TrialWorks Reviews

4.37/5 (79 reviews)

Pros
  • Easy to use
  • ease of use
  • User friendly
  • User friendly
Cons
  • None
  • Training costs extra
  • Too difficult to use.
  • I don't have any yet.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kenneth Goldblatt, Esq.

Applauding Trialworks Case Management

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I have been using trialworks for almost 20 years. I believe I was one of the first of New York attorneys to use the product. It transformed the way our office has been able to manage our caseload. Additionally, the support is first rate in both its timeliness and effectiveness.

Pros
it is very user friendly and permits us to use add and use our own documents

Cons
i do not have a negative thing to say

Randy Pelham

TrialWorks Works

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I've been using TrialWorks for approximately 10 years. I tried other legal software and found it either too limiting or not very user friendly. TrialWorks is extremely powerful and can be adapted to most types of law. It is extremely user friendly and took my staff no time in picking it up.

Pros
User friendly.

Cons
Some functions are not explained well in the manual and require a phone call to support.

Simone Fulmer

Couldn't get along without it!

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I started a new law firm in 2014. Having never used a case management software tool, I was astounded by what Trialworks could do for us! Everyone at Trialworks has been helpful and attentive since Day One. I highly recommend to anyone who desires an organized, paperless office.

Pros
Organization and search capabilities.

Cons
It's a little "clunky" at first.

Denise Abruzzese

Trialworks Does What It Needs to do

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Overall it is a very good product. I would like to see a workflow with documents generated automatically attached to the workflow and I would like to see a way to have a document generate doctors names and dates of service and billing amount automatically. This would have to be done in the code and would greatly help personal injury firms do the medical specials letters/demands. There is no way to code the doctors information in a document at this time.

Pros

Cons
There is no workflow with attached documentation. There is no way to code doctors names and details in a document.

Felicia Kaidman

Excellent Functionalty and Software

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I started using trialworks a little over two years ago. I tried many different trial software programs before I committed to trialworks . I have never regretted my decision. The ease of use as well as excellent customer service make this software an asset to my firm.

Pros
Ease of use and excellent organization.

Cons
None

Bill Austill

Trialworks Solved our Case Management Problems

Reviewed 2016-07-11

We tried demos of 9 different case management software programs from 2000 to 2004 and finally found Trialworks. The team at Trialworks was very responsive to our needs and concerns. We started using Trialworks in June 2004 and have never looked back. Their team is responsive to suggestions for improvements and concerns about problems. We highly recommend Trialworks.

Claudia Londono

A+ for Functionality

Reviewed 2017-02-01

Overall a great experience with the software and customer service. User friendly and easily adaptable to meet the needs of any firm.

Pros
Ability to interface with multiple programs Easy to use Most fields can be customized to meet firm specific needs Templating options.

Cons
Bookmarking can be difficult

Karen Culley

TRIALWORKS is GREAT

Reviewed 2017-02-10

We have been a customer of TRIALWORKS almost from the inception of this company. We have always received the best customer service and updated on a regular basis.

Pros
There are constantly changing to keep the system running smoothly with all the requirements changes within the internet.

Ginger Pickard

Friendly

Reviewed 2017-01-31

TrialWorks is great software but its best feature are the people. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Their positive attitude is wonderful :)

Pros
ease of use

Cons
some features are a little cumbersome, but that's just the nature of a relational database

Erik Grindal

Only one issue

Reviewed 2017-02-06

I have had occasions where Trial Works was not functioning after 5:00 pm or on the weekends. These coverage for these types of problems are very slow.

Pros
Easy to use and reliable. I also like the up to date programs on the desk top

Cons
There are some features that would be helpful. One feature would be calculation of future worker comp benefits such as offered on Workerscomputation.com. Another problem is that when I get emails with a link to another page or document, the links don't work once the emails are taken out of outlook and saved to the file.

Chris Wyant

Important part of my practice

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I think Trialworks is a great case management software for personal injury firms. It really saves a lot of time and energy and is a great support for my practice.

Pros
Ease of use, reliability, quick support

Cons
Hard to identify a con

Joan Nagar

SKG review

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Serves the purpose for our firm. The program does not allow users to delete certain categories and notes no longer needed. Further, it does not allow users to correct mistakes with File It.

Pros
User friendly

Cons
Cannot delete categories

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tonia Chambers

Reliability is the key...

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I am an independent contractor, and as such, it was difficult to switch from product to product to support the needs of my company's varied clientele. That's where TrialWorks stepped in and provided a solution, one which our clients have welcomed as compared to their previous onsite solutions. TrialWorks has provided solutions to over 90% of each client's need. The common request from each was to implement a program which provided reliability, as well as ease of use. Our investment in the hosted solution has thrilled our clients and made my job easier.

Pros
Reliability, ease of use and app

Cons
Customization limitations

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Howard Strongin

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed 2017-01-31

My firm has used TrialWorks since our founding 17 1/2 years ago. TrialWorks has been instrumental in our growth.

Pros
Relational database and ease of use.

Cons
Program "looks old." Not easy to modify.

Sharon Dunn

Excellent Case Management Tool

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Our Legal Department uses TrialWorks to stay on top of our many litigation cases. I find TrialWorks a breeze to use in locating records pertaining to each case. Our paralegals are able to scan the records right into TrialWorks. As the Office Administrator, many times I have to search for cases and/or the attorneys assigned to the cases. TrialWorks makes the search easy as well as opening files and printing them, as needed.

