Rocket Matter Reviews

4.3/5 (81 reviews)

Pros
  • I hope rocketmatter continues their superb customer service focus - so i can continue to be a loyal customer.maggie p.Read the full review
  • M sure there are more advantages of RM that you can learn if you do your research. I honestly feel it is good for everyone and recommend it.Rogelio V.Read the full review
  • This is a basic, user friendly software that is great for non-volume practice management and makes legal billing very easy.SJ C.Read the full review
Cons
  • I did not encounter any particular flaws. I just found it a little confusing to grasp at the beginning.Graziana Z.Read the full review
  • I hate these horrible spammers. Spam wastes my time and therefore costs me money.Michael T.Read the full review
  • The customer service team is not as efficient in fixing problems as they should be. Canceling the subscription is also a very difficult process.Erika M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Oswaldo Huz

GREAT software to keep track of your cases and bill hours. A bit expensive.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

BILLABLE HOURS! Keep track of them. TEMPLATES! Based on the kind of law you practice. CONTACTS! Let's say you have an adjuster saved as a contact, he calls to settle a case, then you're able to see all cases with him and discuss all.

Pros
When set up properly you can just open new case and auto assign tasks to your staff by templates. We are an Injury Law and this software has made our practice a heck of a lot easier.

Cons
PRICE. Every user is billed separately. Would be nice to have have packages based on the size of the law firm.

Steve Senentz

Awesome in the cloud practice management service!!!

Reviewed 2016-07-28

Our law firm has been using Rocket Matter since 2012. Moving to the cloud was a bit of a learning curve for some of our staff, but they quickly caught on. Since then we have continued to grow in our overall usage of Rocket Matter features and functionality. As a result our firm productivity has increased greatly - particularly in the areas of capturing time and expenses. This in turn has improved our billing and relatedly impacted our profitability. Being able to quickly capture information and bill our clients translates into faster payment receipt because if the invoices don't go out timely, the less likely you are to receive payment anytime soon! Overall I can't see the firm ever moving away from in-the-cloud practice management software as it allows our staff to access and enter key information from anywhere - office, home, while traveling.

Pros
Ease of use. Available across numerous platforms. Accessible anywhere there is internet connectivity. UI appearance (aesthetics). "Spotlight" search and Advanced Search functionality. Customizable invoices (MS Word document format). Responsiveness of app/software. Friendly customer service reps who assist us with questions or issues that may arise.

Cons
Initially the reporting capabilities were rather limited in Rocket Matter, but have only improved steadily. Recent additions such as the advanced analytical reports are proving to be very useful tools for the firm owners to monitor the practice's "metrics".

Rebecca Quade

Rocket Matter Review

Reviewed 2020-02-12

Pros
The Rocket Matter calendar feature is very easy to use and visually see the entire firm's calendar at once. Additionally entering billable time is fairly easy and streamlined.

Cons
Tasks can only be assigned to one user at a time. There should be a feature to allow additional users to at least view tasks assigned to another user on the second users dashboard and task list.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

SJ Chapman

Good but not the best

Reviewed 2018-11-03

Rocket Matter was perfect for us when we only had 25-50 matters. And like I said, the billing was superior to any other practice management software we have used. I think if you are a firm that doesn't do volume work on a daily basis, this is excellent software.

Pros
This is a basic, user friendly software that is great for non-volume practice management and makes legal billing very easy. It keeps track of all your matters and clients, and you can tag multiple matters to a client. You can search by client or matter, and it stores all the contact data for your clients.

Cons
We are a tiny volume law firm that handles 500 matters simultaneously. Rocket Matter was not enough for us. We switched to a practice management software that has checklists and steps - once you've checked off the items for one step, it moves you to the next step. Rocket Matter did not have that dynamic functionality we require.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Rogelio Villagomez

Rocket Matter is everything you need. And it is Great!

Reviewed 2016-07-14

Rocket Matters (RM) is everything you need for your law office and most other practices. My company has been using it since around January 2013 and we are very happy with it. Before I have used ProLaw, Clio, and Abacuslaw but RM blows the others out of the water.

Pros
You can upload documents to every matter/case you have. You can put in transactions. This is specially useful so that any user can see what has been happening in the case. It is also very easy to read unlike ProLaw/Abacuslaw. The system feels clean and clutter free. The system is very easy to use. Adding documents/notes/transactions/billing is very useful. We love that we are able to add tags to matters. Very often you have case numbers, family members that are a part of the case but the name of the case is in someone else's name. Without these it is very difficult to match some correspondences to their cases. There is a build in time you can use to assist you with billing for what you are doing. RM is very easy to teach to new staff. Most things are self explanatory.

