Prevail Reviews

Prevail

One-stop case management software for law firms of all types

Prevail

Review Summary

Pros

Orientation for new employees is also great because the steps and tasks are outlines for them and it is very easy to audit work performed so praise or supplemental training can be delivered timely.

Mary Kay F.

Danielle N.

Ease of use and ability to keep track of all of the information that I need to associate with each client. I also love the immediate support that is available to users.

Cindy O.

Cons

You only have to wait a few seconds before speaking with a live person who is there to fix your problem.

Cliff B.

Appearance could be more customizable, I guess. I don't have any thoughts as to cons or dislikes on this product.

Ashley G.

Worst of all, Prevail's reporting capabilities are abysmal.

Brett G.

4.6

I was introduced to Prevail at the first law firm I worked at and I immediately saw its potential.

Pros

The customization, customer service, ease of use. Pretty much everything in the software can be customized. If you get really fancy with it you can update a status that triggers tasks to multiple people, with deadlines attached, documents printed will all relevant data in it.

Cons

Two limitations to be aware of, you need a TWAIN compliant scanner, I use Fujitsu and love it. This will allow you to scan directly into the matter which you are working in. The second limitation is that in order to attach emails directly from Outlook into Prevail you must have 32 bit office installed. You can ave a 64 bit system, which we do, but Office needs to be 32 bits

Prevail Case Management System

Calendar information is detailed and easy to read for efficient client processing. Locating a client within the database is easy as well. the integrated billing system is a breeze to work with and makes billing quick and detailed. Internal messaging makes contacting remote employees easy as well.

Pros

I like that calendaring system that lets you set up appointments for multiple associates. The client information system is very thorough and includes specific information related to a client's individual case. It also lets you print out current cases by genre of case ( ex. Estate planning, Criminal, Social Security..etc.) so that you can keep your client base up to date. Billable hours can be inputted for each specific client as well, and printed so billing is efficient and easy. There is also an internal messaging system within the Prevail software which allows you to send messages to designated employees located in the Prevail database.

Cons

More often then not when trying to schedule appointments if you mistype the date or time or wish to change them to a more specific time, it sometimes gives you an error and you have to back out and restart inputting that appointment from the beginning.

Thank you, Jeanine! We're glad you're loving your Prevail! Of course, the issues you described with the calendar will be shared with our developers. UPDATE: It was pointed out to me that you're on Prevail6. The problem you're experiencing has been fixed in the more recent versions of the program.

An Abomination

Prevail is the worst case management/CRM software solution I have seen in my entire professional career. It has huge issues with case status- you can't add new status types (ie, awarded but unpaid), and there are many obvious oversights in the software design; for example, it doesn't update the case status once you complete the task generated when you indicate that an appeal must be filed by such-and-such...

Cons

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Prevail is the Best...love coming to work each day b/c of prevail

Pros

The entire system is a Pro for me!!!! I enjoy learning and exploring the system and it makes it so much better having the wonderful staff that you have. Customer support representatives are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot print Sticky notes or complete the sticky note and keep it in the history of the claim. There are times that a sticky note is completed but we cannot delete documentation of a client file. Also, I find that the Notes tab is useless. Everything you want or need is in the history tab and can be sorted for whatever you are looking for.

Hi Danielle! Be sure you're not using Sticky Notes for tasks. They should never be used for something that needs to be done. They should be used to call attention to something. For instance, use a Sticky Note to let everyone know you need a correct phone number on a case, but set a task to get that phone number. Then, when the task is completed, it'll be noted to the history. If you want to use a Sticky, then make a note before it's completed, you can create a history category, "Sticky Notes", and copy and paste the info into a history entry, then delete the Sticky Note. As for the Notes tab, I rarely use it, but our clients who were used to having a Notes tab in an older version of Prevail, really missed it when they upgraded. For them, we added it back in. Robin

Must have for SS disability work.

The scale won't work. I am extremely likely to recommend and have recommended many times. Prevail software has allowed me to scale up my business without adding staff. Keeps me organized and saves me money. Helps me win cases by adapting to my work flow and making sure I never miss a deadline.

