ActiveCampaign Logo

Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, CRM/Sales Automation

visit website

ActiveCampaign Reviews - Page 4

1,672 reviews

I want to switch us exclusively to ActiveCampaign

Pros

In a perfect world, I would love to convince my org to allow us to switch exclusively to ActiveCampaign. We currently use a very popular, over-built, over-priced platform (which I will not name) that does not fulfill our needs. We don't use a lot of the features our current platform offers, which makes the experience unnecessarily complicated and clunky. I just want to build a simple email, send it...

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints about ActiveCampaign. I will say that they do charge extra if you exceed your plan's contacts limit. Which is understandable; every platform does this. All in all, it's a very affordable option.

Exceptional for email marketing

I love Active Campaign, and I highly recommend them if you wish to have a great email marketing aspect of your business.

Pros

Firstly, the automations for this software are incredible. They are intuitive and can create a customer journey that is dynamic and a positive experience at the same time. Active Campaign integrates with all the tools that I use for marketing from Facebook Ads to my data capture forms and of course my website. The event tracking and dynamic (conditional) content is superb. I've never experienced anything as good from another company.

Cons

I don't like the forms, they're ugly. I'm sure I could make them better but life's too short and they work well for other people.

You get what you pay for

Customer service has been very helpful.

Pros

Active Campaign is powerful and effective. It has everything you need in an email marketing service.

Cons

It comes with a cost and if you have many subscribers it can be too expensive if you're not making a good ROI

Simple answers to complex problems

Positive! I have used Hubspot, MailerLite, Mailchimp (free + $$), Salesforce, and this one is definitely the best at the most affordable rate.

Pros

The segmenting on other products is painful but not with activecampaign. In addition to that, the sequences are easy to set up and it filters clients so seamlessly which I find many companies have a hard time accomplishing.

Cons

I'd like the software to be able to prioritize one sequence, then play the next sequence if there are multiple tags against one email so the client isn't receiving an inundation of emails all at the same time.

Great tool for marketing automation

I already recommended ActiveCampaign to a colleague looking for a marketing automation tool. AC has great potential, it seems it's well-thought-through already. Email marketing features are quite competitive, marketing automation meets our needs fully.

Pros

The platform is nicely developed, we're mostly using AC for email marketing, lead nurturing & automation. The features are well developed in that area.

Cons

I get the feeling we're not using AC's 100% features, would be great if the pricing plan was flexible so that we can pay for the features we use.

Great, powerful piece of software

Overall using active campaign has helped me make a strong positive start to managing my email list, sending out promotional emails and creating automations that improve my services.

Pros

It's simple and easy to use, yet extremely powerful whether you are a light or heavy user. Automations and campaigns are easy to create and the guides and templates are very helpful.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to figure out how to do something particular at times, with some of the settings and features you need to know where they are before looking for them!

An all-in-one email marketing tool that is simple and powerful.

I have a file for each client that contains a comprehensive archive of all correspondence and transactions that took place between us in an orderly manner and also includes all documents and invoices exchanged between us and is organized. I can now send promotions to specific lists of interests using ActiveCampaign. We deal with email tracking, record keeping, and friendly employee rivalry. These are the great ActiveCampaign features. It's amazing to see our team's performance improve

Pros

All activities are easy and stored in the cloud, making them accessible to the complete team. Workflows, automation, email templates, and client data are all in one location. I can control and modify work for myself or others by creating lists and sequences. I utilize a link to my mailbox to keep track. Because the email is logged and tracked, I can allocate it immediately. A mobile app allows me to manage it from my phone. It's suited to both small and large enterprises. ActiveCampaign Save time and work by connecting ActiveCampaign to many programs. ActiveCampaign makes contact tracing easy and reliable. I love the email rating and continuous customer response.

Cons

Not much, the simplicity, ease of use, and unique capabilities that come with ActiveCampaign allow you to manage your business in style. Only when I'm running a marketing campaign, sometimes I can't view responses in the contact history.

Great value for money and excellent customer service

its easy to find ppl to help you setup campaigns, but now I can set one up myself very quickly and easily.

Pros

its easy to start, quick learning curve, lots of educational resources and excellent customer service

Cons

it's clunky. Click a button and it takes a while for something to happen, or the page shifts at last minute and what you clicked is something else.

ActiveCampaign is great for entry-level users in the Marketing Automation space

Set up was very easy as AC provided a implementation specialist that helped us get familiar with the software and up and running quite quickly. In addition, they have a great onboarding process to make sure all your needs and questions are answered. Highly recommended!

