customer service and support

Reviewed 2015-10-15

We are very pleased with Nextpoint. I have experience with many case management software applications, and have found Nextpoint to be among the most cost effective, comprehensive, mobile, and user friendly systems available. Its intuitive, organized format has saved us many hours of time reviewing and processing documents. The ability to access our case files when on the road (and over various devices) is critical for a practice such as ours. Plus it is backed by a customer service and support staff that is extremely responsive. Keep up the great work.

Matthew G.

Good software for litigation efficiency. If you've never tried software like this -- do it!!

Reviewed 2017-01-06

My firm recently used Nextpoint to process over 50,000 documents to respond to discovery production. Nextpoint does a good job reading the documents that are imported into it, and provides a lot of capability to tag/label the documents with custom fields. You can also redact documents. Some of the navigation options could be improved, but it is not difficult for document reviewers to learn their way around. I cannot imagine being without Nextpoint or something like it for a large document production -- it's an incredibly useful tool.

Paul Ritchey

Review of Nextpoint

Reviewed 2016-12-28

The software worked well. It was easy to use, simple to learn, and glitch-free. I had no issues requiring customer support, so I cannot speak to that category. Otherwise, it did the job.

Pros
Easy to use; simple to learn; no technical problems

Cons
The viewing theater did not always allow proper zooming to review documents that were not of a traditional formal. The easy fix was to download the entire document and open it in its native platform.

Carly Carrillo

Nextpoint with ease

Reviewed 2016-12-13

Nextpoint has been really easy to use. We have a rather large case we are working on and it's great because each person has their own file and documents. We can mark which documents are new and which ones need to be reviewed.

Pros
The cloud and uploading

Beth Bilsborrow

Great Software, Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed 2016-01-15

My company chose Nextpoint for its great reviews, competitive pricing, and range of services. Unlike many of its competitors, Nextpoint offered trial-oriented services in addition to discovery-oriented services. Although we never ended up converting our "Discovery Cloud" to a "Trial Cloud," I was completely satisfied with Nextpoint from the beginning of our project to the end. I was particularly impressed with their customer service. I would definitely use Nextpoint again in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Chantel Elkins

Incredible eDiscovery software!

Reviewed 2017-10-02

Saving time with review, fast cloud-based action!

Pros
Very user friendly compared to other platforms that I have used previously. The customer support is by far the best I've ever had! Cloud-based makes this platform so easy to use while out of the office!

Cons
I would prefer all emails automatically attach the attachment when editing in a Bulk Action. I think that should be the standard setting as opposed to having to click Grouped by email family, including related documents and then clicking Email-Family (Emails and attachments).

Anonymous

GREAT FOR LAWYERS

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Use it if you are a lawyer!

Pros
THIS SOFTWARE IS VERY USEFUL FOR LAWYERS. iT ALLOWS YOU TO KEEP TRACK AND TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS AND ATTACHMENTS OF YOUR CASES SO EVERYONE IN YOUR TEAM CAN SEE IT. ALSO, IT HAS A FEATURE TO REVIEW THE CASES YOU ARE MANAGING WHICH CAN BE HELPFUL FOR OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM. I BELIEVE IT IS A GREAT TOOL TO HAVE IN OUR LAW FIRM.

Cons
It is not very friendly for everyone on our team. But like everything in life, it only requires practice to get to know how to use it.

Thomas Slade

Easy to Use, Great Support

Reviewed 2015-11-30

As a boutique litigation firm (4 lawyers), we've had an excellent experience with Nextpoint. The service has scaled well to our particular ediscovery project needs. It's easy to learn and use and helped us efficiently work through large amounts of records. The customer service has been great and having a dedicated customer support person to field any issues is a nice touch. Lastly, being a cloud-based service, it complements our other legal software such as Clio (for timekeeping).