Benchmark Email Reviews

4.26/5 (141 reviews)
Pros
  • Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem
  • The drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.
  • Very easy to use, especially to take a previous email and update with current content.
  • It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.
Cons
  • Nothing. The software is great to use dsily
  • I would like more image storage for the level I use.
  • Sometimes graphics/image restrictions can alter your images.
  • The survey functionality is very limited within the software.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kristina Huber

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-07-17

FREE Subscription!

Pros
That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

Cons
The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Kristina,

We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative.

All the best!
- Daniel Miller

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Looks professional and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Good. I like the software.

Pros
Looks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.

Cons
The upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and high rating.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account.

- Benchmark Team

Simple, Effective Tool

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Benchmark was an excellent starter tool for our company's email marketing campaigns. We eventually needed to move on to a tool with more functionality, integrations and features, but I would highly recommend Benchmark to those starting out with email marketing!

Pros
Benchmark was a very easy-to-use tool for our team's email campaigns. You need very little design experience to create beautiful campaigns. All of the features are very intuitive.

Cons
Benchmark doesn't offer the same features as some of the other big players; the automation is limited and tracking/analytics don't stack up. For the price and basic features though, it's a win.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Nicolette Morley

To use or not to use - that is the question

Reviewed 2019-05-31

I find it user friendly and has a quality feel and look to it.

Pros
I like that once the template is built it is very easy to customize or change components of it from one publication to another as far as text or images, links etc.

Cons
I wish when you had an image with text that the text would automatically wrap around the picture instead of having to build in another text box. Otherwise the text is off to the side and there is a large empty column on the right or left. If it had the capacity to text wrap it would be so much easier.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Nicolette,

Thanks for your feedback.

We noted down the text wrap feature request.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Does basic functions well

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros
Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons
Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Derrick Commodore

Great but needs improvement

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros
Easy to Use Clean layout Ease of customizing templates Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons
Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand Too many glitches when working in templates Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed No Spell check function anymore The image editor is not that great uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Lynette Duley

Great software

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros
Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons
Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Response from Benchmark

Hello Lynette,

Thanks for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Shawn Locke

Benchmark E-mail for Marketing E-Blasts

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Generally positive. It's our main e-mail blast marketing tool.

Pros
List management is very user friendly. That's the biggest plus for me. Easy to integrate sign-up forms.

Cons
Sometimes the builder (drag and drop, not HTML) is a little buggy. It seems to be getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Thank you for your review! In regards to your concern sometimes something as simple as copy and pasting can affect the builder. Here's a link to our knowledgebase on the topic: https://cutt.ly/OYkx3c. If you have any other questions or concerns you can always reach our to our support team here: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz

- Benchmark Team

Julie Davis

Good service but inconsistent

Reviewed 2019-05-31

It’s good product for the price.

Pros
I like how easy it is to manipulate and how quickly it sends immediate messages. Scheduled messages are always on time. Very easy to use and generally quick to create messages that are effective.

Cons
Sometimes the “from” address changes even when sent from the same account. Also, sometimes the messages don’t appear like the samples to the same email platform.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Julie,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please don't doubt in calling us whenever you have a concern.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Laura LaLuzerne

Simplified E-mail Communications

Reviewed 2019-05-23

We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros
Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons
Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Laura,

Fatima Paz Garrido

My Experience with Benchmark Email.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-04-04

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value. Great tool for managing mass emailing, client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Pros
Great tool for email marketing campaigns. Its templates are responsive and mobile friendly. Drag and drop option. Offers free surveys. Easy to incorporate social sharing. The Editor for the email campaign is easy to use. Its simple to use and has a free plan.

Cons
I consider Benchmar email to be one of the best Email Marketing tools. If there is something that could improve, for me would be: The automation its not clear enough. There isn't very much analytics on the free version.

Response from Benchmark

Thank you for these kind words and support! We are working hard to improve our Automation tools to have more clarity and functionality. Thanks for your feedback and for choosing Benchmark :)

Laura Denver

Great Software!

Reviewed 2019-09-06

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

Pros
This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

Cons
There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.

Gavin Wieske

Love our experience with Benchmark so far!

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Pros
We love how easy it is to build emails in benchmark. The drag and drop editor is perfect for our newsletters.

Cons
Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.Would love to see more customization options in the drag and drop editor. It can be difficult to match emails to your branding with the font and font weight options.

Response from Benchmark

Gavin,

Thanks for the review and sharing your experience with others :) .