Pros

Best parts of ActiveCampaign (AC) include their user interface for designing & customizing emails, pop-up messaging, and automation workflows. It is very user friendly and intuitive to use. We were able to set up pop-up messaging, user tracking, and abandoned cart emails quite easily with our website, within days of starting our subscription. In addition, the customer service is phenomenal. We had a smooth onboarding experience with an exceptionally communicative team. All of our responses were answered, even the more technical ones, which they brought on an engineer to discuss with us, free of charge. 5 stars for implementation and onboarding with AC!

Cons

Some of the customizations for forms/pop-ups require some knowledge of CSS in order to get your pop-up form to look exactly the way you want. Sometimes the CSS was buggy and wasn't working, which required me to reach out to customer service, who were very responsive (within 24 hours). Also, I don't find the reporting to be as intuitive to use as say MixPanel or Amplitude. Navigating the reporting menus can be clunky at times, trying to dig down into the information you really need requires some in depth searching or just playing around with the software.

Powerful and friendly at the same time

Other than the above mentioned problem, all i have to tell are good experiences using ActiveCampaign. It's a powerful suite of email marketing tools and automations, worth the money.

Pros

The interface is really friendly while it offers a lot of advanced features. You have to learn the platform's language and logic, but once you do that, you realize there's so much you can do. You can automate everything you need, and that's huge.

Cons

When using conditional blocks, there are some conditions that are not to be trusted. This isn't my opinion, it's what they told me when they answered me a support ticket suggesting me to use another filtering method because the one i chose "was not reliable". I asked them why they allow people to use it if it's not reliable... They didn't get back to me.

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this...

Pros

Marketing automation tools and templates Deliverability excellent in our experience CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff. Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people. Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Cons

CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

Daily check on my pipeline

Pros

Fantastic customer onboarding and support! Active Campaign was easy to jump into early in my business, and as my business has grown, there are more and more features I can take advantage of. A flexible tool for all my pipeline needs!

Cons

Editing an automated email series was puzzling.

Continual support each step forward

Even the times of technical challenges I have had were supported from the onboarding specialist and I have maintained what has been taught in each catch up. The technical complications are broken down and made simpler through amazing support. This has included a variety of either in person online, video training, correspondence through email and Q & A pages. I am so happy with what I have set up, it is much more than is needed for where my business is at, however many foundations are created to support my business growth.

Pros

The support is awesome and unbelievable. I save about 10 hours a week with everything set up as what is needed to be done once set up continues to meet the outcomes I created. There are so many options and ways to use active campaign. I use campaigns, automations, contact lists, email sign ups and as my business expands active campaign has so much support which I will continue to use. I am now free myself to do so much more than I could of imagined 6 months ago.

Cons

It is complicated for a non technical minded person.

A great platform when flexibility and automations are critical

We've used ActiveCampaign for several years and the experience has been solid. We leverage it as our primary CRM with at least 15-20 custom fields, custom forms (used internally) and a large number of automations that simplify our business processes. It's a solid platform if you're looking for something beyond an email automation platform.

Pros

ActiveCampaign was the right fit as we needed to leverage some pretty complex automations without spending time and money on the larger, enterprise-level platforms. The ability to create complex automations and custom fields are our favorite features of ActiveCampaign.

Cons

There is a learning curve to ActiveCampaign and, aside from the simplest use cases, you'll want to take your time to learn about the different functionalities and how they relate to your specific business.

Great software at low price key for every business

Overall, my experience working with AC over the last 7 months is very good although I have to keep learning a lot to cover everything is possible and advisable to do.

Pros

I like all the AC functionalities and options for segmentation, automation, tracking, etc. They are endless and there is nothing we need to do with our leads, customers or prospects that is not possible with AC. Also the online help is really good and comprehensive.

Cons

The e-mail editor and the fact there is no one single point you can use to edit all of the e-mails being used regardless if it is in campaigns, automations, etc. I would rather prefer to have all of the e-mails we use in one single access point to be able to make changes in a more efficient way instead of having to go to each specific campaign or automation. I also miss a functionality to manage labels in a better way, because they can go easily out of control. About Customer Support, I needed something very specific about the way they invoice de annual product and they were not very keen to help.

Actively Growing My Client List With Active Campaign

My mailing list began with scraps of paper and addresses of family and friends. I started at the lowest tier, under 500 names. The monthly newsletter I send with AC has become a significant sales tool for me, and I expect to jump from tier to tier to tier and be happy to pay for each next level. I am slowing integrating more features, automations etc. There is simply nothing negative about this software for me!

Pros

This complex software is intuitive and easy to use. Just no headaches here. As an artist, creative control is important to me, and I like designing my own templates and emails, but when I'm in a hurry, there are plenty of appropriate templates to choose from. The one time I've had to contact customer support (in 4-5 years of using this) they were prompt, caring and through in resolving my issue.

Cons

I wish more website providers/designers integrated this powerful CRM, but it is comparatively pricey, and not difficult to use anyway.

