Buffer Case Study

4.54/5 (743 reviews)

Buffer use case: Susanna Conway

Susanna Conway

15th of November, 2016
A FREE user's good, but limited, social media management tool

I have individually used a FREE Buffer account for nearly 5 years to manage my Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts. As a free user, I'm limited to 10 updates in my buffer (Scheduler).

What do you like best?

Free account: - Social networks include: Twitter, Facebook (profile, page, or group), Google+ (profile or page), LinkedIn (profile or page), and Instagram - User-friendly interface - Simple analytics dashboard - Offers to optimize your update schedule (Optimal Timing Tool) - Offers an easy image creation tool (Pablo) - Offers a browser extension & a mobile app for easier sharing (Power Scheduler)

What do you dislike?

Free account: - Social networks lack: Pinterest, LinkedIn group - Not a social monitoring tool - Limited to 10 updates in your Scheduler - Does not include RSS Feed, calendar

Why did you end up selecting Buffer over other applications?

Free account offering... - Integrated with my Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts - User-friendly interface - Simple analytics dashboard - Optimal Timing Tool - Power Scheduler

If so, why did you switch?

I use Buffer and Hootsuite in junction.... Buffer as a scheduling tool and Hootsuite as a social monitoring tool.

What is your main use case with Buffer?

I have individually used a free Buffer account for nearly 5 years to manage my Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts.

Give one example how Buffer has improved the way your organization functions

Cross-posting social updates at scheduled, optimal times.

What is your ROI?

As a free user, my ROI is time savings.

9/10

Recommendations to others considering Buffer

I'd recommend Buffer as an entry point for people interested in social marketing. However, keep in mind that this is a scheduling tool... not a social monitoring tool. For those that would then like to step up their social marketing game, I'd then encourage exploring a social monitoring tool, too.

2+ years