AWeber Logo
AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

visit website

AWeber Reviews - Page 3

not the best

Pros

Easy to build campaigns and schedule deliveries

Cons

doesn't have extensive stats, hard to move and delete contacts in bulk. Delivery was up and down

Hi Eric, Thanks for your feedback and review. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with delivery. We'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm also curious to hear what stats you're looking for that we don't currently offer. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. All the best, Brandon O.

Build Countless Email Marketing Funnels and Lists

Set up a number of marketing funnels to capture and follow up with leads

Pros

Aweber helps you build countless email marketing funnels for your business. It: * allows you to have a range of email marketing campaigns * makes the opt-in box for your website visitors to enter (you can even customize the information you want from them (name, email address etc) to become a subscriber * allows you create a series of emails to go to each of your campaigns' subscribers * allows you to decide when your emails should be delivered

Cons

Set-up can be a bit cumbersome. You also need to have a clear business process map so you can decide how to manage your subscribers. Aweber assumes you have already done this. I recommend investing some time upfront to figure this out before you start

Fastastic product

it's been really good to use actually and integrates with my website page builder which is awesome

Pros

Aweber really works well, integrate with almost anything and has awesome support

Cons

automation features are lacking. Something more complex can be cumbersome to setup

From Hero to Zero

It's a shame Aweber fell from our grace so monumentally. I'd been a loyal customer for several years, but when things went wrong they did so so disastrously and caused real damage to our business. When you're emailing thousands of people, technical glitches are not OK, especially if they can't be explained. Ironically, it's only been moving to another provider that has really served to highlight how dated Aweber is.

Pros

AWeber was my first email marketing system and I was happy with it for several years. It's fairly easy to use despite having a rather clunky and old-fashioned interface. Email deliverability is reasonably good and the support team responds quickly. It's also staffed with people and not bots.

Cons

Sadly, Aweber completely destroyed an email campaign and lost me money. I had set up a sequence of emails and twice been on to support so they could confirm it was done correctly. When the time came, the emails went out in the wrong order, annoying customers I'd spent years building up and making our company look very unprofessional. Despite personal phone calls and apologies, Aweber seemed to lose interest and have yet to explain what happened.

I have used Aweber services with my clients for over 10 years

It allows me to automate my emails, schedule broadcasts in advance, the deliverability of my emails has been great.

Pros

I like the way once you learn how to use it the interface is simple to use, the customer services in Aweber are second to none.

Cons

The only thing I could complain about in Aweber is that they don't allow you to turn off double opt-in verification for API capture pages. You have to contact Aweber support or do a live chat to turn it off.

Aweber review from a long time user

There is usually a free trial available to try Aweber. Aweber also plays nicely with WordPress and hundreds of other integrations.

Pros

I've been using Aweber for close to 10 years on and off. I've tried other similar programs such as Mail Chimp and Infusionsoft, but have always come back to Aweber as my autoresponder of choice. I know some of this may have to do with the fact that I learned their system first, but I also think they have a very simple interface and the layout seems logical to me.

Cons

The only con I can see is that cost increases the larger your list becomes. This may be OK in situations where the ROI increases as your list size increases, but could be a negative for non-profits who have calls to action that are not monetized.

Was an Aweber customer for years. Decided to switch due to ongoing frustration.

Pros

What I like most about Aweber are the integrations it offers. Aweber integrated with my PayPal payment links and automatically created buyers lists as people purchased my products, for example.

Cons

What I like least about Aweber is how they charge for unsubscribes. On numerous occasions the unsubscribes on my list, which I was not mailing to, pushed to list total in the next pricing bracket. When I noticed and called about this it the fee was reversed however due to the occasions when I was unaware unsubscribes were costing me money, or did not promptly delete unsubscribes from my list, I was charged hundreds of dollars that I would have saved if unsubscribes were not counted as part of my list total.

Great email deliverability!

We acquired a business who was already using Aweber, so we decided to continue with it. It has really helped our email deliverability and their customer support is always providing tips and tricks to further improve.

Pros

I've used several different CRMs and Aweber is one of the best. Its easy to navigate, has excellent customer service / support, and has great email deliverability.

Cons

The little options to format an email using drag and drop feature.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We've recently made several improvements to our drag-and-drop email editor, and we'd love to learn more about what you're looking for in the editor. If you're willing to share more, please contact our Customer Solutions team. - Brandon O.

Good if you're starting out

Pros

Aweber is easy to use, cost effective and great if you're just starting out. Great autoresponder.

Cons

Lacks features such as advanced marketing automation. They introduced some marketing automation but it is still not sufficient or satisfying when compared to the features offered by competitors.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We'd love to learn more about the features you feel are missing. Would you be open to discussing in more detail with us? If so, please contact us at help@aweber.com. Thanks, Brandon O.

My Best Favorite Email Marketing And Automation Software.

If you're starting out a business that requires email marketing trust me Aweber is a go to, it helps us o keep on track on our active subscribers and the open rates of our email campaigns.

Pros

Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page. Aweber gives you the ability to track the performance of your emails campaign by showing you Open Rates And also Click Rates. Being abe to send an automated emails into our subscribers even welcoming messages. The great thing about Aweber you able to import your existing list but only the people gave their permission to be into your list. Aweber it very affordable you can start with a basic plan. It is easy to use and most powerful feature is the Drag and Drop editor. The customer support is very outstanding and helpful

Cons

It doesn't have a Freemium plan but you get a Free 30 Days trail to test things. My business uses Aweber for email marketing so far I haven't any issues with software

Awesome Email Marketing Software for Newbies

Pros

Aweber is the first EMS I ever used. They offer an excellent service at reasonable rates with lots of great features. They also offer discounts if you pay quarterly or annually which is helpful if you hate monthly charges. It's pretty easy to import your list to Aweber, they offer phone, email and chat support, they have a wide variety of responsive email templates, list segmentation, some decent integrations and basic marketing automation.

