ActiveCampaign Logo

visit website

ActiveCampaign Reviews - Page 2

1,672 reviews

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Finally.

The overall experience has been phenomenal. I imported my database and had everything set up and running in a day. The customer support team is knowledgeable and super friendly.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is the CRM I wish I would have chosen back in 2012 when I went with Infusionsoft. I love the automations. They are intuitive to build, easy to manage, and they flat out work. I love two way SMS via the deep integration with SalesMsg and that the convos get added to the contact record. And finally, I love the Deals feature which is the best and easily customizable sales pipeline software I've ever used.

Cons

One tiny thing I'd change is the contact merge feature. I prefer the ability to choose what fields to merge in a contact record instead of being forced to delete one.

Prettayyy... Prettayyy.. Good

Choosing Active Campaign has been a great move for us to save some money but I would caution folks who are looking for hands-on account management and support or who are not technically proficient. We have a pretty technically sound team so we did all of the set up ourselves - given my experience with our account manager - I'd be worried if he was responsible for helping a less technical team set up their account/integrations etc.

Pros

We came to Active Campaign from Pardot and what we like MOST is the price difference. AC is much cheaper and has all the core functionality (and more) that you need to set up a pretty robust marketing automation and customer support system.

Cons

I gotta say the one detractor from giving them an all-around 5 star review has been the unresponsive nature of our contacts there. I have had a few billing questions and was trying to move to an annual contract and my dedicated account rep just flat out hasn't responded in weeks. I had to go back to the guy who originally sold us the software to get the invoice and forms I needed. I also tried to follow up with both of them to make sure we were good on the annual plan and haven't heard anything from either of them. So I have to say the customer support (from a billing/account management perspective) has been sub-optimal.

Had to switch from MailChimp

Pros

I like how straightforward and intuitive the software is. -- I can actually see a visual flow map of the customer journey, I can create automated series and then schedule them easily, I can create a standard template for my weekly video campaign and then customize it without revisiting old or pre-designed templates; I wasn't able to do any of those things intuitively with MailChimp. I have fewer than...

Cons

Honestly I don't have any feedback about what to improve yet; I've been using ActiveCampaign for just a couple weeks.

Affordable option to get into marketing automation

Overall, they have a leg up over other email marketing apps with their class-leading automation system. Newbies will probably complain about the template composing feature. It's nowhere near as easy as Mailchimp or Aweber. But I have a designer compose my newsletters in Stripo, which is inexpensive. And they have a one-click export into Activecampaign. This works for me. I average 28% open rates on newsletter blasts. I'm happy with that kinda performance.

Pros

Activecampaign is more than just an email marketing app... done right it can free you from manually keeping track of leads and contacts interacting with your business. We use it to nurture all new leads coming in through our website. I recently implemented lead scoring of my contacts, which will hopefully allow me to filter those leads ready for sales. Another great feature is the site tracking....

Cons

It can be overwhelming. They have pre-built recipes for most functions, which is a great start. But still, you'll have to play with the automations and see which work for you. Otherwise, it's like driving a Ferrari and not going faster than 120 kmh.

Why I ONLY Use ActiveCampaign

I've used ActiveCampaign every day for the last three-plus years to send broadcast emails and segmented, automated emails for my own business and for clients. Other than the occasional frustration dealing with a slow loading page, I've loved using it. It's super user friendly so it's easy for anybody to get up and running quickly so they can start making money for their business with email. But it's also got a ton of bells and whistles that even the most experienced email marketers will be impressed by.

Pros

Before settling on ActiveCampaign, I used a half dozen other email service providers. The expensive ones were too clunky and loaded with features I was paying for but would never use. They also took forever to set up and learn how to use. Literally WEEKS. The cheap ones didn't have enough "oomph" under the hood to build the powerful automation I needed and wanted to. ActiveCampaign is perfect because whether you're a newb or a seasoned email marketing vet, you can do what you want to do. It's SUPER easy to go in and set up a basic broadcast email or automation. But it's also loaded with tons of features that allow you to really "geek out" and "supercharge" your email marketing.

