uLawPractice Reviews

4.58/5 (40 reviews)

Pros
  • Easy to navigate
  • Excellent customer service, great value.
  • Easy to use, has many different uses.
  • none - terrible customer service, I do not recommend
Cons
  • I found it hard to learn and not always practical in terms of how I run my practice.
  • The customer service is terrible. the staff will give you every answer except for the one you need
  • Sometimes I find it slow, however that could also be my computer. I do not have any other cons to report.
  • The interface is not MS Office quality in terms of appearance. It doesn't affect the functionality, however.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Teresa Hunt

Outstanding

Reviewed 2017-02-28

At anytime, if I am stuck or having difficulty, Ulaw is an immediate phone call away. I always receive fast and effective service. In addition, when I was preparing for my practice review, I received valuable feedback and knowledgable quidance for Forms to prepare and print.

Pros
Easy to navigate

Tina Lee

Support to help ease my learning curse was phenomenal, and the software is user friendly. Excellent.

Reviewed 2017-09-16

Pros
It is user friendly, support is great, easy to use and track even for someone with virtually no accounting or bookkeeping background. As a principal lawyer of my law firm, I can do bookkeeping myself, or train my assistant to do it, easily.

Cons
Can't enter time via mobile app as yet, and the mobile app is volatile. However, most of my entries are done with other documents so I'm usually on a computer anyway.

Response from Superfluid Software

We now have your con addressed Mobile app can now import time even from a phone call in Android. Please see these features https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8unY9zStJ-yzx4zyZ_1-q8RkXBZ6SKNP

or

Chris Sewrattan

I am very happy. They get the job done in a cost effective and professional manner.

Reviewed 2017-07-26

Savings

Pros
Customer service is excellent and very friendly. The cost cannot be beat. And the cloud based nature of the software makes it easy to use over many platforms.

David Gray

uLaw saves me crucial time in vital record-keeping and accurate invoice generation.

Reviewed 2016-04-14

uLaw is a cost-efficient alternative to other systems that is compliant with Law Society By-Laws and is a solution that provides all of the functionality I need. It is also mobile. I have immediately saved on comparative software subscription fees. All accounting and invoicing software should save time, but the relative simplicity of uLaw and its product support team have made my using it a quick-start and a continuing pleasure to use Features of uLaw such as automatic receipt generation, speedy and simple invoicing, as wel l as court form generations, are good examples of that. uLaw also allows me to export data in spreadsheet form, which I can then process to update other required ledgers. In my experience and through my research, I have not found a better product for the price. Additional ly, uLaw' s development team is consistently willing to upgrade and does upgrade the product in line with Law Society requirements, emerging business trends and with best business practice in mind.

Lori Boudreau

I love working with, ULaw, it makes the financial portion of my practice and tracking matters easy!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-11

Pros
Customer Service and the adaptability of the software to work in a variety of circumstances, a variety of reports, ease of use, and user help readily available.

peter BALATIDIAS

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed 2018-09-26

terrible support system in place.

Pros
none - terrible customer service, I do not recommend

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Ian Bell

I couldn't imagine running my practice without uLaw.

Reviewed 2016-05-27

I've been using uLaw for several years. This software takes the many of the most tedious aspects of my practice and makes them so easy! uLaw keeps me organised and allows me more time to focus on the actual content of a client matter. uLaw helps me handle the administrative portions quickly and efficiently, and it's always at my fingertips. I couldn't imagine not using uLaw anymore. The price is very reasonable and the service has been completely dependable - and that is extremely important for an online product. I've been thrilled with uLaw. The people who run it genuinely care about the quality - and it shows. It's a well-designed product that just keeps getting better.

Brad Celsie

Very good software

Reviewed 2020-02-19

It has been good

Pros
Easy to use, has many different uses.

Cons
At times, certain aspects and components can be hard to find. Also I had to make my assistants rate at zero to show on the bills that work had been done that had not been charged for. The invoices could be shortened in length.

Response from Superfluid Software

Thank you for your review and feedback

Vanessa Davies

ULaw: Great product, diverse uses, and adaptable

Reviewed 2016-04-26

The pros of the software are that it is a fairly straightforward interface to use. The categories of task are also adaptable. The settings are customizable. The matters stay organized for each client. It's PC and Mac friendly because it's based online. Some cons: If you make an accounting mistake, you're stuck with it. You can't reverse it. If you prepare multiple invoices, it's difficult to track what your client has already paid and owes. This has resulted in some trust accounting errors.

emily dixon

U Law review

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Overall very good

Pros
Excellent customer service, great value.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Graziana Zito

uLaw Practice

Reviewed 2019-10-15

It simplifies accounting procedures, it helps generating court forms that can be filled out much faster.

Pros
The software enables sole practitioners, paralegals and small law firms to perform their work much more efficiently. It is a very good tool.

Cons
No specific cons. It was just a bit challenging to learn how to use it at the beginning. Other than that, no flaws.

Response from Superfluid Software

Thank you for your nice review. Sincerely appreciate it.

- uLawPractice Team.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Carleigh Taggart

ULaw is Amazing!

Reviewed 2016-05-25

I have used ULaw since I opened my practice two years ago. It has everything a sole practitioner needs, with time docketing, client list management, calendar, accounting, and even forms. I would highly recommend someone looking for affordable and excellent software to check them out. They provide great, immediate customer support also!

Sriram Rangan

EXCELLENT AND USER FRIENDLY PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2016-04-26

Very user-friendly, one-stop accounting and practice management software, excellent customer service who is willing to listen to clients and make changes to improve the software. Hundreds on youtube videos to educate clients, CPD with CPD hours is a bonus. Very reasonable and affordable pricing structure that one can not refuse.

Roger Dinner

Advantages over other practice management platforms.

Reviewed 2016-12-06

1. No upfront costs 2. Low monthly payments 3. EXCELLENT customer support 4. Always willing to incorporate new ideas into the product 5. Great functionality with ever improving features 6. Trial account for learning 7. Student discounts 8. Webinars for training 9. Archived webinars ( tutorials)

David Lever

My uLaw Experience

Reviewed 2016-12-02

uLaw is the first legal accounting program that I have ever found to be convenient to use. It is accurate and intuitive. The designers of the program go out of their way to answer calls and make changes to the program for clients. It is also approved for use by the LSUC. DL.