Rocket Matter Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

practicepanther-legal-software
cosmolex

Technical support is fabulous, both through packaged online help and, on the very few occasions when it has been necessary, direct contact with a technical support representative.
Overall, my experience with Rocket Matter has been very successful in navigating through the website and it is pretty self explanatory which helps when training new employees comes up.
I also love the layout, being able to customize, the drop-down feature helps keep me organized and the page clean.
It freezes all the time. This is disruptive to my workday.
It defaults to the current date which is slightly annoying when you are entering time for a prior date.
Constant problems with slow service. Accounting feature does not integrate well with QUICKBOOKS.

EC

Eliel C.

Accounting Manager

Best Cloud Software for Client Management

Transcript

Speaker 1: Good morning. My name is Eliel. I'm a bookkeeper for the Florida law firm. Today. I'm going...

Maritza R.

Paralegal

Not impressed

Transcript

Maritza: Hi, my name is Maritza, and I'm a paralegal in the legal profession. I give Rocket Matter a...

BG

Brittany G.

Rocketmatter for Legal professionals

Pros

The ease in using this software makes working to track time spent on cases flawless.

Cons

I least like that you have to manually input custom billing rates. I think an option to select a handful of cases to all set billing until we need to adjust cases due to increased or decreased billing per hour.

SS

Steve S.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Awesome in the cloud practice management service!!!

Our law firm has been using Rocket Matter since 2012. Moving to the cloud was a bit of a learning curve for some of our staff, but they quickly caught on. Since then we have continued to grow in our overall usage of Rocket Matter features and functionality. As a result our firm productivity has increased greatly - particularly in the areas of capturing time and expenses. This in turn has improved...

Pros

Ease of use. Available across numerous platforms. Accessible anywhere there is internet connectivity. UI appearance (aesthetics). "Spotlight" search and Advanced Search functionality. Customizable invoices (MS Word document format). Responsiveness of app/software. Friendly customer service reps who assist us with questions or issues that may arise.

Cons

Initially the reporting capabilities were rather limited in Rocket Matter, but have only improved steadily. Recent additions such as the advanced analytical reports are proving to be very useful tools for the firm owners to monitor the practice's "metrics".

JR

Jason R.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Adequate but not spectacular. Could use more flexibility.

Pros

Convenient to check billing on individual matters to make sure projects are staying on budget.

Cons

There is no much dashboard customization available to users of the software. The options under dashboard settings are limited to "Calendar Centric" or "Task Centric." My firm does not use either of the calendar or task functions of Rocketmatter, so this is all wasted space on the dashboard. I would prefer the ability to use some of this space to show more information about my running timers. Also, when you open the list of running timers, not enough of the matter name is displayed. It becomes difficult to differentiate between different matters without opening up the individual timers.

Jason, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced some frustration with Rocket Matter and would love the opportunity to make it right! Our matter dashboard widgets can be rearranged however you like, giving you the ability to prioritize your information for each matter. We will also pass along your feedback regarding the timers to our engineering team since we're always looking for ways to improve our product. If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@rocketmatter.com or call us at 888-432-1529. Thanks again!

CH

Catherine H.

Law Practice, self-employed

Perfect for the Sole Practioner

Rocke Mmatter streamlined our billing process so that what used to take 4-5 days per month (I kid you not) with Quickbooks Professional for law offices , now takes a few hours.

Pros

1. Keeping track of time I think is the bane of all attorneys no matter how large the firm. I love that I can open a timer and save the work and come back to the same time if I get interrupted - which is always! 2. I love the client portal component and so do my clients, well with the exception that they frequently forget their log in information and have to obtain that from me. 3. Billing and payments are super easy. 4. The reports are easy to use.

Cons

1. That there is no email component that integrates the calendar with email. I wish the new text feature wasn't so expensive. For solo practitioners I just can't see that there is a good cost/need or want ratio. 2. I imagine if I wanted to get the most out of Rocket Matter it would take hours of me going through tutorials to fully understand all the functions. I really need to explore the document prep section. 3. Kanban - what is it for?

GW

G Ware C.

Not just for Mac Users

This software does all it claims to do and does it well.

Pros

Many years ago Rocket matter was brought to my attention as a billing, time management and accounting tool for Mac users. Since then it has grown and has outgrown its reputation as a Mac program while not outgrowing its utility for Mac Users. My assistant uses a PC running Windows. My accountant works on Linux and everyone communicates flawlessly. I spend 80 percent of my work time on my iPad Pro...

Cons

Every now and then I make suggestions to Rocket Matter and its features. I would like to complain but RM in fact listens to its clients.

Thank you for the kind review! We are thrilled to hear you have been happy with Rocket Matter and look forward to our continued partnership!

AK

Amanda K.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Rocket matter small firm user

I feel stuck. I can’t really get what I need from rocket matter but I can’t easily export data.