Cons
Very few. Sometimes when they redesign the system it can take some getting used to. But this is true of every program out there. And even then they give you over 30 days were you can try the new design and still go back to the old one if you have trouble with it. Sometimes the system can be slow. However this can be a combination of the computer and internet speed. Sometimes you can't duplicate case names. Which makes sense in a way since you don't want to confuse it with another case and make an error, but too often client's have the same name.

McKenna Cox

Rocket Matter makes my and my clients' lives easier

Reviewed 2017-02-15

I love that I or my staff can look up anything we need to know about any case whenever we need to when a client calls; when we are on the go; or when working from home or on a trip. Uploaded documents and linking emails to a case on Rocketmatter makes every case file easy to find and use no matter where I am. It's like my whole filing cabinet is with me wherever I need it. And notes make digging through files for information or case status a thing of the past. I cannot tell you how much easier my life is since our firm has switched (and got my whole firm to switch) to Rocketmatter. Timekeeping woes are a thing of the past as I can enter time in my phone right from the courthouse. And billing takes 2 minutes instead of a whole day, with bills ready to be emailed or mailed to clients at a moment's notice. Clients really like the detailed, itemized statements Rocketmatter produces. The staff is responsive and ready to help.

Pros
Easy to use, keep everything organized, keeps me on track, increase communications between staff and attorneys, mobile.

Cons
The iPad app is very glitchy; two-way calendar syncing with iCal has long been difficult if not impossible; Syncing calendars with Google cal is glitchy; billing for large insurance companies (LEDES for example) is difficult; and the software can be slow at times depending on your access to high speed internet.

BARBARA RHENEY

Rocket Matter Support Team can't be Beat!

Reviewed 2016-09-26

Although I feel that there are some features that could be adjusted or tweaked to make better, I gave a resounding 5 star rating to the service team there and would have given more if available. When I hit a road block, 9 times out of 10, the team there gets it "fixed" while I'm on the phone, within minutes, (I do like being able to talk with a human quickly for most problems). If the issue is one that is a bit more complicated, they do not hesitate to get help from someone who has maybe been there longer or might have had the issue come up before. And, they are always willing to "put suggestions" in front of the developing team. They always work with you on your level and can put it in words that anyone can understand.

Pros
That I can get help anytime I need it. Again, hats off to a great support team!

Cons
the calendar . . . I wish it was easier to enter events without having to go back and forth between the calendar and the event screen . . . that you could enter multiple events on the same screen . . . I wish that there were more color categories . . . We use outlook calendar and cannot sync with Rocket Matter for this reason. We use different color categories for mediations, hearings, etc. And, combine those categories with the attorney/people attending each. Do not like that you have individual "blocks" if more than one person is attending the same event.

maggie paez

rocketmatter review

Reviewed 2016-09-26

i consider rocketmatter the "american express" of law office software. both rocketmatter and american express offer me" first rate customer service" - it is as simple as that! when i have an issue , i want to speak with a real live expert who can help me resolve the issue. i don't want to send an email only to get back some confusing response which may not make sense to me... nor do i want to wade through a phone tree for 20 minutes (at least!) only to end up in the wrong dept. and then get disconnected when i am transferred. i hope rocketmatter continues their superb customer service focus - so i can continue to be a loyal customer.

Pros
highly intuitive from a user perspective.

Cons
i still think that the statement page is confusing. the date of last payment should be notable on statement page. the ability to enter more than one payment per month along with dates should be an option and notable on statement page. not that impressed with the new interface - find it slows me down in entry of data.

Anonymous

A Clio Alternative

Reviewed 2015-10-07

I thoroughly researched and personally tested several case management systems, both cloud-based and not, before deciding on RocketMatter. During my decision-making process, the sales staff were helpful and never pushy. Once I made the decision, they had me up and running in no time flat. The learning curve is gentle. RocketMatter now saves me hours (if not actual days) each month, which I can devote to billable tasks rather than the billing process. I would highly recommend RocketMatter to any small law firm out there!

Pros
-Fantastic customer service! Always prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and professional! -Very user-friendly format, easy to learn quickly. -Batch billing. Enough said.

Cons
I would like to see more customizable reports, including reports based on custom fields. I would like to see the included fields be more customizable. (For example, instead of a dedicated field for "Office Phone" how about making it a telephone number field that can be specified as to whether it is for the client's home, office, mobile, etc., in much the same way as Contacts are handled in the Apple iOS?) At the very least, that field should be "Primary Phone" rather than "Office Phone." I would also like to see a messaging feature built into the Client Portal, so that messages can be sent back and forth to clients from within RocketMatter. Finally, I would like to have built in functions for automatically adding interest on past due balances when invoicing, as well as the ability to add a monthly fee based on a percentage of current billing. (These are functions that Abacus has built in, but I wouldn't even consider using Abacus at any point in the future.)

maritza ravelo

Not impressed

Reviewed 2019-10-23

The application was frustrating and quirky. Not good for a small law firm.