Pros
User friendly

Cons
Sometimes, I get lost trying to search for records. Purely, a need for training on my part.

If 8 bit is your thing, then try it

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Pros
Multiple users can be working on the same file and it updates automatically.

Cons
It's nothing more than an electronic filing cabinet. You cannot work on documents within the software but rather must keep downloading and uploading.

Response from TrialWorks

TrialWorks helps to manage all aspects of your case from the granular details of case facts and deadlines to organizing your case files with our robust document management product. Document generation can be completed utilizing templates to pull the critical data entered about your client's case. TrialWorks utilizes Microsoft Word to create documents directly from a wide-range of tabs including correspondence, pleadings, depo and hearing notices to settlement statements. Using the document assembly feature, documents are linked to the appropriate case and tab automatically. Information on our document templates can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Steven Shaw

Meh - Until I find something better.

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I started using Trialworks at my former firm, and never really took to it. However, when I went out on my own I took my assistant with me, and it is the only practice management system she knows, so we kept it. I have, with little success, tried to warm up to the system. It is very unintuitive. Most of the fields are impossible to use or understand. The resources for training are sparse and hard to access. I have tried to find an alternative produce which my assistant would be willing to use and have yet to find it. I suppose, if one understands how to make the product work, it could be very helpful. But it is too stark and too difficult to simply see and use, and it has the appearance of something created for Windows 3.1.

Pros
My assistant is willing to rely on it.

Cons
Too difficult to use.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Kamp Purdy

Attorney

Reviewed 2010-09-14

Our attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient as a result of our use of TrialWorks.

Pros
In preparation for our recent equity shareholders meeting, we ran quarterly reports addressing billable hours and dollars generated. We noticed a sharp increase in both, approximately 15%, beginning the month that we implemented TrialWorks firm wide. This type of drastic increase in productivity was quite unusual as our growth has historically been gradual. Based upon this phenomenon, we investigated further and were able to isolate our use of TrialWorks as the main factor. Simply put, our attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient. Less time was being spent dealing with non-billable situations as TrialWorks removed those obstacles preventing maximization of time.

Cons
We had issues with some of our customizations. They were addressed and delivered shortly after our initial implementation.

Amy Carrere

Great Start!

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Customer support of TrialWorks has been excellent from the very start. I completed an online request for more information and within minutes.She was emailing me information and calling to set up a time to explore the software. She was very informative and had answers for every question we had. She wasn't pushy in any way but was very confident in the product and kept in touch over the next few months until a final decision was made. We are in the process of transition and haven't started using the product but we have been impressed thus far. Look forward to working with TrialWorks.

Pros
The flexibility and options to cater to your particular area of law.

Cons
I don't have any yet.

Laurence Deutsch

Unacceptable interruptions in service leaves us in crisis

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Pros
Having all client data (theoretically) in one place

Cons
Unacceptable service interruptions that have now lasted an entire week, for software that is designed to be mission critical. For an attorney doing trial work or on the road this is a disaster waiting to happen. Their web hosting structure is apparently fragile, and we've had multiple interruptions. The latest is the last straw, as it's persisted for days. We essentially wasted a lot of staff time scanning and training for a system that we'll now have to replace.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

A very cumbersome software that is not easily adaptable.

Reviewed 2018-03-25

Pros
Real time updating from across multiple computers. It was nice to be able be on the phone with a customer and see updates from others in the office in real time.

Cons
Not very nimble to use. Have to constantly upload and download documents. It's basically an electronically filing cabinet but you still have to do all the labelling, tagging and sorting.

Lorin Quinlan

AWESOME System

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
Great case management software with easy to navigate interface. Has all the bells and whistles that are mandatory for keeping track of, and executing your case effectively. Recently partnered with LawToolBox Court Deadlines, so now there is no reason to purchase multiple products, you can find everything you need in one place.

Cons
No cons here, awesome sales & support people that really listen and find a solution for what you are looking for.

Anonymous

New update has helped a lot - not great for mass torts but I think they are working on it

Reviewed 2017-12-21

Pros
I like that it has numerous features and many tabs. Once you get to know the software you can find lots of its uses.

Cons
It is not great for mass torts where you have multiple clients for one major litigation. It just isn't set up for that yet.

Response from TrialWorks

TrialWorks includes a Master / Child relationship to help manage mass tort cases by creating a Master MDL case and linking the individual client cases as Child links. With this configuration you can easily manage individual details of your client's criteria, review the overall state of the MDL, and create documents that are shared between the Child and Master. Information on our Master/Child Links can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog

Detra Faulkner

Training Issues

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Wish you would do some video tutorials. I feel that it is a little unfair to charge a paying customer for training, or you should at least offer a certain amount of training free each year.

Pros
Very useful in managing Case load

Cons
Training costs extra

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jennifer Rodriguez

Great Tech Support!

Reviewed 2017-02-03

Overall TrialWorks has been a great help to our firm. We are able to keep clients' files better organized and easily accessible. I am disappointed in the App, I hope this gets fixed/improved in the future because it could be really beneficial. The Tech support is outstanding! With the issues we have had, it takes just a few minutes for the support to fix. This is probably TW best feature!

Pros
It is easy to use and easy to learn. The workers' comp feature that was added this year is very helpful. Tech support!

Cons
The application for phone and tablets.