Cons

Split testing doesn't seem to be available currently which is isn't ideal. If you need this feature I suggest GetResponse. I also think MailChimp and GetResponse provide superior reporting options.

I am a loyal fan and user of Aweber

The customer support, being available, gives me the confidence I need.. Knowing I can get help when I need it makes this a winner email platform.

Pros

The biggest advantage that Aweber has over other email platforms is that I have always been able to reach a human on the phone whenever I get stuck, or when I have a question about the software. That saves me so much time!

Cons

Would like to be able to embed a video in my emails. Instead of linking over to YouTube.

A very good software for my email marketing

I am satisfied with the prices and the features that Aweber offers. I also like the fact that they are evolving paying attention to what the market is asking for.

Pros

I like that the price is a medium one and that I get all the features available, no matter what is the payment plan I chose. I pay more only if my list is bigger, but if my list is bigger it means that I have more clients and I am earning more. I find this thing great!

Cons

For me, it is not a con, as it is enough for what I am doing now, but for some, it might be the fact that it offers basic features regarding automation. If you need a more complex automation feature, then AWeber is not for you.

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Very good

Pros

This software helps us be sure we don’t keep sending invitation and sale email content to prospects who are now customers. Awebber gave us automation where we were needing to keep a physical eye on email lists. And cross reference information.

Cons

It’s not as easy to create content in as a long time competitor- and there is a customer service element that the same company excels in. However. The other things Awebber offers us are worth it.

AWeber Free is the best place to start using email marketing

It took me a while before I started the training modules, but once I did, using AWeber to achieve my goals became Very Easy Indeed.

Pros

Their training is exceptional. The modules are short, pertinent and to-the-point. Examples are shown for each feature, so you can SEE what you have just done. Their "homework" is also beneficial as it complements your busiess.

Cons

I love it all, nothing I dislike at all. If the user follows the training and does not try to go it alone, it is the easiest way to get fully involved (and very good at) email marketing.

Using Aweber with 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle.

Pros

Good for tracking leads and email marketing. Scripts set up for me through 8fdl. Great content. My VA sets up the leads and then the process starts and all I have to do is follow up once in a while.

Cons

Haven't used it long enough to see any problems. Seems to be a good platform but not infallible. The email address was missing one letter and website link was not active. They fixed it.

Excellent Midlevel Email Management

A great company to work with. They've been known to extend support and information to people after the account has been closed. The deliverability records are great The ability to measure and fix the potential spam level on emails is invaluable.

Pros

Super knowledgebase and active support. Priced competitively for mid-level email lists and up to larger numbers Active spam meters on email content Many options for attractive forms Form designs can be manipulated to fit business theme Forms can be designed independently Lists are separate

Cons

Some of the email themes are a little heavy for fast delivery

Thanks so much for your feedback, JudyAnn! - Brandon O.

Exceptional customer service. None I’ve seen anywhere else.

It takes getting used to to figure things out but it helps that there’s always someone to a answer questions 24/7

Pros

It was very easy to create Landing pages and you can create unlimited pages.

Cons

I didn’t like that there are several steps to take to integrate blogs from Wordpress and to add an image to an already published message.

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Aweber is a Dependable Bulk Mailer with Great Support!

I have used Aweber to get email subscribers for my mailing list and set up autoresponders. Aweber makes managing your mailing list fairly easy to do.

Pros

Aweber is fairly easy to use tool for managing your email subscribers, setting up autoresponders, and sending out bulk emails. Their support staff is also very easy to contact. They also have a very good affiliate program. There is also a good 30-day trial period.

Cons

Well, I noticed that when sending out bulk emails to Microsoft based email address that the read rate is much lower so this indicates that more messages are being filtered out as spam. I also wish that Aweber had more options in terms of sales funnels and setting up a webinar type of page.

Formatting Adjustment

Overall great experience [Sensitive Content ]. was very professional and helpful in solving the issue that I had with my email message. Thanks a lot!

Pros

What I like most about the software is the integration capability.

Cons

What I like least about the software is Adjusting text and images on templates

Can become expensive if you don’t manage your list

Ok

Pros

Fairly easy to build campaigns and monitor subscribers

Cons

It works on a tiered basis - pricing - and can rapidly become costly as your list grows. Annoying, they include in subscribers in this calculation unless you delete. So keep your list clean

Great Email Marketing Platform

Same as mentioned above.

Pros

A very User-friendly platform I found it to be. Their chat support is the best I have ever come across. even during my early days with them in the most basic plan, they treated me like a VIP. Felt really good about it. so stuck with them

Cons

Nothing as such so far. All there feature have been pretty cool. Now they have even included landing pages

Simple and affordable email marketing tool

My experience has always been positive

Pros

The simplicity of the platform and ease of use and scalable pricing based on your list size

Cons

Lacks features and functionality that dedicated Marketing CRMs provide to automate more of your marketing

Key Tool for the Business Toolbox

We need a customizable system for staying in touch with and responding to our eclectic customer base. Aweber was the perfect tool to help us do just that.

Pros

It gives us the flexibility we need to create a robust customer contact system, and allows us to grow organically in the process.

Cons

Some of the features require a fair amount of technical skill; we've had a steeper learning curve than we expected, but in the end it was worth it.