Benchmark Email Reviews

4.26/5 (141 reviews)

Pros
  • Easy to use.
  • It is easy to manage newsletter subscribers.
  • I like the interface, it works pretty well.
  • Ease of use, value for your money, reporting functions
Cons
  • Nothing at all that I can think of.
  • A bit pricy and need more freedom to edit.
  • Sometimes the emails don't go out by the scheduled time.
  • There is not anything I can think of that I like least.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
David Espantaleón Abengoza

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Reviewed 2019-05-24

Pros
Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons
More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Response from Benchmark

Hello David,

Thanks for your high rating.

We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them.

- Benchmark Team

James Short

Benchmark email has afforded us the abolity to communicate with ease to our contacts.

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
It is extremely easy to use because of templates and graphical interface. The A.B. testing is very helpful as well.

Response from Benchmark

Hello James,

Communication is key for any relationship. Thank you for trusting us with such an important aspect of your organization.

If you haven't tried our new automation tool yet, I highly recommend you do! Automation Pro is a game changer for email marketing.

All the best!

John Rowland

Great Email list server

great

Pros
Easy for me to set up emails to my membership, the schedule feature is great

Cons
There are some people who get blocked, I wish there was a better way to fix the bounce problems

Response from Benchmark

Hello John,

Thanks for your feedback.

Chat with us about the bounce problems, we'd like to offer you a solution if possible.

- Benchmark Team

Marvin Brown

Great product

Reviewed 2019-06-11

The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Pros
Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Cons
Nothing at all that I can think of.

Response from Benchmark

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business.

- Benchmark Team

Ariana Brackenbury

Benchmark

Communication with potential clients

Pros
price - ability to update email addresses without them being cleaned.

Cons
difficulty - basic functions are not here. Webforms often incorrectly format

Response from Benchmark

Hello Ariana,

Thanks for your review.

Please chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Faith Logan

It has been a very easy and useful way to manage email for my site

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-06-20

Pros
This software is very easy to use. You don't have to have a whole lot of technical knowledge. As someone starting out and new I found it very useful

Cons
Some of the templates seem a little limited. Also it is like to see more ways for it to be a little more interactive

Response from Benchmark

Hello Faith,

Thanks for the review and high rating :) We are happy to know our product fits your email marketing needs.

In regards to some of the templates being limited and being more interactive, we would love to know more to see if there is anything we can add or improve to make our service better.

If you have time, please reach out to us referencing this review page so we can discuss this further.

Thank you in advance!

Ean Shelley

Benchmark is great for Small Companies getting started

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-05-30

It's been good. whenever there is an issue the support team has been great!

Pros
Pricing is nice, and i like that the Email automation is in a flow chart. it makes it easy to understand

Cons
i've tried to go back to a free program for a few months while i wasn't using Benchmark... but i'm stuck on the plan i chose unless i cancel. i have multiple users on the system... but users can't access email s form other users :/

Response from Benchmark

Hello Ean,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Mitch Peterson

Terrible support and errors on site.

Reviewed 2016-08-18

I was very excited to try Benchmark due to its high reviews in various places. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support received from my national account manager, Tom Mitchell. First he emails to ask if he can help with any questions, then he doesn't respond even with a simple help article about why an email might be "under review," and after I provided screenshots and detailed analysis of HIS product's problems, he wanted to deflect me to chat support. I'm a chief strategy officer. I'm not going to use live chat support, sorry. It seems like this platform is meant for small fries and not for real businesses. I'll be going over to Mailchimp or Constant Contact... they'll at least make an effort to win my business.

Pros
Easy to use.

Cons
The support received from the company over a simple error with an email "opens" report.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry and disappointed that we weren't able to provide the level of service you expected. As you mention, we are always highly rated and we pride ourselves in having an excellent customer service and support team. I will be sure to take this feedback to our team so we can learn from our mistakes and impress our users with our product and service. Again, apologizes from the team and we hope the next time you try us, we can exceed your expectations!

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Zen Sugino

Benchmark Email Review

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-05-31

I have been using benchmark pretty frequently, and (for the most part) am very satisfied with the quality of its performance.

Pros
It makes sending bulk emails out very easy (which I guess is the point). It additionally gives me details of what is happening to my email after I send it, which I enjoy looking at.

Cons
I'd say sometimes when editing an email, the font etc. gets strangely muddled up. Also, it doesn`t give me too many options to edit the background of the emails (static colors). I wish also that we could add a contact list on top of the one previously added because usually my lists grow as more people join the mailing list as the days progress. It would be nice to have the computer recognize which email details they already have, and just add the extra ones that are added later.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Zen,

Thank you for the feedback.

We'd love to offer you an appropriate response to your concerns, please chat with us whenever you have a moment.

- Benchmark Team

Gabriella Dudley

Everything you need, all in one place!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-05-31

We were really struggling to get customers to leave reviews about their experience and by sending out email blasts to them with clickable articles and links, we increased our reviews.