In regards to matching fonts with your brand, I know it can be a pain sometimes, specially since we only show web-friendly fonts and styles. You are able to make custom font changes if you play with the HTML code though. Here is a quick blog that can help you with that: https://www.psd2html.com/blog/non-web-fonts.html

mike ball

Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.

Reviewed 2018-07-09

It has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.

Pros
Free to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.

Cons
A little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.

Stephanie Annunziato

School newsletters

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Pros
It is a very simple and also my program. I absolutely loved how easy it was to figure out the program. This program made writing school news letters fun. With the changing of colors for the background to the changing on font, this software was great. Parents loved receiving updates on their children and seeing pictures of their children enjoying their week at school.

Cons
When I would upload a photo it would rotate it upside down. It was a minor issue and it was simple to rotate it right side up.

Response from Benchmark

"This program made writing school newsletters fun."

We loved that Stephanie! Thank you for sharing that with us and your high rating.

Regarding the uploading of your photo, let us know if it were to ever happen again. We're here to assist you.

- Benchmark Team

User experience

Reviewed 2019-05-31

We are using benchmark for sending new product information and training announcements to all our clients and this is also helping us capture clients who are looking for more details on the program.

Pros
Precise report is generated for each email campaign which is easy to review and reflect on campaign performance

Cons
Cleaning up hard bounce emails accounts is taking long time as Benchmark doesn't have one client remove hard bounce accounts from all contact list An option to download the report would be much appreciated as it will help us reduce manual report generation, which needs to be submitted to management every week.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about a solution for cleaning hard bounces and to export your needed report.

Peter Tilton

Suits my needs

Reviewed 2019-05-23

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

Cons
Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance.

Jenna Yoshikawa

Not user friendly + Crashed multiple times in the few weeks

Reviewed 2019-05-23

We have decided to move to MailChimp. We are in the process of shifting over now. Thank you for the last few years of your support and service but we have experienced much unnecessary frustration with your features and stability.

Pros
Comfort as we have used your software for years. Time to time, I get a supervisor who can actually understand my query and answer my question properly.

Cons
Customer Service reps follow a script and do not read my initial query leading me to repeat myself and get really frustrated. Not all but most. Limitations on features such as editing html coded emails and not being able to upload html files. Limited to copy pasting html coded text. The Last Straw: Glitches and Crashing. For the past few months, I have gotten an error message when editing an image. There seems to be alot of crashes in the last few weeks. One day the whole site was down for HOURS. We were in the process of finalize an email to distribute to our members. As a result, we had to send the timely email late.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Jenna,

We are sorry to see you go. Thanks for the time you were with us.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Bryan Kauffmann

Great features, better price!

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Overall, we have experienced no issues with Benchmark. Our sales team is utilizing specific templates to enhance their communications to prospective customers and our slaes flyers are getting a broader reach.

Pros
This software is easy to use and navigate through. Easy to train non-HTML users how to create simple emails.

Cons
The survey functionality is very limited within the software.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for the feedback and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

Maria Wong

Easy to use, but could use some updates

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Pros
Easy to drag and drop images and files to upload. Features are pretty intuitive. Easy to look at and move things around in a template.

Cons
Limited to three columns on some templates. When I round a box in the editing mode, it doesn't show the same way in the recipients' email.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your review.

Don't doubt in chatting with us if you find any type of formatting issues. We're here to help.

Anonymous

Cost effective and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Pros
It's very simple to create your own images and templates. Other software applications that we used in the past didn't give us the formatting flexibility that we wanted. This is very user friendly.

Cons
Sometimes we have a hard time with text being formatted oddly - especially if you copy and paste verbiage from another program.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Kristin Alexander

Benchmark review

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Our company has had an over good experience with Benchmark!

Pros
The drag and drop editing ability makes it easy to build templates.

Cons
The contact list upload can be hit or miss. Sometimes lists are uploaded, reviewed but then show no contacts without a stated reason.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Kristin,

Thank you for the review.

Chat with us whenever you have a concern about a feature. We'll gladly assist you.

Anonymous

I recommended Benchmark to a friend today!

Reviewed 2018-08-21

This is a great option for low-budget/no-budget marketing teams!

Pros
I think it is SO much more user-friendly than other email services. In general, it's drag and drop and extremely flexible. You can do quite a bit with a no-cost version, including more emails per month than I could ever use.

Cons
I would like more image storage for the level I use.

Mandy Rindhage

Easy to Use

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
It was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.

Cons
I didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mandy,

Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark!
Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account.
Thanks!
- Daniel Miler

Kara C

Benchmark Email for small business

Pros

Cons
Sometimes graphics/image restrictions can alter your images.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Kara,

Thank you for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know when these restrictions are affecting you.

- Benchmark Team