Campaign Monitor Reviews - Page 2

Campaign Monitor Gets the Job Done - But Not For Large Companies with Robust Needs.

If you're looking for an email-only program - i.e. only to create and send emails, and look at email stats - this is fine. But if you're in the market for a true email marketing platform that you use in conjunction with the rest of your marketing tools AND want to view how emails play a part in the customers' journey, then this isn't the platform for you. I'd recommend looking into Hubspot (or something similar), which acts as both a CRM, website, and email tool.

Pros

The ease of use is by far the best thing about Campaign Monitor. No background in coding or HTML? No problem! This platform lets you create visually-appealing emails with only a few clicks of a button. Looking at the email stats was very simple too. Overall it's a good, simple platform to meet your small business needs.

Cons

The fact that Campaign Monitor lives outside our system. We had been looking for a simple email marketing tool - which this was. But when we were ready to make the jump into a more robust platform (one that seamlessly integrated with our CRM), it wasn't possible. Plus, not being able to marry together the email insights into our customer actions/deals/leads was a big hindrance.

Amazing Customer Service

I've used Campaign Monitor on behalf of two separate marketing agencies now and am very pleased with the platform. For one, we used the whitelable feature to facilitate our various clients sending emails via template. For the other, we use CM for our agency email marketing across several departments.

Pros

FANTASTIC customer service and technical support! Several times I've reached out to Campaign Monitor with custom questions, needs, or requests for assistance. Not only has the support team been very swift to respond, but the responses are personalized, friendly, and truly helpful. Each time, they've taken the time to fully understand my need and situation, find a solution, and offer that solution quickly and up front. These are real humans who can truly help and work hard to offer pro-active solutions, keeping us on schedule and on budget. I'm super pleased.

Cons

Thanks for the awesome review! We're so happy that our support and technical team has been able to assist you with your needs! Let us know anytime we can help!

Proud longtime user

Pros

The focus on great user experience and effective design throughout the backend is second to none. It actually makes using Campaign Monitor a pleasure to use.

Cons

Off the top of my head - nothing! Possibly, during the transition to the new templating system a few years back, it took a little while to get used to it. But that's more a user error. Now I'm so pleased they changed things up.

Easy to use, great customer support!

Easy to use, no glitches, email deliverabillity is great.

Pros

Drag and drop features are perfect. Reporting is great too.

Cons

Possibility to control and set up text spacing in email.

Overall we are quite happy with Campaign Monitor

Pros

We have found Campaign Monitor to be generally intuitive to use. Initial challenges in setup were overcome quite easily. Reasonable range of Do It Yourself templates that are customisable. Campaign Monitor has help information to guide operator of the S/W

Cons

Have trouble inserting Pictures into an email and have to structure the communication to add any pictures at the bottom under the text

Beautiful, solid mail software, backed with good service

We have been using Campaign Monitor since 2004 for client and personal campaigns, from lists of a few hundred contacts to those with hundreds of thousands of contacts. Campaign Monitor is a slick, solid and easy to use. You can tell that each feature has been well thought out and polished. It is easy to read about a new feature and know how to start using instantly. In over 10 years of use we...

Cons

Best newsletter software product especially for resellers

My company is able to add additional SaaS revenue with little effort. This is a huge benefit in adding money to our bottom line.

Pros

I love that this is a top quality newsletter software product that my company can generate revenue with. It is one of the best out there so to add an opportunity to resell and integrate with our existing business is amazing. Has all the great features you would want and even as a reseller do the billing. Just one of the best white label software I've ever used and fully customizable. Love each month getting a check and not really needing to do anything but add clients to it.

Cons

There is nothing to not like. My only ask would be to allow resellers to make way more margins off of the product.

Great integrations for email marketing

sending multiple emails and marketing campaigns and producing reports to show effect

Pros

Ease of use, sending email campaigns for clients and reporting on delivery, open rates, click throughts, bounces, etc

Cons

I've had no issues. Also use MailChimp, which seems better for background articles and stats by industry for comparison, but campaign monitor does a good solid job.

Easyt to use email marketing tool

Pros

It's easy to learn this tool because of how simple and straight forward the UI is. It offers a great number of templates as well and has a generally working API which can be used to integrate in websites specially eccomerce ones.

Cons

I'd say it is a bit pricey and some of it's automation features only offer basic functions. Their free account also does not allow email sending so this is kind of a let down compared to other tools of the same nature that offers limited email sending for their free accounts.

Modern Look Makes Great Email

The access to a wide assortment of templates that are actually appropriate for professional grade emails is a huge benefit. The implementation is a breeze and they offer wonderful training Support on their website. Overall a great find.

Pros

Campaign Monitor was a brilliant find for me as I explored various options for Email Marketing for clients. Their user interface is pleasing and template options, plentiful. I'd say that this was one of the easiest platforms to integrate and out of the box ready. It seems like they are favored in terms of integrations with popular software so that is a plus. Overall I like the feel of the style on the template library and deliberately was perfect each time. For a sensible and wildly affordable option take them for a test drive and you will come to see why I put them at the top of my recommended list.

Cons

I wish the option of landing pages was also included so it could be an all in one. I also appreciate though that they stay in their lane and perfected their offering which I believe they have.