Pros

Keeps me totally organized. Using Prevail case management software has allowed me to triple my case load without adding staff. It has paid for itself many times over. The training is excellent and the annual fee is more than reasonable given the high quality of the tech support. I always get a real person on the phone who understands the software and is extremely knowledgeable about the disability business. They give me solutions that are better than what I ask for because they've seen so many different business models. The Prevail staff are continually upgrading and improving the product so it just gets better and better, but the upgrades never interfere with business. They make the upgrades seamless and work with my schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Prevail.

Cons

What a great review! Thank you, Jane!

We have been using Prevail for about 5 years now. What a difference it makes in your practice!

I think the greatest benefit of this product is that you can handle many more cases with it than without it, thereby making your investment in the product nominal. Also, it is so user friendly that anyone can learn to use it very quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly and very functional. Even the most inexperienced can learn to use Prevail very quickly. We are able to handle many more cases than we did without Prevail. I really like the document merge feature as we use a lot of form letters. The intake questionnaire is great as well. We can all be on top of our game on every case because it is easy to see where we are on a case. Love the process tab too because we can set lists (autofill) or steps and each serves its purpose for different types of cases. Prevail tech support is fantastic! They are responsive, friendly, understanding, and very helpful-well worth the yearly contract fee.

Cons

There are a few glitches here and there and it crashes sometimes, but for the most part we are very happy using Prevail.

Hi Tracy! Be sure to contact tech support if you're having any issues.

Overall, my experience with Prevail has been positive.

This is our legal practice software. It benefits us in the management of our case load, document assembly, calendar and related functions.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between screens, being able to keep multiple windows open and switching back and forth without losing data, and the formatting of the various screens. I also like the document assembly which works quite well.

Cons

I do not like the duplication of contacts in the Rolodex -- once entered the contact is there forever it seems. This causes a reduction in the speed of searches and can also result in errors if you select a duplicate contact that is old and outdated.

Hello, Bruce! Contacts should never be entered more than once in Prevail. The Rolodex is designed so that you can enter a contact once, then attach that contact to as many matters as you'd like. If you'd like more details, please give our Training Dept. a call: 407-228-4400, Option 1, 2 Thanks! Robin Ventura

Best feature is their Customer Service!

I have been using the Prevail Case Management System now for 16 years and I would never switch! The best feature is their customer service! Everyone at Prevail Case Management is very helpful and friendly no matter how frustrated you are! Having great customer service means the most when using a database program to me because you are then assured that they will help you to fix the issue you are having or suggest better/more efficient ways to achieve what you are trying to do. I feel the database itself is very user friendly with a little bit of training, and the training is also very friendly and knowledgeable. I would, have and will continue to recommend Prevail Case Management to anyone looking for a database that is user easily learned and supported by great people!

Pros

Customer Service User Friendly Easily learned Great training Very efficient

Cons

Really can't think of any!

Kim, thank you so much. I'll be sure to pass this on to our Tech Support team. They'll appreciate it!

Prevail Case Management System

Our practice is limited to representing Social Security disability claimants. Our caseload is significant This system has never crashed despite seven licenses. It is an excellent gateway towards a 'paperless 'office. It is also accessible when using a Remote Desktop Program allowing you to modem into your server and database when away from the office. The program comes with very good 'form' templates...

great case management

I have used prevail for around 10 years. We just did an update from 6 to 8. I thought 6 was great, but 8 wow - love it.

Pros

The tech support team is great. Very nice, and polite. I also like that it merges information into letters, so I'm not typing the same information of 10 different letters. Prevail also lets you create emails and saves it to the correct client case. Prevail also gives you reminders when something is due, most important it gives notice on statutes.

Cons

When I try to print certain things - example printing medical page, it does not print on one page.

Thank you, Gaye! Our tech support team is the best! Let's take a look at the medical page you're merging, and see why you're not getting a single page. Call us so we can help! Happy Holidays, and thanks for the review! Robin Ventura Prevail Sales

WE have been using PREVAIL7 for 4 yrs. It is worthwhile investment. Tech support is amazing.

We are able to take on and track more cases. It works for WC and VA cases too.

Pros

I like the new features on PREVAIL 8. The ease of using the email feature. The login in screen is easy on the eyes.

