Admation Reviews

3.5/5 (193 reviews)
Pros
  • Easy to use
  • easy access to assets.
  • Comparison tool is the most useful in most cases.
  • Being able to work remotely and nationwide within our team
Cons
  • Nothing so far! But will provide feedback if.when necessary
  • Can be glitchy at times. Sometimes has a slow response time.
  • It feels a little clunky and laggy, the experience needs to be smoother
  • There are too many alternate ways to do things rather than a simplified single way.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jessa Spry

Admation works well

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Overall, it has been a positive experience, it works well but has some issues that can be sorted to make it work better.

Pros
- tagging people in the comments - selecting exactly what you require updated in the editing reviews - receiving an email when something happens on your projects - ease of communication

Cons
- confusion between asset library and ad storage - only using on Google Chrome, does not work on Internet Explorer - would prefer a list of "my projects" rather than recent projects on the front page of the dashboard - some issues occur with uploads - not being able to reply to your sent email to continue along the same thread.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jessa,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying communicating with your team using the platform.

Ad Storage is related to final advertisements that have been reviewed, approved and finalised in the system. The asset library usually includes things like logos, imagery etc that might form part of a final ad.

Recent projects refers to the last dozen or so items that you've clicked into on admation. Looking into your account, it looks like you have a permission level set to "View All Projects". In that case, it might help to use the filters under the In Progress list to search through your projects instead. I hope this helps to clear things up!

We'll definitely take your request on 'My Projects' for managers into account too. Thanks for this suggestion we really appreciate you providing feedback on ways to make the system better for all users!

The admation team.

Diane Bugge

Good tracking system for groups

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
It has all of the functionality we need. Our team is able to find everything for a project in one place.

Cons
My biggest gripe is that I cannot send a follow up message to someone who hasn't yet responded. I find myself copying the message into a new message. A much less big deal is that I wish I could start typing a name into a new message "to:" field & have the system find the person for me. I email the same few people regularly, and it can be slow to open the contacts list, navigate to the proper group, and scroll down to select a name.

Response from Automaton

Hi Diane,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! Glad to hear that you're enjoying all the functionality offered by the platform.

It sounds like you could really benefit from using our "Remind All" function to send a manual reminder out to users who haven't responded to your artwork's feedback request. Please don't hesitate to email our support team for more information on how to achieve this.

In the meantime, I'll note down your suggestions for the messaging function. I'll pass these on to the UX team for review!

Thanks and Happy Productivity!

Kelly Coyner

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Overall positive, the only thing is when there is something wrong/that I don't like (see above) it is very wrong and frustrating

Pros
I like the fact that all jobs are saved and you can see all history to each, there is a lot of transparency and everything is saved in the one spot

Cons
Annotating digital artwork is awful when there is animation involved. If I take a snapshot to annotate it then freezes the whole page. I have to shut down Admation and go back into it from the beginning to then annotate the snapshot.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kelly,

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the increased transparency across your marketing teams.

It sounds like a really frustrating issue you're experiencing with the snapshot feature! I haven't heard this issue reported across other clients using animated GIFs, websites or videos, so it's very possible that your issue is isolated to your computer. Sometimes the fix can be as simple as swapping browsers. Nonetheless, I'd love to get someone to contact you to help troubleshoot.

Do you mind if I pass your details onto the support team to get in touch?

Samantha at Admation.

Simone Jorgensen

Soo easy to use and navigate!

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I use Admation to annotate our Catalogues. Great annotation features, easy to use, and user friendly!

Pros
I love how easy Admation is to navigate through! Soo easy to use! Love that you can leave comments on an annotation and talk directly to the designer, regarding a specific change you want to make.

Cons
Nothing so far! But will provide feedback if.when necessary

Response from Automaton

Hi Simone,

Thanks for taking the time to review Admation! We love that you're enjoying using the system to collaborate with your design team.

You might also benefit from using our @tagging feature to tag designers or other users in your comments! Try it by popping an @ before a user's name whilst annotating work. Let us know how that works for you!

We're always updating our product, and customer feedback is a HUGE part of that process! So if anything pops up, please feel free to let us know via support@admation.com. Thanks again!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Amanda Huynh

Basic Use of Admation

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Using admation for BAU things like marking up proofs - not sure what other functions & features admation has but this is my primary use.

