Campaign Monitor Reviews - Page 5

Disappointed in this one

Pros

Setting up their email marketing emails was very simple and I like the templates that it comes with for you to choose from.

Cons

Their forms had me stumped. They advertised beautiful sign up forms but when I tried to design an inline / embed form, it was stripped and wasn't even showing up on my website. After contacting support (took them a while to respond) they told me I'd have to write my own html code to design the form. This was a huge disappointment. I had other questions as well but figured out the solution before they responded. On top of that I paid to try it out which they refused to refund me. I've tried other services that all came with a 30 day money back. Even Mailchimp has refunded me for things they legally did not have to. I ended up using Sumo forms instead which work great with MailChimp.

Super Service

I've only ever had to contact the Support team a couple of times (the software is super easy), but the support guys are exceptional... well done guys..!

Cons

A decent tool for the price, but challenging to train others on.

Pros

I like that this product is easily customizable and user-friendly for customizing your own designs. I felt that it was easy for me to make this product work for me the way I needed it to.

Cons

It was very challenging to train my sales team on using this product, even with a comprehensive step-by-step guide. This product might be best suited to controlled access and not having "too many hands in the pot".

Campaign Monitor

If you are a few mailings a month to a few lists or segments of contacts, then this should work fine for you. If you have thousands of contacts that you need to reach in marketing campaigns several times a week with contact options to opt out of one or more segments while still being a part of the master list, look elsewhere.

Pros

Some pros for this app are the price point, campaign statistics reporting and integration with Salesforce.

Cons

This app appears to be geared towards smaller organizations that do not have a technical staff on board to manage the marketing. It has been so watered down to be user friendly that it not very robust or customizable. It does have a Salesforce connector to track some campaign data in Salesforce. The volume of data that often gets tracked, while important to companies, eats up Salesforce data storage very quickly. If you are not careful with how you manage lists and segments, costs can quickly creep up and become overwhelming.

Great product, does the job well for what we need

Overall, it's great. does what we need it to do and supports the marketing operations well.

Pros

Templates are easy to set up and duplicate with many options to format and change as needed. It's a simple way to manage different campaigns and communicate to your customers

Cons

The UI isn't great looking and lacks colour and excitement. I'd also like more information fields available in the lists section.

With Campaign Monitor testing and sending

CampaignMonitor helped me especially when I needed to test my email templates across a variety of email clients.

Pros

- It features a mail testing services which saved me more than once - It's feature plenty and developer friendly - It can be used for various purposes other than "just" sending emails

Cons

- Some parts of the UI are cumbersome and feel stuck in another internet era - Some services can be very pricey if you don't have a subscription

Always easy to use and feedback on queries is fabulous

Pros

The ease of use, depth of reporting, and helpful support team. I like the ability to change and alter the campaign up until the last minute, even if delivery has been scheduled. Circumstances often change and a re-write can be a necessity!

Cons

I would like to be able to customise my eflyers a little more than is currently possible. I have downloaded an HTML template but I am still restricted with what I can alter in design terms.

Campaign Monitor helps drive my business forward

I run my own email marketing agency in the UK and have been using Campaign Monitor for seven years. Back in 2008 I looked at many other providers and I continue to regularly evaluate what else is on the market. I rate Campaign Monitor very highly for blissfully simple ease of use, word class support, and continuous innovation. Creating campaigns efficiently and accurately is vital for my productivity and profitability, and Campaign Monitor enables me to do this with ease.

Pros

Outstanding, friendly and adult-to-adult customer support. Ease of use. Innovation. Ability to manage multiple customers on one account.

Cons

Glad we've had you as a customer for the past 7 years! We hope to continue to provide you the best product and support in the market!

Expensive but very good

Pros

Easy to make beautiful messages. Automated unsubscribe

Cons

Basic support. Basic plan is not cheap, but it is still with limited number of functionalities - eg no marketing automation.

Good product with lots of functionalities

Pros

I like all the functionalities that they include

Cons

I think it could be a little easier to navigate

Campaign Monitor Restricts You

If you are a new user and don't already have an email list on which to build from, there is no free tier!

Pros

Like the templates that are given for your emails.

Cons

Did not like the caps on emails per month.

More features than MailChimp

I've used campaign monitor for a few years. It worked great for what I was doing, and they have spam prevention built into the setup process which I respect.

Pros

- Template customization is really easy - Import email data from almost any source - Easily to build campaigns - Professional company that keeps spammers out - Journey designer

Cons

- Image hosting can be messy. I usually host my images on a separate AWS server.

Recommended ESP. Nice interface and frequent feature upgrades.

Pros

Nice interface and frequent feature upgrades. Can import lists without having to do opt-in again like Mailchimp making migrating easier.

