AWeber Logo
AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

visit website

AWeber Reviews - Page 2

Good for getting started

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Simple and effective email marketing tool

Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

Pros

I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here. Their support team are fantastic.

Cons

I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

Good beginner option for email marketing

Generally AWeber is a good solid piece of software and was ideal for the first stages of email marketing. I had no problems with it at all .Once you start getting more than 500 subscribers you have to make a decision on the features you need and pricing bands for other companies. AWeber is still very competitive at under $20/month, but other competitors have superior features.

Pros

Price (free for first 500 subscribers), subscriber tagging, Wordpress plugin, landing pages and forms, Google Analytics

Cons

At the time, the pricing for more than 500 subscribers didn't work for me so I switched products to ConvertKit

Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns

I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

Pros

The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

Cons

I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

Revisión de Aweber

Pros

Pros I just like the capability to look the stats on my campaigns and subscribers. They are compatible with most different softwares accessible. The cellphone app is pretty on hand, too. Their customer support is the first-rate I've discovered for an access stage plan for an e-mail autoresponder. Well, no longer the unfastened model, I do not think. But the lowest degree paid plan lets you call them as much as you like and they may be constantly very helpful. I experience assured that I can discern out anything I need to do as long as I can name them. Most different e mail carriers make you pay a lot more for that characteristic. This is probably the most important purpose I've stayed with Aweber

Cons

Cons the have improve región where you compose the emails but there are still issues Whit It I continously ought to undero my emails. and do hard retursn on each líne to get the spacing accutare Also there troubles with transferring for the duration of the email text and adjusting the font sizes and so fort i'm constalytly going returned to the drop menú make certain the font is an appropiate zise as It does not do not forget what font size i decided on for the preceding parágraph maybe there's an área to adjust this

My experience with Aweber

For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros

The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place. Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time. Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons

Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included. Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

Easy to use and great support

I use AWeber for list managament especially for new projects where I want to test a market before allocating resources to build a website. It works really well for that. Split testing is easy and their support is very good. The landing pages could be more controllable but actually that probably isn't the most important thing in a campaign (Although you could say why bother to split test then, well that would be a good point). I would like to be able to put video in there because that does make a difference to engagement. I guess they'll add it at some point. It's not full of features like ClickFunnels but then it's much more reasonably priced as a result!

Pros

I can set up a list campaign quickly and easily without even needing a website

Cons

I can't put video in the AWeber landing page

Hi Adrian. Thanks so much for your review! I noticed your comment about not being able to put video on your landing page. We do allow that by simply adding the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you need assistance with it, please contact our Customer Solutions team.

Good value

I chose this on the recommendation of my VA who noted the list segmentation was excellent for my business. Excellent customer care for questions.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, can segment list to organise contacts into categories of interest for relevant contact, a lot of good customer support and training.

Cons

It is a learning curve getting started (for a non-techie) - but otherwise nothing to deter future use and loyalty.

Not Great for Small Business

This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros

It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons

It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

Top email marketing tool

From the start, everything was clear for me, and I got into the software almost immediately. Every further step I have made was smooth, and what I expected. It saves a lot of time and makes sure that your emails will be delivered. Also, you get great analytics, which helps you plan for your next steps.

Pros

This software has everything that I could imagine I will need for my email campaigns. Also, there handling of potential spam mail is excellent. When you do the campaign using this software, likely, you would not have problems with your emails being characterized as spam.

Cons

To be affordable, you need to have a large number of subscribers and mail campaigns. It is not for small users or companies that have sporadic email campaigns.

Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet

I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros

Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons

There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

Good Value Overall

Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros

Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons

Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.

Great Pricing, Amazing Support

Solid, solid, solid.

Pros

Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons

The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.

Powerful Email Marketing Management

Having used Aweber for a few different reasons (online training program delivery, marketing funnel, client newsletter and updates) it has definitely been my go to software for email marketing. It is competitively priced and the functionality you get for the cost is great. I would suggest spending a period of time familiarizing yourself with (or watching Youtube demos) and testing the software though before adding in real clients.

Pros

Many different templates make it easy to create emails. Easy to use styling keeps emails looking professional and in keeping with brand. Competitively priced. Autoresponders - setting up an email series has been fantastic for setting up new clients to our programs without bombarding them with information all at once.

Cons

It takes a little while to work your way around the navigation. The ability to split test emails to see which get a better response would be useful.

Hi Jack, Thanks for sharing your feedback! I noticed your comment about being able to split test emails. We have this feature, and we'd be happy to help you get started with it. Give our customer solutions team a call and we can help you out. Brandon O.

Why AWeber?