Cons
Marks ups are not live, meaning other teams cannot see marks up until it is locked.

Response from Automaton

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Based on your comments, I think you might benefit from using our @tagging feature!

Next time you're writing an annotation or comment on artwork, type @ then add the name of the user you're wishing to include on the comment. Then click Save. This will send a notification to that user, with a link to look at your comment, even before you approve or request changes on an item.

Let me know how this works for you!

Emma Green

towards satisfaction

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Keeping an audit trail on published content and making sure all content goes through appropriate sign off.

Pros
Its very effective audit trail for business'es publishing content.

Cons
It functionality remains clunky and the user interface could be improved by being cleaner and more intuitive.

Response from Automaton

Hi Emma,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. I've had a chat to the UX team about the intuitiveness around the system. We've recently welcomed a new UX Developer who's dedicating some time to cleaning up the admation interface over the coming months. If any specific suggestions spring to mind, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com so that we can document and record those issues for you!

Sharon Lam

Overview

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Comparison tool is the most useful in most cases.

Cons
Deadline. Would be good if we can have a deadline time countdown. Also for the markups, would be better if we can have the text formatting options like making things bold etc

Response from Automaton

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your feedback! I'll definitely pass these comments back to the development team for review.

If there's anything else that springs to mind, please do not hesitate to email us directly via support@admation.com.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Charmaine Wong

Fantastic for project managers

Reviewed 2018-12-26

Pros
It’s easy to track how much time team member spends on client’s projects. Makes pricing and managing workloads a breeze.

Cons
Login with Google Authenticator is annoying, would be great to be able to opt out of this. Would be better if the team members who work on a project can be remembered or “replicated” each time you copy a project.

Response from Automaton

Hi Charmaine,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the time tracking feature in admation! Sounds like it's been really handy for your business!

I'll definitely note down your request to remember team members in a job. Thanks for your feature request here!

Miguel Lopez

FTO Champion

Reviewed 2018-12-18

I realized that document management was easy, however I would expect that has a clear flow about the approvers, even when I'am adding new files (versions). I would like it has a tutorial bout a better usage, It has several tolos, but I don know all.

Pros
I like the visibility to all the projects, I can check the status.

Cons
At begining this year I can not Upload the Excel and Word documents, due had a long tittle name. It was a nightmare :( I need ony google Chrome to enter

Response from Automaton

Hi Miguel,

Thanks so much for your suggestions for improvement around document management! We're glad that you're now able to upload excel and word documents with ease.

I've passed your suggestions back to the team for review. Do you envisage the pending document reviews resembling the pending artwork approval view?

We're also in the final stages of launching our updated help centre. We'd love to hear your thoughts on this once it's launched.

Michael Smolders

Great platform for the whole marketing team to use

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
It's a collaborative artwork management tool that keeps an audit history of changes, comments and approvals - so you always know where everything is at with each campaign.

Cons
Can be a bit complicated to work through different sections and find a particular action point. But overall it's pretty intuitive.

Response from Automaton

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback! We're glad that you're enjoying the enhance collaboration and auditing functions offered by the system.

I'll pass your comments through to the UX team for review. Please don't hesitate to email our support team if there's anything else we can do to assist in the meantime!

Todd Reid

Admation survey

Reviewed 2017-01-12

Pretty good overall, not great. Would like to see a UI uplift - looking very dated. Would like to see improved search functionality

Pros
easy access to assets.

Cons
Not easy to view jobs by different designers. UI looks very dated (uplift was promised when we purchased). Mobile experience needed.

Response from Automaton

Hi Todd,

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

I've passed your suggestions for improvement on to the team for review. Let's try to improve that user experience for you!

sean wroe

I think the program works well with some things, but I cannot easily search.

Reviewed 2017-10-03

A central/robust repository for sign off

Pros
It has the information contained in 1 spot and is a good model for providing sign off/review for marketing material.

Cons
The ability to mark up changes and monitor all changes. Also, it has recently changed the 'decline' and 'upload' functionality. This may be more me that the software, but I can't tell

Response from Automaton

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

So sorry to hear about your experience with the search functionality. If there's anything specific that we can either add or enhance for you, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Please email your suggestions through to support@admation.com! Thanks.