Fabulous

Fabulous

Pros

I’ve used the free version of Mailchimp, and as my email list grew to a point where I would have to start paying for an account, I started looking around. After doing lots of research settled on ActiveCampaign, and while I’m only just learning how to use all the features available, I’m so pleased with it! I’m no technical wizard, but it’s clear how much more usable the platform is - I’ve got lots more to learn but for a relatively small monthly payment, I can now start creating way more targeted campaigns and building better relationships with the people on my list. Highly recommended!!

Cons

Nothing yet! I need to learn how to use the more advanced functions, but I’m more than happy right now!!

Countless possibilities could be a good thing but sometimes not

Better delivery rate, reports are more detailed, contact management is better handled in AC. The use of tags is better.

Pros

The automation feature is a great tool to follow your potential clients in their purchase thoughts. I like all the features in CONTACS. It's easy to add tags, lists, send campaigns, add comments.

Cons

Cannot share the campaigns in our social media. Features in the PAGES (funnels) are limited compared to other sales funnels softwares. Campaign templates are limited. It would be a could complement to have a survey feature(basic survey). There are lots of events and emails. It's overwhelming. It's time consuming and if I don't participate, I feel like I'm missing out of lots of stuff. You need to be very much focused on your tasks and what's important for your company so you don't let yourself so in all the directions and loose the essence of why you purchased it in the first place. The creation of email campaign has less design features then mailchimp.

Active Campaign is super useful to keep track of your sales leads!

It's been a great resource to keep track of our leads and share the pipeline with different team members. We love the option of uploading our leads through an excel file, which makes things easy for everyone and once you upload them, you can edit the information, save notes, set up follow-ups. It also has an 'email' tab that gives you visibility of all the emails you have sent to your saved contacts.

Pros

Everything! The layout is great if you want to see your pipeline and share it with different team members too. Everyone can make changes and move the leads through the different stages. The board view is super interactive and easy to use. We love the integration with Gmail too, super useful to see how much impact your email campaigns are making and the visibility of how many emails have been sent to each client without the necessity of going to your inbox to confirm.

Cons

The email function from Active Campaign, because sometimes you need something more customizable in terms of signature and addition of some elements.

My favorite email marketing automation I have ever used

The are not "monkeying" around and have created a product I look forward to using. Some email systems chimp on features but they have included things like text messaging into the system for a long time. While the paid tier is smaller it is easy to make money with ActiveCampaign.

Pros

My favorite thing is the ability to set up automation and start creating it, but not finish it. As users progress through, you can add steps to the end and keep it going. This is critical for marketing that needs to be flexible and is still in the testing phase.

Cons

While it is very minor, sometimes contact changes that you make manually require a few more clicks than needed but overall the process is clear.

Love me some Active Campaign

Pros

Very easy to use and learn. Love the different automations and ways you can connect with your prospects and customers, depending on behavior.

Cons

Deliverability is always an issue with third-party email software, so this isn't unique to AC. But, I do wish deliverability were better sometimes.

I've loved using ActiveCampaign for the last 2 years and look forward to continuing to do so!

Pros

I am not super tech saavy or a big time marketer but I have been able to figure out all the features I need to engage with my customers in a meaningful way. The automations are simple to set up and make running my business a piece of cake. I also love all the support they offer, the live chat option has saved me many times when I needed to get a quick answer. I also was able to attend an all day event where I learned so much about how to effectively use this tool and I am grateful for all the amazing resources they have available.

Cons

I use this for very basic marketing so I haven't run into any issues or downfalls about it. It is far more robust than my needs are but I like that with that it doesn't overcomplicate it for the basic needs I have. All around great product.

Great Email Service for the Price!

Good to work with and good email deliverability which is the most important thing. Overall, good value and quality of automations at an affordable price compared to competitors. Not cheap, but also not super expensive and complex to run like Infusionsoft. Similar to ConvertKit in my opinion, but better automations.

Pros

It took a little while to understand everything in terms of automations and advanced features, but after I learned it I found the automations and email campaign features very easy to use. You can setup great advanced email campaigns and segmentation in a relatively simple way. Great for small businesses like ours

Cons

I think the product offers everything we could need. I wish the SMS service was offered for a lower plan like ours, but otherwise it's great.

Great for automations

Great cusomer service. Great for automations.

Pros

This a tool to help you convert more leads. The flexibility and power of automations is worth the money.

Cons

I just wish the forms were more up to date. Thinhs like a popup, floating bar lacks some behaviour control. But it allows you to customize it all with CSS.

A Must Have in Sales and Marketing

Keeping our team all on the same page. Being able to automate several tasks and be more efficient.

Pros

Ease to use and automations. How you can keep track of all the touches you've had with your contact all in one place. And the fact that I can send all my contacts a bulk or text without having to use another software.

Cons

More straight integrations with other software's instead of having to use Zapier