Cons

When working on automation, sometimes the interface is a little laggy. This is super frustrating because nothing is worse that being "in the zone" and getting work done setting up campaigns, then having to stop because the interface froze or decided to load super slow. Also, I've heard some complaints about the actual email builder being clunky and not the friendliest for designers, but I only send predominantly text emails so that's not an issue for me.

ActiveCampaign is great!

After nearly two years, I'm very pleased with ActiveCampaign. It's a well thought out feature rich platform. In my opinion there isn't another service on the market that can beat them for what they provide.

Pros

1. The automations. It makes complex automations easy to understand and seemlessly blends the users interactions in my app with emails in their inbox. 2. The email designer Easy to use and great templates to get you started 3. Reliability & Peace of mind Once you set up your automations it's a great feeling to know that it will run like clockwork. 4. API I was quickly able to interact with ActiveCampaigns API and it runs so perfect! It gives me such power over how users interact with my application. Literally any interaction a user makes with my application, I can capture and add to their contact profile and send them through automations in regards to their actions / inactions. Super Powerful!

Cons

1. No Sandbox mode There's only one mode to use the software and that's live. This means you have to be mindful when generating software tests as you can end up sending emails to dummy accounts as ActiveCampaign doesn't differentiate between a Live and Sandbox version. I would be super greatful if there was a sandbox mode that could be used for testing my applications and not worry about passing...

Great Features, Good Reliability

I needed something simple enough to train staff to use, but with the ability to do crazy, advanced things. Over the last decade+ I had been using numerous competitors, but think I might have found a permanent home with ActiveCampaign after using it for two years.

Pros

The automations are where ActiveCampaign really wins. You can do almost anything you'd want to do, and it really helps with the ability to track and move leads through a funnel.

Cons

There is no way to group together TAGs. This makes it difficult to keep track of them all when you use external software that might be creating tags based on prospect activity. However, because of the ways Automations works, you rarely have to use TAGs. You can keep leads spinning around inside Automations, following unique paths, for the entire sales cycle.

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

If I had to recommend a single email marketing and automation tool, it's AC

AC has helped my business and clients alike in being able to seamlessly create email marketing campaigns regularly. In addition, the automation features are helpful to be able to tag specific contacts, start/end automated email series, and so on. There are limitless possibilities, without a *need* to use every feature to make it worthwhile.

Pros

AC provides the best combination of possibilities (features), user experience (ease of use), and pricing (it's affordable!).

Cons

There are situations when you may want a tool that is at the "enterprise" level (e.g., Salesforce) that may provide more options and span more actual product lines. I think it's very situational. But for specifically email marketing and marketing automation for small to mid-sized businesses, AC almost always is a more desirable fit than other platforms considered (e.g., more opportunity provided than MailChimp, all-around better than the terrible system that is ConstantContact, etc).

My top pick for an email marketing platform.

Overall, choosing Active Campaign as my email marketing service was a terrific decision. I've been happy with it so far and cannot wait to see where it takes my business.

Pros

I love how robust Active Campaign is and at a great price. It integrates well with the many online services and I haven't needed to reach out to customer support for help. I look forward to learning more ways that I can use Active Campaign to grow my online business.

Cons

As I progress through all of the available options and features Active Campaign has for me, I do struggle with knowing which features will help my blogging and email marketing business the most. There are many digital marketers providing courses on email marketing. Yet, I feel held back because I need to learn more about Active Campaign's platform and how it will best help me as a blogger before I can implement many of the techniques recommended to me.

A good all-rounder

Active Campaign is our one stop hub for our sales and marketing activity so we have an almost global view of how our customers and and prospects are interacting with us - the exception is our help desk but I'm sure we could integrate that too if we really wanted to. We use Active Campaign to track our: - Sales team interactions - emails, including emails we send from our own inboxes, tasks and follow up tasks, and call records - as long as we enter them! - We use it to send and tracks all the newsletter/marketing interactions and all our automated emails for customers on free trials. - We also track key interactions with our own product (though an integration we built ourselves) so the sales team have a quick reference to important behaviours.