Emma Torch

Its ok

Reviewed 2017-09-27

Pros
I like that I can book in resources across different offices., however even this can become confusing as I do not fully understand booking a resource 'fixed' or 'flexible'. I like that I can upload documents and then make revisions to those documents.

Cons
It' clunky. It's not intuitive. Everything seems harder and less efficient than it should be. I don't use the approvals system so cannot comment on that but for resource, it's frustrating that I cannot easily amend projects, can't populate dates easily, can allocate a project to more than one person.

Response from Automaton

Hi Emma,

We would like to thank you for recently taking some time to share your review of admation. We're sorry you have had some negative experiences using admation. Our product development team is currently looking into the issues you raised and we hope to be in a position to address them in the coming product releases. Our product support team will contact you with a detailed response in regards to your review. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Anonymous

Good in theory

Reviewed 2018-12-17

While including solid end-to-end workflows, Admation lacks in stability.

Pros
I enjoy the purpose built nature of the platform that works well with the workflows of creative teams.

Cons
The common bugs and glitches which stifle efficiency, and the constant logging out if you have more than one Admation tab open.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you've had this experience with us.

Admation requires one tab to remain open at a time. If you require more than one tab open, I would recommend using another browser or in-cognito window to get around this.

Let us know how you go!

Natalie Lilburn

Making life easier for a busy marketer

Reviewed 2018-12-19

I was a doubter at first, but as I have become more comfortable with the software, it has made the production process much easier to manage.

Pros
It is easy to use, and provides a great way of storing material for future use. It makes the approval process much more streamlined, and the audit feature makes sure all the history around a particular job is available.

Cons
The help function is a little difficult to navigate if you don't use the correct terminology.

Response from Automaton

Hi Natalie,

Glad to hear that we're making life easier for you! We really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for your suggestion! You'll be glad to hear that we're just about to launch our new help centre on admation. We've rewritten a lot of the content to help make it easier to search in the system too! We'd love to hear your feedback on it once it's been launched!

Toby Fitzgerald

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Pros
It opens a communication channel between internal stakeholders of our business and our external creative agency that would generally not connect and allows for greater context to be given in regard to creative feedback

Cons
The inability to lock users out from making markups or comments after a deadline has proved frustrating, and the software can sometimes operate slowly.

Response from Automaton

Hi Toby,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying the platform!

I'll make a note of that feature request to lock users after a deadline elapses. Thanks for your suggestion! I'm sorry to hear that it's been causing some trouble on your end. In the meantime, there's an organisation-wide setting that can be turned on from our end which you can use to manually lock a level once a deadline elapses.

I'd recommend speaking to our support team via support@admation.com about your options. In your email, please mention 'Automatic Level Lock/Unlock For Manual' as the setting you're wishing to look into.

Let me know how you go!

Valentina Saldouzi

Good but still a little bit more to go

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Experience has been good so far but not great

Pros
Most of the time there's an ease of use in terms of all the functionalities that are available within the software that's good.

Cons
The clunky user experience. Should be an easier journey when navigating around. At the moment there's a lot of clicks and bugs

Response from Automaton

Hi Valentina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you're enjoying the different tools in the system.

I'll chat to the UX team about your experience. Hopefully we can make your user journey a bit more smoother.

Thanks again,

Ming Bong

User Interactivity

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
I like that everything is in one place for reviews/feedback and everyone tagged would be involve in the projects

Cons
It feels a little clunky and laggy, the experience needs to be smoother

Response from Automaton

Hi Ming,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the platform.

Our UX team is currently reviewing the platform to see where we can simplify the user experience. We're hoping that you'll start to see these changes launched over the next quarter!

If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to email us at support@admation.com!

Anonymous

Ease of use is great

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Makes our process a lot easier. Can be helpful with multiple users to get work done across the business.

Pros
Great for auditing, made it so simple and the UI is extremely well done and thought out so it's so easy to jump into it and get started without spending hours on trying to figure out next steps. So, bravo for a lot of UI/UX work done before bringing this to customers.

Cons
The lack of flexibility with uploading projects and files - it is clunky and slow to upload and keep organized. Can easily get frustrated with slow load time and time outs.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback.

