Admation Reviews

3.5/5 (193 reviews)
Pros
  • Constantly updating to fit out needs.
  • Really brought structure to the deparment
  • the facility will upload files to the platform
  • Keeps a good record of all our partner sign offs.
Cons
  • Navigation is terrible
  • Hard to find the right information upfront
  • It's easy to get lost within a sea of comments.
  • No complaints really, I have had a goof experience.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jesse Birthisel

mostly positive but its an extra step in our workflow

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Pros
Audit trail is a great feature and assists in accountability and responsibility. Customer support is fantastic!!

Cons
Really clunky and too may clicks to get to the sections I need. Also would be good to have an 'are you sur' window to avoid mistaken uploads.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jesse,
It's great to hear that you've found our audit trail feature so beneficial.
Improving the usability of admation for our users is always at the forefront of our development and we hope we can improve on these aspects in our upcoming updates.
We really appreciate the feedback Jesse! Many Thanks,

Mischa Liu

Very easy to use and navigate

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Pros
I like that I can provide feedback to selected people, or to all. Clean and simple interface.

Cons
Zoom in and zoom out function could be an it better, instead of clicking the zoom butter, it would be good to have mouse zoom in and out

Response from Automaton

Hi Mischa,

We are so glad to hear that you find admation simple and easy to use, this is certainly one of one of our main focus areas.
We are always striving to improve each and every admation feature, and this includes the zoom functionality. Thank you once again for taking the time to review admation. Many Thanks,

Ingrid Roding

GREAT

Pros
Really brought structure to the deparment

Cons
does take a while to get into all features. Needs 1 person driving it

Response from Automaton

Hi Ingrid,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback.

Glad that you're enjoying the additional structure around your approvals process! I hope that Anna enjoyed the recent training session too. If there's anything we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to email us via support@admation.com.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Stephanie Soya

Like working in 1998

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I try to use it as least as possible, I have gone back to emailing all assets for approval to make it easier for the approver to access and view my "deliverables". If someone says to me "it's in Admation" I literally get a sense of dread. My poor manager has made it his almost full time job just trying to manage the mess that is admation and I get him to brief me via Jira. Which is double handling for him, but there was so much mis-communication and tasks falling into black holes when all our teams tried to use admation only. It has now added to our work load and is another thing we "have to do".

Pros
um nope, sorry, nothing comes to mind. Wow, you put a minimum character count for this field? Sad.

Cons
UI & design- Awful, extremely dated, feels like going back in time. UX- Complicated and unintuitive, so many elements on the interface seem redundant or meaningless and cannot be self interpreted. Features-limited and clunky. Multiple ambiguous steps required for simple tasks, features lacking for how our company is trying to use it (as a complete workflow and approvals system). I could go on, but I really don't have the time.

Response from Automaton

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry that you've had this experience with us. We're continuously working with our UX team to improve the customer experience across the platform. We've recently welcomed a new UX developer who should be pushing out a few great changes across the system before the end of the year.

The character count sounds like something that's coming from your custom-briefs. This is customisable per your brand, and we could perhaps chat to your marketing manager about reducing or removing this character count altogether.

If possible, I'd like to set up a call with you to document and perhaps iron out a few of these specific procedural issues you're experiencing on your end. If you'd like to get in touch, please don't hesitate to get in touch via support@admation.com to arrange a time to chat!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Jessica Jarrett

Review of Admation for nib

Reviewed 2018-12-18

The platform is fulfilling the need in the business, but some small issues as outlined above are some cause for confusion. However, CSR is always happy to help and very thorough in providing the answers.

Pros
The dashboard is easy to use, displays are clear and the ability to send follow ups on reviews is great. CSR is always very helpful and responsive with any questions.

Cons
Things I would like improved: The ability to use Word docs in the platform - very clunky and hard to communicate to stakeholders. Ability to approve with marked up changes - this is something that would save time for the stakeholders and the job briefer - sometimes it's just a small word change and then fine to go. If you make changes and approve currently, it won't notify you of the changes requested.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to review the platform. We really appreciate your feedback.

The easiest way to view documents in admation is via saving the files as PDFs. When uploaded as a PDF, you'll be able to annotate the documents within the system. Let us know how this works for you!

There is an option to conditionally approve an item within admation. I'd love to have a chat to you and your team about your options before turning it on. Let us know how you'd like to proceed by emailing us at support@admation.com!

Anonymous

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
It's easy to see which projects and deliverables require action, and making changes to designs is an easy and intuitive process. I also like the content database for accessing previously used images.

Cons
The briefing process is a bit confusing and there are so many options for tabs within projects and deliverables that it's sometimes hard to know where to place information.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback.

We've recently removed the tabs within projects and have replaced them with a single scrolling view! We hope this makes it easier for you to locate items within your project. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can assist with!

Mike Tucker

Great Workflow

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Pros
I really like the ability to have visibility to the teams progress via the dashboard.

Cons
The messaging system notifications have not bounce back to my email in some instances.

Response from Automaton

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for reviewing admation! We really appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you're enjoying the additional visibility around projects shown on the Dashboard screen.