Pros

Moved to Active Campaign from Infusionsoft (2 years ago now, before they changed their name) and we were very satisfied at that particular time that Active Campaign was the superior product. Good marketing and automation tools - which have also had a lot of investment and attention in the two years we've been using Active Campaign - as well as a solid CRM and lead/opportunity management dashboard. We have the Enterprise Grade subscription which gives us access to a dedicated account manager. This was really useful in the first year and we had an excellent account manager at that time.

Cons

Active Campaign have really focused in recent years on the live / real time behaviour tools and giving users the ability to build extremely complex automations. For us though, we would prefer a bit more focus on improving the CRM and things that make contact and lead management easier - such as the ability to add follow up tasks from the (otherwise excellent) Gmail widget.

A Powerful, Affordable Package

Active Campaign is at the center of my online marketing, and I am very happy with it.

Pros

I came from a different autoresponder which had many, many limitations. A marketing guy suggested ActiveCampaign, so it was one of many I explored when the limitations of the old autoresponder company foprced me to move. I am glad I moved, and I am very happy with ActiveCampaign. It allows you to set up marketing funnels, forms, capture lead data, tag your visitors and put them into marketing...

Cons

As with all autoresponders, the user interface and names and locations for things presents a learning curve. Especially for newer people, they could improve their intro and training videos to be more clear.

Consolidated so many tools into one

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my clients for two specific reasons. Easy of use and features. My clients hire me because they are not tech-savvy but ActiveCampaign gives them the freedom to use a robust email marketing platform with ease after getting over a very short and small learning curve. ActiveCampaign has an AMAZING and thorough online help database as well.

Cons

The only thing that I personally find missing from ActiveCampaign is Dubsado integration (although ActiveCampaign has a TON of integrations options so that might be a fault on Dubsado's end). I also think it would be nice to add landing pages. I host my landing pages on my Showit site but it would be a great option for some of my clients who haven't launched their site yet and want to start building their email list.

ActibeCampaign is a professional game changer!

Overall, an excellent experience, that has transformed my organization's digital marketing and engagement.

Pros

I love the flow of the automations and segmentation. It's opened a whole new world of opportunities for my organisation.

Cons

I'm not sure whether I have yet to find it, but from the exploration that I've done on the mobile app, I couldn't find tracking for automations, nor for forms. That would come in handy. As for the software in general, it would have been helpful to be able to see an overview of all campaigns and automations in one place, rather than having automations on one tab and campaigns on another. Also, it would be helpful if I could go into a sent campaign and resend it to myself (not a specific contact), and access the original message and list of people who received the campaign more easily. Currently feels like I need to go through 2-3 steps each time in order to do so.

ActiveCampaign - Powerful drag and drop automation + Easy to send Emails

My experience has been a very pleasant one. Simple to use and fairly intuitive.

Pros

The deliverability of emails is crucial to me (and to most businesses). A simple user interface comes in a close second. ActiveCampaign delivers on both (and gives you a comprehensive tutorial series). I don't make full use of the automations. However, they're drag-and-drop which makes them dead simple to use. You can also create opt in forms using ActiveCampaign to collect emails. You can embed these forms into pages, or direct users to a link.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like ActiveCampaign goes down which is a problem. I've had people ask me why I sent them a broken link - but the real issue was that ActiveCampaign was down. I don't have any other big complaints. A small complaint is not being able to change an email's subject line without clicking a few times. It would be great if you could change the subject line inside of the email creator.

It was wonderful until we needed support

Initially we were thrilled with AC due to it’s ease of use and speed. However, recently we ran into a major issue that suddenly started showing up, and is preventing us from moving forward on a vital project. We used the chat, and initially the guy on the chat told us it was the fault of another vendor we had integrated with. After going back and forth, he agreed to look into it, and asked for a bit...

