Legal Case Management Reviews

What Legal Case Management Customers Think

Ron White

Awesome App! *****

30/05/2012

I love this app. It really helps me and my staff stay on top of all our cases. It has an uncanny ability to streamline our workflow. Everything I need to do is always just a click away. If its a more complex task I can create a automated workflow that completes the task for me.

Pros

So many but the best thing is I can create workflow automations. No other Cloud based App can do that and many of the old school desktop Legal Practice Management Apps can't.

Cons

Needs a better mobile app but help is on the way. The new mobile interface in beta is really good and works on my key devices such as the iPad, Android phone, my PC at the office and my Mac at home

1 of 1 people found this review helpful
HoudiniESQ Reviews
HoudiniESQ
We set the Bar for Online Legal Practice Management™
Anonymous
A verified reviewer

Definite Work in Progress

04/11/2015

I see potential in this product, however as the owner of a small practice I would not recommend purchasing. My staff constantly complains to me about the restrictions, and difficulties in integration

Pros

The customizable 'workflow' feature is nice, it is helpful to be able to make a firm specific checklist to assign to each case.

Cons

BILLING BILLING BILLING! I can rollover outstanding client balances from one month to the next, BUT if I do it COMPLETELY destroys my Quickbooks sync for that client. There is basically NO way to write off a bad debt. When I (or my staff) call the help line the wait is tremendous and little is accomplished.

Time used: 1-2 years

MyCase Reviews
MyCase
Practice More, Manage Less.
Somya Jain

PracticePanther Rocks !

25/11/2015

While one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users. Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.

Pros

The dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time. Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app. It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.

Cons

As I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be. Overall, well done Practice Panther!

Time used: Less than 6 months

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from PracticePanther Legal Case Management Software

Thank you so much Somya!

PracticePanther Legal Case Management Reviews
PracticePanther Legal Case Management
Easy software for law firms, paralegals, lawyers/attorneys.
Charles Thompson

RocketMatter

07/10/2015

We use this software primarily for billing at the firm. The software is easy to use, simple, and intuitive. The developers are responsive to questions and requests for additional features.

Pros

Ease of use; response from developers; ability to utilize as more than just a billing program.

Cons

Could use the ability to run some more detailed reports.

Time used: 1-2 years

Rocket Matter Reviews
Rocket Matter
Boost Your Revenue & Improve Your Client Service
Garry L. Davis

SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

17/02/2017

Firm Central has been a complete disaster for my firm. I have a small (6 attorney) immigration law boutique practice and have been in business for 10 years. When we were considering changing our client database management system, we had a wish list of things we needed a new system to do that would be an improvement over our previous system. When presented multiple times to the sales person Thompson Reuters sent over to us, he assured us repeatedly that it could do what we needed it to. Turns out, after we signed the long term expensive contract, it was mostly lies. We got jobbed big time. After a while of using it, frustration mounting, costs rising, we got the IT guys on the phone to help us figure out what we were doing wrong. The sales person was so convincing, we kept thinking it must have been user error. We tried training, doing things different ways, etc., and nothing worked. When we connected with the IT guys, most of our conversation was met with responses of, "Nope, it can't do that. Never could, never will. What made you guys think it could?" It was crazy. So, realizing it was not going to work for us, and that we had been sold a bill of goods by the sales person, we confronted Thompson Reuters and requested that we be let out of the contract. Fat chance. They told us to shove it, not caring that we were lied to by the sales person. Apparently, that was his responsibility, it's on him and us for being suckers enough to believe what we were told. So here we are, stuck with paying tons of money for a product that is counterproductive to our business. Please don't get suckered like we did. Amusingly, we got a call from someone whose only job is to call people to find out why they are cancelling. The person actually admitted that to us. So many people cancel that they have people employed just to find out why. Don't buy it.

Pros

Actually we had a very good experience, the only one, with the off boarding customer service folks. They were very nice and really helpful. Made it easy to get everything moved over from Firm Central to our new system that actually works.

Cons

Everything about it. The sales people say anything to get the sale, and you will pay whether it works for you as sold or not.

Time used: 6-12 months

Frequency of use: Daily

0/10

Recommendations to others considering Firm Central

I don't know if it might work fine in another context. Maybe it will. But it is the worst thing I have ever seen for immigration law. In fact, it is worse that having nothing.

Firm Central Reviews
Firm Central
Law practice management software with billing and invoicing