All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Benchmark Email Reviews

Benchmark works for me

Overall a wonderful email platform to use.

Pros

Love Benchmark! Very easy to create new emails and very useful templates.

Cons

Need to be able to move items around better, sometimes white spaces appear.

Hello Larry, Thank you for the high rating. If you ever see white spaces again, let us know, we have a couple of tips to get rid of those empty blocks. - Benchmark Team

I recommended Benchmark to a friend today!

This is a great option for low-budget/no-budget marketing teams!

Pros

I think it is SO much more user-friendly than other email services. In general, it's drag and drop and extremely flexible. You can do quite a bit with a no-cost version, including more emails per month than I could ever use.

Cons

I would like more image storage for the level I use.

Easy to Use

Pros

It was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.

Cons

I didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

Hello Mandy, Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark! Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account. Thanks! - Daniel Miler

Great Email list server

great

Pros

Easy for me to set up emails to my membership, the schedule feature is great

Cons

There are some people who get blocked, I wish there was a better way to fix the bounce problems

Hello John, Thanks for your feedback. Chat with us about the bounce problems, we'd like to offer you a solution if possible. - Benchmark Team

Great product

The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Pros

Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Cons

Nothing at all that I can think of.

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark email has afforded us the abolity to communicate with ease to our contacts.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use because of templates and graphical interface. The A.B. testing is very helpful as well.

Cons

Hello James, Communication is key for any relationship. Thank you for trusting us with such an important aspect of your organization. If you haven't tried our new automation tool yet, I highly recommend you do! Automation Pro is a game changer for email marketing. All the best! - Daniel Miller

Benchmark

Communication with potential clients

Pros

price - ability to update email addresses without them being cleaned.

Cons

difficulty - basic functions are not here. Webforms often incorrectly format

Hello Ariana, Thanks for your review. Please chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark is great for Small Companies getting started

It's been good. whenever there is an issue the support team has been great!

Pros

Pricing is nice, and i like that the Email automation is in a flow chart. it makes it easy to understand

Cons

i've tried to go back to a free program for a few months while i wasn't using Benchmark... but i'm stuck on the plan i chose unless i cancel. i have multiple users on the system... but users can't access email s form other users :/

Hello Ean, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team

Terrible support and errors on site.

I was very excited to try Benchmark due to its high reviews in various places. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support received from my national account manager, Tom Mitchell. First he emails to ask if he can help with any questions, then he doesn't respond even with a simple help article about why an email might be "under review," and after I provided screenshots and detailed analysis of HIS product's problems, he wanted to deflect me to chat support. I'm a chief strategy officer. I'm not going to use live chat support, sorry. It seems like this platform is meant for small fries and not for real businesses. I'll be going over to Mailchimp or Constant Contact... they'll at least make an effort to win my business.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

The support received from the company over a simple error with an email "opens" report.

Hello Mitch, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry and disappointed that we weren't able to provide the level of service you expected. As you mention, we are always highly rated and we pride ourselves in having an excellent customer service and support team. I will be sure to take this feedback to our team so we can learn from our mistakes and impress our users with our product and service. Again, apologizes from the team and we hope the next time you try us, we can exceed your expectations!

Loving It!

Very happy!

Pros

As a new user to emailing lists, automations, etc., benchmark has been incredibly user friendly, simple and I actually switched over from mail chimp and much prefer it!

Cons

The pricing is a little high in my opinion with Canadian exchange factored in but otherwise no complains yet!

Benchmark Email Review

I have been using benchmark pretty frequently, and (for the most part) am very satisfied with the quality of its performance.

Pros

It makes sending bulk emails out very easy (which I guess is the point). It additionally gives me details of what is happening to my email after I send it, which I enjoy looking at.

Cons

I'd say sometimes when editing an email, the font etc. gets strangely muddled up. Also, it doesn`t give me too many options to edit the background of the emails (static colors). I wish also that we could add a contact list on top of the one previously added because usually my lists grow as more people join the mailing list as the days progress. It would be nice to have the computer recognize which email details they already have, and just add the extra ones that are added later.