Pros

AC is very easy to use and to set up. It’s more intuitive than most similar products we’ve tried. When it works right, it’s great.

Cons

Software like this is complex, and things inevitably break or have bugs. We have used most of the major platforms out there, and they all have periods of bugs and issues. Once you run into it, the only question is this: will support be there to help? Not AC support, not if it’s lunchtime.

Thorough Email & CRM Software

Pros

AC is easily deployable and compatible with the rest of our tech stack, and this makes it easier for us to justify our continued use of it. The automations are easy to build, but complex enough to go further should you wish to. The email marketing system is thorough, and does what it says on the tin, The reporting capabilities are strong, and it is useful to have this all tied in with a clear CRM and Deal flow management system. The support team at AC are generally great, and depending on what tier you are on, they also provide generous support to their customers to make sure they succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the software bugs out, and doesn't do what you are asking it to do, although this is usually resolved quickly. The entry price for the higher tiers could be slightly lower.

Satisfied with Active Campaign

I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me. I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around. Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question. Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros

More features than other software at similar pricing Pricing is fair Easy to use Easy to set up Fast start to using the software Good documentation Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons

I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

Amazing

I have used AC with an ecommerce store selling $3-4m per year, as well as several consulting firms and info product companies. It works amazing for all these use cases.

Pros

It's very rare to find so much functionality while retaining ease of use. I've been a consultant implementing and managing marketing automation and CRMs for 10 years, and AC has become my go to solution for all my clients. The CRM has come a long way in the past few years and now beats just about all of them that do both CRM and Automation. The integration with Ecom platforms like Shopify are also a huge benefit.

Cons

For years I would tell clients if they needed a CRM and they were doing personal sales that they should use Infusionsoft, but I can't say that anymore. Infusionsoft's CRM has become worse over time while AC's CRM has become much more powerful. One thing I wish AC would add is more functionality in the math actions for changing fields. If we could use different fields and formulas in the math to make calculations for custom fields, rather than just simple +-X/ then that would be amazing. I currently have to use Zapier to do that and it's not even that great with Zapier.

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot. Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible. It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

Pros

It is super easy to setup and use The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

Cons

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out. I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

Easy to Use, some bugginess

Overall, everything is very nice. The pricing is reasonable, and the additional features were unexpected as I was sort of grandfathered in to them.

Pros

This is a very legitimate mailchimp competitor, well-priced. The CRM functionality surprising, and there are really nice web insights (WordPress user here) that I could glean at-a-glance & give to my sales team via their plugin/javascript. They just recently added conversations (chatbot) automations, which were great to see. The chatbot was slick & never glitched out on me. It's not quite an Intercom...

Cons

The email builder is a tad clunky. My biggest gripe was when I would create a new link from a template, it would change the color to blue & the font to Arial. Sounds like it's not a big deal, but when you're constantly changing the colors & fonts, it adds to the amount of time you're making an email. It would be nice to be able to add an HTML element in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of bouncing in/out between that & the HTML editor. The CRM is nice, but the deals functionality is fairly light. Not the end of the world unless there's a lot of nuance from deal to deal (like in our industry).

Very happy with ActiveCampaign!

My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

Pros

I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

Cons

I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

Highly recommended email service provider (and so much more)

Outstanding. In addition to how great the software is, the few times I've been in contact with customer support, that experience has also been very, very good. And the pricing is very reasonable for what the product gives you.

Pros

I am only using the Email Service Provider side of the software, not the CRM, so I will comment from the ESP perspective. What I like the most is the unlimited flexibility and features. In the "old days", marketers needed super expensive and complicated software like Infusionsoft to achieve what ActiveCampaign can do, in terms of automation, rules, segmentation and so on. This unlimited flexibility means you can make your email marketing as simple or as sophisticated as you like, the choice is yours. Generally speaking, the features of the software are outstanding!

Cons

In some ways the user interface can be a bit clumsy, e.g. when creating an email campaign. It's not bad, but there's room for improvement.