All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Act-On Reviews

Great marketing automation tool for a one-person marketing department

Huge time savings and email marketing capabilities; ability to make professional looking custom landing pages myself means I can turn around campaigns more quickly

Pros

I like that as a single person department and someone who had limited experience with marketing automation and had never set it up before, I was able to get up and running in about 60 days with their guidance. It's a logical and pretty intuitive software that has good functionality.

Cons

Sometimes I am not sure where to go for information and help. As with many software companies, they change their sales reps often so without a single known point of contact, I am occasionally frustrated with not having someone I know, who knows me, to go to. That said, this is true of many companies these days.

Dezrez

Great platform

Pros

The functionality was really extensive and the automation programmes

Cons

The support kept changing and account manager

Thanks for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Great tool for marketing

Pros

It is a very user-friendly software but it locates somewhere in the middle where it is neither too simple like constant contact nor too advanced like Hubspot. It is a good system for medium-sized organizations. I liked the customer service especially their technical support and dashboard design is also very modern and user-oriented.

Cons

They should review their pricing points for different levels of customers. They can improve the design of the overall website to make it more attractive to everyone.

Act-On Is A Great Tool For Marketing Attribution

Act-On is perfect for businesses of all sizes and allows you to monitor website visitors and traffic!

Pros

To be able to tell where your potential leads and clients come from is a very helpful thing. Act-On gives me that ability!

Cons

It would be most helpful if Act-On could really provide a true attribution for where a website visitor came, especially related to Google searches.

FANTASTIC MARKETING AUTOMATION APPLICATION

Pros

Act-On is a very good marketing automation software. It helps my organization in selling our products and services through digital platforms like email, facebook, other social media platforms.

Cons

It's a little difficult for non professionals to use. However, it a perfect marketing automated software for medium size organizations.

Great software wtih great support group

Pros

I enjoyed working with Act-On for its ease of use and their customer support. Whenever I ran into an issue which was very rare, I could pick up the phone and have an answer in minutes. It's service like that that makes me want to stay on the software.It's user experience and customer support were always top notch.

ActOn for Marketing

It has been a solid tool for our marketing department. We have grown our business with it and would recommend it to small and mid-sized companies.

Pros

The ease of set, pushing forms to sales reps and email campaigns.

Cons

No NetSuite integration of value. This was disappointing and one of the reasons we bought it. No improvements have been made recently.

Well designed, thoughtful workflow

Pros

Once we figured it our, it was extremely smart and well designed workflow.

Cons

Tricky to understand and use appropriately at first

Terrible email delivery, customer support issues not fixed, but huge promises by sales for lock in

No benefits when looking back, lots of time, and money lost.

Pros

The company's main advantage (whether they market it or not, but they definitely use it during a sale) is they allow for companies to BUY lists and bring in cold contacts. Almost every other provider prohibits this. Well, that's why for good companies, your marketing performance and emails drop wayyy down. And worse, their support imagines nothing is wrong, and everything is going OK. They will also negotiate your price far lower than others, to lock you into an annual contract.

Cons

- Email delivery is terrible - Their support tried to help, but makes false promises on waiting - Locked into a major contract, which even with their lack of performance, is tough to leave - Their UI is really, really bad - Barely any templates for things like landing pages, emails, etc. - General data between modules is not easy to gather, collect or use for additional sales.

A good beginner tool for email automation, but overall is falling behind other, inexpensive software

Pros

The software interface is mostly drag and drop, which is helpful for non developers and non designers alike to create modern, effective emails. With automation and A?B testing, it is great for marketing research and drop or nurture campaigns. Each account is attached to a customer service representative, and they are very helpful and attentive.

Cons

The functionality compared to the price is a concern. While it can handle thousands of users, free automation softwares are offering more email design functionality than this software. The user interface isn't the most friendliest, with emails, landing pages, templates and content all divided up into multiple folders. The software boasts that it is custom HTML friendly, but it is very difficult to execute properly. The software also has issues formatting for Outlook.

Hi Paige, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your candor and value your feedback. Sarah

ActOn Review

Overall we have a good experience with Act-On.

Pros

Once I learned the ends and out, it is really easy to use. Although I just recently took over using the software from a former employee.

Cons

There are probably lots I still need to learn. But, I have not seen where an image could be edited once uploaded.

Thanks for sharing your review, Shawna! Be sure to check out the Act-On User Community for great tips, tricks, best practices and training resources. We're here to help you achieve marketing automation success! https://community.act-on.com/home

Review from T. Currie

I send out a lot of emails using Act-On. I also love the reports as we have to generate a lot of them to send to our clients.

Pros

User friendly, quick and convenient! I use it everyday and I enjoy how easy it is to use and also train others to use.

Cons

The customer service when you have a question/issue hasn't been the greatest.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Another great resource for tips, tricks and best practices is the Act-On User Community. Check it out! https://community.act-on.com/home

Act-On Is A Great Marketing Automation Tool

Act-On is one of the more affordable marketing automation platforms and has great features.

Pros

Act-On gives our marketing teams the ability to send out email drip campaigns and monitor website visitors.

Cons

Act-On is a very in-depth software and takes quite a bit of time to understand and become familiar with.

Some great features but a lot of big flaws (haven't used it for 2 years)

It did some things really well, but other things really poorly. I'm not sure how much they've improved these past couple years, but I would only use them again if I were to lock in a heavily discounted rate and needed an instant bi-lateral sync between Salesforce and my automation platform.

