Admation Reviews

3.5/5 (193 reviews)
Pros
  • Central location for projects
  • You can see the different revisions made
  • I like having all the creative assets in one place
  • Visibility of content review process for audit and governance.
Cons
  • Not as up to date and in sync with our other systems as I would like
  • Frequent timeouts and dropout that often result in losing whole briefs.
  • I do prefer the darker looking UI , sometimes very hard to locate projects.
  • Slow; can't operate in multiple tabs in Chrome; doesn't integrate with calendar.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kylie Draper

Difficult you use. Not straight forward

Reviewed 2017-10-02

Pros
It has all the fields that are required. Once the form is completed the process work seems quite seamless. The approval process and change process is clear and straight forward.

Cons
It's not user friendly. It needs to flow better. The user seems to jumps from section to section . It needs to be clear you go from left to right on the tabs up the top. Not click on a tab here there and everywhere. There should be only tabs at that top of the page and you work your way through the form. Not tabs and links all over the page. Makes it confusing.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for your comments! We're glad that you find the approval process clear and straight forward.

We hope that the recent changes to the Project Overview screen have helped alleviate the user issues you were experiencing! Information now flows down the screen, rather than across. If you have any other suggestions or comments, please do not hesitate to email us via support@admation.com.

Candice Findlay

Overall good functionality

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Pros
The workflow is simple and customisable. I particularly like the Feedback and Proofing user interface which allows for batch feedback and approvals.

Cons
Frequent timeouts and dropout that often result in losing whole briefs.

Response from Automaton

Hi Candice,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you're enjoying our Batch Review functionality.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll continue to monitor these dropout issues for you. In the meantime, we recommend using the 'Save for Later' function, ensuring that brief information is saved to minimise data loss. You may also find that clicking the 'Save for Later' also minimises the occurrence of that 60 minute time out. We recommend that you try it out and let us know how you go! Thanks.

Kim Mawson

Banking on help

Reviewed 2018-12-18

It's made compiling a brief to our design team much easier and this really helps in getting back designs that we would like to utilise.

Pros
It's improved the briefing process immensely. It also makes it easier to track my jobs and where I am at with work on the go.

Cons
When there are changes we often find out as we are using it rather than be give a heads-up or tips on how to get the best from it. Regular updates to ensure we get the best from Admation would help.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kim,

I'm really glad to hear that admation is adding value to your team's workflows! Thanks for your feedback!

We currently post our release notes on our Help website, which can be accessed from your account under Help > Training Content.

We can also arrange for you to receive periodic emails when these releases are launched. They usually include use case examples and video detailing how to use new features. Would you be interested in receiving these? Please email us via support@admation.com to let us know.

Happy productivity,

Luke Haddad

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Pros
very user friendly and easy to master - a great tool when you have many teams needing input into artwork.

Cons
would be great to have a feature where you could mock up a page to send back to the marketing team to save drawing this up on word and saving it as an attachment

Response from Automaton

Hi Luke,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

I can definitely pass that suggestion back to the team for review. I'll send you through an email shortly to jot down a few of your requirements/ideas for this specific feature. We'll chat from there!

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

richard engel

Admation - keeps your projects on track

Reviewed 2017-01-18

the recent upgrades to support larger screen size works well however i would love to see it applied to the projects view pages. and i do prefer the darker look of the UI than the lighter version.

Pros
i can view all my projects from the dashboard, adding new approval,rejection window is perfect addition.

Cons
I do prefer the darker looking UI , sometimes very hard to locate projects.

Response from Automaton

Hi Richard,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying admation and thanks for your suggestions! I've passed these back to the team for review.

If you have any further comments or enhancements, please don't hesitate to email them through to our support team!

Jaeda Turner

Not User Friendly

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Pros
I like the notifications that are given by the software and the fact that you can track projects.

Cons
I do not like how it is integrated with e-mail and how there are a number of functions that are not used and make the process difficult to use.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jaeda,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you have a few ideas to pass onto us though! We'd really like to hear your suggestions for improvement. Are you able to email these through to support@admation.com? We'd love to make the process a lot easier for you to use. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sharon Polkinghorne

Winning

Reviewed 2017-10-02

A newly formed role that was offered to me to take and mold to fit our creative team and their needs

Pros
ease of assessing briefs ease of looking at where a job is at traffic light system functionality

Cons
The updates/sprints that release the improvements are not always an improvement and are not always to my needs

Response from Automaton

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your comments! It's great that you're enjoying the "traffic light system functionality" you're right. It is great to visualise where all the projects are at. It's one of my favourite features too!