When you go with AWeber, you get the complete email managerial package. Simply, opt-in forms are available to embed in your website, which AWeber used to collect subscriber details. You can send out fully customizable emails manually or on an automated schedule. AWeber further allows you to segment your subscriber list down by subscriber behavior and even target content, allowing you to choose who gets what, and when. Tailoring your content to fit your subscribers is basically a gauranteed way to increase your views and subscriber base and conversion rates.

Pros

AWeber provides a simple interface which is easy to manage, and they also provide a large array of tutorials to help make the learning process a bit easier. The templates they provide are also of grat value as well. Tracking subscriber behavior and data is a huge bonus to help improve your conversions. A free 30-day trial is always a huge bonus as well.

Cons

A little more expensive than the alternatives. Template quality leaves a little to be desired as well, and the inability to send video via email seems like an outdated issue that should have been solved a long time ago.

Build your email list with Aweber

Pros

I use this software from the beginning. In the meantime, I tried almost all autoresponders but this one has the best deliverability and single optin. They have 24/7 support and you can solve any issue immediately. You can import the campaigns, duplicate them with share code, setlist automation. Many autoresponders don't allow to promote affiliate links only website links. Aweber is not among them.

Cons

You can't put the tracking code on their website builder

Email Marketing taken to a whole new level

Aweber is a high end email marketing option. If you are serious about Email marketing, Aweber is a good place to start. I feel more professional and in control using Aweber for my blog subscriptions.

Pros

What I like most about Aweber the analytics that the application offers. Compared to other email marketing software in the market, Aweber offers the most specific options in terms of targeting people around the emails they get. For example, Aweber if you send out an email with a particular offer and someone opens it but doesn't click the offer, you are able to know this and decide on the next action to take to convince them to check out your offer. Another thing I like about Aweber is the fact the Customer support. They respond quickly and are very friendly and helpful - they know their staff.

Cons

Compared to Mailchimp, Aweber doesn't have very beautiful designs for your email. This is one thing I like least about the software. Another disadvantage is that the user has to have a good understanding of the application in order to reap the most from it. The good thing is there is a lot of documentation and Youtube videos online explaining how to make the most of the software

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

Easy to use, manage and amazing support that always help

Cons

Forms and landing pages, is not atractive as Leadpages

Aweber is Great for Beginners

I started with Aweber back in 2011 and it's been good. However, with multiple products, I think it could be more robust with the tagging and segmenting.

Pros

Easy to use and amazing customer support!

Cons

The tagging is difficult to use and doesn't function like I'd want it to. You also pay for a subscriber more than once if he or she is on multiple lists (example: 2 of your products).

Great Tool For Email Marketing, But Pricey For Startups

Overall, Aweber delivers on it's promises, customer service is top-notch as well. I currently signed up for their affiliate marketing, I would recommend it to my audience. 8/10, that's my personal rating.

Pros

I like the high level of deliver-ability from Awebers' server(s), emails deliver to inbox almost all the time, so long you check for spam trigger words. I have been using Aweber for over 6 months now, and I think it's a great value for money. It has all the essential features anyone would need to grow their business online.

Cons

I still think it's a bit pricey if you ask me, email marketing could be cheaper and better. I know how hard I had to work to get to where I am. Email marketing is very essential to the growth of an online business, but the cost sometimes scares away struggling startups.

Aweber has the BEST phone customer service around!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Aweber phone support has been super helpful and very knowledgeable in answering all my questions. BEST SERVICE EVER!

Pros

I use Aweber for email marketing and lead capture but I also started adding sales pages with a low ticket offer. Pretty simple to use but when I get stuck, I just call Aweber and talk to a real person who is helpful.

Cons

Would like to see more integration for sales, tracking which landing page sales come from

Aweber good product that is priced comprable with it's competitors

It was good while I used it but I was a small business when I used it and went with a more affordable option. However, it is a really good product and will satisfy your email marketing and communication needs.

Pros

It offers all the key features, like import mailing list and host, different templates, reporting, RSS, landing pages and although I never did this I believe it integrates with third party applications. Although its not the cheapest, I do like their pricing model and how it based of the size of your list or subscribers. It's not a freemium model where you have to pay for all these extra features.

Cons

Marketing automation is super basic and there are cheaper options which offer more automation in this area. Some of the templates look like they are from the early 2000's and super outdated. Also they claim support is 24/7 but usually you have to submit a ticket and wait hours to hear back.

not the best

Pros

Easy to build campaigns and schedule deliveries

Cons

doesn't have extensive stats, hard to move and delete contacts in bulk. Delivery was up and down

Hi Eric, Thanks for your feedback and review. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with delivery. We'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm also curious to hear what stats you're looking for that we don't currently offer. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. All the best, Brandon O.