Pros

- Their support team was stellar - Their Salesforce integration is the best I've seen in a Marketing Automation Platform - Their list segmentation system features were fantastic - We were early subscribers to act-on so we had a really cheap rate

Cons

I haven't used this software for a couple years, so they may have improved a lot but here were some of my major gripes: - Extremely difficult to track lead sources - Integration with ad platforms wasn't very good - Landing page builder was terrible - Lots of limitations with forms - Email builder was quite painful to use but they made some improvements along the way while I was using them

Customer support is amazing

Easier email sends

Pros

Customer support is great. Always willing to help and quick to get a real human. I would definitely recommend this software based on their tech support.

Cons

functionality could be better. Organization within the software is lacking. I wish it was easier to use.

Dynamic AND user friendly - perfect!

Our team are really happy with the metrics and insights available through Act-On.

Pros

The best thing is that you can be extra specific when targeting customers. The interface and metrics are major plus points too.

Cons

The setting up process wasn't great to be honest. Although I'm told they have improved this massively.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and posting a review. We love hearing from customers! Cheers, Sarah

Great Customer Support

Overall, my experience has been great with Act-On. The customer support is very special and helpful because they do their best to help with projects and tasks that I want to complete. It's great that they send follow-up emails to assure that they did their job.

Pros

I like the ease and user-friendliness of this software. Some email marketing automation softwares can be difficult to use, but this one is very simple.

Cons

The least I like about this software are the templates that are pre-created.They are not as up-to-date as I thought it would be.

Hi Briana, Thanks so much for providing your feedback. We love hearing from customers and are so happy that you're an Act-On fan! Cheers! Sarah

clunky, mediocre, customer support is hit or miss and hard to get a hold of

Pros

I like that I can build drip campaigns or send one-time emails. I also like using the send over time feature. I like the variety of options in how to customize email content.

Cons

The tool is clunky-not very user friendly. It takes too many clicks to get to the screen you want, whether it's changing a step in an automated program or checking email opens on a report. The reporting is very limited and makes my reporting process very manual because it doesn't provide what I need. Whenever I call customer service, there is at least a half an hour wait to get through. If I leave a voicemail, they do not call back. They email instead and provide very limited answers in the responses, so it takes multiple emails back and forth to get the information I need. The whole email process takes several days until my issue is resolved.

Hi Amber, Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate it and take it to heart. I'm sorry you've had some frustrating experiences. I will be sure to let your Account Manager know so that we can address your concerns. Thanks, Sarah

Nice Automated Workflows for Social Media and Marketing

Pros

Act-On is a comprehensive platform for automating marketing across social media and marketing tools. It comes with eight automated customizable program templates. The best feature is a simple drag-and-drop workflow creator that simplifies automating processes. No coding knowledge required. Act-ON syncs perfectly back with whichever CRM tool you're using through every part of your marketing campaign to keep Sales and Marketing aware of how things are going.

Cons

Act-On is overpriced compared to the other tools on the market. Some features, such as the functionality for cross-channel intelligence, data visualization, having more than 2500 contacts, or more than 50 sales users, is only offered at the more expensive "Enterprise" tier.

Great Marketing Software

First off the Training and Support teams are amazing. They will hold your hand through the whole intake process. The email template builder is easy to use and it creates professional looking emails. It will track all of your website traffic and it will show you where you traffic is coming from. Great tool for small businesses!

Shaun's review

It's has been great, the ramp up and training provided has been tremendous.

Pros

Ease of use and template share between markets is great.

Cons

All the bells and whisltes are a bit overwhelming.

Hi Shaun! I'm so glad you've taken advantage of the Act-On new user training. That's awesome. It really does help set you up for success. If you haven't already, I also suggest checking out the Act-On User Community where you can exchange best practices, tips and tricks with other users. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Amazing!

Pros

I love the ease of use, the availability for myself a non designer to make professional looking emails and execute them quickly with tracking that makes my job analyzing the response rate incredibly easy!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like.. just need a bit more training. I haven't dove deep enough to understand it all. One of my biggest complaints is that our CRM isn't completely compatible.

best marketing automation software

Pros

Marketing Automation with results tracking. Shows you even how much a google ads keyword produced for the company, which is pretty cool. Aside from that, it has lots of features, and I truly recommend a demo, to discover all it can do

Cons

some scripts may slow certain landing pages, but it's not a rule

Hi Andrei, Thanks so much for posting a review and providing great feedback! Cheers, Sarah

Solid Marketing Automation platform

Pros

Act-On offers a lot of value for the price. They are certainly not the top platform as far as features and functionality, but they offer a great bang for the buck and continue to improve the platform. For many small and mid-size businesses and those new to marketing automation, Act-On is a great first step into the software, and you can also grow with it as well. Also, the pricing, training, etc. are very easy to get started.

Cons

I've had some email deliverability woes and feel that they have been slow to improve their landing page/form functionality. They recently released a responsive editor for emails, which is long overdue.

Automation at it's finest

Overall, I love Act-On for its easy to use automation and form creation. It's priced well and easy to sync with Salesforce.

Pros

Act-On is very easy to set up automation campaigns. The sync between Act-On and Salesforce is flawless. The email drag and drop builder works great and is very custom once you get used to it. Forms are very easy to create and implement.

Cons

Listing is horrible. You can't search the entire database for an individual user. You have to know what list they are in and perform the search within the list. Sometimes the server can be buggy.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We value your feedback. Check out the Act-On User Community. It's a great resource for best practices, tips, tricks and is a good place to make product suggestions. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.