AdButler Logo

Suggested alternatives

zoominfo-marketingos
exads
sas-customer-intelligence-360

The support at Adbutler was amazing. I usually hit a reply within hours and the tone of the support was always positive and supportive.
I couldn't be more pleased with the support and professionalism of the AdButler team. They have been a real pleasure to work with.
AdButler support has been fabulous. Responses are swift and AdButler takes as much time as needed to troubleshoot, always following up to make sure we're happy.
Some terms are confusing and it took some train and error to work out how to do things.
I'd gladly pay $100 for the inconvenience of setting it up, but not 50$/mo.
The Interface can sometimes be a bit confusing.

Jeff P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best Ad Server Solution On The Market Plus Excellent Customer Service

I have tried several Ad serving plugins and programs over the years but when I began using AdButler about 3 years ago I quit looking. This was the perfect solution for several clients of mine.

Pros

AdButler has so many features that make this software special such as: organizing ads based on the publishers and advertisers, account statistics, variety of ad types including video, impressions and click metrics, special publisher login to manage various accounts and pricing, and brand customization for the dashboard. I highly recommend AdButler.

Cons

If you are not a regular user of AdButler from an admin standpoint you will likely need to revisit their tutorials. It's not difficult as much as it is powerful and you need to remember the process for adding and managing ads.

Thanks for your review and nice words Jeff. We are glad we are able to help you and your customers

AP

Anthony P.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

The support makes all the difference

First and foremost, the AdButler staff are incredibly helpful. Even during evaluation they were always willing to take our enquiries and offer guidance wherever possible. And then during implementation, and ongoing, they go above and beyond to help with the issues that crop up for new users. Amazing!

Pros

Great user interface and controls. Easy for all skill levels to use. Good platform features to suit most use cases. Support delivery on both web and email.

Cons

There are a few bug bears like having to add a click macro to third-party & HTML5 code (our ads are supplied by clients and we haven't had those coding skills in-house.) Also, some add ons could be argued should be part of a standard plan in this era (e.g. geo-targeting, enhanced analytics like viewability.)

Hi Anthony. Thanks for your review and feedback. We are glad we can be of assistance.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

interesting ad tracking

The beverage company where I work promotes testing campaigns and this software has allowed us to monitor them enriched because it is also suitable for other personnel in the company to give their vision of everything inside.

Pros

Because of the ease of access, advertisers and frequency can switch over smoothly, ensuring that the advertising budget is distributed equally among all participants. Advertisers are pleased with how their ad appears in the system and how quickly and efficiently things load. Thanks for everything you've done for me over the years.

Cons

Campaigns can be set up using a separate link for additional users in our organization in some cases. I don't want them to have to log in through a separate link.

Nick O.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, packed with functionality

We deliver over a million as impressions per month with this service, a mix of Paid and in house ads. It's certainly up to the task, reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Professional level as delivery system that is easy to use, but gives you everything you need; serves all types of adA from static to third party tags to VAST. The features we use most are scheduling, controlled delivery rare and geotargetting. A solid service that we have used for many years.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky but improves every year.

OH

ORLA H.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The right product for us

Overall I am really impressed with how the team at Ad Butler have supported us, over and beyond the initial setup. They listen to ideas and feedback and when they are the right fit, they implement. I like working with companies like Ad Butler that understand that software is always evolving and that having conversations with clients really helps.

Pros

We tried a few different ad systems before we found Ad Butler. Being able to self manage advertisers and keep content relevant to our site is really important to us. Ad Butler has worked with us every step of the way, always willing to have a call, go over feedback and make updates at a consistent pace.

Cons

Sometimes the workflow isn't obvious or easy to navigate but that is part of the feedback loop that we have with Ad Butler and the dedicated support really makes a difference.

MM

Michele M.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

A powerful means within the reach of even small businesses

My experience with ADButler is fantastic. It's a powerful tool for my needs. The assistance is always present and has never left me unsatisfied. Even if the updates sometimes leave me puzzled, the fact remains that ADButler is a great working tool.

Pros

I liked the ease of use and the service always ready to help you. The appropriate cost for a small reality like mine has then satisfied all my requests.

Cons

In the updates you are bringing you are losing the ease of use. Too many details, too many subtleties that are of no use in mid-level reality.

BM

Bárdur M.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Happy user of Adbutler

As mentioned we use Adbutler for administrating our campaigns running in Faroese online media. (4 different platforms)

Pros

We use the software to administrate our marketing material sent to the faroese media platforms, and is very well suited for that purpose. Also the way we can have different messages/graphic material for different countries is a big plus.

Cons

The biggest issue is when the downtime. It is not often, but sometimes it hit's and there has sometimes gone a long time before it is fixed.

Michelle H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great Service - excellent value!

I've been with AdButler for years, and have had no problems whatsoever :). I love these guys!

Pros

This product is easy to use, cost effective and really helps my business grow and expand.

Cons

I have found nothing that I do not like with this product.

Tom B.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Great web platform for ad management

Pros

Very easy to use and understand, simple navigation

Cons

Reports a little clunky to pull, would be nice to see with the campaign itself

Joseph A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Works like it supposed to

Excellent

Pros

It works well integrating smoothly with our content. No complaints on our end. I would recommend to anyone looking for an ad hosting service and player.

Cons

Not applicable. We found no downside to using this software

JR

Jose R. L.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Very pleased with adbutler to date!