It sounds really bizarre that you're missing message notifications from time to time. Next time this happens, I'd suggest emailing support via support@admation.com to help troubleshoot this issue for you.

Kathryn Morpeth

Admation review

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I am slowly getting used to the Admation software and finding it ok. Overall I find it very busy, there is too much information which is unnecessary which makes it hard to use and understand. Its not a user friendly or intuitive platform and could be designed to be much more appealing to the eye.

Pros
Keeps a good record of all our partner sign offs.

Cons
Its not easy to edit, use and approve items. It requires more customisation to suit the business use or purpose of the software. It should be a system that is so intuitive that you don't require training like Pageproof, which is used by our white-label partner. It would be really helpful if you had business best practice for use, because the process is much bigger than just the platform i.e. file types used etc. which could be communicated through the platform.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! We hope that last week's group training session helped to alleviate most of your queries.

We'll definitely take your suggestions into account for future product development. We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer onto our team, who will be pushing a few more changes out onto the platform over the coming months, which we're very excited to see! We'll keep you in the loop as these changes take place!

In the meantime, you are welcome to email me directly for any other questions. Looking forward to catching up with you for our next session in 2 weeks!

Samantha at Admation

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

wendy hardiman

Compare old and new with ease

Reviewed 2019-09-10

The reporting or processing of individual pages seems a lot clearer to review. Even when there are multiple users adding annotations, it prints with clear comments so nothing overlaps

Pros
I like the fact that you can position current and previous rounds side by side to see updates and corrections easily

Cons
I find the inbox is more complicated than it needs to be. I just want to see one notification per event. Not one notification per individual page

Response from Automaton

Hi Wendy,

I've now scheduled in a time to chat about the inboxing platform with our product development and UX teams internally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Nancy Chhabra

Amazing Software

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-16

Overall I have had a good experience with Admation.

Pros
I really like the fact that I can input my comments/changes and multiple people can view it at the same time.

Cons
No complaints really, I have had a goof experience.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback.

You may be interested to know that we're currently updating our help guides. These changes will make it easier for you to access a wider range of support options from the system. We'll let you know once these changes have been launched.

Marge Camacho

AdMation Rocks!

Reviewed 2017-01-13

It's so easy to use Admation! I am currently using it for my store images, advertising collaterals from my principals and it's fast and easy!

Pros
It's so easy to use when using files for Ads, Store graphics and online banner pages. When principals send files - it's fast and easy to download and edit!

Cons
The site is sometimes down or links don't work properly, needs time to refresh

Response from Automaton

Hi Marge,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying using admation in your role!!

We'll continue to monitor instances of downtime across the application. For any major or ongoing issues, please don't hesitate to email our support team via support@admation.com!

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Anonymous

UX

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
Everything can be stored in it. Which makes things easy.

Cons
Hard to find the right information upfront

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of admation! We'll chat to our UX team about making information more visible in the system. Thanks again for your feedback!

Adam Hepburn

I use Admation everyday. It's a great system for proofing design work, giving feedback or direction

Reviewed 2017-09-27

Pros
The ability for multiple designers, marketers and managers to direct workflow, provide feeback, access a media library and work as a team - even when working remotely. Its a great system and it has heaps of great features.

Cons
I do find the new mutliple 'Batch review' a little confusing. Sometime the markup section is also confusing - as these edits are very small in the preview window and can be missed, especially when it is a simple copy edit.

Response from Automaton

Hi Adam,

We would like to thank you for your recent review of admation. We appreciate that you feel admation is a great system and find many of our features useful. We hope to upkeep this standard.
To assist you in better understanding our batching and mark up functionalities, one of our Support Team will be in contact with you in the coming days. Many Thanks,

Holly Jain

Efficient in many ways but can be clunky and hard to navigate

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Working between teams but feel this could be implemented a lot better from our side also. I can see the potential but for what we currently use the platform for, feels hard to use and clunky.

Pros
Multiple people on projects approvals asset storage

Cons
Hard to navigate very confusing interface not intuitive

Response from Automaton

Hi Holly,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer onto our team who's making small tweaks to improve the user experience across the platform. You should notice these changes over the coming months!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance with mapping and ironing out those small procedural issues internally. I'm happy to set up a call with you, Kylie T and any other team members to chat about your workflow options if it suits you.

Please email us via support@admation.com to arrange a time! Looking forward to hearing from you.

William Hine

A good start, but room for improvement

Reviewed 2017-01-05

The navigation is lacking. There needs to be some work put into the user experience. All the functionality is there but it's just difficult to use.

Pros
Everything is in one place and there isn't emails back and forth

Cons
Navigation is terrible

Response from Automaton

Hi William,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. I've passed your comments back to the UX team for review. We're aiming on making the customer journey a priority throughout the admation platform. Stay tuned for updates in this space!

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

anna con

A bit clunky

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Ok, would prefer a more seamless experience

Pros
That you can write notes during reviewing process for copywriter or designer

Cons
It's easy to get lost within a sea of comments.

Response from Automaton

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you're enjoying using our mark up tools! It sounds like you have a few suggestions for the system. If so, we'd love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to email your suggestions through to support@admation.com!