Outstanding product AND customer service

Pros

The software is classy, excellent looking, has great analytics, is very reasonable, is easy to set up and manage AND if there is any trouble, CampaignMonitor has an outstanding customer service team. We have been using CM for several years now and from the first newsletter we sent out we were impressed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. The software is easy to use.

A fantastic tool for email marketing

Great insights into the success/value of my email marketing

Pros

Australian Made. Easy to use, lots of features. Constantly being updated with new and useful features. Amazing support - patient, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Email editing tool has a few UI niggles and could do with a few fixes, but doesn't all software? Could always be cheaper, but couldn't all software?

Great Product, Great Value

Pros

I feel like I've tested nearly all of the email marketing software out there and Campaign Monitor is easily one of the best options out there. Great UI/UX, easy to use, and lots of integrations and templates. Highly recommended!

Cons

Getting used to the software was really the only small issue some of our team ran into. I was pretty used to Mailchimp and SendGrid so getting used to this wasn't too much of an issue. There is also lots of online tutorials and they have quality customer services as well.

Gets the job done for simple email campaigns

Pros

Ease of use- you can set up an email campaign in minutes, and it's very user friendly. Works for basic email sends.

Cons

This is a great baseline tool for email marketing, but I wouldn't recommend it for complex nurture and lifecycle campaigns, as it is not as robust as other enterprise tools on the market.

Excellent customer service

Pros

Easy to use, very adaptable to different client needs, set up really well for organised isatio a, individuals or small consultant agencies like me

Cons

Some of the invisible formatting can be vexing, for example heading sizes can slip into paragraphs and you can think its fixed on preview but it shows up again in test emails, or, worse, the real thing.

Excellent for testing emails rigidly.

As a developer my experience is most certainly a positive one, although as I'm not a QA expert I can't comment completely on this.

Pros

Although testing on the likes of litmus is great, Campaign monitor gives the ability to test emails EXACTLY. This has been excellent for development and my learning about email code

Cons

None come to mind, this has been quite easy to use and navigate and has helped with the amending and checking of emails. I'm not a QA expert though so feel I can't comment completely on this.

Campaign Monitor Review

Great program to track and organize all of my emails and list, track results, and create nice looking emails

Pros

I can manage all of my leads and email lists all in one place. I can choose which list to send a campaign to, and it will not send to duplicate emails. I can save and reuse past campaigns. The analytics are helpful to track campaigns and who opened an email and when.

Cons

There is a limited amount of emails and lists that I can use. Difficulty embedding videos into email campaigns.

Easy to use and they've thought of everything!

We save tremendous amounts of time and energy by designing our emails and generating our lists and letting Campaign Monitor take care of the rest.

Pros

The built-in list management and report systems are top-notch. You could skip Excel entirely if were so inclined.

Cons

There are a few operations that I wish we were able to do in bulk like copying emails and deleting lists.

We use it for designing client newsletter and managing communications

Ideal tool for agencies managing newsletters and other communications on behalf of their clients

Pros

Perhaps we are a bit biased but this is the only tool that fits perfectly in our case - it has everything for an agency to design and send newsletter or communicate otherwise with our clients subscribers. Other tools are more oriented to somebody working insise companies.

Cons

Nothing really. It has everything other tool have and also has quite nice and clean interface, also easy to customize.

I found the software easy to use

Pros

I find the software easy to use. The upload of data is very easy. I like the templates as they are clear and punchy.

Cons

Limited to only to Campaign Monitors templates. Would like the option to upload other templates that I have used for other email campaigns and or website campaigns.

Great tool, does the job well!

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a really great app, it does everything it promises and has a ton of variety in layout for emails, buttons, links and everything you would need to make a great campaign email! It organizes our lists very well and is definitely one of the better solutions out there!

Cons

The thing I would like to see improved is the interface. It is a bit difficult to understand and really not very intuitive. Once you have a grasp on it though, you can manage!

The best tool for agency's email marketing

Pros

The simplistic user interface and great template library make Campaign Monitor a fantastic tool for email marketing. We use it at our agency to manage some clients e-newsletters - amazing product.

Cons

The pricing model can be expensive to deploy at scale depending on the pricing requirements of smaller clients.

Great Support

We use their service to send email newsletters on behalf of clients. The site has a great set of features and in the rare instance that something goes wrong, the support is phenomenal.

Cons

Great Email Send Software!

Campaign Monitor is our go-to email send software! Overall, we have had a great experience with them!

Pros

Our company loves using Campaign Monitor! It's very user friendly and aesthetically pleasing!

Cons

Contacting customer service is very complicated with Campaign Monitor, which can be quite frustrating in time sensitive situations.

Great for our monthly newsletter!

I've used Campaign Monitor for 5 years now, we've looked at other options here and there but always come back to this one. It's our go to given we don't send a lot of emails and it allows us to track what we need.

Pros

We have a variety of people on staff and not everyone is able to code at the same level. This platform allows us to get ANYONE to hop on and put an email together to get it out the door. Love love love this program. The updates and reporting on each email is also actionable and very insightful.

Cons

You have to keep your files really organized or else you can get "lost" when finding stuff. So when you first set it up make sure you have folders and files appropriately named.