We are blessed to have chosen ad butler, it was easy to setup and has served us wonders for 6 years now. We haven't had to do any code changes at all since the original setup, we haven't had any downtimes and we've always had an easy time with management of our ad placements.

Pros

The fact that it was easy to setup, just some parameters and copy/paste onto our website. The fact that there were several wordpress plugins that were fully compatible with it and that eased the installation process for us. The fact that we could still use adsense in the background for unsold adspace

Cons

The fact that there is no free tier for using this product.

PH

Pat H.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Excellent product and great customer service

Overall experience has been very good. Thanks AdButler.

Pros

AdButler replaced a prior ad service we used. After reviewing many ad services, we choose AdButler for its features, ease of use and customer service that FAR EXCEEDS the previous large and very expensive service we had used. I had great assistance to help me get the initial setup done. I have never waited more than a couple hours for response to support tickets, and get fast response when I call. AdButler continues to add new features regularly. We have overall been very happy with the choice of AB.

Cons

The only area I find a bit less robust than our previous service is the area of reporting. I would like to see more customized, predesigned and Pre-formatted reports. I can download CSV files, but I have to do a lot of formatting to make them look good for both internal and external reporting.

JM

Jordan M.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

API is very useful

Pros

The support is top notch! Once I figured out what I needed to do in regards to th API I was able to completely automate our monthly ad process. I also developed a web portal that allows our end users to manage there own placements/artwork

Cons

The API documentation was very hard to understand. This was my first really API integration so basic examples and order of operations would have been helpful.

JR

Jervin R.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Adbutler

Pros

Easy to deploy and been using it for multiple websites.

Cons

In terms of features, I would suggest having the ability to schedule the ads per day. For example, ads will be only running every Tuesday and Thursday for a month.

HI Jervin. Thanks for your review. Regarding your comment, I believe we have available the add scheduling feature you are looking for.

DT

Dustin T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Quick, Efficient and Flexible

Overall, this platform fills quite a few gaps in our ad ops process.

Pros

I like how quickly I can spin up campaigns both for publishers and advertisers. Their payment plan is flexible as well which makes it easy to manage the campaigns and process.

Cons

Documentation could be a little more robust.

Thanks for your review and feedback Dustin. We are working on improving the robustness of the documentation.

RH

Rick H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Good for beginners

Support is good and they've generally had answers to our questions. To be honest we aren't using all of the features and really need to dig into what more it could do for us.

Pros

We didn't have a third party ad server before and of the ones we checked out, Ad Butler seemed the easiest to setup, easiest to run and was the most cost effective.

Cons

The way we had to organize it, we really needed a bit more flexibility. In effect we had to setup our clients as publishers, so there was a work around. No big deal.

SP

Shawn P.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Almost perfect

Good with minor or few complications

Pros

Easy to use (somewhat) Dependable Good support

Cons

JavaScript site prevents browser controls like opening links in tabs. System setup for ads doesn't allow campaign images to have start and end dates, only zones.

MH

Marshall H.

Media Production, self-employed

Adbutler was the easiest and least expensive advertising solution

Adbutler has served me well and has been utterly reliable.

Pros

What I likes about adbutler: - Ease of use (no coding skills required. – Inexpensive, could test it without a heavy committment

Cons

The user interface took some getting used to.

WR

William R.

AdButler Ad Network

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support.

Cons

It seems the menu of items can be made easier to find. There were times when I had to contact customer support to locate certain functions which were not easily found.

LY

Leonard Y.

Newspapers, self-employed

Great Service and Easy to Use

Pros

I like mos that I can have my advertisers ads rotating thru all my websites seamlessly.

Cons

Something when a blank banner image pops up, it's difficult to determine which particular banner is causing the issues.

JK

Jenny K.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

User experience

Pros

The software is clear when there is an error message. If I cannot fix the error from this message then the support team are prompt and efficient.

Cons

Changes are made, sometimes making it confusing

MA

Mario A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Hands down the best self-hosted advertising solution to supplement AdSense

Great.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of deployment, functionality.

Cons

Nothing, really. The white label domain cost is a little excessive...since it doesn't actually cost any more resource wise and is very simple to setup. I'd gladly pay $100 for the inconvenience of setting it up, but not 50$/mo.

CM

Chad M.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Easy to use with lots of useful data......

Pros

It is very easy to use and the analytics make sense.

Cons

The Interface can sometimes be a bit confusing.

Thanks for your review Chad. Let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance.

dk

dan k.

Media Production, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Surfs Up

Good

Pros

I'm a small fish and not a big user lately (hope to ramp back up) it is fairly easy to use, but what I most liked originally is that I could call in....and you actually answered the phone. I noticed in the last year that has changed and you have to send in a ticket. I have recommended you several times just because of the prior phone support. Most software will never get you a live voice.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything to report.

DK

Dennis K.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

A good choice for banner ad delivery

Overall, a very good app for handling and serving banner ads for a website.

Pros

Very robust; it does exactly what it should without troubles. AdButler can easily pull metrics for just about any scenario you might want.

Cons

AdButler has a bit of a steep learning curve, but once you understand how it is set up and how it works, making it do what you want is relatively straightforward. Online tutorials would be a nice feature, but the tech support is extensive. A more flexible cost structure would be a welcome addition. Not everyone fits into the standard tiers.

Thanks for your review, feedback and suggestions Dennis. We will have an update on the pricing part at the beginning of the year and we're going to work more in the near future on online tutorials.