Lara Saunders

Good Asset Management

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Dislike the UX, the platform also looks quite dated.

Pros
The asset management is good. Like that the platform is quite customisable.

Cons
Poor UX, too many forms of communication. Dislike the email functionality through Admation, would prefer to add comments against deliverables and threads in projects that are visible to all.

Response from Automaton

Hi Lara,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our product! Most of our updates in the system are user generated, so I'll definitely pass your comments around the messaging platform through to our UX team. It seems that there's a bit of improvement that can take place there for end users.

If you had any specific comments or things you'd like to change about the messaging, please don't hesitate to email these through to support@admation.com and we'll get these documented for you. Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Julie Bardoz

A platform that does the job

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Pros
Every time we are having an issue with a functionality or a content, it has always been fixed quickly. Admation is making regular updates which are useful.

Cons
Admation does the job for our Creative projects but after 18 months using it, I don't find the platform user-friendly. I often struggle to review my projects.

Response from Automaton

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our platform! We really appreciate your feedback.

I'll pass your comments onto the UX team for review, as we'd love to make the platform easier for our users to use. Thanks again!

Christina koutsaplis

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
We can see who has worked on artwork eg. who uploaded and who sent the work off.

Cons
there are some bugs in the software that has not been fixed. You need to go through a lot of links until you get what you need. Uploading multiple pages is not user friendly

Response from Automaton

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your feedback! I'd love to learn a littlexs more about how you're currently uploading multi-page files in admation, as we do support multi-page PDFs.

I'd also like to hear about the specific workflows where you'd like to see a lot less clicks through to links. Our User Experience (UX) team would be really keen on improving these for you.

If you'd like to arrange a time to chat, please email us via support@admation.com! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Claire Jaques

Admation Review - Claire Jaques

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Previously we in our Marketing department was using Basecamp and we switched to Admation about a year ago. Though the switch was a big change for us and took some getting used to, overall Admation has proved to be a great help in managing the projects coming in. It has been great to be able to upgrade the platform to tailor to our needs. Looking forward to continuing updates to increase productivity!

Pros
Constantly updating to fit out needs.

Cons
It is a little clunky, however, there have been great improvements in the past year.

Response from Automaton

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We truly appreciate your feedback! As you know, we're always looking to improve our platform for any suggestions or other areas of improvement, please don't hesitate to email support@admation.com to get in touch with your feature requests!

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Oli West

Functional but unintuitive

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
It's a solid piece of software that I can trust to track requests and approvals.

Cons
It's really unintuitive to use, and I'm frequently searching around for the information/button that I need. Our compliance team spends more time than they should troubleshooting users' questions.

Response from Automaton

Hi Oli,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer on board who would love to hear more about your current user experience with the platform.

We'd love to arrange a time to chat about any specific suggestions you may have. If this is something you'd be interested in doing, please don't hesitate to get in contact via support@admation.com to arrange a time.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Katherine Bond

mostly positive

Pros
very quick and streamlined. approvals are easy to manage

Cons
not all users are well versed and are reluctant to use it in our organisation

Response from Automaton

Hi Katherine,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We're glad that you're enjoying using the platform.

I'm thinking that perhaps your team could benefit from a short training workshop to ensure that everyone's up to speed and comfortable with using the system. The process is definitely a lot smoother when everyone's involved! I'll have a chat to the team about arranging this! Chat shortly.

Lauren Walloscheck

Confusing

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-10

I think it could be really great but as a user that is not dealing with it daily or weekly, I do find it difficult to know where to go for what

Pros
I like that it can hold the Creative team accountable for the work we request

Cons
I find it quite hard to navigate, usually getting instructions from the Creative team & also with mark ups, I generally just print the document off then scribble on it, scan it in & send to them as mark ups are too difficult to make on the software

Response from Automaton

Hi Lauren,

I'm sorry to hear about your current experience with admation. As a non-heavy user, I completely understand where you could benefit from some simplification of the system. I'll pass your comments onto the UX team for review. We're hoping that we can iron out a few of those areas of confusion for you over the coming months.

If you have any other suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to email them through to support@admation.com!

Iván Umaña

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
the facility will upload files to the platform

Cons
Problems to download files and the fall of servers on several occasions

Response from Automaton

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We'll continue to monitor these server issues for you. Please don't hesitate to email our support team if you continue to experience any issues!

Cate Lane

User un-friendly

Reviewed 2019-01-01

I would rather not use it. Unfortunately my place of work uses it as a job processing system. It's not a pleasant experience to use it.

Pros
There isn't much to like about Admation unfortunately. For a creative, it's not user friendly and very cumbersome with an unattractive and unwieldy interface.

Cons
All the actions, buttons and clicks you need to take to complete one process. It's too much!

Response from Automaton

Hi Cate,

So sorry to hear that your experience with admation hasn't been so great!

We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer onto our team who will be tasked with tidying up a few of those procedural issues (and extra clicks) for you over the next few months. Please keep an eye out for these changes!

If there's anything we can do to assist in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us via suppport@admation.com.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10