We're always looking to improve the user experience across the platform and we'd love to hear your thoughts around how to best improve the project and file uploads. Please feel free to send us an email via support@admation.com to voice your thoughts. We look forward to hearing from you!

DUlce Covarrubias

Admation user

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Is too early to decide whether is making a difference compared to previous software (Simple)

Pros
Dashboard where I get a visual of the status of my jobs I can email external team members (emails) on jobs currently on Admation

Cons
In some instances, when I perform an action, like providing feedback or commenting on a job, I then have to send an email advising t check Admation for comments/feedback... doubling up tasks

Response from Automaton

Hi Dulce,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the Dashboard feature in the system.

It sounds like you could really benefit from a few functions within the system to help keep that feedback loop in check. If people are sending work to you to review, there's a @tagging feature which allows you to mention users in your annotations/comments. This sends them an extra email to let them know that there are comments directed at them to view. Select @ then type in the user's name to tag them in a comment. Then Save!

If you're sending work to users, you can send automatic reminders as the deadline approaches if they haven't already responded. You can also bulk 'Remind All' users to respond to pending feedback requests too.

I'd recommend messaging our support team via support@admation.com for more information on these steps. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for help wherever you need it!

Bella D

Admation review

Reviewed 2017-01-12

Admation has been great in keeping a paper trail of work being trafficked through the studio. It's generally easy to use, and if I'm unsure how to do something I can usually figure it out pretty quickly.

Pros

Cons
You can't click "back" on your browser otherwise you have to re-enter your login details.

Response from Automaton

Hi Bella,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad that you're finding the functionality easy to use!

Instead of using the BACK button on your browser, you should use the back button in the system to avoid back-tracking too far. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with support if you continue to experience issues with this!

Nicole Vanderkroef

Good for establishing an audit trail and collaboration -- functionality a bit clunky

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Pros
Being able to clearly see who has reviewed what and what stage a document is in in the approval process.

Cons
Difficult to leave comments and feedback. Confusion between 'approval', 'conditional approval', and 'changes'.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We understand your frustration around this stage of the approval process. Our friendly Support Team will get in contact you with to try clear up the confusion between the three types of decisions. Admation also provides a range of training documentation in our HELP section that you may find useful. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Erin Henderson

Great for in-house design teams

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Being able to work remotely and nationwide within our team

Cons
Can be glitchy at times. Sometimes has a slow response time.

Response from Automaton

Hi Erin,

Glad to hear you're enjoying admation for your team. We're always doing our best to improve on the speed and usability of the system. Thank you for your feedback!

If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us via support@admation.com

Aurore Blake

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
The software is really intuitive and easy to use. Every steps in the approval process are straightforward and you don't really need to go back to any tutorials as features are self explanatory.

Cons
It would be good to be able to remove message notifications as you can receive many in a short amount of time. It would also be good to be able to add someone in the middle of the process once some artwork has been declined for example and select which creatives you want them to see.

Response from Automaton

Hi Aurore,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the platform!

I'll definitely make a note on the message notifications for you, as this request has come up previously. Thanks for your suggestion on improving the Change Requests. Are you able to send us through an email on a use case for this? We'll then document it and send it off to the team for review!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Leiah Woolstone

Daily user

Reviewed 2018-12-27

Its been mixed. I work within a large organisation with a lot of sub companies. I first started using the site while working for one of our companies, my role was to come in and iron out the issues of the site within our environment and get it up and running and implemented throughout our team. We aborted the site as it was not suited to our very agile environment, and no one liked using it. A lot of complaints. THEN i moved into one of our other sub companies where the system had already been adopted for 12 months. It works differently within this environment. There are still a lot of issues - some surprisingly should not even be on the site, and others which need addressing and fixing - the issues from our end appear that not a lot of thought into the workings within different environments have been considered in the programming stage.

Pros
There is great potential, but the site needs a lot of work to get to its full potential

Cons

Response from Automaton

Hi Leiah,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your honest feedback.

I'll chat to our team about the benefits of streamlining the buttons around the general process (ie downloading items, submitting for approval, adding revisions etc). Your feedback has been really helpful!

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com for more information! Thanks.