Cons

Sometimes edits are not saved making test emails required.

Simple, reliable, and a great email marketing tool

Was able to send out mass marketing emails and got terrific responses from my customers. Little did they know that my secret weapon was this here software.

Pros

Very nice interface, easy to learn and use, and you can easily customize lists based on your customer profiles.

Cons

Functionality is a tad limited and I would have liked more customization options or templates in the designs.

Best Campaign Site Ever

This site is everything you need to create and monitor a campaign. You are able to revier reports. Users can subcribe and unsubscribe at anytime. It is the best I have ever used.

Pros

Monitor the activity at any time you wish.

Cons

Not applicable

Superior customer service

Customer service is top-notch. the user interface is is well laid out. Help/self-service resources are great.

Pros

i like the different options, whether it be drag-and-drop templates or using my own HTML, or being able to share templates across all my clients accounts or create individual ones... good stuff!

Cons

sometimes the images don't render in test emails :(

Campaign Monitor are leading the way

I needed to set up a complex automated email journey and Campaign Monitor was the only system that was up to the job. I was able to use built in features throughout, and create a highly bespoke experience for my customers, without any need for coding; this was important as I didn't have budget for a developer or consultant to set up a system for me. I'm sure it could still be made a lot easier, but I think this is just the start and look forward to seeing how the system develops. When I needed help along the way the team were extremely quick to respond and took the time to understand my specific technical questions, rather than just sending back a stock answer - overall extremely impressive.

Great Email Marketing Resource

We've used Campaign Monitor for quite a few years now and have nothing but good things to say about it! Everything is so user friendly and self explanatory. It's simple to create a professional and clean email campaign. There are templates you can use, but if you want to customize the template a little to fit your company it's possible and easy. I can create a campaign so quickly and get the word out that I need to. Uploading email contacts is easy. My favorite feature is launching world view once I have sent a campaign. I am able to watch a map that pops up who and where is opening the email I have just sent. It's a fun quirk that is also useful. I highly recommend Campaign Monitor!

Very weak tool.

Cheap newsletters.

Pros

Sends very (VERY) basic eNewsletters. Pricing is based on number of enewsletter sent, so it's basically pay-as-you-go which may be good for customers with limited budgets. Probably best for small companies or organizations, not sending many newsletters, needing little customization, and not doing much marketing tracking.

Cons

Very few template or customization options. Extremely clunky editing widgets. Terrible customer service when help was requested setting up a new template. I received a response that was basically "Well I can do it, so the problem is clearly yours." The data reports from the newsletters were very limited. Process for sending was very manual. Had to upload new lists (via excel) of recipients each time, for every newsletter sent.

Fantastic Customer Service

I use Campaign Monitor on a daily basis and usually never run into any issues. But in the off chance that I do, when I contact their support team, they are always there to help me in a timely and friendly manner. Not to mention their personalized videos tutorials they send are tremendous!

Pros

- User friendly - beautiful templates - Automation process helps eliminate manual emails - Segmenting your lists my special criteria are a godsend - It's the right tool for the job

Cons

- I wish I could a/b test automation email - also wish it had more behavioral triggers that could link to my companies software

Tonnes of options, yet easy to use

Pros

Easy to pick up and use. Lot's of valuable features. Great statistics on campaign success. Easy to personalise emails. Great support documentation.

Cons

I really can't fault it, though it'd be a bonus to have more advanced personalisation options using IF statements. For example, if subscriber-custom-field = XYZ, then show ABC text, otherwise show DEF text.

Great way to set clients up to send emails plus you make money

Pros

This platform is great for agencies or freelancers who want to set clients up to send their own emails but you make a percentage which you determine with every send they executed. It is also easy to set up the templates with basic html code.

Cons

The customer service would be the one con as it took forever to get a response the one time I needed it.

I've used this product for many years and have always found what I needed.

Pros

I love the ease of importing contacts and how easy it is to create a beautiful email with a true WYSIWYG editing tool. Great set of templates to start with. Cool map to watch opens as they happen.

Cons

I don't have a lot of issues here. I wish that I could see every open but I know that's a limitation on some mobile devices and not CM themselves.

One Stop Email Marketing

Campaign Monitor offers an incredible email marketing management solution that really makes it a joy to work on email marketing campaigns. The real time monitoring feature is pure bliss!

Pros

Fantastic campaign builder that takes the work out of email marketing.

Cons

There is almost too much choice, which can make it daunting for new starters

Great email solution

Great solution for clients who are looking for a simple to use automated system.

Pros

Fantastic automation for drip email campaigns, very simple to use. At the basic level it is a fantastic tool for small businesses to build proper email marketing campaigns using automation.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I truly dislike about this product.