ProLaw Reviews - Page 2

Complex but Comprehensive

I used it for 4 years and then because it was so difficult, I went with a more user friendly system.

Pros

The best thing about prolaw was the ability to link client files on one main server that can be accessed by multiple users. I like that the addresses and CMS were easily used to mail merge and to do newsletters.The invoicing was also super easy to use and you are able to capture billable time easily.

Cons

It did not play well with others like Word, Excell and Outlook. I had a very difficult time transferring the files over to a new system and the customer service was very poor.

Decent software, but you pay for french pastry and get a glorified Twinkie

I used ProLaw when I worked for a real estate firm for foreclosure litigation. It did the job, just not as efficient as other programs.

Pros

ProLaw is not terribly difficult to use. There are a lot of customizable fields and it stores a good bit of information. It doesn't require a lot of training and is for the most part intuitive. Also, many of the quirks/bugs can easily be fixed.

Cons

ProLaw is one of the pricier programs out there and as I mentioned above, there are quirks/bugs such as reports having different fonts, lost headers and spacing issues. To me, it is a bit clunky looking. While some people love this setup, I prefer a more streamline program without the information overload.

Makes searching for legal forms and case records an ease.

It allowed me to draft the necessary documents with proper argumentative support to progress my court cases.

Pros

The database of case records as well as various legal documents. Pro law strips the pain away from combing the web for various legal documents and past legal examples.

Cons

The interface can be improved slightly. Signing into the software requires more effort than most softwares and the constant password updates are tiring.

OK PROGRAM

Pros

Our office is used to it, so we have learned to use it. Calendaring functions are good and they syncs with Microsoft outlook which is very good.

Cons

It crashes a lot when searching docs. If the query is not specific enough it crashes m.

Last Update was the Nail in the Coffin

AVOID!

Pros

Document automation - and even that is wonky. Timekeeping is a bit easier, but is still a nightmare.

Cons

Where to start? The last update completely broke our reports, LEDES billing, and there are still numerous glitches. (Worst part about it, we paid for a migration and upgrade, and then we had to pay for them to fix what broke!) The profiling add-ins are a nightmare, and it feels like we took a big step backwards with it. Our billing is still not working correctly, randomly assigning incorrect rates to matters. Customer service is lousy and doesn't care.

Timekeeping not user friendly

The timekeeping system should be more structured to ensure consistency among attorneys entering time.

Pros

The case management system does uploads into our Outlook calendars. I have never used any other case management system.

Cons

The timekeeping should be integrated with our Outlook calendars to automatically incorporate meetings, deadlines and court appearances. There should be a timekeeping tracking in real time as the attorney is working on a motion. Figuring out how to generate reports is very complicated and I still don't know how to print reports with a narrative. The help index is not helpful.

Prolaw does what it needs to do, but boy does it look like it's from the year 1998

The legal firm I worked with migrated out of another database software to ProLaw. ProLaw looks and feels like a Windows 98 computer. It's also like Evernote, which means that if whoever set it up did it poorly, then the whole system breaks down.

Pros

It organizes all of our legal documents, and the data is solid. No data issues so far. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to find clients and the files you saved in there.

Cons

It's so stupidly clunky. To create a matter, it requires multiple steps upon multiple steps. To upload a file, you then have a assortment of options to choose from, which all do the same thing. ProLaw could use a UX designer to modernize things.

earlier versions of ProLaw were better

organization and document review and management.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use and navigate. It feels like having the actual paper file with all the tabs and documents.

Cons

It is low and freezes a lot. I am not sure if it has to do with my system, but it is a little slow.

Not User Friendly

Pros

This is the first I've used a billing program for document management so it's nice to have documents electronically. I don't know how it compares with other programs.

Cons

Not user friendly. Locks up frequently.

Very expensive product for larger law firms

Pros

It allows a larger firm to management documents effectively and efficiently. The platform is also very easy to use

Cons

The expense of this product makes one search for other solutions. It is on the verge of unaffordable regardless of how much the firm produces

Worth Every Penny

Pros

The all inclusiveness of this program makes front and back of office management a breeze.

Cons

It is spendy, but well worth every penny.

Prolaw Review

Pros

The product is an all in one solution which makes my job easier

Cons

Training - The online courses have terrible moderators

ProLaw

Pros

The ease and ability to pull documents and calendars into one program.

Cons

It's a little bit confusing and rather hard to learn.

An Upgrade that Went Way Back.

I would not recommend this for use in any law firm.

Pros

There's not anything I can think of that I have a positive comment to provide on Prolaw.

Cons

Everything is technologically backwards from the older version we had previously. There's far more data input on the user, which is time consuming, the software doesn't open consistently from the toolbar shortcut, it doesn't consistently use tab or enter for saving, it's varies depending on what you are doing. It's an "upgrade" that went back to technology from the late 1990s. Very poor product.

ProLaw not worth the money

VERY unsatisfactory.. would NOT advise anyone use this Frankenstein collection of poorly coded modules.

Pros

Many features promised. Competent support staff

Cons

Navigation, utility, lack of compatibility / comparability restrictions, numerous bugs / errors that have yet to be addressed. Overall software is an utter shambles of committee designed modules that integrate poorly, bugs and errors are numerous and fixes take forever. It has caused staff to quit and has adversely affected the over functioning of our offices.

Awesome!

I have used ProLaw for years and will continue to use this going forward.

Pros

Great webinars! Easy to search for CLEs and to purchase. The interface is easy to use and to navigate. The content is succinct and straightforward, which means they are picking great and experienced speakers. I've been very happy!

Cons

Nothing! I suppose the only thing I could wish for is that the CLEs were free?

user friendly

Pros

very user friendly, makes it easy to learn and integrates well with all other programs that we currently use

Cons

tech support can be tricky to get ahold of, they like to go around the problem instead of getting right to the point of helping

I captured more hours of work

Pros

This program is so much better than our prior software. We are capturing more hours and collecting more money.

Cons

Sometimes the help menus and customer support are not as good as they should be. The program can be hard to learn.

Easy to use service

Pros

ProLaw is great, easy to use software that can help many lawyers’ practices

Cons

There is not much to complain about, but I would like easier search mechanics.

prolaw

Pros

-I like that it syncs and imports well with outlook, word, excel, dictation software. - It generates documents and auto populates, which saves me a significant amount of time - The document can be used by the entire firm and everyone can have access to the documents at the same time - billing is easy to use and is build into the program

Cons

- it is very slow and can sometimes freeze. This happens when I have too many cases open, which is understandable, but it can get annoying -the ability to make personalized documents can be frustrating because it often takes too long -I find that I sometimes get locked out of the billing feature when I don't use it for a long time. -billing descriptors are limited so you have to generalize to find what fits