We do our best to fit all our client's requests into our development sprints, but I understand that some requests sometimes slip through the cracks. Rest assured that it's all noted down in our backlog we're hoping that you've found value from a few of our releases over the years.

If there's anything pressing that you'd like to add to the system, please don't hesitate to email me directly and I can do my best to look into prioritising it for you!

Cassie Watson

Good Features, Not Quite There Yet

Reviewed 2019-01-16

Pros
I like that you are able to use this tool for reviewing creative assets. I like that there can be different approval levels and your home screen has everything you need at a glance.

Cons
The features people need are there with Admation, however it is not very user friendly. Its very clunky and doesn't have the best work flows.

Response from Automaton

Hi Cassie,

Thanks so much for your review of admation. We're glad that you're enjoying the different approval levels in the system. The Dashboard really is a great tool too, isn't it!

I've passed your comments back to the UX team for review. Your comments have been really helpful. Hopefully we can use your suggestions to help to improve the overall user journey within the system!

Emily Halan

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
I like that there is an easy way of putting in all work and being able to see versions that have been submitted and the changes that have been made along the way.

Cons
I don't like if you have accidentally submitted a piece to everyone in a group, that you have to resubmit the whole piece, rather than being able to edit it in the project. This adds time to the overall approval process.

Response from Automaton

Hi Emily,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback and are glad that you're enjoying the version control option available via the system. It's definitely much easier than sifting through your emails for hours on end to track changes!

There is an option to edit approvers after you've sent something out for review, but I'll pass on your suggestions to see if there's anything we can improve on here.

If you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com for extra help!

Kerrie Crandell

Successful

Reviewed 2017-10-02

The creative team has a more manageable work flow system to audit and keep track of their tasks. The account managers also benefit from the automated work flow system in keeping track of their projects.

Pros
The system is relatively easy to use and once you use it a few times it becomes very familiar and everyone's confidence in using the system increases.

Cons
The constant sprint updates that sometimes don't feel like they are an improvement. Some definitely are but others don't suit my needs.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad that you're enjoying using the admation platform to increase transparency across your creative teams.

We're always working to improve the platform for our end-users. In fact, most of our updates are customer generated! So if there's anything in particular you would like to see in the platform, please do not hesitate to let us know by emailing us at support@admation.com.

Gavin White

Room for improvement

Reviewed 2017-01-05

The functionality of the software works well and does well to make an important process very clear to stakeholders. We do however experience many crashes and errors. This can be particularly frustrating when projects are time critical. There is also plenty of room for improvement regarding ease of use.

Pros
- Makes a complicated process clear to different stakeholders - Notifications and reminders work well

Cons
- The amount of crashes and errors you experience - Ease of use could be simplified and become more intuitive

Response from Automaton

Hi Gavin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback.

We'll keep monitoring these instances where the application crashes. Our UX team is currently reviewing the customer journey across the platform so I'll make a note to pass your comments onto the team.

Thanks again,
Samantha at admation

Will Gillard

A great program for our business

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Integrates well with our marketing flow, and allows us to mark up and review pages quickly and easily. The group edit features, and ability to share with stakeholders for feedback is invaluable. The ability to set deadlines, reminder, and mask/hide areas allows us to efficiently work through our projects.

Cons
The server can be a bit temperamental, sometimes resulting in error pages, which can lead to some work being lost. There is not an easy way to clean out items that were incorrectly sent to you for approval without choosing an option which may accidentally create more work.

Response from Automaton

Hi Will,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying using the system for markups and reviewing artwork in your business. It sounds like you're really utilising all of the features widely within your workflow, which is great!

I'd be interested to hear under what circumstances you're receiving these error messages. Next time one of those errors take place, it would be great if you could follow up with an email to support@admation.com whenever these issues take place so that we can troubleshoot them for you!

I've taken note of your accidental submission issues and have added a task to our backlog so that our developers can start to consider options for this.

Thanks again, your feedback has been really useful!

Judith N

Some starting hurdles but overall helps make review process better

Reviewed 2017-01-08

It can seem a bit overwhelming and clunky to use at a start, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes an intrinsic part of making sure all stakeholders get a say, content is reviewed and approved according to process, and there's a clear audit trail.

Pros
Visibility of content review process for audit and governance.

Cons
It's not the smoothest UX - could be more intuitive and friendly so easier to pick up.

Response from Automaton

Hi Judith,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great that you've found your feet in the system. I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team to review the process for first-time users.

