uLawPractice Logo

uLawPractice

Manage What Matters, ANYWhere (Practice Mgmt & Legal Acc)

uLawPractice Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.07/10

Reviews by rating

I love everything about the software. It is easy to navigate and if you are unsure of where to locate certain things, their customer service support is excellent; even assisting after hours.
The people who run it genuinely care about the quality - and it shows. It's a well-designed product that just keeps getting better.
The support team is great and very helpful. They are usually available to assist me by phone if I need it and have always responded well to my feedback.
Some of the features seems to be irreversible, which makes error correction difficult and sometimes impossible.
The set up of accounts can be confusing to clients.
Also, errors cannot be simply deleted but additional correcting entries are required. That is the nature of a database.

MB

Michael B.

Software that does everything

Ulaw is the only software that I have used for my own practice and it is totally the all in one solution for legal service providers like myself.

Pros

There is all the features that you require under one umbrella. Trust transfers and form 9a's generated automatically. Seamless from docket to accounting to expenses. Incredible support system in place. New features added all of the time.

Cons

Can be difficult to un do some things once you do it. I think like any software it is easier to start with it than try to input months of data into the data base.

MS

Mark S.

Highly Recommend uLaw

- the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust) - the user support is amazing - online videos are extremely helpful

Pros

- web-based application (no upgrades) - integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) - easy customization capability - BI capability - simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

Cons

- could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations - it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

pB

peter B.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

terrible support system in place.

Pros

none - terrible customer service, I do not recommend

Cons

The customer service is terrible. the staff will give you every answer except for the one you need

LA

Lori Anne T.

Legal Services, self-employed

Great web-based alternative to PC Law!

Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

Pros

I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family. I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting. The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

Cons

I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking). Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed. Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

RC

ROSA C.

Ulaw is a lifesaver

The customer service has a great team and are always there and willing to assist.

Pros

I don't like the product ..I love Ulaw. It is so easy to use and there are so many options if I did have any issues and is affordable. Billing/invoicing and tracking expenses has never been so easy. There response time is impeccable, not only to they respond with an answer they will send you a link to watch a video to guide you. The Ulaw set up is so affordable and a life saver. They will be there for you. Their bookkeeping services are great!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

MC

Martin C.

Legal Services, self-employed

Improving the business of a legal practice

I have been able to create amazing, time saving templates that automatically populate. I have also made great use of the incredible customer service that makes you feel like you are their most important client.

Pros

I am a new Paralegal and I work from home in my own practice. I needed software that kept me compliant with LSO requirements, of which there are many. I also needed a tickler system and an accounting system and uLawPractice was the whole ball of wax rolled into one at an affordable price. Starting a new firm is difficult and challenging. This program took a big weight off my shoulders. Customer service is the best I have ever had as well.

Cons

I found the accounting portion of the program has the largest learning curve due to my inexperience with accounting. I found many of the screens descriptions less than helpful and was left wondering why they weren't worded for those that aren't accountants.

RD

Roger D.

The number 1 Practice Management Software

I have been with Ulaw for about 11 years both as a student and as a practitioner and they have always been very helpful and very receptive to suggestions and implementing these suggestions as quick as they could/can. The tech support in my opinion is second to none.

Pros

In a nut shell everything--as far as I am concerned it is tailor made for the legal profession especially for paralegals. It has the price point, tech support(fantastic by the way). They also conduct CPD's that are LSO accredited AT No Charge-which is worth the monthly fee right there.

Cons

It would be nice to have it integrated / synced with 1 note.

PN

Prem N.

Daily Bread for me.

Pros

The customer support I get 24x7 and the very courteous support staff. It's only a question of getting used to the software and that leads to knowing where to book what and finding each tab. I think this is a boon for a Paralegal like me as I enjoy using both the desktop version and the mobile app. very much. The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours. Now they have also started providing accounting help too. Definitely recommend!

Cons

Some of the forms need to be updated. Size of fonts when we open calendar.

LW

Letitia W.

Accounting Made Easy And Practical

I have been using uLaw for 6 years. I am satisfied with the ease to use the features that I used daily.

Pros

I like the ease of putting client information, client intakes, forms, creating Invoice and Receipt.

Cons

I unable to enter an entry sometimes, after billing and transfer entries.

PR

Peter R.

Great Asset To Legal Practice

Pros

Ability to track time for invoicing, billing purposes, Statements of Activity to indicate transparency to client

Cons

More flexibility is needed for templates, all indicating multiple people but not suitable for sole paralegal. Security features like two-step verification are odd given before you put code in you can see what should be confidential information. A Security Question similar to online banking would be better.

RS

Ram S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy to use; versatile and importantly, mobile. I have been using this for almost 18 months now.

I use it all the time for my work... from office, at court and at home.

Pros

Excellent feedback and help when requested. Easy to use for a non-technical person like me. Easily navigable; well presented; easy to enter data and information. Importantly, being mobile, I can use it anywhere on the go. I am not rooted to a main office.