Hello Zen, Thank you for the feedback. We'd love to offer you an appropriate response to your concerns, please chat with us whenever you have a moment. - Benchmark Team

Everything you need, all in one place!

We were really struggling to get customers to leave reviews about their experience and by sending out email blasts to them with clickable articles and links, we increased our reviews.

Pros

I love that benchmark has several different templates to choose from so that you don't have to start from scratch as a new user. Benchmark also makes it so easy to schedule mass emails and they really do hit your inbox when it says it will.

Cons

I do wish there were a few more creative options on the editor to really make those emails pop.

Hello Gabriella, Thank you for the review and high rating. We have noted down your recommendation. - Benchmark Team

It has been a very easy and useful way to manage email for my site

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You don't have to have a whole lot of technical knowledge. As someone starting out and new I found it very useful

Cons

Some of the templates seem a little limited. Also it is like to see more ways for it to be a little more interactive

Hello Faith, Thanks for the review and high rating :) We are happy to know our product fits your email marketing needs. In regards to some of the templates being limited and being more interactive, we would love to know more to see if there is anything we can add or improve to make our service better. If you have time, please reach out to us referencing this review page so we can discuss this further. Thank you in advance! - Daniel Miller

Benchmark Email makes my job easier

I've been using Benchmark Email for several years and although the technology has changed and they've updated features on their website to accompany the changes in the market, it's still easy to create and send out monthly e-flyers to our customers.

Pros

It is easy to setup an email campaign using Benchmark and I like that I can store my emails and artwork on the website.

Cons

Sometimes the emails don't go out by the scheduled time.

Hi, Thank you for your review and for staying with us for this long. We hope to have you with us for many years more. Chat with us to give you some tips on how to make sure your email is good to go at the scheduled time. - Benchmark Team

Useful but a bit pricy

Pros

It is easy to manage newsletter subscribers.

Cons

A bit pricy and need more freedom to edit.

Thank you for your feedback! We are always improving the usability in addition to adding new features to our platform in order to help our customers. In regards to pricing did you know there are discounts for choosing our semi-annual and annual pricing options? Contact our support via e-mail or chat here if you are interested in learning more: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz - Benchmark Team

Benchmark- EXCELLENT in every way!

No one asked us to write this review--we just want to make sure you know that Benchmark has been absolutely excellent! Two Way Play has engaged with Benchmark to send out a large number of emails announcing the release of our app, Knock-Knock! Who's There? and the upcoming app books in the series. Their software is extremely user-friendly, even for those who are not tech-savvy. The visuals, instructions, and tutorials are clear, plentiful, and easy to follow. And their Customer Service is superb! They are super-knowledgeable and responsive. All EXCELLENT!

Pros

Superb Customer Service--responsive and highly knowledgeable Simple, User-friendly software, even for the non-tech-savvy Plenty of instructions, visuals, tutorials to walk you through it Links to social media networks Great tracking of emails and outcomes

Cons

None! (We tried using Mail Chimp but it was so complex and confusing that the investment of time and learning curve wasn't worth it! But with Benchmark, you can step right in and begin!) We highly recommend Benchmark!

A great Alternative to MailChimp

I'm almost always on the lookout for free marketing software's to test out and after using SendinBlue and MailChimp, I wanted something with email marketing automation similar to MailChimp but with a smooth UI and design the abilities of MailChimp. I found Benchmark while searching for free email automation software's on Google. I wanted an email marketing software to create an email course....

Pros

Simple email editor, The free plan comes with features for beginners to email marketing or for bloggers and small businesses.

Cons

The email automation in the freeplan only allows one-off emails like welcome emails. What i wanted was to create drip campigns such as email courses but unfortunately the free plan doesnt allow that. I wish they had stated what the freeplan can and cannot do before i signed up, because i was looking forward to A/B testing, indepth reports and creating drip campigns but the free plan doesn't allow that.