If you ever require any assistance, please don't hesitate to email our support team via support@admation.com!

CAITLIN HURLEY

CSH ADMATION REVIEW

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Use Admation as a project management tool for our marketing team. It is fairly easy to use and submit projects. There are some repetitive buttons within the system. I often have notifications in my message center for things to approve yet when I click it there is nothing to approve.

Pros
Central location for projects

Cons
Not as up to date and in sync with our other systems as I would like

Response from Automaton

Hi Caitlin,

We're currently looking at standardising a few of the buttons/icons in admation to reduce repetition and extra clicks across your workflows.

We're hoping we can get a few of these issues ironed out for you soon!

If you had any specific suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you at support@admation.com where we'll get those comments documented and passed onto the UX team for you.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to assist.

Rosie Jenkins

Efficient way to work with agencies and mark up files.

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Pros
I receiving the notifications! Because usually you're awaiting on a job so it's great to be notified when it's ready for review in the system.

Cons
Sometimes once I've approved something and I'm searching for it after a period of time I have issues finding it. And also the mark up tool. I never use it. I always download, PDF comment and re upload.

Response from Automaton

Hi Rosie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! It's great that you're finding value from our email notifications.

It sounds like you might benefit from using our filter function to search for items. If they are past projects, it's possible that they may have been moved to your Ad Storage. You can also use filters under that screen to locate older files!

We're sorry to hear that you're not using the mark up tools. Is there anything you feel that we can improve on here?

We look forward to hearing back from you with your suggestions.

Madeleine P

Took a while to get the hang of it, but I do find it easy to use

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Pros
Comparing two versions of mark ups Forwarding for approval/feedback Asset library for stock images

Cons
Having to go through multiple folders to get a file once downloaded Having to individually select deliverable type for multiple deliverables of the same type

Response from Automaton

Hi Madeleine,

I'm glad that you're enjoying your use of the admation platform! The compare function really is a great tool, isn't it!

I definitely get that it can be quite time-consuming to allocate those deliverable types one by one. I can see that your review date was quite some time ago, but there is an option in the system to Batch Edit the deliverable type when you're uploading multiple files.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team via support@admation.com to learn more about the batch editing. I really hope this helps to save you some time when uploading files!

Kelly Douglas

Admation Review

Reviewed 2019-09-19

Pros
You can see the different revisions made

Cons
It's not intuitive / easy to use, unless it's explained to you. The search function for looking through projects could be better. You can't search by date for example.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying use of the Compare function in the system!

I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team for review. We're hoping to make a few tweaks over the coming months to address these usability issues you mentioned.

I'll also make a note about discussing the additional search functionality request internally for you too!

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Sarah Walton

Nice idea, but too many bugs

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Better than marking up on paper for record keeping and the environment, but it's slower and more complicated. The archive search function is not efficient enough to use this as one's main catalogue.

Pros
ability to forward to groups and have multiple feedback comments visible log in through google PDFs with markups good for records

Cons
Ease of use - slow, clunky, buggy unwanted jobs cluttering approvals folder, and cannot delete them Text is an image only and selection tools are not the correct shape for line-line highlighting, so not good for copy editing

Response from Automaton

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the forwarding and markup functionality within the system.

We're sorry to hear about your cluttered approvals screen though! There is a fix to the approvals screen that's coming out in this release, but sometimes a cluttered approvals screen is the result of failing to approve or request changes on an item. IF you're still experiencing issues with this, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com for assistance.

We'll keep an eye on those speed issues you mentioned and I'll definitely pass that feedback to the team around the enhancements to the markup tools.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Stephanie Algate

AdMation Review

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Being able to mark up ads with exact changes, instead of having to phrase it very carefully in an email. Much more efficient!

Cons
You can't make any further changes once you've submitted a first round of changes. Also that you can't amend your changes once you've submitted - as things may change last minute.

Response from Automaton

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad that admation is making work much for efficient for you within your role!

I completely understand that the final nature of Approving or Requesting Changes can be a blessing and a curse at times! We've had discussions around this internally, but we've decided to keep things as is to reduce the risk of human error that would otherwise result from having your designers review ever-changing comments within the system.

Post-approval comments risk becoming too easy to miss or overlook, and we feel this would be an absolute nightmare to manage across your teams!

Therefore, the best way to amend your comments post-approval/changes is to send through a message via the system requesting another revision. This way, your comments remain recorded in the system, and clear to the design team.

Ella Wawryk

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Overall we experience a lot of issues with Admation for timeframes... the process can simply take too long with the multiple levels not being able to review simultaneously etc.