Cons

Nothing really. I looked for a mobile platform when purchasing an accounting program for lawyers and I was scared of getting stuck with the generally traditionally large software programs in a set office. I found u law and have recommended it to many colleagues without hesitation.

AN

Adrienne N.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Using uLaw for the past 2 years

Pros

Takes away the headache and pain of LSO compliance; deals with both practice management and accounting all in one platform for a fantastic price.

Cons

The user interface is not the most intuitive or user-friendly. However, whenever I can't figure out how to do something, customer service is always extremely responsive and all the ball.

BL

Brett L.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

ULaw user for many years, satisfied customer

Pros

We use this software daily to ensure our clients are taken care of. Ease of use and cloud-based platform are important to us. ULaw checks off those boxes.

Cons

Finicky at some times, certain parts are cumbersome and therefore not used.

SA

Sandy A.

Legal Services, self-employed

An essential Tool in your Legal/Law Practice!

Very comprehensive, encompassing of all required financial/accounting elements required by the Law Society.

Pros

SUPPORT!, Accessibility, mobility (cell phone), Integration with other needed platforms (payments, email, etc), continuous evolution and COMMUNICATION with its clients/customers

Cons

Initial transfer of my data/earlier processes, but their YouTube instructional videos and direct support are fantastic.

NA

Nermine A.

Life Saver!

If you do not have an accounting background, it can take a little time to understand it. However, once you understand it, it is intuitive, and there is plenty of support to assist you along the way.

Pros

When I opened my practice, I did A LOT of research about software. I wanted software that would not only support client management, but also something to manage the accounting side of things. Lastly, I wanted to find something that was on the cloud so that I can access the software from any computer and from any location and not worry about computer crashes and the possibility of losing any information. This was the only software that met every one of those needs. The best thing of all is that they know the law society rules for compliance and have made it extraordinarily simply to live up to those rules. I am not worried about LSUC audits.

AA

Andres A.

Highly recommended

I was audited by the Law Society a couple of weeks ago. They were impressed bout the functionality of the software and they even went on saying that with the features of ULaw I will not need to hire a bookkeeper, which will help me to save a lot of money. ULaw has helped me to comply with the Law Society Rules in a cheap and efficient way without the need of outsourcing work to third parties.

Pros

It is cheap and intuitive, designed to comply with the Law Society Rules

Cons

Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing

TS

Tigran S.

Underdeveloped

I had to re-commence 2 complete files due to a mistake on one invoice , it was frustrating and a waste of my time.

Pros

It is tailored for Canadian practitioners and needs no customization.

Cons

Basic functions such as invoice corrections are unavailable a so any mistakes that are made CANNOT be corrected. Their support team is not really responsive, and the instructions don’t work.

WL

Winnie L.

Law Practice, self-employed

I love uLaw and the team there knows that! uLaw has my back on LSUC requirements!

Pros

Saves time and money and the uLaw team! uLaw is a compliance focused software that helps ensures our practice management and bookkeeping LSUC required documentation are in place. There are added features to track firm analytics.

SB

Samuel B.

Its been good so far

My experience has been good so far

Pros

I'm still new to Ulaw so I cannot immediately speak to its overall use but the customer support is top notch. I'm someone who needs his hand held when it comes to anything tech and trust me, the support at Ulaw is holding my hand through the process of familiarizing myself with the software.

Cons

I'm new to Ulaw and I'm just working my way through it. I haven't encountered any cons yet

KB

Karim B.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

uLaw Practice management software

There are many features that comes with the software (some of them I haven't even used yet) and it makes it easy to navigate the basics.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to log in from anywhere.

Cons

No app for iphone

SD

Stefan D.

uLaw

My overall experience with uLaw has been terrific.

Pros

The best part about the software is the customer support. The support team usually responds the same day to a request for help. They usually send very helpful videos in response to your request for help. Also, when necessary, they assist you over the phone and talk you through your problem.

Cons

I would recommend changing how dockets are displayed when an invoice is created or a report is created. It should have the start time and end time. Currently, it just has the start time and the duration of the docket.

LB

Lori B.

Used other for 2+ years

I love working with, ULaw, it makes the financial portion of my practice and tracking matters easy!

Pros

Customer Service and the adaptability of the software to work in a variety of circumstances, a variety of reports, ease of use, and user help readily available.

Cons

Sometimes I find it slow, however that could also be my computer. I do not have any other cons to report.

BC

Brad C.

Very good software

It has been good

Pros

Easy to use, has many different uses.

Cons

At times, certain aspects and components can be hard to find. Also I had to make my assistants rate at zero to show on the bills that work had been done that had not been charged for. The invoices could be shortened in length.

Thank you for your review and feedback

MJ

Maryam J.

Ulaw review

It works good

Pros

Price and customer service is good and comparable

Cons

Design AIS not up to date and the software is not user friendly

KC

Kristen C.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

My Review for ULaw

I love this software

Pros

ease of use easy installation organizes cases easily price

Cons

I do not have any cons about this product