Hello Abigail, Thank you for the detailed review! In regards to the image on your signup form, we made some improvements to our signup form tools and you should be able to add in an image to the form. Please contact our support team if you have questions on how to do this. We thank you for using our service and sharing the good word with the world! Please keep an eye out for some new automation tools. :)

Great platform, easy to use

easy streamlined marketing that is directed to our clientel

Pros

Click and drag feature makes it easy, step by step instructions. Also the reporting is just what I need to see.

Cons

I think the price is a bit high for monthly e-newsletters, would like an option for quarterly too that would be less.

Hello Tina, Glad to know you enjoy our drag and drop features along with our reporting. :) For your reference, we do offer loyalty pricing for 6 month and annual plans. (10% / 15% discounts). Please contact our team if you have questions on upgrading. Sincerely, - Daniel Miller

Best one out there so far

Sending out newsletters on a scheduled basis with great templates to work from.

Pros

I love that I can choose from a variety of templates to send out professional-looking emails. My primary use is to send out newsletters, so Benchmark has provided all the features (and much more) necessary to do so.

Cons

Sometimes, certain features (such as sending test emails, uploading pictures that actually display, random graphics that appear and I can't remove, etc) aren't as smooth as I'd like. While their friendly customer support is available by live chat, I was still unable to resolve these issues.

Thank you for the high rating! We appreciate the effort to go out of your way to share your experience with us to others. I would love to speak with you in regards to the issue you posted. Please log on to our chat when you have a moment to speak with me so we can further investigate the issue. (Ask for Robert). I look forward to speaking with you!

Among The Best Email Providers

I've had experience with other email service providers and have generally found them lacking in one way or another, but Benchmark Email has been able to satisfy all my email marketing needs. They are extremely proficient in every aspect of their offerings, and just some of the highlights include their crystal clear analytics interface, their extremely effective and well-designed templates, and their ability to achieve elevated deliverability levels.

Pros

Their A/B Split Testing system is definitely one of the easiest to use that I've ever seen, making what is generally a time consuming and confusing task extremely simple and straightforward. I also appreciate the breadth of their survey options.

Cons

Their interface is very effective on smartphones, tablets, and laptop screens but gets a bit too big on a 32" PC monitor.

Great Customer Support

Benchmark allows us to communicate with our customers with attractive newsletters and announcements in an efficient, trackable way.

Pros

I like being able to design attractive campaigns the reporting function is useful.

Cons

Some of the steps regarding list verification are inconvenient, but support has always been responsive and helpful. Occasionally it is challenging to line-up side-by-side images, such as multiple logos in an attractive layout.

Hello Jennifer, Thanks for your review and high rating. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark is a great solution to sending bulk emails. The provided designs are easy to use. The segmentation of contacts is perfect for the type of emails I send. Whenever an issue I can't figure out, the customer support is fast acting and always solves my issue efficiently.

Pros

Benchmark email software is very easy to use, it's affordable.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I like least.

Hello Elesa, Thanks for your review and high rating! - Benchmark Team

Ideal E-mail Program

I'm able to reach out to thousands of customers around the world each month with my e-news letter. I'm able to target certain groups easily and capitalize on the success of my campaigns.

Pros

Ease of use, value for your money, reporting functions

Cons

Photo uploader fails on a regular basis and have to call for assistance, customer service is not really friendly or always helpful

Hello Sylvia, Thanks for your feedback. It helps us do better. We're constantly improving our features. Our image editor is one we're currently working on. - Benchmark Team

Pricy for infrequent use

Pros

I like the interface, it works pretty well.

Cons

The price. It is expensive if you don't send frequent emails.

Hello Dan, Thanks for the review. - Benchmark Team

Benchmark Email used by NPO's for Monthly Newsletters and Announcements

We use it to send a monthly newsletter to all our Audi Club Lone Star members, and to make special announcements, enabling us to reach members that aren't on social media.

Pros

Very good at helping to maintain a good email reputation

Cons

The editor is confusing to use and often produces inexplicable results.

Hello Stephen, Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to show you the different features our email editor has and answer any questions you may have. - Benchmark Team

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.