Pros
I love that benchmark has several different templates to choose from so that you don't have to start from scratch as a new user. Benchmark also makes it so easy to schedule mass emails and they really do hit your inbox when it says it will.

Cons
I do wish there were a few more creative options on the editor to really make those emails pop.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Gabriella,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We have noted down your recommendation.

- Benchmark Team

Anonymous

Benchmark Email makes my job easier

Reviewed 2019-05-23

I've been using Benchmark Email for several years and although the technology has changed and they've updated features on their website to accompany the changes in the market, it's still easy to create and send out monthly e-flyers to our customers.

Pros
It is easy to setup an email campaign using Benchmark and I like that I can store my emails and artwork on the website.

Cons
Sometimes the emails don't go out by the scheduled time.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us for this long. We hope to have you with us for many years more.

Chat with us to give you some tips on how to make sure your email is good to go at the scheduled time.

- Benchmark Team

Hiroko Takano

Useful but a bit pricy

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-06-16

Pros
It is easy to manage newsletter subscribers.

Cons
A bit pricy and need more freedom to edit.

Response from Benchmark

Thank you for your feedback! We are always improving the usability in addition to adding new features to our platform in order to help our customers. In regards to pricing did you know there are discounts for choosing our semi-annual and annual pricing options? Contact our support via e-mail or chat here if you are interested in learning more: https://cutt.ly/JYkEvz

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Two Way Play - twowayplay

Benchmark- EXCELLENT in every way!

Reviewed 2016-03-09

No one asked us to write this review--we just want to make sure you know that Benchmark has been absolutely excellent! Two Way Play has engaged with Benchmark to send out a large number of emails announcing the release of our app, Knock-Knock! Who's There? and the upcoming app books in the series. Their software is extremely user-friendly, even for those who are not tech-savvy. The visuals, instructions, and tutorials are clear, plentiful, and easy to follow. And their Customer Service is superb! They are super-knowledgeable and responsive. All EXCELLENT!

Pros
Superb Customer Service--responsive and highly knowledgeable Simple, User-friendly software, even for the non-tech-savvy Plenty of instructions, visuals, tutorials to walk you through it Links to social media networks Great tracking of emails and outcomes

Cons
None! (We tried using Mail Chimp but it was so complex and confusing that the investment of time and learning curve wasn't worth it! But with Benchmark, you can step right in and begin!) We highly recommend Benchmark!

Tina Sorensen

Great platform, easy to use

Reviewed 2017-06-20

easy streamlined marketing that is directed to our clientel

Pros
Click and drag feature makes it easy, step by step instructions. Also the reporting is just what I need to see.

Cons
I think the price is a bit high for monthly e-newsletters, would like an option for quarterly too that would be less.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Tina,

Glad to know you enjoy our drag and drop features along with our reporting. :)

For your reference, we do offer loyalty pricing for 6 month and annual plans. (10% / 15% discounts).

Please contact our team if you have questions on upgrading.

Sincerely,

Anonymous

Best one out there so far

Reviewed 2017-12-13

Sending out newsletters on a scheduled basis with great templates to work from.

Pros
I love that I can choose from a variety of templates to send out professional-looking emails. My primary use is to send out newsletters, so Benchmark has provided all the features (and much more) necessary to do so.

Cons
Sometimes, certain features (such as sending test emails, uploading pictures that actually display, random graphics that appear and I can't remove, etc) aren't as smooth as I'd like. While their friendly customer support is available by live chat, I was still unable to resolve these issues.

Response from Benchmark

Thank you for the high rating! We appreciate the effort to go out of your way to share your experience with us to others. I would love to speak with you in regards to the issue you posted. Please log on to our chat when you have a moment to speak with me so we can further investigate the issue. (Ask for Robert). I look forward to speaking with you!

Hal Licino

Among The Best Email Providers

Reviewed 2014-11-20

I've had experience with other email service providers and have generally found them lacking in one way or another, but Benchmark Email has been able to satisfy all my email marketing needs. They are extremely proficient in every aspect of their offerings, and just some of the highlights include their crystal clear analytics interface, their extremely effective and well-designed templates, and their ability to achieve elevated deliverability levels.

Pros
Their A/B Split Testing system is definitely one of the easiest to use that I've ever seen, making what is generally a time consuming and confusing task extremely simple and straightforward. I also appreciate the breadth of their survey options.

Cons
Their interface is very effective on smartphones, tablets, and laptop screens but gets a bit too big on a 32" PC monitor.