Pros
The overall look of the application was nice and it was somewhat easy to use.

Cons
I found the application to be over-simplified and somewhat childish. This application is really geared for a younger set. It just didnt seem polished or professional. It lacks a lot of functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jodi Martin

Great program for Solo/Small Firm setting

Reviewed 2016-09-14

I have been using Rocket Matter for the past 4 years and have been extremely satisfied with it. In my previous big firm life we used a billing system that wasted more time than it saved and we didn't even use a case management system. Starting my own firm I knew that I wanted something better that would streamline my practice. Rocket Matter filled those needs, plus some. The billing side of Rocket Matter makes my invoicing process more efficient and accurate. I handle a wide range of cases, so I use all of the billing options, to include flat fee, hourly, and contingency, and I like that Rocket Matter is set up to handle each of them. The trust accounting features allow me to stay on top of my trust account and know which files will need to be replenished. The integration with LawPay allows my clients to pay their invoices quicker. And my clients enjoy the client portal nearly as much as I do. On the few occasions I have encountered difficulties I have been able to reach out to support and receive quick and accurate assistance. The only reason I gave it four stars on features is because there are two things I think could be improved - it would be great 1) if clients could upload documents to the client portal and 2) if the billing in contingency cases was easier to close out. I can't imagine running my firm without Rocket Matter by my side.

Kasey Sirody

Rocket Matter makes it easy to make money

Reviewed 2016-07-15

I have been using this program for a few years for my small firm and love it. It is very easy to get started, add a client and start billing. Creating your invoices is equally as easy. Most of all, their customer service has been above and beyond and I truly appreciate that. I had an issue a few years back that seemed complex and they went in to the system and made the fix ASAP and were very considerate of the stress it was causing me not to be able to do my billing.

Pros
The iPhone app makes it easy to track billing on the road The interface is very user friendly They are very responsive to customer concerns I worked for a firm as a legal secretary before I was an attorney. We had an issue with losing billing one month and the backup was corrupted. We had to work round the clock to recreate the billing to get paid that month. It was a nightmare. Having this saves money and headaches.

H. Douglas Shepherd IV

Rocket Matter = Single Most Important Decision I Made When Starting My New Firm

Reviewed 2016-07-15

When I started my new practice, North Coast Legal, PLC, there were many decisions to make..... phone systems, billing, case management, location, staffing, etc..... I could not be happier with my case management/billing choice in Rocket Matter. I am more organized than I have ever been, I don't miss a $ of billing opportunity, my Invoices are complete, accurate and very professional. I.... Can't..... Recommend.... Rocket Matter... .Enough! Top notch product. Top notch customer service. Continuing to launch new, value added features.

Pros
Billing = $. Rocket Matter keeps me organized and allows me to not miss a billing opportunity. The interface is excellent.

Cons
Although the I-Phone App is good, there are some features missing from the PC interface. I wish there was a faster way to input payments of multiple Invoices. Right now too many steps. I've expressed this concern to Rocket Matter and based upon their track record, I fully expect they will address the issue.

Shannon Bronico

Great tool for managing trust accounting, client billing, calendars and case notes in once place

Reviewed 2017-05-17

RocketMatter acts as an automated trust accounting system that updates as I bill clients, and provides various reports and summaries to help analyze the financial needs of the business easily.

Pros
The billing system offers many options to tweak the system to suit many different billing situations for clients, such as billing method (hourly, flat fee, evergreen retainer, etc). You can upload invoice formats that you can customize to suit your needs. For example, we need invoices to be generated in English, Spanish, or in both languages depending on the client. We created formats per these 3 needs and can set the default invoice format per client or per matter. It also serves as a secondary record of trust accounting for the IOLTA account.

Cons
The Matter Documents system needs work. It's useful to be able to record notes, but they can't be exported, there's no option for generating a printer-friendly version, and you can't open them in new windows. That results in printing case notes taking up 30 to 60 minutes of my time.

Cierra Cummins

Helps our Firm Run Efficiently

Reviewed 2016-07-27

As the office manager of a small, but very busy law firm I can confidently state we would not be able to function without Rocket Matter. Rocket Matter enhances our ability to accurately keep track of each client and their individual tasks and ledgers. Rocket Matter also has great functionality to keep track of the bigger picture including overall Trust Account ledgers. Admittedly, we do not use the phone message function, but I believe it is a very valuable tool, and yet another reason to make the jump to Rocket Matter if your firm is hesitant.

Pros
Clean, easy layout

Cons
Small glitches with how tasks are ordered.