Pros

I like that it’s web based and can be used anywhere. Both the attorney and the assistant can log in and add time. Easy way to manage trust account. Nice that there’s an app, too.

Cons

It’s not very intuitive. If you create an invoice and need to make changes, it’s really difficult. Lots of different screens. You cannot retroactively enter interest on an invoice from a certain date. Expensive compared to similar products. Hard to export data to move to another program. Customer service is not very helpful.

MC

McKenna C.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Rocket Matter makes my and my clients' lives easier

I love that I or my staff can look up anything we need to know about any case whenever we need to when a client calls; when we are on the go; or when working from home or on a trip. Uploaded documents and linking emails to a case on Rocketmatter makes every case file easy to find and use no matter where I am. It's like my whole filing cabinet is with me wherever I need it. And notes make digging through...

Pros

Easy to use, keep everything organized, keeps me on track, increase communications between staff and attorneys, mobile.

Cons

The iPad app is very glitchy; two-way calendar syncing with iCal has long been difficult if not impossible; Syncing calendars with Google cal is glitchy; billing for large insurance companies (LEDES for example) is difficult; and the software can be slow at times depending on your access to high speed internet.

JH

Jennifer H.

Search Contact

Good, it is nice to be able to call and get help right away and if they can't help you they will get back to you pretty quickly

Pros

The different features that you can do and the support

Cons

When you search someone that is only a contact, nothing comes up, you have to search to the left under the contact section. I wish you could just start searching and it will show the contact. It shows activity but not the contact. Of course it lets you click on the contact when it has a matter associated with it I just think it would be better to search it from there. We never use the contact thing on the left of the screen

MS

Mallory S.

Quality Software, Frequent Freezes

It allows us to easily track time and bill clients.

Pros

I like the ease of billing clients. I can do it from anywhere.

Cons

It freezes all the time. This is disruptive to my workday.

Mallory, Thank you for your feedback! It makes us happy to know that you find our program easy to use. Regarding our speed, we are always looking for ways to increase our platform's performance. We will definitely make sure to pass along this info to our engineering team. If any problems persist, please be sure to reach out to our support team who can help perform some troubleshooting. You can reach us at support@rocketmatter.com or call us at 888-432-1529. Thanks again!

JM

Jodi M.

Great program for Solo/Small Firm setting

I have been using Rocket Matter for the past 4 years and have been extremely satisfied with it. In my previous big firm life we used a billing system that wasted more time than it saved and we didn't even use a case management system. Starting my own firm I knew that I wanted something better that would streamline my practice. Rocket Matter filled those needs, plus some. The billing side of Rocket...

PC

Peggy Clarie S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Rocket Matter the spine of our business

Pros

The software serves as the hub of the law practice. It manages case process billing and our document assembly. Very functional, great value for money and easy to use

Cons

The connectivity to rocket matter via web can sometimes be down. I believe it is a server issue and they are working on it.

KM

Kammy M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Pelts, McMullan, Edgington & Morgan a secretaries review.

I have only had positive experiences with Rocket Matter. The chat support is amazing. I love that the classes that you offer and the help videos.

Pros

There is so many things it hard to pick one that I am going with time savers. The dashboard saves me lots of time by having so much information in one place. The reoccurring billing and email links for payments are huge. Also, the merge documents have made my job so much easier.

Cons

Related contacts has helped us tremendously. However, it would be great if we had the option to link or not link their invoices. If the clients owe for different things, It gets confusing separating the amounts once they are added together.

SB

Shannon B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Great tool for managing trust accounting, client billing, calendars and case notes in once place

RocketMatter acts as an automated trust accounting system that updates as I bill clients, and provides various reports and summaries to help analyze the financial needs of the business easily.

Pros

The billing system offers many options to tweak the system to suit many different billing situations for clients, such as billing method (hourly, flat fee, evergreen retainer, etc). You can upload invoice formats that you can customize to suit your needs. For example, we need invoices to be generated in English, Spanish, or in both languages depending on the client. We created formats per these 3 needs and can set the default invoice format per client or per matter. It also serves as a secondary record of trust accounting for the IOLTA account.

Cons

The Matter Documents system needs work. It's useful to be able to record notes, but they can't be exported, there's no option for generating a printer-friendly version, and you can't open them in new windows. That results in printing case notes taking up 30 to 60 minutes of my time.

MG

Michelle G.

Generic software

Pros

Fairly easy to navigate between matters.

Cons

Task list is terrible. When you link into a matter from the dashboard and go back, it takes you back to the standard list of 30 tasks and not where you left off. In a busy office where tasks lists are used daily, it is a difficult to use the provided task list as you want to go back to where you were working from not at the beginning.

Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced some frustration with Rocket Matter. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we will share your review with our product team so that we can continue to improve our core Rocket Matter software. Thanks!