Abigail Nwaocha

A great Alternative to MailChimp

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2016-11-11

I'm almost always on the lookout for free marketing software's to test out and after using SendinBlue and MailChimp, I wanted something with email marketing automation similar to MailChimp but with a smooth UI and design the abilities of MailChimp. I found Benchmark while searching for free email automation software's on Google. I wanted an email marketing software to create an email course. I could have used SendinBlue but I wanted one that would notify me whenever someone joins the course, I also wanted a software that integrated with Facebook. Benchmarks free plan caught my eyes and I signed up after asking the online support a few questions. Pros: Responsive templates somewhat similar to Active Hosted Drag and Drop editor. Creating templates email templates were easy and the customization options were great. Cons: I asked the customer support if I could add an image header in the email signup form (MailChimp supports this) and he said yes. Sadly, like Zoho Forms and SendinBlue forms, the design options for signup forms are very limited and doesn't allow more branding options.

Pros
Simple email editor, The free plan comes with features for beginners to email marketing or for bloggers and small businesses.

Cons
The email automation in the freeplan only allows one-off emails like welcome emails. What i wanted was to create drip campigns such as email courses but unfortunately the free plan doesnt allow that. I wish they had stated what the freeplan can and cannot do before i signed up, because i was looking forward to A/B testing, indepth reports and creating drip campigns but the free plan doesn't allow that.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Abigail,

Thank you for the detailed review! In regards to the image on your signup form, we made some improvements to our signup form tools and you should be able to add in an image to the form. Please contact our support team if you have questions on how to do this. We thank you for using our service and sharing the good word with the world! Please keep an eye out for some new automation tools. :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Elesa Dillon

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Benchmark is a great solution to sending bulk emails. The provided designs are easy to use. The segmentation of contacts is perfect for the type of emails I send. Whenever an issue I can't figure out, the customer support is fast acting and always solves my issue efficiently.

Pros
Benchmark email software is very easy to use, it's affordable.

Cons
There is not anything I can think of that I like least.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Elesa,

Thanks for your review and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

Jennifer Odegard

Great Customer Support

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Benchmark allows us to communicate with our customers with attractive newsletters and announcements in an efficient, trackable way.

Pros
I like being able to design attractive campaigns the reporting function is useful.

Cons
Some of the steps regarding list verification are inconvenient, but support has always been responsive and helpful. Occasionally it is challenging to line-up side-by-side images, such as multiple logos in an attractive layout.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

SYLVIA IBARRA

Ideal E-mail Program

Reviewed 2019-05-30

I'm able to reach out to thousands of customers around the world each month with my e-news letter. I'm able to target certain groups easily and capitalize on the success of my campaigns.

Pros
Ease of use, value for your money, reporting functions

Cons
Photo uploader fails on a regular basis and have to call for assistance, customer service is not really friendly or always helpful

Response from Benchmark

Hello Sylvia,

Thanks for your feedback. It helps us do better.

We're constantly improving our features. Our image editor is one we're currently working on.

- Benchmark Team

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Dan Bohrmann

Pricy for infrequent use

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Pros
I like the interface, it works pretty well.

Cons
The price. It is expensive if you don't send frequent emails.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the review.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Stephen Clark

Benchmark Email used by NPO's for Monthly Newsletters and Announcements

Reviewed 2019-05-23

We use it to send a monthly newsletter to all our Audi Club Lone Star members, and to make special announcements, enabling us to reach members that aren't on social media.

Pros
Very good at helping to maintain a good email reputation

Cons
The editor is confusing to use and often produces inexplicable results.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review.

Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to show you the different features our email editor has and answer any questions you may have.

- Benchmark Team

Dario Omerdic

Benchmark - The Free Autoresponder

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Pros
In the past I used Mailchimp but nowdays as a Free autoresponder I use Benchmark. The main difference is that in Benchmark you can use 1 form for 2 different signups which you can't in Mailchimp and you get a full autoresponder as a free account with Benchmark. In Mailchimp you need to send emails manualy. The pricing also favours Benchmark.

Cons
Currently, the only con I can think of would be the user interface design which could be improved.

Crystal Knispel

Decent Email Software

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-05-31

Benchmark will reach some customers that Constant Contact will not, which is nice. They do have a lengthy approval process for lists which is good to make sure they keep the spam down but it makes sending an email the same day you add a list difficult.

Pros
It's really easy to use! You just pull blocks over where you need them so it's easy to build yourself a custom look instead of just using a template.

Cons
It's hard to customize the color and text. There are sets and palettes you can pick from, but if you want to mix and match or deviate from those presets it can be chore.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Crystal,

Thanks for your review.

Vincent Lackowski

Producing campaigns easy and fast

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Very happy with the purchase, recieved a call from my account manager the day we started which really means a lot, especially in walking me through the initial set up. Very reasonable rates and they offer a great discount for non-profit orgs.

Pros
Very intuitive for a beginner/limited user of email software. I was able to produce and edit a great looking campaign within hours of purchasing my plan. The subscriber list transfer was also very smooth and testing the emails with my team was very easy prior to initiating the full send. Definitely like the easy to read analytics and reports generated.

Cons
I think the email body editing interface could have better formatting options, but it works great for what we need.