ProTempus Logo

ProTempus

Practice management system for solo or small law firms

ProTempus Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Most other billing programs use Cloud Based technology. I am unwilling to expose my clients data in the Cloud.
I had billing problems because I was never taught how to keep time.

CK

Cindy K.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

You won't go wrong with ProTempus

Using ProTempus has saved us time in our billing procedures, and has enabled us to bill our clients for all of the time we spend on their cases. The invoices ProTempus creates are precise and clear. The features allow us to pull up lots of information about our clients and billing history. We have recommended ProTempus to all of our attorney friends. We like the fact that ProTempus keeps our data on our local system for security and privacy reasons. In a nutshell, we strongly recommend this product.

Pros

The very best part of this program is the excellent customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always available to answer questions, fix things I mess up, and give sound advice. As my office was learning how to use the software he was patient and kind, always willing to explain how to achieve our goals with the software. Once we learned to use it, we realized that we had been giving away thousands of dollars a year in billable hours that we simply hadn't billed for. ProTempus pays for itself. If there was a feature we wanted, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided it for us. We couldn't ask for better service.

Cons

It took us a couple of months to get used to the software and how to use it. I do not think that is the fault of ProTempus - it was just our learning curve.

EC

Emily C.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Secure, Cloud-free, Easy Quickbook sync, User-friendly, Affordable, Superior Customer Service

I have used ProTempus for the past 3 years & cannot recommend it more. It is hard to find time management/billing software these that doesn't use the Cloud - but ProTempus prides itself on offering a non-cloud based program that is very secure, including remote access through Splashtop. The customer service is top notch! Ron Shaw customizes the program to fit our needs, always make himself available...

Pros

1) Non-cloud based & secure 2) Superior customer support 3) Easy Time tracking and billing 4) Flawless Quickbooks sync with self auditing feature 5) Secure Remote access via splash top 6) Affordable

Cons

Nothing!

Emily, thank you for the in depth review. It has been a pleasure working with you over the past 3 years. - Ron Shaw

MO

Mark O.

This software has increased my productivity, billing and has helped my office run more efficeintly

The ease of use has increased my billing hours by over 20%. I also like the fact that the software is not cloud based. I feel more secure knowing that my client's billing information is not floating around in the cloud. The customer service has been fantastic. Mr. Shaw has gone out of his way to make himself available for any questions or help with any problems--even if it is a Saturday or late in the evening. I would highly recommend ProTempus to any law office, but especially small law offices or firms.

Cons

Mark, I have enjoyed working with you and your staff over the last 10 years. I look forward to helping your office run smoothly for many more years to come. - Ron Shaw

MM

Mike M.

Very good experience, especially with quick and accurate response from customer service when needed

I have been in practice 40 years and have used Pro Tempus for over fifteen years (2 lawyers + 3 support staff). I had billing problems because I was never taught how to keep time. It seemed impossible. I could almost never remember to log phone calls and other work. I would work for hours in research or writing but when I was ready to bill, I could remember only a small part of my time, loosing great...

Cons

Mike, thank you for taking the time to submit such in depth review - Ron Shaw

hQ

hb Q.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

ProTempus the best investment in time, billing management

This software is great. I believe before I got it in 2003 that some billing was missed. It is making me more money.

Pros

As a computer dinosaur, this software is even easy for me. Further, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a great guy and always willing to help with any problems I or my staff have.

Cons

I have not run into any problem that would allow me to say it is the "least liked feature".

RC

Ronald C.

Ronald L Coombs Attorney Review of Pro Tempus

My experience has been exceptional with pro tempus. Ron Shaw has been readily accessible. He immediately responds to all communications.

Pros

It is user friendly

Cons

Mr. Coombs, It has been my pleasure to work with you and your staff over the last 8 years. I look forward to many more. - Ron Shaw

RW

Robert W.

A solo who has used for 4 years

In reply to your Post re: office Management software. Used TABS III for years. Too much Program, costs, updates, and IT requirements for what I needed. Converted to ProTempus. Conversion to ProTempus was handled by Ron Shaw. Easy process'saved, converted, and organized all prior data. Used for 4+ years, now. Very happy with it. I began with it's Billing Program & cost Programs, then extended...

Robert, thanks for your review of ProTempus -Ron Shaw

RS

Rebecca S.

Great product!

I love Protempus. It is extremely easy to use and Ron is always available if you have questions. He is passionate about his product and has excellent customer service to match.

Cons

Rebecca, Thank you for the kind words. It has been my pleasure to work with you and your staff. -Ron

PG

Patricia G.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Cloud Free, User-friendly, Fantastic customer service, Affordable

ProTempus is easy to use. The customer service is the best I have ever experienced for any kind of software. I like that it is not cloud-based. It is so user-friendly that it is easy to learn just from using it. It is also very affordable. I was pleasantly surprised that ProTempus imported all the data from my previous practice management software for FREE--no charge whatsoever. I am extremely pleased with ProTempus.

Pros

Fantastic support and user friendly. Not cloud-based. Very affordable. Free data import.

Cons

So far I have not had a bad experience.

Patricia, Thank you for your kind words. I have enjoyed working with you and your staff and I am looking forward to a long association, watching your office grow with ProTempus. Thanks, Ron Shaw

JB

John B.

This is a great billing program. Will pay for itself several times over.

This program works great. It is easy to use, reliable AND not cloud based. Most important, customer service is excellent. If you have a question, customer service is there to help you. Without hesitation, I recommend this program

Cons

Thanks John for the kind words, I am glad to hear ProTempus is working well for you. - Ron Shaw