Cons

1) Tech support is great ( always capable and willing to resolve issues) but hours are limited to 9 to 5. Most attorneys work late into the evening and weekends, it would be nice to get some help/tech support after 5PM. Maybe one late night in a work week of tech support. 2) They need to add more tabs for SSA clients like prior filings, height, weight, dominant hand, marital status, eligible AUX. These are all questions on the SSA app. If these are added I missed it. 3) I find Process Builder to be overly complicated and cumbersome to use. I just want a check off box not endless process steps and clicking around.

I've been a Prevail user for almost 2 years now, and enjoy the program.

Pros

I'm happy with the set-up. It is easy to navigate, and Prevail 8 has a lot of new features that make certain tasks easier to complete. I also love that the program syncs up with Outlook now!

Cons

With all of the new features, I've noticed the program has a "lag" now. Also, I don't like that you can't generate multiple documents at a time, such as medical records requests (which is a feature that is available in a different program I've used in another office). Also, when a document is being scanned into the system, the rest of the program is unavailable to use until the scanning process is finished (which we used to be able to do in Prevail 6). There are still some things that could use tweaking..

Hi Lindsay. Thanks for your review. Prevail can actually merge multiple medical records requests at one time, using the Merge Across Related feature. Not only will it merge multiple medical requests to different providers, but each document can set its own time and cost value on the ledger, plus a follow up task as well.

Prevail is a pretty well-rounded program-has some key features that other programs don't have.

Client tracking software-keeps track of deadlines, history of case, etc.

Pros

Statute warning list is key. History/notes tabs are extremely important/useful. Message list & task list are also very important. Messaging within prevail is very useful. Sticky notes are really helpful as well.

Cons

Prevail is missing important client information boxes on matter page, such as mother's maiden name, place of birth, etc. This is info that needs to be readily available/easy to find for SSD clients, but no designated spot for this info. Also, generating custom reports is a feature that is needed. Ease of use/customizing personalized settings is not user friendly, could definitely use some work.

Hello Brenda. Your suggestions have been passed on to our development team. If you'd like to be more specific, please email me at rventura@prevail.net. Thank you!

Great legal database program

A few months ago I was starting my own practice as a solo practitioner. I have used Prevail in the past, and was familiar with the program. I have also worked with other programs in the past, and I checked out a few other programs, but they weren't as flexible as Prevail. Even though I was on a budget, the expense of investing in Prevail has already more than made up for itself in the ability that I have to track my clients' needs because of Prevail. I am able to keep track of each client's providers and referral sources and merge documents with great ease to send to clients or providers. I love this program and highly recommend it to anyone who is running a small to medium sized practice.

Pros

Cons

I don't see any down side to the program.

Prevail has allowed our firm to stay up-to-date with our cases and, for that, we love it!

The instant access to view our files and keep up with what is going on with each... The merge-doc function is by far the best feature, as well as the rolodex and the capability to run reports.

Pros

The merge-doc functionality is awesome! We also like the fact that we have instant access to our cases with all the info on the screens about each case. The rolodex is also a plus, especially being able to see what cases are attached to certain rolodex entries.

Cons

Everything in the history gets jumbled up to where it's hard to locate things. Wish there was an option to assign a specific color for each category. Also wish the process was simpler in getting a new report added that we need.

Hi Jennifer, Your concerns are being forwarded to our staff. Thank you for the great review! Robin

The program is great for keeping track of client files and excellent customer service

The ability to view a client's file at a glance without having to have the paper file.

Pros

The ability to keep track of statute dates, creation of specific reports, forms and letters. It is a valuable tool in keeping track of all client files.

Cons

Not being able to add more than one follow up task to a Process; not being able to clear an expense balance in the expenses advanced on behalf of a client.

Hi Tammy! Thank you for your review, and good luck in the drawing! You'll be hearing from Sean in Training about clearing advanced expenses. I see that Ginger has emailed Stephen about upgrading to Prevail 8. In Prevail 8, you'll be able to have a process step trigger as many tasks and appointments as you'd like. Thanks again! Robin Ventura

Awesome!