BB

Brent B.

Rocket Matter

Overall good, but I have gotten quotes from competitors to see other features and costs.

Pros

I have used this software for 5 to 6 years. it has some great features and is easy for myself and staff to use. Easy to input data -easy dashboard- Not too busy- some competitors have too many tabs to manage through. Document creation

Cons

Needs some updating. Client Portal has had some issues. wish I could text clients out of software as well as send documents to be signed. they offer 3rd party solutions but nice to be in app.

JN

Joseph N.

Good product

It's much easier to track your time, send invoices, look at where you need to improve, and accept credit card payments. There is no doubt that my revenue has grown because of RocketMatter.

Pros

The team is very accessible. There are significant features, including task listing, a communicator, a timer, credit card merchant services, a report generator, and an invoice generator.

Cons

It's not always easy to find what you are looking for on the "reports" button, when you are looking for detailed information on the financial functioning of the firm. You sometimes have to guess which item on the menu to click on to get the information that you're looking for, unless you regularly generate the reports.

CW

Cindy W.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Pros

It was easy to use and teach to everyone.

Cons

I would like it where you can report monthly time and quarterly time separately.

JS

Joanna S.

Rocket Matter Review

Overall I think the system works well.

Pros

As a legal assistant, I use Rocket Matter to enter my time for services performed on client matters. For the most part it is a quick and easy way to enter time during the work day.

Cons

There are times that it seems slow. Also, when entering time on multiple accounts one after the other, the system will freeze and I have to wait a few minutes for it to catch up.

Joanna, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly working on ways to increase speed and efficiency within our platform and will pass this info along to our engineering team. Thanks again!

CB

Chris B.

Why I stay with RM

I keep getting calls from reps for Clio or other similar products and all I say is I'm happy with RM. If I have a problem, you help fix it. If I need to do something that I don't do often and can't remember the steps, you walk me through the process. Like my Apple products, it just works.

Pros

It mostly works like I work. Some of the various integrations and case management tools have a pretty steep learning curve, but they are not overwhelming.

Cons

There is not a way to track time in a file that is billed as a flat fee. Time tracking is needed so that profitability can be determined.

ES

Eric S.

Law Practice, self-employed

Excellent Billing Software

Great.

Pros

Ease of use. Such an easy product to use and bill.

Cons

The App on the phone is cumbersome and always requires a login information. I hate that as it is difficult to always remember whatever password I have for various apps and programs because so many require to change. Also, I found it the few times I used the phone app cumbersome.

ab

adam b.

Best Bang for your Buck

The support is great and the product is also great. There is not a better option out there, at least for a small firm. Nothing is perfect so I did not give it 5 stars on some items. It does significantly more than we need it for but we obviously have the option to expand our usage.

Pros

It captures all information I need and is easy to access.

Cons

It is still expensive for a small firm like us. We are paying for a large number of features which have no application for us.

RS

Robert S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Freezes and gets slowed down often

Billing and record-keeping are​ very easy and reliable.

Pros

If you accidentally​ close Rocket Matter, the timer is not lost and still keeps time if you reopen it right away.

Cons

You have to get the client's name perfectly spelled when looking for a file. No suggestions are made. Also, there are times that you do get the name and the file is not found. You have to use another​ person's name connected with the file to find it. And, the connection freezes and gets very slow on occasion (not my system).

MF

Melissa F.

Melissa Fisher

Software is very user friendly and very good customer service.

Pros

I love how you can access this software from anywhere. As an assistant that may work on the road sometimes, its nice to see any notifications that come across my phone to determine if it needs to be addressed ASAP.

Cons

I do not like how you are not able to search within matter documents for a specific document. I would like to go to a matter, look in the documents and do a search of what I am looking for.

TD

Tammy D.

Great product, user friendly

Rocket Matter is a great tool for tracking and maintaining client files and scheduling dockets. The billing is pretty straight forward--easy.

Pros

The ease of use and simplification of opening files. If a change needs to be made to a matter after it has been set up, it is easily changed or corrected.

Cons

Clients with more than one matter receive separate bills for each matter which is confusing. It would be helpful to allow clients with more than one matter to receive one bill. I would like to see one bill that includes all matters with each matter's costs and time separated. The invoice cover would summarize the costs and time for each matter then give a Client total. Hope this makes sense.

CH

Cheryl H.

ROCKET MATTER gets an A!

Ease of use. convenience.

Pros

Rocket Matter was very user friendly. Generating Bills and entering payments was simplified with this newest version. Timekeeping is wonderful and the Messaging feature makes passing message to the file a breeze!

Cons

I seem to have lost my "notes" section without going in through the back door to find it... the lost feature could only be found by going into prior comments in the file and then clicking on the old note and adding from that screen.