Patricia Uro-May

mis dos centavos

Reviewed 2016-09-16

Have mostly liked what I know how to use but am sure I am underutilizing it and have not yet been willing to go to the new version since I would feel lost and wase too much time learning the new system. It would be great if I had someone to talk to to walk me through it in person or on the phone with them seeing my screen

Pros
Billing feature, ability to have client information in same place

Cons
Not so easy to navigate between one thing and another. The timer feature drives me crazy because it often does not work and tit has to be turned off before the program or you cannot use it.

Rachel Schaffer

Best Case Management Software Hands Down

Reviewed 2017-04-17

My firm has been with Rocketmatter since early 2011. I have looked and dabbled in other case management softwares but we just keep finding that Rocketmatter is the best fit for our firm. The user interface is so easy even the most untechnologically savvy person can use it! Just this past week Rocketmatter called me to tell me we were eligible for discount. Things like that and the CONSTANT updates to keep the software at the cutting edge for attorney purposes is why we will continue to stay with Rocketmatter.

Pros
easy user interface link to quickbooks and lawpay client portal

Cons
If a client forgets their portal password I have to call Rocketmatter to have it reset.

Amy Atwood

Excellent Service that Keeps Getting Better!

Reviewed 2016-08-03

We started using RocketMatter about six years ago and it was the best billing decision we ever made. Highly recommend.

Pros
The program is intuitive and user-friendly. The support team is extremely responsive and always professional.

Cons
In the past, we've wished for certain features, and RocketMatter has delivered! The one thing we're currently wishing for is another Outlook plug-in that will allow us to choose matters while setting our schedules in our Outlook calendars. When we asked them about this recently, they said they're already working on it!

John Z

Keeps my life sane

Reviewed 2016-09-26

Very satisfied overall. Like everything it could always use a few tweaks to coincide with the way I do things but I still find it to be the best system around for my practice

Pros
Intuitive, easy to use, great customer support, and never had an issue with the system not be available. The new multiple timers are a great addition.

Cons
Wish it had a better Android interface. I also miss the stand alone timer window. I use the one on the main screen, but did like the separate window. Also wish I could download multiple documents to the portl at once instead of having to do so one at a time.

Tammy Dean

Great product, user friendly

Reviewed 2016-09-26

Rocket Matter is a great tool for tracking and maintaining client files and scheduling dockets. The billing is pretty straight forward--easy.

Pros
The ease of use and simplification of opening files. If a change needs to be made to a matter after it has been set up, it is easily changed or corrected.

Cons
Clients with more than one matter receive separate bills for each matter which is confusing. It would be helpful to allow clients with more than one matter to receive one bill. I would like to see one bill that includes all matters with each matter's costs and time separated. The invoice cover would summarize the costs and time for each matter then give a Client total. Hope this makes sense.

Sara Pitcher

Excellent customer service

Reviewed 2016-07-15

I love the customer service and the ability to access my documents from home or share with clients and my office staff. It is very convenient. It also makes invoicing very quick. The ability to integrate with Law Pay is nice also.

Pros
The customer service is excellent. My issues are always resolved very quickly and if I have any questions about how to use the software, I am always given step by step guidance.

Cons
I wish you were able to select who to share a document with as you were uploading it, rather than having to go through two separate steps.

Nathan Petersen

Great software that makes running your firms easier and more efficient!

Reviewed 2016-09-26

Great software that makes running your firms easier and more efficient! I have been using Rocket Matter since 2011 and will not be moving away. Tracking cases, recording time, dealing with billing and invoicing are all much easier with Rocket Matter! I am convinced that my firms makes significantly more because of Rocket Matter.

Pros
Easy to use, efficient and streamlines administrative tasks.

Cons
Would prefer to group discount or bundle deal for additional users.

Cheryl Haak

ROCKET MATTER gets an A!

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Ease of use. convenience.

Pros
Rocket Matter was very user friendly. Generating Bills and entering payments was simplified with this newest version. Timekeeping is wonderful and the Messaging feature makes passing message to the file a breeze!

Cons
I seem to have lost my "notes" section without going in through the back door to find it... the lost feature could only be found by going into prior comments in the file and then clicking on the old note and adding from that screen.

Anonymous

Great For Office Organization

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Pros
I liked that I could color code everyone in the office's calendar and see what everyone had going on specific days to avoid scheduling conflicts. I also loved how I could task others in the office to complete items, knowing it wouldn't be on a sticky note that could end up in the trash. It provides accountability to all users which helps make an office run more efficiently.

Cons
I did not find any cons with rocket matter.

Cyndi Abbate

Rocket Matter Rocks

Reviewed 2016-10-05

Having had no background in billing, I had to learn this program on my own when I took this job. Rocket Matter has been very easy to pick up, very intuitive to use. The manual is easy to follow, the quick sheets are great and I am especially impressed with the customer service/help desk reps. BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any vendor I have every worked with! Nice, patient and very helpful. I highly recommend Rocket Matter.

Pros
Ease of use.

Cons
Nothing so far.