I can work on so many client matters throughout the day. Reporting is always available at your finger tips. I use the reporting for many different areas and it is so easy to access these reports.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to access clients, easy to read and go into many areas at a time without having to close out another clients file. It is so easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that I do not like. I do wish there were more color schemes that would be easier on the eyes. Some seem to be to bright and others do not show characters well.

Hello Carmen! I set my Prevail to "iMaginary". It's a nice combination of blue and sandy colors. Try it!

I cant imagine my day without prevail!

Prevail is more than a software it's an amazing company that will be there to help you develop your business. I first purchased prevail in 2013 and the SAME STAFF that helped me then has recently helped me through a business transition nearly 4 years later. I highly doubt that you would have those kind of personal relationships at any other software company. Additionally the software is extremely effective but also easy to learn. We've had no problem training incoming staff quickly with prevail. Prevail helps keep me organized and makes it easy to check in on any deadlines in the office. It makes supervising my staff easier than any other program. I promise you will love prevail and the company that provides it.

Pros

Keeps me organized and its easy to teach to new staff

Cons

User friendly, efficient, great customer service to help with questions/suggested improvements

Makes case management 100% easier!

Pros

Very easy to use. Every action taken is automatically documented in one place. SUPER easy to use. Customer service is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and willing to take the time to work out any issues you may have with the program.

Cons

I would like there to be an icon that would attach the photo id to the matter page to make it easier to connect a name with a face.

Hi Samantha. Thanks for reviewing Prevail. In the current version, Prevail 8, you have the ability to attach a photo to a contact. Would you like someone to contact you about the possibility of an upgrade? If so, email me. Robin

Excellent software. Best value for the price. User friendly and support with a smile!

There is no truer statement than garbage in then you get garbage out! The more you use Prevail the more and more awesome Prevail's information you give it helps your cases. Its quick its intuitive and its user friendly. The developer is constantly making it better. We use Prevail daily almost all day and it makes our cases run so smoothly.

Pros

Ease of use and how user friendly it is. The learning curve is nearly zero.

Cons

I can't think of one except maybe that its not FREE? But that wouldn't be fair would it?

Thank you, Bill, for your kind words. It's great to hear that our clients are happy with Prevail, and with us!

My experience has always been amazing.

Reliability and great support. We are able to manage our many different practice areas with one program.

Pros

Very user friendly and they are constantly working on updating the software so we are always ahead of our competition. Their customer service team is always top notch.

Cons

There really aren't any cons. The only thing I would want is for it to communicate with more outside software such as our fax machine to do automated faxes.

Hi Janice. Thanks for your great review! Your suggestion about integrating with fax machines has been passed on to our developers. Robin

I'm a fan

Since day one I have been happy with this product. The capability of this product paid for itself many times over. It auto populates multiple forms meaning I pay less for secretarial help. It keeps me from missing deadlines, which saves clients and cases. It allows me to find out where my business is coming from so I can appropriately say "thank you". It's very flexible to I can add fields as I need. The staff has always been right there ready to help. I could spend a day extolling the advantages if I wanted to take the time.

Pros

It has so many options.

Cons

There is a learning curve.

Easy to use and makes life easier dealing with clients.

Effective communication with clients and staff. It is extremely affordable for all types of law firms and sizes. Extremely helpful staff at Prevail keeps me informed regarding the program processes.

Pros

The note tab and calendar system makes it easy to schedule clients and return phone calls. This system has the ability to track tasks assigned to each staff member. I am able to document tasks and the status of each case on a daily basis. Clients files are worked on a daily basis so there is no lag time to make deadlines.

Saves time!

Time, creativity, information, transition to paperless office

Pros

Great staff! May I join your staff. Saves time....as much as 50% prior to use of Prevail. You can find new uses for Prevail on a continuing basis, either on your own or through the provided resources.

Cons

Can't think of a thing! OK, if I must think of a few.....when I write a history note and my note goes into the extended section the first letter is automatically capitalized even when it is not appropriate. I would call this a petty annoyance.

PREVAIL IS A FANTASTIC SYSTEM

Prevail is a fantastic system for maintaining client files, documents, the current status of each case, the history of the entire case, and the next step which should occur. This system allows you to calendar appointments, as well as set up, assign and complete tasks, and send messages throughout the office. The system integrates with Word, WordPerfect, and QuickBooks. Management reports can be...