Pros
It ensures peer review of work and keeps a valued audit trail.

Cons
Clunky, the levels can make turn around times take too long. would be good if reviewers could leave feedback on the same document, like a google doc feature.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ella,

Sorry to hear about your experience! It sounds like your team could really benefit from using Continuous approvals. This sends documents through to the second level even when the document is rejected at Level 1. That way, there's no real delay around seeing items even when there are changes requested on earlier versions, and essentially people end up viewing items almost simultaneously.

To turn on continuous approvals, ensure the continuous box(es) are ticked when submitting an item for approval!

Let us know how you go with this! Please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com for additional assistance wherever you need it!

Jarrah Petzold

A winning review

Reviewed 2017-01-10

Overall I enjoy using admation, it is an easy and effective way to manage creative feedback and approvals. My only complaint really would be that it doesn't keep you logged in so multiple times I have opened up creative to review, come back to it after a meeting or approval meeting and typed up feedback only to hit submit and lose the feedback I've typed up because I have been logged out.

Pros
The ability to store the whole creative journey & feedback in one place.

Cons
It doesn't remember you or keep you logged in. It isn't as though this is online banking - I think the security could be relaxed.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jarrah,

Thanks so much for reviewing admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the ability to house creative work and feedback in the system!

I am aware of options to remember passwords in Chrome. However, for instances where you will be away from your computer for an extended period of time, I would recommend saving your comments before leaving your desk to avoid data loss!

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to email our support team for further assistance.

Thanks so much!

Bronwyn Povolny

Integration with other technology would be helpful

Reviewed 2018-12-21

We predominantly use Admation as a central storehouse for creative assets and approvals. It's a great tool for basic project management, although I feel like it's capable of more. This could just be a limitation because we have one main administrator. Ideally we would use this program for full project management beyond just the creative component. I'd also like to see other program integration (specifically Google applications like Calendar and tasks) for a more seamless work flow.

Pros
I like having all the creative assets in one place

Cons

Response from Automaton

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for taking the time to review the platform! We really appreciate your feedback.

If you'd like to integrate admation with your device's calendar, you can subscribe via your admation account. Just head to Your Name > Settings > Admation Calendar Subscription > Instructions for information on how to achieve this! We hope this helps you out.

I'll definitely pass your requests onto the team for review. Thanks again for stopping by!

Rifqa Razik

Rifqa Razik

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Easy to use & comments can be stores & referred to at a late stage.

Cons
Comments gets disappeared or functions change all the time. Pages are getting dissapered

Response from Automaton

Hi Rifqa,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. It sounds really bizarre that comments are going missing! If this continues to occur, please don't hesitate to email the Job ID through to support@admation.com and we'll endeavour to determine the source of the problem for you!

Each month we launch a new release in the admation platform with various improvements and bug fixes in the system hence the changes you may see! If you'd like to learn more about our monthly releases, there's a section on our Help website detailing each of these changes!

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do to assist!

Nina Fomin

Good program with some flaws

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-19

We wanted a product produced and this was done. It was frustrating trying to find a way to export the final version and I wasn't 100% sure how to submit my comments - or if they'd been successfully submitted.

Pros
It provided a good way to track creative projects with other teams - particularly if you're not sure who to reach out to directly.

Cons
It's not very clear for a first time user how to navigate. Could be clearer with clearer step by step instructions/work flow.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your recent review of admation! We're glad that you've taken the time to provide us with your feedback. I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team for review.

If you're still experiencing any issues with exporting final artwork and submitting comments, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team via support@admation.com!

MIMI LAY

Reviewed 2019-09-20

it's not a bad program to use, it would great if there was a 2 way chat on this program

Pros
easy to access from e-mail that's sent by marketing coordinator

Cons
No other training apart from the first training we had. No customer support to go to

Response from Automaton

Hi Mimi,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation, and what great timing as well! We've recently had a chat to Amy B from your other team to look into a follow-up training session! If you'd like to participate, I'd recommend sending through a note to Amy expressing your interest!

For troubleshooting within the system, we have an in-house dedicated support team located in Melbourne and we're available from 8AM - 6PM Monday to Friday to assist you wherever you need it! Please don't hesitate to get in touch via support@admation.com if you ever get stuck!

We're currently rewriting our How To Guides. We'll let you know once these updated guides have been launched. But in the meantime, all current guides are accessible in your admation account under Help > Training Content. There's also a Custom Documentation tab featuring videos from our first session with you.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist!