All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Brandfolder

Cloud-based digital asset management and sharing platform

Brandfolder Reviews

PHOTO AND VIDEO ASSET MANAGEMENT

Our company began using Brandfolder in Fall 2019 and it's been a great tool for managing our vast collections of photography, videos, print and digital ads, signage, and more. I no longer have to spend hours poring through server volumes in search of inconsistently named and poorly organized assets.

Pros

Fast and easy uploading. Tagging, organizing, and categorizing are all very simple.

Cons

Nothing yet. Brandfolder serves the purpose we use it for and I haven't even had to contact customer service or tech support.

Decent Software, Difficult To Navigate

Pros

Allows all assets in one place, regardless of format. Preview feature works well

Cons

Search function difficult to get useful results

One of the best tools in the business

Terrific customer service. Great response times.

Pros

Stacking functionality for multiple formats and assets.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't love about Brandfolder. It's a great tool.

Sharing Assets Made Easy

Being able to combine multiple assets libraries and sharing assests is now much easier. I haven't used other asset managing programs, so I can't compare, but this program seems to be solving all of our problems.

Pros

Selecting multiple assets and sharing one link with colleagues make creating briefs 100x easy and better. I also really enjoy the AI tagging when uploading new assets/images. I also like that it finds duplicate images and groups them as one in case you have uploaded the same asset multiple times. I also like that when you want to download an image, it gives you options like PNG, JPEG, etc.

Cons

I don't like that if an image is not tagged correctly it is hard to find. For example, I some times need to specifically need to type the full name of an asset instead of a shorter version: ABC vs BrandNameABC.

Best file control platform

Comparing its functions with other platforms, Brandfolder is by far, the most complete. It has advanced functions such as file control, user permissions, reports, and files conversion to other formats and sizes. It is my favorite platform to use for safeguarding and sharing files within the company.

Pros

I love its tag function, it is especially useful for finding resources that meet the characteristics you need (ex: commercial photos), I had not found this function yet on other platforms.

Cons

Its price is a very expensive platform that a small or medium-sized business can hardly implement, considering it is possible to achieve the basic functions with another platform at a fraction of the price.

This is a game changer!

Once I got the hang of using Brandfolder, it has been easy to set up usable templates and organize content.

Pros

I use this software for a client. I design all of their advertising, and set up usable templates using Brandfolder. It is easy to use, organize and implement.

Cons

I wish that we could set up templates with Adobe Illustrator, and not just InDesign.

Improving Partner Relationship

Pros

I love that it's easy to organize, update, and teach our partners how to access and use. I also love the ability to track document metrics - helps us know what our most valuable assets are to different partners.

Cons

When I upload a document, it doesn't display the hero image, but instead the whole first page of the document. If I can easily identify a key image for the thumbnail / display, that would be very helpful.

Quick and easy organizational tool for housing and sharing pictures and videos

Pros

It allows me to quickly and easily find assets (pictures, videos,) or create flyers or brochures aligned with my organizations brand. It's great that all our employees have access to it and and use approved photos and templates for their individual department's needs.

Cons

Because we have thousands of assets, it would be nice if we could have a drop down menu for folders to further categorize pictures/videos, etc.

Essential Corporate Identity Platform

Brandfolder is decluttering our lives and ensuring everyone is using the most up to date assets. It also saves the agency and client valuable time since assets are easily accessible.

Pros

What I like most about Brandfolder is how easy it is to set up, add and organize assets.

Cons

I initially disliked the upfront cost but quickly realized the platform's invaluable capabilities.

Great choice for storing and sharing assets

We use Brandfolder primarily for the storage and sharing of photos which are used throughout our intellectual disability services for identifying people, objects and places.

Pros

We found Brandfolder to be a cost effective, user friendly and very powerful tool for allowing us to store and share our assets. Customer service, when required, has always been prompt, courteous and efficient.

Cons

We found the user registration process slightly confusing at first but got used to it pretty quickly.

"Brandfolder usability great, please keep improving!

Pros

Ease of customizing for multiple brands and asset types.

Cons

Search functionality could be improved.

All your assets in one place!

Really pleased with how we have been able to simply access to our business assets. Videos, photos and docs now live in agile buckets which we can customise depending on the project need.

Pros

Brandfolder is super easy to setup and doesn't take much time to learn how to use.

Cons

Some features are counterintuitive at first. The sticky select feature did trip us up a couple of times when tagging.

Useful

Pros

This is a huge time-saver for the marketing team, and ensures the collateral our sales team are sending out remain on brand and fully in line with guidelines. It's really helpful from a user perspective too, being able to make a couple of tweaks to existing templates and download with ease, rather than brief in to another team.

Cons

We've had a sign-in issues, but nothing too inconvenient.

Collaboration couldn't be easier with Brandfolder

Brandfolder allows us to collaborate across our marketing department, across our business and solves the problem of centralizing our branding so it's accessible to all.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access files in an organized way, I love being able to access our brand colors without having to go on a wild goose chase, and I love that we can share all our branding with different departments within our business.

Cons

N/A - I really love the software and have no complaints.

Overall - a good product

Organizing files for our nationwide company, so we are joined together in files we all share.

Pros

Downloading procedures are very simple, things are laid out nicely to see what is in each folder. Can view the items quickly to make sure if it is what you want.

Cons

Sometimes it is very difficult to find an item. Not sure if that is the organization of our administrator or the functionality of the site itself.

What a great product

We can now share important assets internally and externally and control who sees what

Pros

Easy to use, easy to onboard! We had BF up and running in less than 2 months.

Cons

Some of the functionality seems to still be getting worked out, but overall very easy to use

Probably the best DAM on the market, honestly

Overall, I think I'd still recommend the product. Its use cases, product maturity, and product fidelity, and ease of use still make it really invaluable.

Pros

I love the interface and the ease of use of this product. I honestly believe it to be probably one of the easiest DAMs to use on the market. The key reason why we chose Brandfolder above other products was because we were interested in an easy to use solution that would be easily integrated to our existing workflows and also have the capability to deprecate usage as model rights and usage expired. Brandfolder checked off all the boxes.

Cons

The onboarding team was pretty hands-off. One thing I was led to believe was that there would be an entire onboarding process to help democratize and communicate the solution. After we signed on with our partnership we were pretty much left to our own devices. I really wish we had received more of a guided experience.

Very clean & easy to use. Great tool for asset management

Pros

It's a great resource for employees to quickly pull the the most up-to-date company assets. It has been a real time saver, our team no longer has the constant interuptions from others looking for logos, photos, etc... and we are also able to track which asset are being used and by who.

Cons

So far there are no issues with Brandfolder, it has does everything we need it to do.

Essential Tool for Our Team and Our External Partners

Pros

This tool creates an easy way for our team to share curated brand assets with different brand partners. It doesn't have to be a one size fits all file sharing tool, we can customize the file access depending on who we want to send to.

Cons

The "default" download and batching of PNG, JPEG into one image can make it confusing for some brand partners to understand that a transparent PNG even exists on an image.

Good Asset Management Tool

Pros

The ability to showcase documents in an organized manner, able to tag documents for easy search functionality, easy to upload new documents

Cons

Some of the features/functions are not easy to locate, somewhat expensive

Decent Software But Needs Some Improvements

Great for grouping photos together. Love the tagging feature, it makes finding photos a lot easier.

Pros

Makes categorizing assets fairly easy. You can easily download different file sizes, which is really convenient for other platforms who have max file size uploads.

Cons

There are some 'sticky' necessary functions that can be an issue when searching for digital assets. The UI can be unreliable.

Great Enterprise Software for Asset Management

Pros

Easy to onboard across a large, cross-functional team - Simple user experience - Nice tagging capabilities - Great search function

Cons

Would love more red-lining capabilities and in-tool collaboration features.

Great File Management Tool!

We're able to manage, share, and access files easily for our completely distributed team.

Pros

Brandfolder allows our firm to manage files in a clear, concise manner that is great for anyone on the team to access, and great to share with clients.

Cons

This tool takes a while to set up, and to upload files and tag/organize properly for each task is a bit time consuming vs. saving on a server.

Superb ease of use

Pros

The user experience is exceptional. The layout is very clean and action buttons are clear. We move quickly, any small items like this really impact our process positively. Security settings and the ability to track who has access to our assets are important to us; knowing that assets can have restrictions and expiration dates is one of the features that stood out to us when purchasing this DAM system. Would highly recommend.

Cons

I do not like that you can't download videos straight form the system, but have to go to an external media site (like vimeo) to link to.

Great Product

Pros

We love the ease of use, how it universally meets our needs and how robust Brandfolder is. Customer service is always willing to lend a hand and responds very quickly.

Cons

I just wish I had enough time to add all of our assets here!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.